What fe game do you think will release after 3h finishes its dlc

issysito

What fe game do you think will release after 3h finishes its dlc  

85 members have voted

1. 1. what game do you think will be developed on next?

• Fe4 remake
    • fe6 remake
    • spin off game
    • New original game
    • 3h remake
    • other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/13/2019 at 09:10 PM

3 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

All I ask is that they don't ruin the story by forcing the rewind mechanic (which I've resigned myself to being canonized rather than just a mechanic) into the story without thinking through the consequences. Genealogy revolves around a complex chain of absolute tragedies happening all throughout it, and if they put a turnwheel in canon, I want it to make sense and not be distracting or turn Sigurd into a colossal idiot like Byleth.

My wildest fantasy is that when Seliph gets it, he has a moment where he questions whether or not he wants to heed the divine prophecies of a turnwheel that

Reveal hidden contents

led his father and the parents of most of his friends to a fiery and miserable death.

And I hope they give me the choice to have Seliph reject the turnwheel and the cruel god who controls it, destroy it, and resolve to fix the world without divine help, while a modern remix of Seliph's theme triumphantly plays.

I hope the turn wheel mechanic gets dropped for a better idea. One that gives a player the option to not replay the chapter(which the devs never intended you to do anyway), and a system that incentivizes you not to use it. 

For example, a new game can have the protagonists special weapon be a powerful weapon, with unrepairable durability, and for a 1 durability point either save the game mid chapter, or turn back time for a limited amount of turns.

Besides, the turn wheel is redundant in fe4. You can already save every turn. If you fucked up and didn't save that's on you.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ced von Lewyn said:

3rd arguement - we are just a small block of what is a popular game series in japan. Even if we don't know, or care about, fe 2 or 4 it will be remade. Fe1 was a major success in japan, 2 was even bigger, 3 and 4 were big, and 5 was damned to be the worst selling of them all.

Thracia should never be blamed for it's poor sell figures though.

The greatest game ever made wouldn't have sold on the snes in 1999.

7 hours ago, Timlugia said:

We all know the real answer for next game is TMS:FE port to Switch...😀

it comes out in january though, and 3H's season pass will continue until april

6 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

All I ask is that they don't ruin the story by forcing the rewind mechanic into the story

echoes has it but purely as a gameplay mechanic

6 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

They already messed that up as the remakes went : FE1 remake -> FE3 remake -> FE2 remake.

well they were in desperate need for money back then, so no wonder they skipped gaiden's remske

5 minutes ago, Julian Solo said:

The point of Gaiden story was that Alm was the flawed one that screwed up and got captured. Celica was supposed to save Alm but Echoes screwed this up baffling badly. Doubt the next remake  will have 100% faithful story anyway.

Source?

I'd buy a remade version of the Judgral games. I love the story those games told, but I know the Genealogy gameplay can be better. A remake of Thracia would be also appreciated, but the old fog of war must be replaced. Also make staves less broken.

On the similar topic, I am wondering if there will be more than one wave on DLCs

Koei is well known, if not best known in making DLCs in numbers, for example Dynasty Warriors 8 had some 50 DLC sets in total!

And on the IniSys side, SoV also had so many DLCs, that in the end DLC was more expensive than the base game.

Probably FE Warriors 2 tbh.

If it's not a new game and it's indeed a remake, I would say FE4. They took a lot of inspiration from FE4 this time around. Sounds like they may have been researching it a little bit. Interesting.

11 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

On the similar topic, I am wondering if there will be more than one wave on DLCs

Koei is well known, if not best known in making DLCs in numbers, for example Dynasty Warriors 8 had some 50 DLC sets in total!

And on the IniSys side, SoV also had so many DLCs, that in the end DLC was more expensive than the base game.

i mean, this is still an IntSys game, not a Koei Tecmo's one

i doubt KT has the power to add more DLC contents if IntSys doesn't want it

Edited by Yexin

Spin off is TMSFE. I want a FE4 remake but I sort of expect that if they remake a game it'll be FE6. They talked about it after the release of Echoes and Roy is more popular thanks to Smash but really who knows what they'll do.

4 hours ago, Yexin said:

echoes has it but purely as a gameplay mechanic

The turnwheel is an actual artifact of divine prophecy in story, and this is acceptable (mostly), because nothing tremendously awful happens in the story that doesn't turn out alright in the end. This is not remotely the case for Genealogy, because whatever god would be selectively sending warnings to that thing to ensure the climax of gen 1 plays out would have to be an evil, evil bastard, and I want the story to at least point that out and give Seliph the choice to reject the "mysterious ways" of that god.

13 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

The turnwheel is an actual artifact of divine prophecy in story, and this is acceptable (mostly), because nothing tremendously awful happens in the story that doesn't turn out alright in the end.

well yes but actually no

it is contestualized when silque gives it to you, but it has 0 impact on the story, its exists only for you as a player

these things don't have to be relevant to the plot, so in a hypothetical genealogy remake aidean could give the game's turnwheel-thing to sigurd, he could be like "ok thanks" and don't mention it ever again

3 hours ago, Hekselka said:

Spin off is TMSFE. I want a FE4 remake but I sort of expect that if they remake a game it'll be FE6. They talked about it after the release of Echoes and Roy is more popular thanks to Smash but really who knows what they'll do.

Keep in mind, the Director said that FE6 is the game he'd like to remake next, not that it would be the next game they would actually remake. For all we know, IS is probably going in chronological order for these remakes, which would mean FE4 would likely be remade next.

5 hours ago, redlight said:

I'm going to throw a curveball and say FE5 remake. I know there would be issues with it getting a remake before FE4, but why not lol.

They aren't gonna remake FE5 before FE4. While the opening crawl of FE5 does explain what's going on and it isn't too hard to follow the plot, you'll get more mileage out of it if you played FE4 before it

18 minutes ago, Yexin said:

well yes but actually no

it is contestualized when silque gives it to you, but it has 0 impact on the story, its exists only for you as a player

these things don't have to be relevant to the plot, so in a hypothetical genealogy remake aidean could give the game's turnwheel-thing to sigurd, he could be like "ok thanks" and don't mention it ever again

No. It can't. Once you establish it as an actual ability in the game from an artifact that the characters have, it becomes something the characters could do, but don't.

https://images.app.goo.gl/SqtpbE3jnt9oXuzx9

It doesn't matter that Sora never glides in cutscenes. Once you establish it as something they can do in-game and not as some kind of menu abstraction, people are going to ask why they don't use it. It becomes as dumb as Lilith, after being fed constantly for the whole game,

Spoiler

getting bodied by a faceless in one hit,

Or the goofy absurdity from the original genealogy of

Spoiler

watching Dierdre get kidnapped while surrounded by friendly soldiers.

If the game establishes that a divine artifact the player has can receive holy prophecies of misfortune to come, and all that god does with it is make sure

Spoiler

Sigurd lives just long enough to be a pawn to ruin the world and then die a miserable death,

there is no way Seliph is going to even use the thing without some serious reflecting on the fact that 

Spoiler

whatever god is in that turnwheel killed his family and ruined his life.

Edited by Alastor15243

1 hour ago, Alastor15243 said:

No. It can't. Once you establish it as an actual ability in the game from an artifact that the characters have, it becomes something the characters could do, but don't.

https://images.app.goo.gl/SqtpbE3jnt9oXuzx9

It doesn't matter that Sora never glides in cutscenes. Once you establish it as something they can do in-game and not as some kind of menu abstraction, people are going to ask why they don't use it. It becomes as dumb as Lilith, after being fed constantly for the whole game,

Reveal hidden contents

getting bodied by a faceless in one hit,

Or the goofy absurdity from the original genealogy of

Reveal hidden contents

watching Dierdre get kidnapped while surrounded by friendly soldiers.

If the game establishes that a divine artifact the player has can receive holy prophecies of misfortune to come, and all that god does with it is make sure

Reveal hidden contents

Sigurd lives just long enough to be a pawn to ruin the world and then die a miserable death,

there is no way Seliph is going to even use the thing without some serious reflecting on the fact that 

Reveal hidden contents

whatever god is in that turnwheel killed his family and ruined his life.

The turn will never actually had the power to see the future though only rewind time. Where are you getting the fact Mila controls the future? Because dragons in the Kaga games randomly choose heroes? Which is

the actual story of genealogy anyway with the blessed holy blood.

1 minute ago, Julian Solo said:

The turn will never actually had the power to see the future though only rewind time. Where are you getting the fact Mila controls the future? Because dragons in the Kaga games randomly choose heroes? Which is

Reveal hidden contents

the actual story of genealogy anyway with the blessed holy blood.

I'm being charitable by assuming it sees the future, because that's what Silque (though not the gameplay tutorial) says it does. That way what Alm can and cannot change is up to the whims of whatever prophecies are given through the turnwheel. If it actually rewinds time, it's even worse, because then that would mean that Alm is as dumb as Byleth, because it would mean Alm had the power to rewind time and

Spoiler

save his father

and just completely forgot about it, just like Byleth repeatedly forgets they can rewind time in cutscenes in order for bad things to happen to them

Spoiler

like getting banished to the shadow realm or falling off a cliff into a 5 year coma.

1 hour ago, Alastor15243 said:

ok fren, whatever you want

i'm not gonna ask you why alm doesn't use his turnwheel after rudolf's death, or why he doesn't use it when ferdinand dies, or why celica doesn't use it not to get blocked by the landslide

anyway, i highly doubt they're secretly working on a FEW2 behind the scenes, also because i don't want them to come up with FEW's "we were working on this game in the meanwhile so here you go 70% of the roster is from said game and they're absolutely not sword fighters except they are" bullshit ever again

Edited by Yexin

3 minutes ago, Yexin said:

ok fren, whatever you want

i'm not gonna ask you why alm doesn't use his turnwheel after rudolf's death, or why he doesn't use it when ferdinand dies, or why celica doesn't use it not to get blocked by the landslide

Like I said above, I was being generous and assuming the "rewinding" is just turning what you just did into a bad future prophecy like Silque implies, rather than Alm and Celica actually having the power to rewind time at will like Byleth does. Because yes, if they do, Alm and Celica are completely out of their minds, and I don't want the remake to do the same thing to Sigurd and Seliph.

Edited by Alastor15243

3 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

I'm being charitable by assuming it sees the future, because that's what Silque (though not the gameplay tutorial) says it does. That way what Alm can and cannot change is up to the whims of whatever prophecies are given through the turnwheel. If it actually rewinds time, it's even worse, because then that would mean that Alm is as dumb as Byleth, because it would mean Alm had the power to rewind time and

Hide contents

save his father

and just completely forgot about it, just like Byleth repeatedly forgets they can rewind time in cutscenes in order for bad things to happen to them

Hide contents

like getting banished to the shadow realm or falling off a cliff into a 5 year coma.

Mate

Rudolf was a terrible written character that started the war by a plot hole of somehow walking into Zofia when you can't do that. Plus a very horrible human being Alm instantly forgives Mycen for tricking him into killing him.

Getting banished outside  space and time in another dimension isn't a plot hole. Neither is it when it's clear Byleth can't rewind time that far or even change fate as Sothis tells Byleth. It is also not the same as the turnwheel at all. 

Just now, Julian Solo said:

Mate

Hide contents

Rudolf was a terrible written character that started the war by a plot hole of somehow walking into Zofia when you can't do that. Plus a very horrible human being Alm instantly forgives Mycen for tricking him into killing him.

Getting banished outside  space and time in another dimension isn't a plot hole. Neither is it when it's clear Byleth can't rewind time that far or even change fate as Sothis tells Byleth. It is also not the same as the turnwheel at all. 

Watch the curse cutscene again. Byleth has like 10 seconds when it's clear they just stepped into a nasty trap. Same with the part 1 ending cutscene, they have plenty of time to save themselves.