What fe game do you think will release after 3h finishes its dlc

issysito

What fe game do you think will release after 3h finishes its dlc  

85 members have voted

1. 1. what game do you think will be developed on next?

• Fe4 remake
    • fe6 remake
    • spin off game
    • New original game
    • 3h remake
    • other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/13/2019 at 09:10 PM

6 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Watch the curse cutscene again. Byleth has like 10 seconds when it's clear they just stepped into a nasty trap. Same with the part 1 ending cutscene, they have plenty of time to save themselves.

Sothis says you straight up can't change fate and the curse litterally warped time and space to send Byleth to another dimension. It's not a Jojo Stand level of hacks. How can you be 100% sure it could have worked in those scenarios?

Sothis saved them with another unexplained power anyway.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Julian Solo said:

Sothis says you straight up can't change fate and the curse litterally warped time and space to send Byleth to another dimension. It's not a Jojo Stand level of hacks. How can you be 100% sure it could have worked in those scenarios?

Hide contents

Sothis saved them with another unexplained power anyway.

Setting aside the fact that "some things are just destiny" is a massive cop-out in time travel stories, just because "some things" are "just destiny" doesn't explain this, because how could Byleth know which things are and aren't destiny?

Spoiler

Even assuming that, the second the curse starts warming up and black clouds appear, it magically locks Byleth's time powers, that doesn't change the fact that he didn't even try and fail. And there's no excuse for when Byleth falls off a cliff without any dark magic even being involved.

Edited by Alastor15243

4 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Setting aside the fact that "some things are just destiny" is a massive cop-out in time travel stories, just because "some things" are "just destiny" doesn't explain this, because how could Byleth know which things are and aren't destiny?

Hide contents

Even assuming that, the second the curse starts warming up and black clouds appear, it magically locks Byleth's time powers, that doesn't change the fact that he didn't even try and fail. And there's no excuse for when Byleth falls off a cliff without any dark magic even being involved.

That's something the person the ability came from said. It's an actual limitation on the ability. Why they didn't write Byleth using it every 5 minutes and failing. I don't know maybe they just thought that get repetitive and boring to watch.

4 minutes ago, Julian Solo said:

That's something the person the ability came from said. It's an actual limitation on the ability. Why they didn't write Byleth using it every 5 minutes and failing. I don't know maybe they just thought that get repetitive and boring to watch.

Or maybe they thought "this is just destiny" would sound dumber and dumber the more times they called attention to how many times they need to use that excuse to make anything bad happen to their protagonist because they made them too strong. Especially since there are no rules for what destiny even is so it's just "your powers stop working because the plot demands it."

Edited by Alastor15243

6 hours ago, Yexin said:

i mean, this is still an IntSys game, not a Koei Tecmo's one

i doubt KT has the power to add more DLC contents if IntSys doesn't want it

So I did some research last night and conclude that chance got get wave 2 is quite high

Looking at three previous FE games and their DLC, all the costs are excluding base game

- Awakening had 8 DLC set and one additional map, total map count was 25, and costs $50 buying all

- Fates due to it's structure, you would have to buy two other path at $20 each besides two sets of DLC to get all the contents, total costs is $85 with 78 levels

- SoV you can just buy one big pass in the end, 22 levels for $45

So far Three Houses only has one DLC set of $25.

Looking at previous record and practice from IniSys, later DLC seems likely even if Koei doesn't get to say.

8 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Looking at previous record and practice from IniSys, later DLC seems likely even if Koei doesn't get to say.

Good point. Then again, this game is unusual for the series in a great many ways, so I don't feel confident in making any bets.

I like to think there's restrictions in turnwheel, it's not like the protagonists can mess with time whenever they want, pretty much like Butterfly effect. 

That said, I don't think it fits Genealogy of Holy War and Thracia, they will need to find another mechanic that fits the lore 

Edited by Mylady

58 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

So I did some research last night and conclude that chance got get wave 2 is quite high

Looking at three previous FE games and their DLC, all the costs are excluding base game

- Awakening had 8 DLC set and one additional map, total map count was 25, and costs $50 buying all

- Fates due to it's structure, you would have to buy two other path at $20 each besides two sets of DLC to get all the contents, total costs is $85 with 78 levels

- SoV you can just buy one big pass in the end, 22 levels for $45

well i never denied the chance, but this is an interesting analysis nevertheless

also i hate people who shit on echoes' dlc because "tHeY cOsT mOrE tHaN tHe BaSe GaMe" then conveniently forget about awakening and fates

Edited by Yexin

4 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

They aren't gonna remake FE5 before FE4. While the opening crawl of FE5 does explain what's going on and it isn't too hard to follow the plot, you'll get more mileage out of it if you played FE4 before it

Which is why I said curveball

39 minutes ago, Yexin said:

well i never denied the chance, but this is an interesting analysis nevertheless

also i hate people who shit on echoes' dlc because "tHeY cOsT mOrE tHaN tHe BaSe GaMe" then conveniently forget about awakening and fates

I think they shat on it because it was much more anemic than Fates and Awakening's, spreading out very little content across a lot of DLC. The overclasses were split into $15 worth of DLC just to add a final promotion tier. When Awakening made you pay for the ability to transcend the game's traditional limits, you paid 3 dollars tops and got a map for it.

I would guess a Genealogy remake, but I think the second-most likely is a remaster of Tellius packaged together. Like keep the core of the game but touch up the graphics, add voice acting, add full supports to RD and whatever other writing they may want to flesh out, tweak the balance and QOL features, add the content that was missing from various regional releases (mostly PoR Maniac and RD's extended script, though I understand RD's western release also added some new stuff that could be put back into JP). They could charge full price for that and it would take less work than a new game or full remake.

Edited by kzer_za

15 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Thracia should never be blamed for it's poor sell figures though.

The greatest game ever made wouldn't have sold on the snes in 1999.

I'm not saying it's bad. It's my favorite game of all time. I say it was damned to be the worst seller, because IS released it in 1999, selling it exclusively at a single type of store, the only trailer it got was about that convience store, and it only got mentioned at the end. 

Ok i have read all the replies and Ik the reply is short but I am pretty sure its either going to be a spin-off or a remake (releasing in 2021).  I agree with many that they are going to find some way to reuse some stuff from the three houses engine soo if it is a spin-off its probably going to be set somewhere in the fodlan setting (cashing off of 3h hype and engine) what its going to be about could be entirely up to you but I am a particular fan of the idea of an Edelgard vs Agarthian dungeon crawler (basically free money IntSys imo).

The other idea for a remake could be tying up loose ends for certain characters stories (like elibean nights) but the only problem with that idea is that.

1) it could annoy fans who want a specific ending, eg I imagine if F byleth isn't married to dimitri it would annoy a lot of ppl

2) it could annoy ppl who don't want canon pairings and or ending, a bad ending could lead to a fan outrage.

in order to solve this, they could just say that each character story is in a different timeline, but that just removes the point of making follow up stories.

anyway thats my idea for a 3h spin-off tell me what you guys think about it and i will make my ideas for a remake tmmrw, (if this thread hasnt died then i will make 2 new threads for this topic) im going to play some immortal sword now 😄

2 hours ago, issysito said:

Ok i have read all the replies and Ik the reply is short but I am pretty sure its either going to be a spin-off or a remake (releasing in 2021).  I agree with many that they are going to find some way to reuse some stuff from the three houses engine soo if it is a spin-off its probably going to be set somewhere in the fodlan setting (cashing off of 3h hype and engine) what its going to be about could be entirely up to you but I am a particular fan of the idea of an Edelgard vs Agarthian dungeon crawler (basically free money IntSys imo).

The other idea for a remake could be tying up loose ends for certain characters stories (like elibean nights) but the only problem with that idea is that.

1) it could annoy fans who want a specific ending, eg I imagine if F byleth isn't married to dimitri it would annoy a lot of ppl

2) it could annoy ppl who don't want canon pairings and or ending, a bad ending could lead to a fan outrage.

in order to solve this, they could just say that each character story is in a different timeline, but that just removes the point of making follow up stories.

anyway thats my idea for a 3h spin-off tell me what you guys think about it and i will make my ideas for a remake tmmrw, (if this thread hasnt died then i will make 2 new threads for this topic) im going to play some immortal sword now 😄

I think most of the stuff that would be featured in a 3 houses spin off will be delegated to DLC. The game has strong world building, so I don't see them making a full prequel game, but rather prequel DLC like SoV and BS:FE. Multiple paths in this game make a sequel almost impossible unless they add a new happy ending path, and even then, I can't see a sequel being made for this game since one of the main appeals of this game  is seeing the characters become adults and mature, which wouldn't be as big of a factor in a sequel.

A tharacia style-game that takes place between the 5 year timeskip with some liberties in story-telling is plausible, but I don't think they'll go through with it. Most likely, we will get an enhanced rerelease like Persona 5 Royal or Pokemon USUM.

Do bear in mind that the reason they decided to do Echoes was because they needed to work on something because the Switch wasn't ready for developers to work on just yet.

Hitoshi Yamagami (Fire Emblem series producer, Nintendo EPD Group No. 1): After the completion of Fire Emblem: Fates (from now on, just Fates)’s development, I started thinking of a game for the Nintendo Switch. However, it was still too early to begin development of titles for that system. While thinking of what to do, several people from Intelligent Systems approached me saying: “There are many things we could not do in Fates [that we wish we could have]. We wish to implement them in a remake for Gaiden.” Gaiden had not been featured much up until now, and I figured if we got started on development at that time, we would be able to release the game before the new Nintendo Switch would come out. So, we began development.

8 hours ago, Rose482 said:

Either a new original game or a FE6 remake. 

I know a lot of people want it, but I can see IS just never remaking FE4. 

Elaborate. Three Houses took several cues from FE4 , I think it's reasonable to expect an FE4 remake in the future

8 hours ago, Rose482 said:

Either a new original game or a FE6 remake. 

I know a lot of people want it, but I can see IS just never remaking FE4. 

Not sure what kind of logic is that, Gaiden was way more obscure and outdated but was remade

2 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Elaborate. Three Houses took several cues from FE4 , I think it's reasonable to expect an FE4 remake in the future

2 hours ago, Mylady said:

Not sure what kind of logic is that, Gaiden was way more obscure and outdated but was remade

Um, maybe the fact it would be a mess to make a remake of? Like even if you ignored how incest plays a bit too much of a big role in the story for games these days, having a game with only 12 big maps might be something which IS isn't interested in doing again? Or at least they surely never went that route in any other mainline game. I think just taking one look at how the format of the newer games work when it comes to chapters would make you see the problem here. I just don't see how you would be able to go on side missions and stuff like that with how FE4 works.

And also a game taking cues from another game doesn't mean anything becasue it happens all the time. 

28 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

Um, maybe the fact it would be a mess to make a remake of? Like even if you ignored how incest plays a bit too much of a big role in the story for games these days, having a game with only 12 big maps might be something which IS isn't interested in doing again? Or at least they surely never went that route in any other mainline game. I think just taking one look at how the format of the newer games work when it comes to chapters would make you see the problem here. I just don't see how you would be able to go on side missions and stuff like that with how FE4 works.

And also a game taking cues from another game doesn't mean anything becasue it happens all the time. 

Oh screw off! Let us hope that an FE4 remake is in the future goddammit!