What fe game do you think will release after 3h finishes its dlc

issysito

What fe game do you think will release after 3h finishes its dlc  

85 members have voted

1. 1. what game do you think will be developed on next?

• Fe4 remake
    • fe6 remake
    • spin off game
    • New original game
    • 3h remake
    • other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/13/2019 at 09:10 PM

2 hours ago, Rose482 said:

Um, maybe the fact it would be a mess to make a remake of? Like even if you ignored how incest plays a bit too much of a big role in the story for games these days, having a game with only 12 big maps might be something which IS isn't interested in doing again? Or at least they surely never went that route in any other mainline game. I think just taking one look at how the format of the newer games work when it comes to chapters would make you see the problem here. I just don't see how you would be able to go on side missions and stuff like that with how FE4 works.

And also a game taking cues from another game doesn't mean anything becasue it happens all the time. 

Agree that the maps are bad and outdated but remakes are to fix this kind of stuff. Adding paralogues/side chapters with interesting maps are the easiest way to go but lots of other things could be done to fix this problem. Incest was always in Fire Emblem to the point of being a meme, so this is not an issue at all. 

Edited by Mylady

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Rose482 said:

Um, maybe the fact it would be a mess to make a remake of? Like even if you ignored how incest plays a bit too much of a big role in the story for games these days, having a game with only 12 big maps might be something which IS isn't interested in doing again? Or at least they surely never went that route in any other mainline game. I think just taking one look at how the format of the newer games work when it comes to chapters would make you see the problem here. I just don't see how you would be able to go on side missions and stuff like that with how FE4 works.

And also a game taking cues from another game doesn't mean anything becasue it happens all the time. 

Intelligent Systems has shown plenty of willingness to take risks and experiment with FE; "it's not the way FE does things" doesn't mean much when they break various series conventions regularly (third-person explorable areas, for example, weren't a thing in modern FE until recently). It's to Fire Emblem's credit that the series is not set in stone and shakes things up. Radiant Dawn, Fates, and Three Houses all made their own big departures from the conventional FE chapter structure that the series hadn't done before.

I think they could figure out a way to polish some of the game's oddities and jank, maybe even add small-map interludes, without just abandoning large maps.

Incest is generally depicted as villainous in FE4. It's also in Game of Thrones, one of the biggest media franchises around. But certainly IS should avoid connecting this part of the plot with some of their fanservice tendencies.

They also remade Gaiden, which was even more a departure from series norms than Genealogy and far less regarded.

Edited by kzer_za

Just now finding this topic. I think that if we are going to get a new mainline game soon, it will be either a Genealogy remake in 2021 when the original game turns 25 years old or a Binding Blade remake in 2022 for BB's 20th anniversary. Shadows of Valentia released in 2017, 25 years after the original Gaiden, which is what I'm basing this off of. Then again, Shadow Dragon's release doesn't necessarily correspond to FE1's release 18 years prior, so maybe I'm off the mark here and it's just a coincidence.

I think if we do get a Genealogy remake, we won't have a BB remake until 2027 when FE6 turns 25 years old. I would actually love another Warriors game with a more varied roster in the meantime, but I'll honestly be interested in whatever they release. FE is in a good place right now, and I never would have expected Three Houses, so for the time being I'm going to just bide my time with that while I see what they have in store.