Should I load a save file to get the "second playthrough" content for my first playthrough?

kzer_za

I recently (finally!) got a copy of Radiant Dawn and will be playing it for the first time. I am aware that it has some additional story content for a second playthrough. What I'm wondering is, how important is the content? Did they lock out things that are actually important to fleshing out the plot, or is it more extra bonus Hector mode-type stuff that makes sense for people who have already gone through it? I am already spoiled on the two extra recruitable characters BTW, and I know there's some extras involving Soren...how much is there beyond that?

I want to be able to enjoy story fully on my first playthrough, since any replays probably won't be right away. So I am wondering whether it is worth downloading a save and basing my new game off that one to see the extras. I am planning to play on Normal/JP hard by the way.

Edited by kzer_za

It is just filler for the most part it fills in some questions, but it won't effect your enjoyment if you do your first playthrough without it.  If you don't want to replay the game then download a save file and use a guide for unlocking everything because there are certain requirements other then just a second playthrough to unlock everything.  If you do plan on playing the game more then once just do your first playthrough as a first playthrough.