Does anyone might figure out why some classes from Archanea and Valentia were absent in Awakening?

King Marth 64

I was thinking of this for a while. Since Ylisse and Valm are the future continent of Archanea and Valentia, I do noticed while playing Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia had some classes were completely absent in Awakening. I do know that Awakening doesn't use Third Tier class promotions since Valentia had them and this game does travel to Valm. I think the Third Tier class promotions were absent because Awakening uses the Class Branch Promotion. To my knowledge that I do know that Dread Fighter and Bow Knight were the only recurring classes in Awakening that were formerly Third Tiers to become as DLC for Dread Fighter and 2nd Promotion for Archer and Mercenary class. Does anyone know kinda wondered why some of these classes from Archanea and Valm where completely absent in Awakening? I do know that some games like Judgral, Elibe, and Tellius usually keep the classes that appeared in the first part later returned in the second part.

I did seen some classes from Archanea were absent in Awakening were:

• Hunter -> Horseman (I definitely do know that Horseman class were definitely replaced by Bow Knight class since you need an archer riding a horse)
  • Bishop (I definitely know that they were replaced by War Monks and War Clerics)
  • Pirates
  • Ballitician (But, we do know they did comeback in Fates)
  • Freelancer (I definitely do know Freelancer is Xane's Exclusive Class since Xane is no where to be seen in Awakening)
  • Rest of the Manakete classes except Divine Dragon and what Nowi's and Nah's Manakete as far as we know of (I think they might have been killed off sometime between Marth's/Alm's and Chrom's timeline)
  • Emperor

I did seen some classes from Valentia were absent in Awakening nor in seen in Valm as well:

• Fighter (not the Axe version of Fighter)
  • Priestess
  • Princess
  • Rest of the Third Tier class except Dread Fighter and Bow Knight
  • Brigand
  • Arcanist (We don't know if they have relationships with Sorcerer class) -> Cantor
  • Witch (We definitely know Duma was the one used Women in Valentia to become Witches, but they did made comeback in Fates)
  • Rest of the Monster classes except Revenants and Emtombeds
Edited by King Marth 64

When it comes to magic I always assumed that as the continents started interacted more that Valentia took over Archenean magic because they considered it a better form of magic. It allows them to cast magic without sacrificing life force so that's a bit of a bonus. 

Valentian dark magic seems tied to Duma so with him being dead the magic could have died with him.

Does anyone know why? Yes, I do, because they're completely different games. If you want an inuniverse explanation, a thousand years have passed. How people fight is naturally going to be different ("Pair up? What's that?" Marth says).

Probably because the dev's didn't think they were necessary to the game.

It was probably more worthwhile to add in new classes over older ones who already had a superior version in the same game, like archer > hunter.

well there's a 1000 years gap between SD and awakening, i guess something can change in such a long period of time

Edited by Yexin

Bishop went out of style with Sages filling their role and the advent of Troubadours and Valkyries cemented it. Pirates merged with Brigands to become Barbarians. Terrors were probably hunted to extinction.

8 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

I did seen some classes from Archanea were absent in Awakening were:

• Pirates
  • Ballitician (But, we do know they did comeback in Fates)
  • Freelancer (I definitely do know Freelancer is Xane's Exclusive Class since Xane is no where to be seen in Awakening)
  • Rest of the Manakete classes except Divine Dragon and what Nowi's and Nah's Manakete as far as we know of (I think they might have been killed off sometime between Marth's/Alm's and Chrom's timeline)
  • Emperor
  • Barely any actual maps with traversable waters; either they're rivers or you're on ships well above the water.  There were a few maps with a shoreline, but the sea part of them are barely even factors
  • Probably technological regression - it's noted in Awakening that Grima returns every millennia to wreak havoc upon the world, and there's also the theory that magic negates the need for technological advances (the need for ballistae is negated in Awakening by siege tomes)
  • Xane presumably disappeared, and with him the knowledge of shapeshifting
  • At the very least, the earth dragons were all sealed away by Marth when he completed the Shield of Flames and struck down Medeus; it seems most other non-divine dragons went insane or resigned themselves to lives in their human forms (in the Archanea games, the only dragons you meet from the other tribes are feral), although Bantu seems to still be around since Nowi seems to make a reference to meeting him
  • Marth essentially dismantled the Archanean Empire, reforming it into the United Kingdom of Archanea; presumably there hasn't been an emperor since Hardin
  • Fighter (not the Axe version of Fighter)
  • Priestess
  • Princess
  • Rest of the Third Tier class except Dread Fighter and Bow Knight
  • Brigand
  • Arcanist (We don't know if they have relationships with Sorcerer class) -> Cantor
  • Witch (We definitely know Duma was the one used Women in Valentia to become Witches, but they did made comeback in Fates)
  • Rest of the Monster classes except Revenants and Emtombeds
  • Semantics; basically a lord without knowing he's actually a lord
  • The faith of Mila and Duma seemed to have been forgotten, or else merged with the Archanean faith in Naga (since Tiki sleeps in the Mila Tree, where Mila and Duma are buried)
  • I guess Say'ri's not a real princess?
  • None are as legendary as Zeke and Mycen... probably; also, Baron's just another term for "General"
  • Do barbarians count as brigands?
  • Duma gone, they ain't around anymore
  • Read the above line
  • The monsters seemed to have been associated with the influence of Mila and Duma in Valentia; I don't know if it's properly explained ever, but I'd assume the monsters all disappeared after Alm put the dragon gods six feet under

Long story short, lot of shit changes within a thousand years.  Hell, a number of these things changed just within the span of the preceding games.

4 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:
  • Barely any actual maps with traversable waters; either they're rivers or you're on ships well above the water.  There were a few maps with a shoreline, but the sea part of them are barely even factors
  • Probably technological regression - it's noted in Awakening that Grima returns every millennia to wreak havoc upon the world, and there's also the theory that magic negates the need for technological advances (the need for ballistae is negated in Awakening by siege tomes)
  • Xane presumably disappeared, and with him the knowledge of shapeshifting
  • At the very least, the earth dragons were all sealed away by Marth when he completed the Shield of Flames and struck down Medeus; it seems most other non-divine dragons went insane or resigned themselves to lives in their human forms (in the Archanea games, the only dragons you meet from the other tribes are feral), although Bantu seems to still be around since Nowi seems to make a reference to meeting him
  • Marth essentially dismantled the Archanean Empire, reforming it into the United Kingdom of Archanea; presumably there hasn't been an emperor since Hardin
  • Semantics; basically a lord without knowing he's actually a lord
  • The faith of Mila and Duma seemed to have been forgotten, or else merged with the Archanean faith in Naga (since Tiki sleeps in the Mila Tree, where Mila and Duma are buried)
  • None are as legendary as Zeke and Mycen... probably; also, Baron's just another term for "General"
  • Do barbarians count as brigands?
  • Duma gone, they ain't around anymore
  • Read the above line
  • The monsters seemed to have been associated with the influence of Mila and Duma in Valentia; I don't know if it's properly explained ever, but I'd assume the monsters all disappeared after Alm put the dragon gods six feet under

Long story short, lot of shit changes within a thousand years.  Hell, a number of these things changed just within the span of the preceding games.

Pheros refers to Mila actually. Well she says the Earth Mother, who we assume is Mila. But it is a distinct god from Naga (as Pheros says she worshiped both of them).

Edited by Jotari

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Pheros refers to Mila actually. Well she says the Earth Mother, who we assume is Mila. But it is a distinct god from Naga (as Pheros says she worshiped both of them).

Yeah, I had to look up that name because I have absolutely no memory of Pheros.  The Valm arc kinda buried her under more notable characters, like Mister Big-Lips-Strategist, Moustache dude, or Mister Obligatory Camus, not to mention Walhart himself.  The Valm arc was overall the least memorable part of Awakening, I remember the Gangrel and Validar arcs much more vividly.  I remember that random-ass green robed dude (the Hierarch) who betrays Emmeryn and then gets axed by the boss of his debut chapter more than I remember Pheros.

I still think the faith in Mila is a bit faded, since the faith seems to hinge more on Tiki's influence than Mila's.

Regarding Ballisticians, I remember it was stated somewhere (Beck's supports with Kris, I think; or was it Jake's? I do remember it was either of them explaining why they were no longer using a ballista) that the machines needed the fuel made from a rare type of fruit. Said fruit went extinct during the War of Shadows, hence why in the War of Heroes they're no longer mobile. Then, I guess they were phased out, since an alternative fuel couldn't be made, or siege tomes were more practical. So at least, there's a reason why you don't see ballisticians anymore by Chrom's time.

3 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Technically, not all royal characters can be in the royal classes. Like Rudolf, Lewyn, Joshua, Nohr siblings, Hoshido siblings, Berkut, Conrad, and Petra did use the regular classes and they are royals as well. Yen'fay is a king of Chon'sin and he does use the Swordmaster class.

Generals and Barons did coexist in the Judgral games. Barons are completely separate since Barons are more Third Tiers in Gaiden/Echoes: Shadows of Valentia while Generals are more used for Second Tiers.

Edited by King Marth 64

Generals and Barons did coexist in the Judgral games. Barons are completely separate since Barons are more Third Tiers in Gaiden/Echoes: Shadows of Valentia while Generals are more used for Second Tiers.

Yet "knight" was a second tier class in Gaiden/SoV.

Also Barons in Jugdral do not equate to Barons in Valentia.  Jugdral Barons can use magic, and Valentian Barons only can wield lances.  Also, Baron in Valentia is the direct promotion from Knight, just like General is in most other games.