Bound Hero Battle: Battle of Eagle and Lion

SatsumaFSoysoy

Keeping up with the Three Houses content, we have a new Bound Hero Battle.

Map

Hard & Lunatic

Spoiler

MOYE2wx.jpg

Infernal

Spoiler

W5B7qpD.jpg

Infernal Enemy Data

Tibarn

Spoiler

HP: 66
Atk: 59
Spd: 34
Def: 37
Res: 20

Weapon: Hawk King's Claw
Assist: 
Special: Draconic Aura

A: Sturdy Impact
B: Chill Atk 3
C : Even Atk Wave 3
S: 

Caineghis

Spoiler

HP: 75
Atk: 58
Spd: 26
Def: 40
Res: 33

Weapon: Lion King Fang
Assist: Pivot
Special: Bonfire

A: Distant Def 4
B: Vengeful Fighter 3
C : Distant Guard 3
S: 

Blue Fafnir

Spoiler

HP: 54
Atk: 47
Spd: 39
Def: 35
Res: 30

Weapon: Flametongue+
Assist: 
Special: Vengeance

A: Death Blow 3
B: Flier Formation 3
C : Ground Orders 3
S: 

Red Mage

Spoiler

HP: 52
Atk: 46
Spd: 35
Def: 22
Res: 31

Weapon: Rauðrfox+
Assist: 
Special: Moonbow

A: Atk/Res Solo 3
B: Guard 3
C : Savage Blow 3
S: 

Green Fafnir

Spoiler

HP: 54
Atk: 43
Spd: 39
Def: 35
Res: 30

Weapon: Lightning Breath+
Assist: Reposition
Special: Growing Thunder

A: Triangle Adept 3
B: Spd/Def Link 3
C : Atk Smoke 3
S: 

Troubadour

Spoiler

HP: 41
Atk: 49
Spd: 23
Def: 22
Res: 45

Weapon: Panic+ [Wrathful]
Assist: Physic+
Special: Fireflood Balm+

A: Atk 3
B: Dull Ranged 3
C : Odd Atk Wave 3
S: 

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This battle was too easy on all three levels. I used all three of my Reinhardts alongside legendary Eliwood. The only time I had to restart was when I didn't pay attention to the fact the troubadour had wrathful staff. Once I realized that, it was pretty easy.

@Alexmender @mcsilas @mampfoid @Zeo @LordFrigid @Landmaster @JSND Alter Dragon Boner

This was one of my favourite chapters in Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and I'm glad that they captured it really well in this game. I brought all the Three Houses characters I had (this is literally all I have unfortunately lol) to go with the theme.

Battle of Eagle and Lion lol , Three Houses content confirm !!

Not too hard, just pay attention to Tibarn movement after he transform should be fine.

@mcsilas @Zeo @mampfoid  @Landmaster 

I think my dagger emblem is starting to be one of my standard team. It's so easy and fun to use them. If there is some interesting colorless banner, I will pour my orbs and hunt for some copies of Sothe and Kaze to +10.

Kagero doesn't have business in this map so Shiro and Siegbert will steal all action lol.

Poor Kagero, she got chance to deploy 2 times but Kaze steal this show entirely lol. (I punish her for too good performance in past recent maps.)

Edited by Ginko

@SatsumaFSoysoy Seeing the topic name I considered using the same music track myself.  Anything to make use of 3H's amazing OST.  That being said the 3H characters work surprisingly well on this map given all the beasts/dragons for Ruptured Sky to rip through.  Edelgard's 邪魔しないで against Caineghis was pretty badass.

@Ginko Seeing people drop someone in the range of Tibarn always makes me a little nervous, but geez, taking 0 damage?  And then one-rounding Caineghis after. Shiro just doesn't care at all.  An inspirational performance by Kaze too -- makes me want to continue my own Kaze merge project.  One-rounding Caineghis at range was especially impressive.  I still stand by Splashy Bucket being a ridiculous weapon but I can't deny its effectiveness here. 

Getting an efficient clear for the Grannvale twins requires some unorthodox skill/seal choices, namely Flashing Blade on Julia so she can her special ready in time.  I've complained before about the lack of easily accessible Res Ploy fodder, and it actually comes in to play here.  Thankfully Mystic Boost isn't needed this time around so I can just run it in the seal slot.

Tibarn and Caineghis are both pretty powerfull units. I figured this would be a difficult map, but that doesn't really seem to be the case. The rest of the map isn't too stong and there are no reinforcements to worry about.

My Siegbert/Shiro/Boey/Mae team only needed some minor adjustments to be able to pretty comfortably beat round.
@mampfoid @Robert of Normandy @Landmaster @Nanima

I also tried my hand at a team consisting of some of my favourite emblem ladies. A bit more tricky, but still nothing I could't handle.

This is what happens when I am get bored and the map is easy:

Tibarn and Caineghis Vs. Infantry Team

Tibarn and Caineghis Vs. Saizo, the Fifth

Tibarn and Caineghis Vs. The Blade

Edited by Diovani Bressan

teeeheee. i understand this reference! 😉

Everyone's videos are so great. No video for me. 
I didn't even bother with a celica sweep video. i went with team flying:

Braveciah, Skylivia, Myrrh and Sumia (I got jealous of all the people getting her recently so i wanted to put her through her paces).
Braveciah (at neutral and even w/the double bonds) had trouble OHKOing the King, but with some clever planning she manager to do a lot of great work. it was an equal opportunity map which is my favourite. 

@SatsumaFSoysoy

But the Battle of the Eagle and Lion is at Gronder Field, not the Valley of Torment.

Nice Three Houses theme team! Close call on Byleth’s encounter with that Fafnir.

@mampfoid @Landmaster

This was an excellent battle for Tibarn to make his first appearance...

...and be denied the opportunity to take himself out.

He must learn the pecking order, after all.

2 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Seeing people drop someone in the range of Tibarn always makes me a little nervous, but geez, taking 0 damage?  And then one-rounding Caineghis after. Shiro just doesn't care at all.

Still, my Shiro can't handle dragon very well. Enemy phase lance doesn't get any good choice of weapon at all. Berkut's lance or Slaying lance cannot satisfy me at all. I want a built-in Guard on lance (like Halloween weapons) so he can shut Galeforce build in AR. Sacrifice QR for Guard on B slot hurt his performance. Close Def is his best seal too, I can't replace anything at all. Maybe Pulse Smoke or Time Pulse on C slot will improve his performance.

2 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

An inspirational performance by Kaze too -- makes me want to continue my own Kaze merge project.  One-rounding Caineghis at range was especially impressive.  I still stand by Splashy Bucket being a ridiculous weapon but I can't deny its effectiveness here. 

I forgot that Caineghis has Distant Def 4 so Even buff from Kagero do nothing here. Key to win are Ryoma's Drive, Sothe's Spur and Def Ploy from Kaze.

Splashy Bucket set him apart to another level. Tanking both magic and dragons at once is so damn useful. I have another offensive build for him too but I lack a final jigsaw fodder lol. It will be more fun than this current build ^^

Your sister and brother perform very well too. 2 dragons are just their snacks. Julius deal exactly damage on red mage is a coincidence? Tibarn eat Iceberg from Julia would be the most delicious meal.

Edited by Ginko

Reinhardt and Eir made this easy for me.  I was lazy and uses PM1's guide, because of RL problems.  I still love Reinhardt he has saved my bacon on more then one map.

@SatsumaFSoysoy That was pretty neat! GF Hilda is something that I never thought of but in hindsight it's so obviously great. CC Kronya is something I'm jealous of, that with me needing like 3~4 CC fodder while having 0. 

- - - -

I tried to use Kronya to clear this but without CC she became too much of a hassle to be worth it. Petra is an honorary GD member and the one that helped make this clear possible in the first place, Marianne was sick so her mom offered to take her place for the day.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Awesome work @Alexmender!

...and I'm ashamed to admit it wasn't until I saw this thread title that I realised this was another Three Houses reference. They even used a map that could fit both games!

I'm only joking, but I guess it's possible IS is doing it too, I guess.

Sorry I’m late, was a bit busy today so I held off on posting until I could watch everyone’s clears~

Don't know who invited this many beasts and dragons to the Battle of Eagle and Lion~

Not too difficult. Ishtar needed Brazen Atk/Def to have enough Atk to kill the Panic Troubadour (of all the Staves, OFC you have Panic). Dancing Is Everything needed Darting Stance to make the Pony hit Ishtar instead of him. Wanted to get Swordthardt a kill so we gave him WOM (he could have killed the Pony but I needed her alive so Mufasa would revert)~ That’s about it~

Comments time!

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Oooh, Galeforce Hilda. Nice 1 HP live on Byleth. Even better is he almost one shots in return. Edelgard tanking Mufasa is really impressive. Nice clear! Though how did Byleth recruit Hilda on Edelgard’s path?

@Ginko - LMAO, that complete one shot from Siegbert was amazing. He is defs enjoying that SS3. Azura getting in on the combat is fun, as well. Shiro always impresses, 0 damage from Mufasa is wild!

Kaze gets to shine with those fun buckets. He just Res tanks everyone and kills Mufasa. I was worried who was going to kill him and he’s just blown away. Totally awesome clear! Love seeing my by Kaze get to shine.

@DLNarshen - Nice music! Perfect map for the Res tank twins. The Dragons can’t do much of anything to them. Julius tanking Mufasa was quite the sight! Nice!

@Sasori - Nice to see Boey and Mae again. Shiro tanking a Manakete and Tibarn was really brave, not to mention Mufasa afterward. Boey ate up that Special. Rally Atk to get the final kill, great way to finish!

The girlies did just as well. Nothing can scratch Caeda’s Res. Tibarn is down before he even realizes what hit him. Sigurn able to tank on 1 HP was nice!

@Diovani Bressan -  Saizo the 5th Strikes is always the most fun (even though you CHEAT and use Eir to heal)~ But Infantry Team was cool, too because you somehow have fed your Nowi better than me and have Blue Flame LOL. Your Lucius is gr8 to see, too~ 96 damage Laev is WILDT LOL.

@daisy jane - Yaaayy Bravecaiah~ Has Bravemilla been out and about with FlySquad yet?

@LordFrigid - WOM 1 on Tibarn, the disrespect. Not as disrespectful as how easily Caeda dealt with Mufasa AND Tibarn by herself. Tibarn did well on his debut, didn’t expect him to kill a Blue Manakete with such ease~

@Alexmender - Marianne’s MOM, I DIE. Petra gets to flex that Hunting Blade on all these subhumans. Her Ground Orders was pretty useful, too. Byleth barely needed to step in for his students (and their mom) he should be proud~

10 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy That was pretty neat! GF Hilda is something that I never thought of but in hindsight it's so obviously great. CC Kronya is something I'm jealous of, that with me needing like 3~4 CC fodder while having 0. 

- - - -

I tried to use Kronya to clear this but without CC she became too much of a hassle to be worth it. Petra is an honorary GD member and the one that helped make this clear possible in the first place, Marianne was sick so her mom offered to take her place for the day.

Caineghis and Tibarn both got SLAPPED DOWN! Nice clear!

Infernal Tibarn & Caineghis in one turn: 

No time yesterday to post this, but I was out of ideas for a theme anyway. Wanted to do an all red clear, but that green TA dragon doesn't deal enough damage. Elincia giving the blue dragon a quad was a remnant of those (small) efforts. Also: Yarne's first appearance in an OTC. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

21 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

This was one of my favourite chapters in Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and I'm glad that they captured it really well in this game. I brought all the Three Houses characters I had (this is literally all I have unfortunately lol) to go with the theme.

I didn't play 3H yet, but I'm already looking forward to that chapter. ^^' 

Interesting choice in Windsweep for Byleth, totally forgot he could double thanks to his sword. He nearly gave the blue dragon a one-shot with his special, nice! 

GF for Hilda best choice. I'm considering Edegard as my next green GF unit though, but mine has similar awkward boon/bane combo as yours. Still one-rounding bulky Caineghis tough, great! 

21 hours ago, Ginko said:

I think my dagger emblem is starting to be one of my standard team. It's so easy and fun to use them. If there is some interesting colorless banner, I will pour my orbs and hunt for some copies of Sothe and Kaze to +10.

Good luck getting both to +10 soon! Kaze already got some cool skills and taking out Caineghis with a ranged physical unit is no small task, congrats! 

21 hours ago, Ginko said:

Kagero doesn't have business in this map so Shiro and Siegbert will steal all action lol.

At least she got a boss kill, not so bad. ;- )

17 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Getting an efficient clear for the Grannvale twins requires some unorthodox skill/seal choices, namely Flashing Blade on Julia so she can her special ready in time.  I've complained before about the lack of easily accessible Res Ploy fodder, and it actually comes in to play here.  Thankfully Mystic Boost isn't needed this time around so I can just run it in the seal slot.

First I thought you needed Iceberg for Caineghis, but I totally forgot about CC on Julius. No big deal for those two, nice! 

17 hours ago, Sasori said:

My Siegbert/Shiro/Boey/Mae team only needed some minor adjustments to be able to pretty comfortably beat round.

Funny how the blue dragon prefers to attack Shiro instead of Mae. Looking forward to see more of that GF Siegbert. 

17 hours ago, Sasori said:

I also tried my hand at a team consisting of some of my favourite emblem ladies. A bit more tricky, but still nothing I could't handle.

Oh, nice choice of ladies! Is it favorite emblem ladies, or favorite ladies emblem? 

17 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

This is what happens when I am get bored and the map is easy:

Did you have a 3H free weekend? 

Poor Owain. 

Saizo's clear was cool, best scar-face confirmed

No three-digit damage against the TA dragon with Laev? Tibarn one-shot and Caineghis PP one-rounded helped me over that shock. ;- )

15 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

He must learn the pecking order, after all.

Pecking ... lol. Of course Caeda is the boss birdy, taking out all bosses herself. Slightly jealous of your +ATK Tibarn. 

We have the same Reyson, will you make him GF? I'm not sure yet. Beasts need a better way to reduce CD, or we need a second HB seal. 

Raven nearly one-shot the healer, that's probably why he went with LnD2 this time. 

14 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Interesting tactic to keep Caineghis untransformed and attacking him with ranged Petra. (Forgot she has an effective weapon against beasts)

Many of you have merged Hildas, is she so great in 3H? 

7 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Don't know who invited this many beasts and dragons to the Battle of Eagle and Lion~

Sounds like someone should do a BH!Eliwood solo. 

Double ReinIsh! 

Red Ishtar is aweseome (got only 4 pity breakers and Reinhard from her banner), she makes even 4x4 quads look great. Didn't see her great damaged art until now, pretty cool. Congrats! 

@Landmaster Ohhh, taking down the beasts with complete elegance is quite the theme! Dancing Ishtar just went and nuked almost everything on the map without breaking a sweat. Then there's Reinhardt offering support until he good a chance to show his moves. What a nice performance! 

@mampfoid Really clean clear as always. I see you're enjoying Roy's new power, although I can see that in some cases you might revert to his old Blazing Durandal in case he needs to take enough damage for WoM shenanigans. Yarne was pretty cool too (although this kinda reminded me that I don't like his art, at all). 

As for Hilda, from what I played (completed GD and BE-E, am starting BL. All on hard) she has a kinda rough start. Just like her Heroes counterpart, Hilda favors axes but she is a little slow with them in the beginning so it's better to change her to fists while she starts gaining levels in Str/Spd. After that she starts tanking and destroying anything that doesn't use magic. And mid/late game if you make her a Wyvern rider/lord she just becomes a one woman army that can't be hit and nukes everything that dares look at her funny. 

Of course there's many other characters in 3H that can do the same things as her (some arguably better because they have better hit rates than Hilda) so it usually comes down to whether you like the character or not, for me I love Hilda so she's a guaranteed +10.