Bound Hero Battle: Battle of Eagle and Lion

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Landmaster Before clicking I thought it was going to be dancer Ishtar + all three Reinhardts. x)  Either way Julius did not like this clear one bit, but I did - especially how you managed to keep Caineghis untransformed to safely chip him away at range!  

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Yarne's first appearance in an OTC.

So much for him not being optimal for OTCs.  Glad it worked out, and nice to see Roy at his full power with that shiny refine!

7 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That was a great 1-turn clear, as always. Yarne looks to be a fun unit to use.

Thanks! Yarne is fun in TTs. 

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

Really clean clear as always. I see you're enjoying Roy's new power, although I can see that in some cases you might revert to his old Blazing Durandal in case he needs to take enough damage for WoM shenanigans. Yarne was pretty cool too (although this kinda reminded me that I don't like his art, at all). 

Thanks! Yeah, he can get pretty bulky, which is problematic sometimes in AR. 

You don't like Yarne's art? I like his sprite (the untransformed one), it's so cute when he is flexing. 

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

Of course there's many other characters in 3H that can do the same things as her (some arguably better because they have better hit rates than Hilda) so it usually comes down to whether you like the character or not, for me I love Hilda so she's a guaranteed +10

Guess I'll have to find out one day in 3H and keep my sole Hilda copy until then. Good luck getting the missing copies!

27 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

So much for him not being optimal for OTCs.  Glad it worked out, and nice to see Roy at his full power with that shiny refine!

Well, Yarne wasn't optimal. He needed Velourias CD reduction, but I may use him again. Effective damage is useful. 

Roy survived hits if both Kings thanks to his refine, yeah. 

Me: I wonder if Celica can handle Mufasa?
Celica: Let's go!

The Scene: Fire Map. 
The Crew: Celica, Skylivia, Airzura, LAzura 
Skills: Celica: standard Fury-Desperation-Savage Blow (really kinda wanna give her res smoke or something) - Lunatic Brazen Atk Spd 3, Infernal, Flashing Blade 3). Livvy: Guidance C, Chill Spd SS, Airzura, Hone Spd 2,, Chill Atk 3, and Airzura, with Torrent Dance 3/Hone Atk 3. 

Guidance is such a fun little skill (I need this on the rest of my flying dancers - I'm probably gonna harvest any and all future Ryomas.. this made the gaps possible for Celica to Traverse. The issue is of course, Mufasa's DD4/DC meaning that she needed to have Blazing wind fully charged. Lunatic was easy as pie, but infernal,took about two tries to figure out who to kill first to ensure that Celica was charged and ready to go. The Dance Crew was key in positioning and ensuring Celica was hone'd properly and none of them needed to take a hit or deal one out. 

(i really wish again that Lazura was a flying lance because this would make my life so much easier in challenges when you need an lance user. or that Nephenee had been the flying lance dancer teehee). 

this map is actually really fun. 

@Alexmender Petra made the two most challenging enemies look like the easiest. Nice theme clear! I like how Rinea hums when you select her. 

@mampfoid It’s nice to see Yarne’s debut! He fits in nicely. Roy’s refine is looking very nice! Even Caineghis didn’t give him any trouble. 

So we’ve got two clears this time: my standard team and a for fun semi-solo clear. 

I was always disappointed that I hadn’t been able to let Marisa enemy phase Naesala during his runs, but I guess Tibarn is the next best thing. Swift Sparrow 3 has been an excellent addition to my speedy Micaiah!

I usually save my flier team for Abyssals since emblem teams are so strong, but I was messing around with them and found that Brave Micaiah was capable taking everyone out herself. She’s really been everything I ever wanted out of her Brave version and it’s so nice after Celica ended up being another infantry sword unit. 

33 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

@mampfoid It’s nice to see Yarne’s debut! He fits in nicely. Roy’s refine is looking very nice! Even Caineghis didn’t give him any trouble. 

To be fair, Roy needed to apply DEF smoke on Caineghis first. 

34 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

I was always disappointed that I hadn’t been able to let Marisa enemy phase Naesala during his runs, but I guess Tibarn is the next best thing. Swift Sparrow 3 has been an excellent addition to my speedy Micaiah!

Oh wow, premium fodder for the prime ladies. Tibarn got a fat Ignis in his face, Micaiah and Celica nuked the rest. Cherche had a relaxed afternoon. 

1 hour ago, kirauza343 said:

I usually save my flier team for Abyssals since emblem teams are so strong, but I was messing around with them and found that Brave Micaiah was capable taking everyone out herself. She’s really been everything I ever wanted out of her Brave version and it’s so nice after Celica ended up being another infantry sword unit. 

Brave Micaiah is pretty cool, nice idea to let her loose on this map. Exact 100% kill against the red mage, the rest was clean-up (sorry beast-kings). 

Congrats! 

@mampfoid Nice to see Yarne's first one turn clear, and against a beast BHB, too! Roy's refine is also so fun to see- who cares about Vengeful Fighter?

@Diovani Bressan Nice Saizo focus! CC+Vantage is pretty awesome to watch, nice to see him getting that damage out before the enemy attacks. Similarly, Laevatein's DC Vantage is such a nasty combo, I'ms sure she felt right at home in the lava map (W!Eirika made a nice partner for her). Blue Flame + Water Breath Nowi is an interesting approach, but dang she's tanky and is great with Marth support. Marth was eating the dragons up quickly, too.

@DLNarshen Loved seeing dragon tomes eat the flying dragons in the map. Very satisfying to see Julia doubling Tibarn, Flashing Blade sure was an interesting choice that worked. Juliu's CC was perfect for Caineghis, since attacking him with ranged attacks is kind of annoying. 

@Ginko Siegbert and Shiro show their nice synergy once again. Siegbert's mobility really helped since the map is kind of annoying for melee units with limited movement. Shiro tanked the dragon really well, then flexed his walling powers against Tibarn. Also love Kaze getting the spotlight! Buckets are perfect to cool the dragons off in this map. Sothe had a nice supporting role to give Kaze just a little more damage against that bulky lion king.

@Landmaster I was caught off guard when one of the dancers were danced but hey, the Jugdral dancers are offensive beasts. Their flying status made the map a breeze. Nice use of making Caineghis revert by keeping the healer alive, but yeah that guy is really beefy when against ranged units so I don't blame you for using dancers haha

@Alexmender Marianne in Feh when? Gosh Petra sure demolished the beasts, I hope she randomly pops up in a summon for me. Sadly I don't have enough 3H units to make a 3H clear and use the awesome 3H music yet haha (unless I promote Death Knight which isn't a priority.) One of my fave tracks, too! Hilda in action is always fun to see, her flexibility in offense and support is great (although I fell into the trap of making her an armour knight in my GD run. She tanked for days though.)

@SatsumaFSoysoy Ah yes, a very dramatic 3H chapter indeed. I'm surprised the beast bosses her don't occupy 4 squares. GF Hilda look's so fun to use, it never occurred to me to use that special. Byleth sure flexed that Rupture Sky here, although I do think Rend Heaven sounded better as a name. Loved JP Edelgard's special line!

@Zeo @daisy jane @NegativeExponents-

Team is +Spd/-Def Tibarn, +Atk/-HP Caineghis, neutral Nailah and neutral Naesala

Music is King of the Sky from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

- So since I managed to get all the royals, here is an obligatory Laguz Royal clear. Tibarn needed Atk Tactic buff from Naesala to quickly deal with Caineghis before he could be annoying (with just the right amount of damage, too). Hit and Run was important so he could escape from the enemy Tibarn (thanks to Naesala's Repo..still can't decide on his special all this time hah).

- Caineghis showcases his bulk thanks to Nailah's Res Tactic, while Nailah gets to bare her fangs against the enemy Tibarn (revenge for not being in the BHB banner?). The royals actually make a really nice tactics team and are a force to be reckoned with.

---

Speaking of beasts, here is a team of 3DS Kid Beasts (and a kid dragon). Ironically this team usually use stones in their respective games instead of the beast transformation mechanic in heroes.

Team is +HP/-Atk Yarne, neutral Selkie, +Def/-HP Velouria and neutral Male Kana

Music is Come Up Smiling form the King of Fighters 2000

- @SatsumaFSoysoy's Three House reference inspired to me to give house accessories to the Fates beast. Selkie is on team Blue Lions while Velouria has the Black Eagles accessory to match her red hood. Well you kind of don't see it for too long since they transform immediately here.

- Selkie is just a beast in Res, especially after getting her Res wave and Brazen Atk/Res up. She can go toe to toe with the dragons, even the green TA one. Also kind of funny to see her against the red fox tome mage.

- Kana on the other hand is in a physical defense role in contrast to Selkie, tanking both beast kings with no problem. Not even Tibarn's Sturdy Impact protected him from Kana.

- Was expecting to use the Velouria +Yarne cooldown combo more but there were a lot of Res-hitting opponents here, so maybe the shenanigans will be more prominent another time. At least Yarne's extra move helps sniping the healer.

---

Team is +Spd/-Def Hot Springs Hinoka, +Def 4* +10 Oboro, +Spd/-Res Saizo and neutral Kaze.

Music is The Crow from Samurai Shodown 2019

-So the lava map kind of reminded me of the lava chapters in Rev/Birthright with lava so here have a Hoshidan clear.

-Buckets are the perfect weapon for fighting in lava it seems. HS!Hinoka just laughs at the Fafnirs, although she needed Chill Spd support to one-round the Lightning Breath dragon. The ninja twins do Draw Back duty to keep the princess safe.

-Oboro was 4* +10ed way early in the game, but it's good she still holds her own (I don't see too much of her). She tanked Tibarn like a boss and laughs at Caineghis thanks to her effective weapon. Dagger debuffs help from the ninja twins also help.

Have a couple more ideas for themes but that will have to wait in the weekend when I train some new units up.

On 9/16/2019 at 10:50 AM, mampfoid said:

Infernal Tibarn & Caineghis in one turn: 

Funny how the blue dragon prefers to attack Shiro instead of Mae. Looking forward to see more of that GF Siegbert. 

Oh, nice choice of ladies! Is it favorite emblem ladies, or favorite ladies emblem? 

Oh neat. Broy is rocking that refine. Reminds me that I still need to dew him.

And Siegbert is on my list for merges. It probably won't happen ever since he is 5 star exclusives of course.

On 9/16/2019 at 3:04 AM, Landmaster said:

Sorry I’m late, was a bit busy today so I held off on posting until I could watch everyone’s clears~

@Sasori - Nice to see Boey and Mae again. Shiro tanking a Manakete and Tibarn was really brave, not to mention Mufasa afterward. Boey ate up that Special. Rally Atk to get the final kill, great way to finish!

Jullius dislikes this team :) Cool to see all these mages break through the mage tanky lion king and troubadour.

And Sigrun tanking Cainghis was a neat little surprise. Still dunno why the Manakete attacked Shiro though. Rally attack was a last minute addition to secure the kill. Even Raigh fodder can come in handy at times.

This is too hard. Should've been easier imo. The other recent BHBs and GHBs weren't so bad. Why couldn't this one be like them?

EDIT: FINALLY cleared it with a team of female Robin, legendary Marth, Brave Eliwood, and legendary Azura. I told people Brave Eliwood would be great to have against teams full of dragons and beasts, and he made short work of both Caineghis and Tibarn. He's the only reason I could win this stupid map.

Edited by Anacybele

On 9/17/2019 at 11:07 AM, mcsilas said:

- So since I managed to get all the royals, here is an obligatory Laguz Royal clear. Tibarn needed Atk Tactic buff from Naesala to quickly deal with Caineghis before he could be annoying (with just the right amount of damage, too). Hit and Run was important so he could escape from the enemy Tibarn (thanks to Naesala's Repo..still can't decide on his special all this time hah).

Looks like Nailah got to claim Tibarn's beak as a trophy just as she promised. o:

Caineghis tanking the left side kind of reminded me of the that one Tactic Drills that featured him.

Speaking of beasts, here is a team of 3DS Kid Beasts (and a kid dragon). Ironically this team usually use stones in their respective games instead of the beast transformation mechanic in heroes.

Damn, she's barely even getting scratched by the green TA guy.  Her Res is so deceptively high, she's one of characters I hate having to fight most.  Now if only my own didn't have a Res bane

-Oboro was 4* +10ed way early in the game, but it's good she still holds her own (I don't see too much of her). She tanked Tibarn like a boss and laughs at Caineghis thanks to her effective weapon. Dagger debuffs help from the ninja twins also help.

4 or 5*, Oboro pulls it all together.  Nice of her to snag both the Tibarn and Caineghis kills!  

We got some units I'd like to pull to fight.

Hard cleared with low HM units, Lunatic cleared with Julia, Tailtiu, Azura and Tobin and Infernal cleared with Canas, Linus (finally +10/+10), Danckut and M!Robin.

Edited by Dayni

On 9/15/2019 at 7:16 AM, DLNarshen said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Seeing the topic name I considered using the same music track myself.  Anything to make use of 3H's amazing OST.  That being said the 3H characters work surprisingly well on this map given all the beasts/dragons for Ruptured Sky to rip through.  Edelgard's 邪魔しないで against Caineghis was pretty badass.

Yeah, I didn't expect Ruptured Sky to do so much damage, honestly, but it does. I love Edelgard's Japanese voice a lot.

I didn't expect your Julius to double that red mage at the start. And of course he's a tanky dude with all that debuffing. What's your policy on L!Julia when it comes to these?

On 9/15/2019 at 9:13 AM, LordFrigid said:

But the Battle of the Eagle and Lion is at Gronder Field, not the Valley of Torment.

Nice Three Houses theme team! Close call on Byleth’s encounter with that Fafnir.

close enough

Hilda's +4 Spd from Freikugel was the difference-maker for Byleth doubling Tibarn, and the Close Guard I put on her came in handy. I love Hilda.

Even the Hawk King has to bow to Queen Caeda?

On 9/16/2019 at 1:50 AM, mampfoid said:

I didn't play 3H yet, but I'm already looking forward to that chapter. ^^' 

Interesting choice in Windsweep for Byleth, totally forgot he could double thanks to his sword. He nearly gave the blue dragon a one-shot with his special, nice! 

GF for Hilda best choice. I'm considering Edegard as my next green GF unit though, but mine has similar awkward boon/bane combo as yours. Still one-rounding bulky Caineghis tough, great! 

Play it!

Yeah, Sword of the Creator is just broken. If you ever face an opponent with Guard or something, consider Galeforce Byleth!

GF is indeed strong. -Atk Edelgard is a shame, yeah...

On 9/15/2019 at 11:15 AM, Alexmender said:

That was pretty neat! GF Hilda is something that I never thought of but in hindsight it's so obviously great. CC Kronya is something I'm jealous of, that with me needing like 3~4 CC fodder while having 0. 

Hilda can do anything! I'll try to +10 Hilda too, eventually... Though, I'm content with one 5* exclusive +10 for now.

Pretty excellent use of Ground Orders. I haven't played with the Order skills that much yet, aside from during the CYL TT. Marianne's mom seems like a nice person! Hope you get the fodder you need soon.

On 9/15/2019 at 6:04 PM, Landmaster said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Oooh, Galeforce Hilda. Nice 1 HP live on Byleth. Even better is he almost one shots in return. Edelgard tanking Mufasa is really impressive. Nice clear! Though how did Byleth recruit Hilda on Edelgard’s path?

There's unused data for Hilda on the Crimson Flower route, so I merely patched my game

Playing the positioning game to make Caineghis un-transform was pretty smart. Ishtar is great and I'm glad I got one of her dancing alt, even if she's -Spd...

On 9/17/2019 at 8:07 AM, mcsilas said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Ah yes, a very dramatic 3H chapter indeed. I'm surprised the beast bosses her don't occupy 4 squares. GF Hilda look's so fun to use, it never occurred to me to use that special. Byleth sure flexed that Rupture Sky here, although I do think Rend Heaven sounded better as a name. Loved JP Edelgard's special line!

Occupying 4 squares would be quadruple the bulli I could deal, so they decided to spare them. I do love JP Edelgard as well! I myself like Ruptured Heaven in Three Houses more than the name Rend Heaven, though Ruptured Sky does sound less cool. The character limit in Heroes is unfortunate.

I assume Yarne is one of your favourite Fates kids? That 4* Oboro stood out to me the most! Her lance does help her out in a lot of ways, and gives her a role to fill.

@Diovani Bressan That's quite the Saizo. To think he took 0 damage from dragons despite having such low base Res.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

That's quite the Saizo. To think he took 0 damage from dragons despite having such low base Res.

Yep. I am so proud of Saizo. To be fair, I never cared about him. I was planning to build a dagger unit, and Kaze was the one I would do, and funny enough... I would give a Smoke Dagger+ to Kaze.

But then Saizo appeared with his amazing weapon and refinement. It's so fun to use him now!

8 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What's your policy on L!Julia when it comes to these?

I have L!Julia, but haven't seriously considered using her for a duo clear.  Maybe if Julius gets an alt to match, but by then I think I would want to try something different.   

@mampfoid Looking forward to seeing Velouria and Yarne combo in the future. Might be because I usually bring low Def units to these clears but seeing Roy only take 9 damage from Caineghis is a breath of fresh air. Speaking of Roy, I need to give him his refine already.

Felicia is finally +10! Despite that, she's still a little off from being able to take on the lion king so I had SfP!Flora help her out.

Spoiler

On 9/19/2019 at 7:08 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Occupying 4 squares would be quadruple the bulli I could deal, so they decided to spare them. I do love JP Edelgard as well! I myself like Ruptured Heaven in Three Houses more than the name Rend Heaven, though Ruptured Sky does sound less cool. The character limit in Heroes is unfortunate.

I assume Yarne is one of your favourite Fates kids? That 4* Oboro stood out to me the most! Her lance does help her out in a lot of ways, and gives her a role to fill.

Actually Yarne isn't usually one I pay attention to back in Awakening, I liked Owain/Brady/Noire the most. It just so happens that Yarne's playstyle is quite fun here in FEH now that he can actually use Galeforce haha, plus his stats and skills are nice even with the Atk bane.

And yeah it kind of is a shame that Oboro is usually a bit mediocre here compared to Fates so she kind of gets forgotten  that and too much Royals focus  but it's good to let her have the spotlight since a lot of people don't like seeing her because of poor skill inheritance options. So proud that she tanked things like nothing, and her prf is perfect for Caineghis with the Close Def/Armour effectiveness.

@DLNarshen Good that the Nailah and Tibarn tension was resolved haha. Oboro may have been overshadowed by Lukas's release, but anti-armour is so handy these days with all these bulky armours being released. Selkie needed to have those Res wave buffs to really mitigate the damage against the green TA dragon, but as long as she can tank for a few turns it works for me.

@mampfoid @Zeo @Landmaster @daisy jane @NegativeExponents- @Alexmender @Ginko

So finally trained some new units to make some new themed teams.

Firstly is a Leo theme team, but not what you expect. There is only one Leo, and instead, I have the other characters that have similar names- Lyon and Leon. Oh and Caineghis the Lion King as a "Leo" because close enough (3H Leonie when?) and also I really need a melee unit against enemy Caineghis

Team is +HP/-Spd Leo, +Spd/-HP Leon, neutral Lyon and +Atk/-HP Caineghis

Music is Cha Cha Cha (Sho Hayate's theme) from the King of Fighters XI

-Thank goodness that green Fafnir had TA so Leo can actually safely initiate with no problem. Lots of positioning skills used while the enemy was stuck in the famous Reposition loop which works for me.

-Leon snipes fliers with the trusty Brave Bow (I should really give him the upgrade sometime- for now he needed Steady Blow to truly finish off the blue Fafnir in one go). Lyon Repos back but at least he gets more action in the second half. 

-Using all ranged units against the Lion King is kind of tough which is why my own Lion King is deployed. Exact damage against his enemy self is satisfying.

-Fun fact in one of my other tries, I was trying to use Brynhildr to slow down Tibarn, but Caineghis would Pivot in front of Leo. Leo's +HP would actually let him survive Caineghis with 1 HP but my own Caineghis had mobility issues after taking too much damage so I couldn't finish that try.

---

Lastly, speaking of the Lion King have a Lion Emblem clear!

Team is +Atk/-HP Caineghis, +Atk/-HP Eldigan, neutral Lachesis and +Def/-Spd Valentine's Roy

Music is March of the Lion King from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

- So here we have the laguz Lion King himself, Eldigan the Lionheart, Lachesis who is the Lionheart's Sister (huh strange epithet name) and LA!Roy. Well actually I don't have Brave Roy (Brave Lion) or L!Roy (Blazing Lion). Normally Roy (Young Lion) isn't trained, so archer Roy will have to do (Roy seems to be referred to as a Lion mostly), and he is perfect for the job so close enough.

- The Lion King really dominates the left side early on, with help from his teammates. He needed a combination of Warding Stance and Drive Res/Atk support to survive all those Res-hitting enemies. 

- As for the beast kings themselves, LA!Roy needed a simple Drive Atk buff to shoot Tibarn out of the sky. Enemy Caineghis had to be tanked because his enemy phase buffs and VF is annoying. Lachesis provides some healing so that my own Lion King had enough health to counter back after being softened by Eldigan.

@Landmaster

Nice double-Reinhardt/double-Ishtar comp there. Very nice positioning, forcing Caineghis to revert to deal with him. I was wondering about that.

@mampfoid

Roy dealing with both bosses was a cool finishing touch. Nice work!

On 9/19/2019 at 2:08 AM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Even the Hawk King has to bow to Queen Caeda?

He doesn’t look like a Lance Dragon, so yes.

Super late reply but here I am.

@Landmaster I'm jelly that you are so lucky to get those Soiree units. I want to pull for them but I'm low on orbs while I'm saving it for other merge projects. 4×4  Ishtar is beautiful (At least it's not 0×4 Setsuna). Green Rein got chance to show off as well. I can't imagine how good they will be at +10.

@mampfoid I'm not a fan of rabbit beasts because I don't like their design. But as units they perform well. Roy new  refine is amazing and you don't have to rely on Brave sword anymore. Great job!

@mcsilas A lot of clears from you but the one that catch my attention the most is the infamous reposition loop lol. Ignis Brave bow Leon still sitting in my barrack after I 5* him for long time ago. I remember using him in Arena Assault until I quit doing this mode.

@mcsilasI have some catching up on! Sorry, a bit busy this Quarter but I will always get around to these! But yeah, loving this new BST Dancer Increase so I can use these guys as the nukes they’re meant to be.

Beasts VS Beasts. Tibarn is quite impressive one-rounding Mufasa. Your own Mufasa is a one man army down at the bottom of the map. I hate that Troubadour, satisfying seeing Nailah dye her fangs red.

And now some of my favorite kiddos. Selkie may not deal a lot of damage to a Green unit but taking 0 is amazing in itself. Velouria  and Yarne get off some nice kills of their own, Yarne especially is really fun to play with. Kana always impresses with his tankiness but Selkie is the real MVP here with that last kill!

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone use a HS!Hinoka before, so this is a great treat, especially with so many Dragons on this map. Quite a team effort to kill Tibarn but he couldn’t handle that much of a beating. 4* Oboro put in a lot of work! Really nice!

Nice Leon! I don’t see him very often. Good snipping away at those low Def   enemies. Mufasa Vs Mufasa! The superior Lion came out on top. Guess Dimitri should consider enlisting these guys into the Blue Lions, huh?

LACHESIS!! Love seeing the best Healer not named Elise. Yo Mufasa downing that Troubadour in one round was immensely satisfying.  Actually him obliterating like half the map was great.

On 9/24/2019 at 6:36 AM, Ginko said:

Super late reply but here I am.

@Landmaster I'm jelly that you are so lucky to get those Soiree units. I want to pull for them but I'm low on orbs while I'm saving it for other merge projects. 4×4  Ishtar is beautiful (At least it's not 0×4 Setsuna). Green Rein got chance to show off as well. I can't imagine how good they will be at +10.

Yeah they are pretty great! Loving the fact that it's easier to make Dancers offensive now. If I could +10 any dancer, I would defs do one of them.

On 9/23/2019 at 8:38 PM, LordFrigid said:

@Landmaster

Nice double-Reinhardt/double-Ishtar comp there. Very nice positioning, forcing Caineghis to revert to deal with him. I was wondering about that.

Thanx! Yeah, glad the Troubadour wasn't able to see through me, haha~

• 2 weeks later...

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice 3H clear. Really close call with M!Byleth but Ruptured Sky's damage is incredible against dragons. Really good stuff. Galeforce Hilda is a treat as well. Edelgard's damage is out of this world to ORKO Cain. Those are top of the line infantry axes, I'd really like one of them.

@Ginko First clear was very simplistic but effective. It was one of those clears where I pretty much knew what you were going to do before you did it. Kagero almost could have taken a nap, but she did get a crucial kill near the end. Considering even Matthew took quite a bit of damage from Tibarn, seeing that 0 on Shirou was pretty intimidating I have to admit.

Kaze impressed for the 2nd clear. The Fury 4 recoil damage was scary but not even a panic'ed Kaze could be hurt by the red mage and the Glacies bomb was so crazy that all it took was a spur for him to kill Caineghis with his Distant DEF 4 which is just nuts.

@DLNarshen Did you really use that theme for your clear?... Great minds do a certain thing... you'll understand by the end of my post.

Anyways, the duo crushed here. No ounce of magic could touch Julia and you may have marveled at people taking Tibarn on EP but ORKO'ing him with a Green unit is something to look twice at. I double took when Julia doubled him, deceptively speedy she turns out to be with that 36. Julius one-rounding Caineghis was fairly unsurpising, but taking 0 damage was something I really didn't expect.

@LordFrigid Laughably easy. I knew Caeda was going to melt Caineghis with her prf but sheesh that was fast. +ATK Tibarn makes me jealous. +SPD is pretty unremarkable.

@Alexmender You think you need CC? I need like 5-7 lol. I liked how M!Byleth just spent most of the fight inactive, almost as if it was a test for his students. Petra kept slapping people down, Rinea saw a surprising amount of combat and Hilda performed as expected. Byleth had to intervene in the end but everyone went pretty smoothly. I think he would have given them an A-. Good kiting tactics, but they were backed into a corner in the end and he needed to save their bacon.

@Landmaster So many repositioning skills used here in tandem. It was almost like a dance (ha!). Tibarn seemed to be flying around in confusion while Caineghis was attacked again and again by dancing Ishtar. I think he took what? 12 hits before he died? Sheesh. It was neat the way you set them all up at the end to give swordhardt the final kill despite not needing to. It gave flair to an already stylish clear. Jealous of those dancers of yours, they're amazing. 

@mampfoid Nice use of Yarne here. Another classic. I know you're on vacation from clears but I'll still respond to a few more of yours as I clear my backlog out. I bet you'll have a ton of fun with Roy's refine when you get back.

@mcsilas Ah, my multi-clear partner. Refreshing seeing 5 clears from someone else. Let's get to it.

Love the Laguz Royals clear, the Tibarn theme really takes me back. The way they pretty much effortlessly tore the map apart was a pretty nice nod to Radiant Dawn where they were pretty much invincible in just about any map you fielded them in. Jealous of your Caineghis. He's the only unit I don't have here. If not for Splendid Soiree, perhaps I'd have one as well, but you never know.

Such a playful clear here. My first thought after seeing Selkie and the green dragon swap 0-1s was "...this is going to be annoying" but then that Iceberg come out of nowhere with it's huge damage. Selkie's res really is no joke. She didn't end up taking down the blue dragon but she actually could of which.... considering it had TA speaks for itself. M!Kana tanked the Royals quite nicely as well. I thought Velouria was going to be a cheerleader but she turned out to pull her weight near the end just in time for Selkie to close out the fight in a pretty fitting fashion.

Man... a *4+10 Oboro taking 0 from Tibarn, just crazy. I wonder what made you go for her refine. I'd never considered her myself. The clear was buttery smooth. The theme was on point as were the ninjas and Hinoka shows just how fun of a unit she can be. It's also pretty sad how everyone's clears utterly trivializes Caineghis with both melee and ranged units considering how amazing of a tank he actually is in the player's hands.

Leo clear went pretty smooth as well. Leon was the clear MVP with the classic Brave Bow kiting strat but then when the AI Repo-loop started I knew it was done. Caineghis mirror match was satisfying but Leon was the clear MVP here. Definitely not a clear you'd think would be so easy just looking at the units deployed (besides the King of course) but it turned out to be child's play.

Aha! Very clever theme here! So the Lion King, Lionheart, Lionheart's Sister and the Young Lion? My themes are very simple but you really get creative with your application. This was easily my favorite clear. As soon as I heard that theme and realized Caineghis was just deployed with a healer I knew exactly what type of clear this was going to be and I loved every second of it. Cain rips through everything like the King he is (probably my favorite Royal from FE10 if I didn't mention that) but Roy and Eldigan actually do get a bit of action as well. I knew Roy was there for Tibarn but Eldigan held his own well even if we all knew who was going to finish things. Best of the batch.

@daisy jane @Anacybele @Dayni @Xenomata 

So I'm unbelievably late but as most of you know I'm clearing my very large backlog of clears one at a time so we're starting here. After that I've got a GHB, maybe a BHB or two then we're tackling the LHB/MHB's before I'm vacation bound. I actually uploaded these clears already, I just hadn't posted as I didn't have the time but I'm going to try to do a post a day or every two days if I can help it. So let's start here. 4 clears for our Royals, they deserve it. I've been looking forward to a lava level for a while and the beasts on top of it made for pretty perfect musical choices which was a bonus. Ok let's go.

Today's opening clear is Morgan's. I knew Tibarn was going to have to go down fast and I knew Ninian was the only way I was going to be able to do that, but getting her to survive him was difficult. After a bit of headscratching I just went ahead and switched Priscilla from double savage to a double tactics setup which gave Ninian just enough to survive the phase. After that things went smoothly. It was just a matter of which unit to kill the following turn. Morgan actually could have swapped out Sol and dealt with Caineghis himself, but I wanted to give Amelia to warp at least once for the clear (<_<).

Serra's clear is next. Initially seeming like it was difficult I realized rather quickly that I was trying too hard to approach it with Serra which is why it was difficult (yet another case of "it would be cake with CC"). After switching gears to Fae things got resolved quickly. Fae got in there, tanked as you'd expect her to while Serra waited for her opportunity to strike the unsuspecting beasts.

Matthew's clear is actually the original one, or the second one more specifically. The clear you see here is literally my second attempt at the map. Not much to say here, Matthew does his thing. I have to admit though... seeing how formidable Tibarn was here had me jealous that other people were able to dispatch him so easily while taking 0 damage. It's just as well.

I actually never thought I'd use this thumbnail, but it'll probably never be more fitting for any other clear than it is for this one, so here you go. 

And lastly, For our final clear we have a Beast theme. This is one I knew I was going to do as soon as I saw the map. Royals are always fun but having Lethe and Leanne made for the perfect clear. It wasn't an entirely simple affair though. For a minute I wasn't sure it was possible. Positioning here was very crucial as Tibarn was going to need to pursue Reyson (ironic, right?) in order to get into the right position for the clear to work. I thought Lethe was going to need Galeforce to work here but as it turned out Hit and Run was perfect for her then empty B-Slot and the Heron's healing and Hone/Fortify beasts synergized perfectly with both Nailah and Lethe. Still Nailah needed Sturdy stance an additional Drive DEF 2 from Reyson in order to seal things up.

A very fun clear it turned out to be. The Heron's 3 mov and healing is utility that's not to be underestimated. Between the two of them Beast Emblem is very viable even without Cain or the Birds, as you'll soon see.

There's still quite a bit to do. But it feels good to seal this one up. Later for now.

Cheers~

@Zeo Nice clears! I wish Frederick's new weapon and refine could be as useful for me as Matthew's is for you. But if I ever use it, it'd only be in maps filled with armors. Otherwise, it isn't worth it to change up my build due to it being player phase (and I run an enemy phase build on Freddy).

Also, yay for laguz, they're awesome!

@Zeo I much prefer Hilda of the two axe units. Edelgard is better in some dimensions with higher Atk and physical bulk, and forcing doubles is clearly strong, but Hilda is overall more flexible with workable Res and a real Spd stat, combined with some team support as well.

I don't know if you've ever mentioned this, but how did you decide on members for the Morgan and Serra teams? Did you just pick Heroes that complimented the star well, or was there some kind of theme?

Seeing Matthew end at 3 HP is... honestly a bit rare, I think?

Herons are so good. I honestly think they're the best Beasts.

These are pretty great thumbnails for these clears, btw. Pretty cute.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I wish Frederick's new weapon and refine could be as useful for me as Matthew's is for you. But if I ever use it, it'd only be in maps filled with armors. Otherwise, it isn't worth it to change up my build due to it being player phase (and I run an enemy phase build on Freddy).

Do you plan on getting him Death Blow 4?

@Zeo 'Eyyy, some great music choices there. Good to hear Headstrong after a long while, too.

Ninian sure was impressive taking on Tibarn and living. I always forget how bulky she can be, well mostly because dancers ideally shouldn't be in combat but your Ninian was fine. I love her completely no-selling that Red Fox tome mage though haha.

Fae opened the way but things became really fun when I saw Serra finally unleash big damage against Tibarn. One day Takumi will come.

Matthew took quite a bit of damage in his clear but he just kept hanging on with Sol. Ayra also stepped up a bit later, and did well against Caineghis (poor AI just can't help but attack when baited). Love the sound of the music here though!

Jealous of the double beast dancer setup, still need Leanne. Double healing and 3 move dancing is just OP. A fine Lethe you have there as well why does Ranulf have less Atk than you, her damage/Spd is pretty impressive. Nailah also stepped up to teach the other royals a lesson.

Oh yeah I realised I need dedicated armour counters in AA, so I gave Oboro her prf (plus the possibility of double Close Def is nice). She originally had Slaying Lance though, but armours had been getting bulkier and her Res is good enough for the armour dragons. Also I should really give Leon the proper Brave Bow someday. Oh and Laguz Royal theme music are great tracks, I can't help but use them!

Edited by mcsilas

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Zeo I much prefer Hilda of the two axe units. Edelgard is better in some dimensions with higher Atk and physical bulk, and forcing doubles is clearly strong, but Hilda is overall more flexible with workable Res and a real Spd stat, combined with some team support as well.

I don't know if you've ever mentioned this, but how did you decide on members for the Morgan and Serra teams? Did you just pick Heroes that complimented the star well, or was there some kind of theme?

Seeing Matthew end at 3 HP is... honestly a bit rare, I think?

Herons are so good. I honestly think they're the best Beasts.

These are pretty great thumbnails for these clears, btw. Pretty cute.

I would take either but based on how I generally play Edelgard would likely serve me better.

It's actually a a little of both for my teams. For Morgan, I'd decided when I chose him (Over Serra, Faye, Sothe, etc) for CC that I would build a team for him so yeah I did kind of build around him but it was a pretty organic process. Ninian complimented him well as a dancer and as a dragon but Amelia and Priscilla just kind of fell into place. After trying out a variety of 3rd and 4th units the BHB: Amelia and Tana map came out and I chose the two of them for whatever reason. I didn't think they would last as the last two but they ended up being perfect. Plus it's effectively a mixed team because of them which gave me access to tactics skills.

For Serra it was a much more mechanical process. When I pulled L!Eliwood I knew he could make someone a monster. I'd been procrastinating building my +5 Serra so it was the perfect opportunity. L!Azura complimented her even further and after that it was a matter of finding someone who could provide color variety but also match ATK with Serra. I found Fae in her ATK range after doing an ATK search in my barracks and she was perfect since she not only matched her ATK but was also a dragon that could proc Eliwood's C skill.

The themes for the teams kind of came after they'd been established. Morgan going on a journey that parallel's Matthew's and Serra and Fae traveling through time long after Matthew's journey is over, fighting remnants of enemies Matthew defeated and reliving past battles. That's why Serra's clears are the only ones that don't have the "LEGACY" tag. Because chronologically speaking they're the only current ones as far as my FEH's timeline. All of the Matthew and Morgan clears you see are clears that happened at one point or another during their journeys which ended at the Klein/Clarine BHB.

...Yeah, I'm actually a writer. Just don't flex the muscle very often. But I have an FEH canon, silly as that may sound.

57 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo 'Eyyy, some great music choices there. Good to hear Headstrong after a long while, too.

Ninian sure was impressive taking on Tibarn and living. I always forget how bulky she can be, well mostly because dancers ideally shouldn't be in combat but your Ninian was fine. I love her completely no-selling that Red Fox tome mage though haha.

Fae opened the way but things became really fun when I saw Serra finally unleash big damage against Tibarn. One day Takumi will come.

Matthew took quite a bit of damage in his clear but he just kept hanging on with Sol. Ayra also stepped up a bit later, and did well against Caineghis (poor AI just can't help but attack when baited). Love the sound of the music here though!

Jealous of the double beast dancer setup, still need Leanne. Double healing and 3 move dancing is just OP. A fine Lethe you have there as well why does Ranulf have less Atk than you, her damage/Spd is pretty impressive. Nailah also stepped up to teach the other royals a lesson.

Oh yeah I realised I need dedicated armour counters in AA, so I gave Oboro her prf (plus the possibility of double Close Def is nice). She originally had Slaying Lance though, but armours had been getting bulkier and her Res is good enough for the armour dragons. Also I should really give Leon the proper Brave Bow someday. Oh and Laguz Royal theme music are great tracks, I can't help but use them!

Hey! Someone who recognizes headstrong! That's from my childhood man! A song lost to my memories that just happened to pop in my recommended for you even though I haven't heard it in over 10 years. I didn't even listen to it as a kid, my older sisters did.

I'm low key waiting for a Ninian prf and refine honestly. I want to see her elevate. If I recall she's still the only dragon dancer in the entire game. I was actually kind of surprised myself when I saw the 0 against the mage lol. She was just like "Nope." Once upon a time Light Breath + DC Ninian was something I wanted to do. Same for Fae.

When Takumi comes then Serra's Absorb+ build will be her main one... someday...

Yeah, Matt took a beating here. That's why I was so jealous of all those units that were taking Tibarn 0x2s. The music was actually a toss-up between the song I used and the 3rd song you'll hear in the Serra clear for Duma's map (which I've had recorded for weeks).

I don't have nearly enough armor killers to be honest. I do have Bartre though. 

Leanne actually was a pitybreaker haha. You already know how this game is with me when it comes to colorless. Duma, L!Alm, Leanne, F!Corrin (the first one), Maribelle, Loki, Faye, Takumi (the 2nd one), Nina, Jaffar, B!Lyn, Veronica. Every single unit I just named has been a pitybreaker. Excluding of course the legendaries. Colorless was my favorite back when everyone was still screaming "colorless hell". I could never really understand them as the colorless pool has always been kind to me since launch.

There is only one thing that pool has never given me and that's a +ATK Matthew. I've pulled literally every other nature but that one and I've never had one to this day. I'm happy with his +SPD nature now. But it's vexing every now and again when I think about it.