Bound Hero Battle: Battle of Eagle and Lion

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zeo That's pretty expansive. Maybe one day Serra will catch up to Matthew and A Support him!

11 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, no? I just said the refine isn't worth changing my entire build over, which I'd have to do.

Well, I just thought it might be fun to have multiple builds to pick from. I have different sets on some of my favs.

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well, I just thought it might be fun to have multiple builds to pick from. I have different sets on some of my favs.

True, that's a fair point. Death Blow 4 is very hard to get though, and I don't know if I'd use it on Frederick often enough to be worth it.

On 10/10/2019 at 10:45 PM, Zeo said:

@DLNarshen Did you really use that theme for your clear?... Great minds do a certain thing... you'll understand by the end of my post.

Haha, it's a good theme, and fits well with this particular map.  The music wasn't the only thing we had in common for this map - CC Red Mages win the day against Caineghis, it seems.

Serra's clear is next. Initially seeming like it was difficult I realized rather quickly that I was trying too hard to approach it with Serra which is why it was difficult (yet another case of "it would be cake with CC"). After switching gears to Fae things got resolved quickly. Fae got in there, tanked as you'd expect her to while Serra waited for her opportunity to strike the unsuspecting beasts.

Good on Fae for getting the ball rolling!  Is the music from Tropical Freeze?  It certainly feels like it.  Serra got a nice exact kill on that Manakete.

Matthew's clear is actually the original one, or the second one more specifically. The clear you see here is literally my second attempt at the map. Not much to say here, Matthew does his thing. I have to admit though... seeing how formidable Tibarn was here had me jealous that other people were able to dispatch him so easily while taking 0 damage. It's just as well.

I actually never thought I'd use this thumbnail, but it'll probably never be more fitting for any other clear than it is for this one, so here you go. 

Maybe it wasn't as effortless as some, but surviving Tibarn's attack without color-advantage, and then healing most of that Hp back up, is impressive on its own!  I was curious to see how he would respond to Caineghis, but Ayra had him covered there.

And lastly, For our final clear we have a Beast theme. This is one I knew I was going to do as soon as I saw the map. Royals are always fun but having Lethe and Leanne made for the perfect clear. It wasn't an entirely simple affair though. For a minute I wasn't sure it was possible. Positioning here was very crucial as Tibarn was going to need to pursue Reyson (ironic, right?) in order to get into the right position for the clear to work. I thought Lethe was going to need Galeforce to work here but as it turned out Hit and Run was perfect for her then empty B-Slot and the Heron's healing and Hone/Fortify beasts synergized perfectly with both Nailah and Lethe. Still Nailah needed Sturdy stance an additional Drive DEF 2 from Reyson in order to seal things up.

A very fun clear it turned out to be. The Heron's 3 mov and healing is utility that's not to be underestimated. Between the two of them Beast Emblem is very viable even without Cain or the Birds, as you'll soon see.

I think this was my favorite of the bunch.  Three-move dance is nice and all, but the Herons' healing definitely helped a lot here.  Nailah seems a popular choice for a Laguz clears!  She has claimed many beaks, and now Caineghis's mane as well.  Finally I appreciate the use of Lethe.  Even more so than Tibarn, she's probably the beast unit I have the most fun with in this game.

@Zeo Sorry for the late reply. You always know me !! Seeing both Tibarn and Caineghis in the same map make me want to challenge them to take my Shiro down lol. It took me 2 tries on Kaze clear, Iceberg on 1st try wasn't enough. So 2nd time ,Glacies finish the job.

As for your clear, Matthew with Sol is so damn good. Before his new refine, I always see him got healed multiple times by Genny but now almost never rely on it. Ayra took care of Caineghis with her infamous Regnal Astra. 

Edited by Ginko

21 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Haha, it's a good theme, and fits well with this particular map.  The music wasn't the only thing we had in common for this map - CC Red Mages win the day against Caineghis, it seems.

Good on Fae for getting the ball rolling!  Is the music from Tropical Freeze?  It certainly feels like it.  Serra got a nice exact kill on that Manakete.

Maybe it wasn't as effortless as some, but surviving Tibarn's attack without color-advantage, and then healing most of that Hp back up, is impressive on its own!  I was curious to see how he would respond to Caineghis, but Ayra had him covered there.

I think this was my favorite of the bunch.  Three-move dance is nice and all, but the Herons' healing definitely helped a lot here.  Nailah seems a popular choice for a Laguz clears!  She has claimed many beaks, and now Caineghis's mane as well.  Finally I appreciate the use of Lethe.  Even more so than Tibarn, she's probably the beast unit I have the most fun with in this game.

I threw Amelia a bone there lol. Morgan could have easily oneshot Caineghis with Glimmer lol.

The music is actually from DKR, same as the theme we both used.

I'm in a weird place with Lethe. I don't really know what to do with her. I could make her a GF unit, but Tibarn and B!Roy with his refine far and away outshine her in that category. B!Roy moreso as he's directly cavalry and has Special Fighter on initiation. It's more more an issue because her nature is perfect so it's really a waste for her to collect dust.

Astram GHB is coming tonight so look forward to that.

On 10/10/2019 at 10:45 PM, Zeo said:

@Landmaster So many repositioning skills used here in tandem. It was almost like a dance (ha!). Tibarn seemed to be flying around in confusion while Caineghis was attacked again and again by dancing Ishtar. I think he took what? 12 hits before he died? Sheesh. It was neat the way you set them all up at the end to give swordhardt the final kill despite not needing to. It gave flair to an already stylish clear. Jealous of those dancers of yours, they're amazing. 

So I'm unbelievably late but as most of you know I'm clearing my very large backlog of clears one at a time so we're starting here. After that I've got a GHB, maybe a BHB or two then we're tackling the LHB/MHB's before I'm vacation bound. I actually uploaded these clears already, I just hadn't posted as I didn't have the time but I'm going to try to do a post a day or every two days if I can help it. So let's start here. 4 clears for our Royals, they deserve it. I've been looking forward to a lava level for a while and the beasts on top of it made for pretty perfect musical choices which was a bonus. Ok let's go.

Today's opening clear is Morgan's. I knew Tibarn was going to have to go down fast and I knew Ninian was the only way I was going to be able to do that, but getting her to survive him was difficult. After a bit of headscratching I just went ahead and switched Priscilla from double savage to a double tactics setup which gave Ninian just enough to survive the phase. After that things went smoothly. It was just a matter of which unit to kill the following turn. Morgan actually could have swapped out Sol and dealt with Caineghis himself, but I wanted to give Amelia to warp at least once for the clear (<_<).

Serra's clear is next. Initially seeming like it was difficult I realized rather quickly that I was trying too hard to approach it with Serra which is why it was difficult (yet another case of "it would be cake with CC"). After switching gears to Fae things got resolved quickly. Fae got in there, tanked as you'd expect her to while Serra waited for her opportunity to strike the unsuspecting beasts.

Matthew's clear is actually the original one, or the second one more specifically. The clear you see here is literally my second attempt at the map. Not much to say here, Matthew does his thing. I have to admit though... seeing how formidable Tibarn was here had me jealous that other people were able to dispatch him so easily while taking 0 damage. It's just as well.

I actually never thought I'd use this thumbnail, but it'll probably never be more fitting for any other clear than it is for this one, so here you go. 

And lastly, For our final clear we have a Beast theme. This is one I knew I was going to do as soon as I saw the map. Royals are always fun but having Lethe and Leanne made for the perfect clear. It wasn't an entirely simple affair though. For a minute I wasn't sure it was possible. Positioning here was very crucial as Tibarn was going to need to pursue Reyson (ironic, right?) in order to get into the right position for the clear to work. I thought Lethe was going to need Galeforce to work here but as it turned out Hit and Run was perfect for her then empty B-Slot and the Heron's healing and Hone/Fortify beasts synergized perfectly with both Nailah and Lethe. Still Nailah needed Sturdy stance an additional Drive DEF 2 from Reyson in order to seal things up.

A very fun clear it turned out to be. The Heron's 3 mov and healing is utility that's not to be underestimated. Between the two of them Beast Emblem is very viable even without Cain or the Birds, as you'll soon see.

There's still quite a bit to do. But it feels good to seal this one up. Later for now.

Cheers~

Making dancers lethal is my specialty~

Ninian took quite a beating from Tibarn and damn that Troubadour is the devil. Impressive that Mufasa doesn’t even scare Morgan.And we get to see some Amelia DC action, I’m getting used to this.

More of a Fae show this time around but Serra still gets in there to show them what she’s made of before they can see it coming. Good teamwork between the two of them.

Good ol’ Matt and Squad have some nice fun, too. Ayra taking on Caineghis was pretty cool while Matthew solo’d everyone else~ Quick but still nice~

Nice Beast team! Lethe isn’t seen all that often and she was awesome here~ She’d be great with Galeforce~ Nailah was a champ for eating that Bonfire~ Awesome work!

• 9 months later...