What Should the Next Fire Emblem Game Be?

Mukmuk

What Should the Next Fire Emblem Game Be?   

33 members have voted

1. 1. What Should the Next Fire Emblem Game Be?

• A completely new game
    • A remake of an older game
    • A spin-off (Mirage Sessions, etc.)

What kind of Fire Emblem do you think Nintendo and Intelligent Systems should release next? Just curious about the opinions here. Personally, I want the next up-and-coming Fire Emblem to      follow on the heels of Three Houses, with fresh ideas, design and the like, but that's just me. 

I'd very much like a FE4 remake taking the great ideas of Three Houses and applying it there. Give the characters personalities, rebalance the weapon triangle and magic system and cut the chapters down by castle.

Edited by Syndixel

i don't know what the next fe title SHOULD be, but i'd like it to be either a completely new game, with new continent, story and character (aka not a sequel nor a prequel), or a faithful genealogy remake, both in gameplay (yes i like the absence of the trade command) and story

I'd be delighted with a new game or a remake (voted remake for Genealogy), HOWEVER, I wouldn't mind if they took their time with it and gave us some sort of spin off in its stead. Although Fire Emblem Warriors 2 is the most likely, I'd really love to see Fire Emblem's take on a fighting game (which has more of an emphasis on fan favorites rather than Lords) that has a style similar to Granblue Fantasy Versus or Guilty Gear (I love GG's new visuals.) I'd also find it interesting if Fire Emblem did a crossover with Civilization. Or if they wanted to go all in with the dating sim aspects and make a Harvest Moon-esque game with some battle features and town building mechanics (similar to the Rune Factory series).

I'm predicting the next game to be an FE4 remake given how much inspiration Three Houses took from it. Although I guess we could also get a spin-off like say Fire Emblem Warriors 2 (and if that's the case, please give me more Elibe and Valentia characters as well as Tellius)

1 hour ago, Dandy Druid said:

I'd be delighted with a new game or a remake (voted remake for Genealogy), HOWEVER, I wouldn't mind if they took their time with it and gave us some sort of spin off in its stead. Although Fire Emblem Warriors 2 is the most likely, I'd really love to see Fire Emblem's take on a fighting game (which has more of an emphasis on fan favorites rather than Lords) that has a style similar to Granblue Fantasy Versus or Guilty Gear (I love GG's new visuals.) I'd also find it interesting if Fire Emblem did a crossover with Civilization. Or if they wanted to go all in with the dating sim aspects and make a Harvest Moon-esque game with some battle features and town building mechanics (similar to the Rune Factory series).

i'd love a fire emblem 2d fighting game (many anime/manga-inspired games, such as dragonball xenoverse and jojo eyes of heaven, are not fighting games for me)

imo arc system would be the perfect team for the job

4 hours ago, Yexin said:

i'd love a fire emblem 2d fighting game (many anime/manga-inspired games, such as dragonball xenoverse and jojo eyes of heaven, are not fighting games for me)

imo arc system would be the perfect team for the job

I really love Arc System's games. So excited for GFV and GG coming out next year. I would love to see what they come up with if they could get their hands on Fire Emblem. The Nintendo Switch doesn't have too many fighting games either.

15 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

If we get a Fire Emblem fighting game by Arc Systems, I want it to feature characters from across the entire series rather than just the most popular/recent games (in this case, Awakening, Fates, and Three Houses)

Yea this needs to be the case. I don't really hold anything against the newer games but the representation in spin-offs is just so unbalanced. Also it seems like Tellius and Valentia get no love in these sort of things, which is unfortunate

WHERE IS MY THRACIA REMAKE?!

FE4?  Yeah, I guess that can come along, too, as long as the balance is better.  I really don't like waiting for my foot units to catch up while Sigurd destroyed everything.

To be fair to all the people asking for FE4 remakes and the like (although I would prefer Thracia first because I never got to play an English version of it-or at best a poorly translated one that made life hell), it (in my humble opinion), is probably not going to happen in the next FE. 

Video game producers want to follow up on the heels of a successful video game with more fresh concepts and such that make the game more and more interesting, and then when interest has died down a little bit, they can consider doing something else. Just look at Awakening. After that, the producers went into a 3 year long think and came out with Fates, a jumbo-pack of...ideas! to say the least. Obviously the developers were on LSD or something, because they came out with Fates. But, they tried. Oh well. 

Anyways, following on the massive success of Three Houses, I don't think Nintendo and Intelligent Systems will pull back so quickly. The newer fans are hungry for more material, and they will not be denied their feast. Of course, a new game will also be devoured by older FE fans, so it is probably in Nintendo's best interests to release new games, not remakes. It's a win-win. 

Of course, this is all my opinion, and I am totally expecting someone to pull a Ben Shapiro on me, but ah well. 

8 hours ago, Mukmuk said:

To be fair to all the people asking for FE4 remakes and the like (although I would prefer Thracia first because I never got to play an English version of it-or at best a poorly translated one that made life hell), it (in my humble opinion), is probably not going to happen in the next FE. 

Video game producers want to follow up on the heels of a successful video game with more fresh concepts and such that make the game more and more interesting, and then when interest has died down a little bit, they can consider doing something else. Just look at Awakening. After that, the producers went into a 3 year long think and came out with Fates, a jumbo-pack of...ideas! to say the least. Obviously the developers were on LSD or something, because they came out with Fates. But, they tried. Oh well. 

Anyways, following on the massive success of Three Houses, I don't think Nintendo and Intelligent Systems will pull back so quickly. The newer fans are hungry for more material, and they will not be denied their feast. Of course, a new game will also be devoured by older FE fans, so it is probably in Nintendo's best interests to release new games, not remakes. It's a win-win. 

Of course, this is all my opinion, and I am totally expecting someone to pull a Ben Shapiro on me, but ah well. 

But what if newer fans actually want to play the older games without having to resort to emulation? You ever fucking think about that?

14 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

But what if newer fans actually want to play the older games without having to resort to emulation? You ever fucking think about that?

Jeez, chill. I didn't bite your head off. 

Yes, newer fans (also people like me) want remakes of older games. I only said I don't think it'll happen the next game. Maybe next next. 

Edited by Mukmuk

On 9/16/2019 at 4:53 AM, Mukmuk said:

Two words. Project Exile.

Actually, four. Play Project Exile now.

17 hours ago, Fire Brand said:

Two words. Project Exile.

Actually, four. Play Project Exile now.

*searches up Project Exile. 

AHHHHHHH!!! 

*Looks at when Project Exile hit the forums (May 31, 2019) 

Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk why didnt I learn of this sooner how did this escape my attention

Mr. / Mrs. Fire Brand, you have saved my life. I am forever indebted to you. I will sacrifice my children to you.   

In all seriousness, thanks so much. You have no idea how much I appreciate you right nowlol. 

4 hours ago, Mukmuk said:

*searches up Project Exile. 

AHHHHHHH!!! 

*Looks at when Project Exile hit the forums (May 31, 2019) 

Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk why didnt I learn of this sooner how did this escape my attention

Mr. / Mrs. Fire Brand, you have saved my life. I am forever indebted to you. I will sacrifice my children to you.   

In all seriousness, thanks so much. You have no idea how much I appreciate you right nowlol. 

No worries, happy to help! Hope you enjoy the game. 

18 hours ago, Fire Brand said:

No worries, happy to help! Hope you enjoy the game. 

Yep, I will. Gotta pause from my Three Houses grind craze and enjoy some good ol' fashioned FE... 

Project Exile is pretty incredible. No visible grammar mistakes so far!lol 

My body is ready for a high def Genealogy of the Holy War with an orchestral sound track.

If we're talking remakes, I've long wanted to see them adapt Anri's story as a kind of Legend of Zelda clone (an RPG could work either, they say he went Anri's way alone, but retconing that to mean five or six people would be within the realm of acceptability). It'd be something really different, while also being set in a familiar world. I'd be into it at any rate. I'd like to see Nintendo be a bit more experimental with it's IPs outside of just Mario. Keep the main series as they are, but provide other games in the same universe. Most people don't seem to agree though, judging by how downright vitriolic everyone was to Metroid Prime Federation Force (I was personally hyped for it, too bad it turned out to be a really mediocre game). Star Fox Adventures being another example of them trying something like this and turning out shitty is another reason it probably won't happen. Of course the solution to that is just to...not make really bad games. Star Fox Adventures wasn't a bad game because it was a Star Fox game, it was just generally a bad game (as far as I've been told, I do have a copy, but I've yet to get around to playing it yet). At least they're doing it with Warriors quite a bit, shame the Warriors series is kind of boring and samey once you've played a few allegedly different games. Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem had really fun gameplay blending both games, but everything else about it was very blarg. More Fire Emblem RPGs would be cool though.

On 9/16/2019 at 10:53 AM, Mukmuk said:

That's not really taking into account that Three Houses was a low key reimagining of Genealogy of the Holy War.

Edited by Jotari