What original Personas would the characters have? (Crest-bearers only)

Perkilator

I got this idea after thinking about if 3H was a gameplay crossover between Fire Emblem and Persona (for the lack of a better term). What Personas would the characters who bear Crests have (and only those who bear Crests)?

EDIT: Sorry, I should’ve been more specific. I didn’t mean Personas that already exist. I meant original Personas that match each character.

Edited by Perkilator

Like how each party member has their own persona that the mc cannot have. For example Yosuke has Jiraiya which Yu can never summon though oddly enough Yusuke and Yosuke both have a persona based on the same deity when Jiraiya and Goemon power up into Susano please correct me if I got names wrong

Edited by iavasechui

14 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

A completely new one made up from the ground up is what I mean.

That’s kinda impossible though because Personas themselves are based on various figures in myths, legends, and other stories throughout history so no Persona is “original” and I’m willing to bet atlus has used a good majority of those myths and legends already so....

5 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

That’s kinda impossible though because Personas themselves are based on various figures in myths, legends, and other stories throughout history so no Persona is “original” and I’m willing to bet atlus has used a good majority of those myths and legends already so....

Ooooh, okay. I guess we should just....close this thread, then, just to make sure it doesn't spiral into a debate?

Not Personas, but rather, associated arcana.

Byleth - Death
Edelgard - Justice/Tower
Bernadetta - Judgement
Ferdinand - Hierophant
Linhardt - High Priestess
Dimitri - Devil
Annette - Magician
Felix - Strength
Ingrid - Lovers
Mercedes - Star
Sylvain - Wheel of Fortune
Claude - Hanged Man
Hilda - Sun
Lorenz - Emperor
Lysithea - Temperance/Moon
Marianne - Hermit
Jeralt - Judgement
Rhea - Empress
Seteth - Justice
Flayn - Fool
Hanneman - High Priestess
Catherine - Chariot
Jeritza - Justice

5 hours ago, Vitezen said:

Not Personas, but rather, associated arcana.

Byleth - Death
Edelgard - Justice/Tower
Bernadetta - Judgement
Ferdinand - Hierophant
Linhardt - High Priestess
Dimitri - Devil
Annette - Magician
Felix - Strength
Ingrid - Lovers
Mercedes - Star
Sylvain - Wheel of Fortune
Claude - Hanged Man
Hilda - Sun
Lorenz - Emperor
Lysithea - Temperance/Moon
Marianne - Hermit
Jeralt - Judgement
Rhea - Empress
Seteth - Justice
Flayn - Fool
Hanneman - High Priestess
Catherine - Chariot
Jeritza - Justice

There’s already established Arcanas based upon the Crests:

5cf.png

They should have stands because stands are better and persona is bad and you should feel bad. And they also use the tarot/crest thing better and are less stupid.
I'm just kidding, but they really are using the tarots better than persona.

Edelguard should have King Crimson, since she is so desperate to attain the result of her path. No Epitath. She's just a pretty pretty emperor crimson.

Can't wait for Byleth to have The World Over Heaven or The World Ultimate. 😛

On 9/17/2019 at 8:34 AM, Vitezen said:

@singularitySure, but those don't seem to correspond to anything about the characters that bear them.

I dunno man, I'd say most of them fit the bil when I look at it.

Blaydid is Justice, Dimitri is almost a copy of Polnareff with how it's used (both arcana are similar in a way), he is normal justice at first, then he snap and become reverse, then rebecome Justice again.
The Beast represent The Devil, which is about the bondage, even those that that self-inflicted, what is the problem that Marriane and her familly face the most ? Discrimination and the 'chains' of self-loathing they put on themselves.
Crest of Flame is the fire emblem The World, which can stop time, is literally at the core of everything in Fodlan, guess what is The World all about ? Connection, completion.
It's also funny how Edelgard could be interpreted as a reversed World in certain path, as she is too focused on her own vision. It's not dur dur friendship.
Seiros is hilarious with how it's used, it's tied to so many things, the divine/connection to divine, keeping secret, knowledge, intuition. Completly Rhea, El and Jeralt. and there's the irony of Rhea being her own arcana, and being it's reverse except for for very limited moments.

I'll stop there, but sheesh, there's a lot of things I could say, could be wrong too, tarot have a lot of interpretations.

Dimitri fits devil more than justice because his obsessive, pathological pursuit of justice is his own choice. (Something interesting that I've been told is that if you look at the Rider-Waite illustration for devil, you'll see the chains around the people's necks are loose and not held by the devil. They're voluntarily worn!) The justice arcana is more about a reasoned separation of things, which certainly isn't Dimitri. And despite the name, it isn't necessarily about literal right and wrong, though that can fall under its umbrella. (This is a common misconception for many tarot cards.)

Marianne doesn't fit devil because her burden of her crest isn't her choice to bear. She also certainly isn't giving in to her wild side. It was hard to pick her arcana, but I decided on hermit for a two reasons. First is her ability to speak to animals: Despite her depression and isolation, she still has a desire to communicate. Second is that she still has a desire to grow and communicate with the professor and classmates. I compared her to Bernadetta. Marianne is hermit because she still engages with others, even if to say she doensn't want to, while Bernadetta practically has to be dragged out of her room due to her trauma.

I like the idea of world for Byleth, but their sheltered upbringing is a little at odds with their all-encompassing skill. Them emerging from their shell as a result of living at the monastery really resonates with the death arcana. Also, their body being a vessel for Sothis. Edelgard just feels too unenlightened to fit world arcana.

The primary attribute of high priestess is passive indecision, neither of which really fit Rhea, Jeralt, or Edelgard. Rhea is a clear fit for empress with her nurturing of the church, and the rest of the world. I put Jeralt as judgement because, like Bernadetta, this is a time in life where he's being forced to confront and move past his past. Bernadetta is thrown into a situation where she HAS to associate with others and overcome her anxiety; Jeralt is forced to return to his life at the monastery. Edelgard is extremely proactive. I could see it being somewhat related to the tightrope-walking regarding the slitherers, but I think there are arcana that are more closely related to her story.

Either way, I'm not saying anyone is wrong, just explaining my interpretations with more detail.