Just an FE6 Draft

GlitchWarrior

Yes. This is a real thing I'm doing.

For my first ever true draft run, I'm doing a 5-man FE6 draft. And the rules are really, REALLY basic. There's only one rule- use your units, or pay 4 turns. That's four turns for every time those units fight, support, or open stuff, and meatshielding counts as fighting.

Okay, so there's more rules than that. You've gotta beat Idunn for it to count. And undrafted Thieves can be used to get otherwise-ungettable yet necessarry promotion items. Also, we won't be drafting off Roy, Marcus, Merlinus, the dancers, and Fae. That enough?

Still no? Okay, then, three units go undrafted. And NO WARP STAFF. Using the Warp Staff entails a very, very special twenty turn penalty. Sound fair?

For the record, I'm using SB.'s ruleset. You could probably gather all of this just from reading that. So... Who wants in?

oh yeah. And it's a SOYO DRAFT! Ahaha, this is going to be so much fun! Turn order will be forward, then backward. And I'm shuffling who picks when. I need at least four other contenders though. And you CAN'T force someone to draft two units who are incompatible (basically, drafting Juno for someone means you can't give them Dayan on the last lap).

It's been a while since I played FE6, and I haven't tried drafts yet. But no warp sounds like my playing field. Count me in.

Though questions:

• What difficulty mode we plan to play?
  • "use your units, or pay 4 turns"  could you explain this better?

First, the difficulty is set to Normal. Mostly so chapters 4 and 7 are beatable.

Second? Most drafts are sort of an LTC thing. In the event that you utilize a unit outside of the allowed parameters, you must wait 4 turns before ending the chapter per unit that performed an action this phase (but not per action. You don't want to burn 20 turns because the enemy engaged Barthe five times in one phase.

I will make exceptions for this on the maps before gaiden chapters (save chapter eight) due to those maps having a time limit

Edited by GlitchGabe
forgot the exception

I'll join in, I haven't LTCed FE6 yet. Is there anything in SB.'s ruleset not listed here and/or do you have a link to it?

I want you make sure I understand the exception. You mean that if we use units outside of the allowed parameters, the maximum penalty is the turn limit to get the Gaiden, NOT that there is no penalty, correct?

WELLLLLLLL... Here's how I have it marked. However many extra turns you must take, you take them either until you reach the turn limit for the Gaiden OR take them at the end OF said Gaiden. Since no units join during Gaiden Chapters and the only force-deployed unit is Roy, you shouldn't have any problem spending the turns at the end of that map.

I guess the rules are from the Integrity post. You can find the redux either at the top of this mini-forum or here. It's the most basic draft ruleset anyway.

Hmm, wouldn't it be simpler to just add the penalty to the turn count outside the game rather than waiting within the game? That's how it's usually done in my experience. It might actually be annoying or even impossible to wait on the throne for 4 turns without fighting any surviving enemies on some maps.

Eh. I guess you could do that too. To be honest, this is the first draft I'm actually hosting. If we do it THAT way, then the turn limit on the Gaiden vs. penalty time really doesn't matter.

Edited by GlitchWarrior

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...