New Heroes - The Chosen Ones (Archanea Banner)

NoirCore

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes yes, it's been two years since the last banner with characters from Archanea. Personally I would have made a topic for the new banner but the recaptcha was screwing with me and wouldn't let me. Apparently I am not a human.

As for the banner I don't really like the 3:1 female to male ratio but I like Phina and Nagi and they are tempting me so hard fight to spend orbs for them but if Farfetched is next and Anna is on it then...Other than I would have preferred to see Nyna here instead of Norne but I guess they didn't want color overlap with Sirius who is also kind of tempting for me. I least the good thing about Norne is that she looks like the obvious demote and hopefully she bring Reposition into the colorless pool to make it somewhat slightly less bad. Astram is coming for free in the next GHB. Hopefully he bring Mercurius with him to complete the Regalias of Archanea along with some good fodder skills.

Overall I liked what I saw. I like that Archanea got attention for once and I will probably have to wait two more years before I see another one. I really would like Phina, Nagi and Sirius but I think I will just spend my free tickets on green and hope for Nagi. The rest I can try for later.

Edited by NSSKG151

My thoughts on the banner (about time Archanea got a New Heroes banner):

Phina: another sword infantry dancer. Cool Prf in the Rapier but it comes down to her 160 BST stat allocation that Dancer Berkut had set recently

Sirius: another lance cavalier. He'll have stiff competition from Peri and Oscar for sure.

Norne: apparent 4/5* demote (and if she does demote, Reposition fodder in colorless pool!); boring kit (weapon is already available in the 3/4* pool; Brazens that don't boost Atk are typically not very popular; Spd/Def Link has already been grail-available months ago).

Nagi: she tries to be anti-AR-meta by having a Prf that reduces incoming AoE special damage as well as having TA over colorless units. Too bad she's yet another green dragon armor.

Bantu: 3/4 available already - wow! Another 40 red flowers and 6K feathers if I get him randomly! Wonder how he stacks up against Garon and Tiki.

Astram: most probably another sword infantry unit but I will gladly accept free 40 red flowers and 8K feathers (2K from his Infernal map and 6K from HM). I'm expecting some "heads will roll" quotes.

Overall: seems to be an easy skip overall.

7 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I hope Camus isn’t a sign that alts are coming back to New Heroes banners. For now, Banutu softens the blow, but they really could have had Midia there instead.

I wouldn't call them bringing in Sirius as bad as some of the other stuff they've done. At least he's an actual character in the game.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Nagi is also random as fuck. Not really important. Shows up if you killed Tiki and lost Falchion. So you have to put some effort into her. She still makes her way into the game before several other characters, including Elice and Nyna. The fuck.

1. Looks like the very familiar Tiki and Naga.
  2. Is female.
  3. Is Breath.

$$$

3 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I hope Camus isn’t a sign that alts are coming back to New Heroes banners.

Sirius is a canon, justifable alt. Sirius exists in FE3 a playable unit, and he has reasons for donning the mask. He isn't something like Adrift Corrin or Flying Olivia or Flying Nino which FEH invented out of practically nothing. Zelgius would have been fine too, but he just came too soon for that.

Astram should probably be getting Mercurius. Since in the War of Heroes (FE3 Book 2/FE12), Hardin gave him the Mercurius as a badge of honor as one of Archanea's elite soldiers. Nobody else but FE1 Marth and maaaaybe Est would have any connection to it.

If Astram is GHB, then it should be FE3 Chapter 16- Reclaiming the Capital, that gets referenced, because it is his joining chapter there, in the game where he is more prominent. Other options would be SD Chapter 13- The Wooden Cavalry, the first fight he appears and joins in (in which case, expect archers). Or it could be FE3 C7, 8, or 9, all of which feature him as an unrecruitable, but very threatening enemy whose pack of deadly Heroes will move on you eventually, and kill you unless you're very overleveled.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  2. Is female.
  3. Is Breath.

$$$

Yeah, that's the issue. When young Tiki already has four versions of herself into the game, including a legendary form and one of the stupidest, most unnecessary alts in the game (Fallen Tiki) getting another Archanea dragon that has some "connection" to Tiki and resembles her and Nagi physically just makes me cynical. Which is a shame, since Nagi's smug ass smirk is pretty amusing. Also, they're spamming dragons way too much nowadays. I'm just sick of all of them at this point.

Can we talk about how insultingly bad Sable Lance is

16 MT

Slayer

4/4 solo

Refined Slayer

16 MT

Slayer

3/3 

Refined Slayer stats

14 MT

Slayer

9/5 or 5/9

This is basically the age old Distant Counter weapon is bad because Slayer exists but more straightforward. The ONLY reason i'd forgive this is because its very lore compliant, it have solid effect if it would get refine in the future, and if this ended up being Gradivus Refine

The fact that this garbotrash is introduced alongside monster weapon like Rapier is ridiculous

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  2. Is female.
  3. Is Breath.

$$$

Sirius is a canon, justifable alt. Sirius exists in FE3 a playable unit, and he has reasons for donning the mask. He isn't something like Adrift Corrin or Flying Olivia or Flying Nino which FEH invented out of practically nothing. Zelgius would have been fine too, but he just came too soon for that.

They also both have CYL3 results to back them up (Nagi had 1,568 votes in CYL3 while Sirius had 1,778 votes), which is probably part of the reason they were picked. Nyna, meanwhile, was a bit behind Sirius and Nagi in the pecking order while Elice didn't hit 1k votes.

Oh hey, Archanea! About time we got more characters from there!

Phina having Rapier is a pretty interesting weapon choice for her, I wonder if it'll be inheritable. I like her art a lot, too! I probably won't spend oodles of orbs trying to summon her, but it'd be cool to get her.
Sirius is...underwhelming. If not for that Lull skill, he'd definitely be demoted to the 3/4-star pool. But he gives me hope for Mani Katti Lyn in the future!
Norne is an archer. Yup.
Nagi is a powerful green armored dragon. Never seen THAT before, definitely not! Same as Phina, I won't spend oodles of orbs on her but it'd be cool to get her.
Bantu being added out of nowhere is super cool and I definitely hope this isn't a one-time thing!
Astram better get freaking Mercurius, otherwise it's a slap in his face and the face of the Archanea games. I swear if they give it to freaking Kris...

Overall, a very nice banner! It's super cool to see the Marth games FINALLY getting some attention, with five six new characters.

Ahhhhh why does IntSys keep refusing to give me Nyna? So close, yet so far... 😓

That said, I'm going to chuck some Orbs at Phina and Nagi(!) for sure. I'm honestly 110% surprised that Nagi isn't voiced by 

Spoiler

Mela Lee as well, especially considering how much the Archanea games tried to set her up as the reincarnation of Naga.

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I thought you are a huge Archanae fan. 

Well, I am! But there are better banners that I prefer to save orbs.

I don't have any of the 3 red heroes in the September's Mythic banner, and more Yunes would be nice.

Brave Lucina will return next month in a 4% banner, and I want at least one copy.

And who knows when Claude will appear again, especially now that a "Heroes with Lull Skills" banner is possible.

And to be fair, I didn't use most of the units in this banner. Never used Norne, because in Shadow Dragon is was only available if you some units in the prologue and in New Mystery I alrady had Gordin and Ryan. I don't remember of using a dancer in New Mystery, and Nagi was available to late in the game, so I also never used her. Sirius is the one one that I like as a character, but I don't need another cavalry lance unit right now.

13 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I wouldn't call them bringing in Sirius as bad as some of the other stuff they've done. At least he's an actual character in the game.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Zelgius is a similar case and he preceded a long line of gratiutious alts. With how conservative IS have been (even this year the banners that aren’t beasts/TH have relied on a female dragon) I can’t help but feel this is testing the waters. 

I have a strong aversion for non-canon alts but have none for Sirius nor am I concerned about him starting a trend. 

Zelgius not wearing his red armor did leave a bitter taste in my mouth though.  I still don't get it. 

I hope they don't do this 4* thing too much with new characters. It will make them harder to get, I feel like. Like I don't want them to start doing this with Catherine or Shamir. Hope it's just smaller characters. Anyways, I'm saving my orbs, so I'll just do a free pull. Don't know who yet....but I may get lucky haha.

By the way ... is Norne the first dancer in the regular pool to get an exclusive weapon? Wonder if this is an indicator that regular Olivia, regular Azura, regular Ninian, Silvia, and Lene may get weapon refines someday.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

By the way ... is Norne the first dancer in the regular pool to get an exclusive weapon? Wonder if this is an indicator that regular Olivia, regular Azura, regular Ninian, Silvia, and Lene may get weapon refines someday.

Phina. And Flying Olivia has one

Just now, redlight said:

Phina. And Flying Olivia has one

Phina, yeah. Don't know why I said Norne. And right, I forgot flying Olivia existed. But that one's also an alt, so bit of an odd case, I guess. I think all the alts have been introduced with a personal weapon.

Also, Bantu's art feels like the guy who did Jagen and Ogma and those guys early on. It'd kind of fit.

I don't know any of these people, especially the mysterious masked man. That's fine though. What's not fine is the boring unit types, Nagi aside. Another sword infantry dancer, another lance cavalier and another infantry archer adds nothing to the game, which to me makes it a complete waste of a banner. I consider alts that have the exact same weapon and move type combo as their original forms to be particularly egregious. So yeah, just any greens on the first round and done.

Canon ruins everything.