New Heroes - The Chosen Ones (Archanea Banner)

NoirCore

Hey, new FE3 people, and Nagi and Norne too! Well, I guess Sirius isn't really new, but w/e. Also, Bantu and Astram are coming too!

I haven't been playing FEH for the last month or two, as I don't really have the time or inclination to play it anymore. so not sure if this will get me to play again, but who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: Also, as Phina has her rapier again, it's interesting to see IS is continuing to "undo" some of the silly changes FE12 made to FE3. Like when Echoes used the old functions of the Star Shards.

Edited by Robert of Normandy

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FINALLY ANOTHER ARCHANEA BANNER! God it felt so bizarre that Archanea had only ever gotten one dedicated banner until now, despite being, oh you know, THE ORIGIN OF FIRE EMBLEM!

No Julian and Lena on here sadly, BUT PHINA! PHINA IS LIKE MY FAVORITE DANCER! I MUST HAVE HER! XP

Also, I hope Bantu's inclusion as an immediate 3/4 Star Hero leads this to being a way for some of the less popular characters from each game to be added.

9 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I really wish that Bantu was green instead of red. I already have ATiki as a red breath. 

I need blue and green breaths, but nothing will ever convince me to use a dragon loli, and the rest are all 5 star exclusive.

Bantu's a Fire Dragon. Why would he be anything but red?

14 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Bantu's a Fire Dragon. Why would he be anything but red?

Oh, I get it. But lack of dragon diversity is a serious bummer. 

And unfortunately, even if we get Dragon Laguz, I imagine the situation will only marginally improve. Nasir would be blue or green (I'm hoping for Green because I could just use FCorrin to fill blue), but Ena, Kurthnaga, Gareth, and Dheginsea would all fit into Red.

Edited by Etheus

39 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Oh, I get it. But lack of dragon diversity is a serious bummer. 

And unfortunately, even if we get Dragon Laguz, I imagine the situation will only marginally improve. Nasir would be blue or green (I'm hoping for Green because I could just use FCorrin to fill blue), but Ena, Kurthnaga, Gareth, and Dheginsea would all fit into Red.

I was more so thinking Nasir would be blue, Ena would be colorless, Kurthnaga and Dheginsea would be green, and Gareth would be red if we ever got a Goldoan Dragons banner. Alternatively, Nasir could be colorless and Ena could be blue

Edited by Gregster101

10 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I was more so thinking Nasir would be blue, Ena would be colorless, Kurthnaga and Dheginsea would be green, and Gareth would be red if we ever got a Goldoan Dragons banner. Alternatively, Nasir could be colorless and Ena could be blue

I don't know about all that, but I see Dheginsea being mythic, Kurthnaga being 5 star exclusive, Ena being the banner selling 5 star exclusive waifu, Almedha being added in as a green breath because we can't have a male majority banner ever, Gareth demoting to no one's surprise, and Nasir being a GHB.

And I'm kind of hoping for that because Nasir is the only one I want, and I'd love to make him a merge project.

Edited by Etheus

It's about time. I'm just mad this banner came right after Brave Heroes and dancers when I spent all my orbs 😭 

Glad we got Phina and Sirius. Navarre will no longer have to be alone!

Norne is great too but not drawing because obvious demote is obvious. 

Eh on Nagi. Glad she's in but don't need her. 

Happy for Astram because we'll finally be getting Mercurius. Feels so weird that we've gone so long without it, especially with Gradivus, Parthia and Hauteclare having been in for so long. 

Also echoing peoples happiness about Bantu coming in as 3/4*. Tbh he doesn't deserve a five star level, and this could lead to units releasing faster, which would be gr8.

Solid character choices. Bantu is the one I'm most excited about, and being another 3-4* is really nice. I hope it becomes a frequent thing.

Nothing I need here, but Nagi's raven breath is neat. I might go for her eventually. I don't like her art though.

I don't think Sirius is a sign of a return to the first half of 2018, he's just a sensible inclusion. Zelgius only has a case to fit in that group because he had his black armor rather than his usual red, while this is just normal Sirius.

19 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I don't know about all that, but I see Dheginsea being mythic, Kurthnaga being 5 star exclusive, Ena being the banner selling 5 star exclusive waifu, Almedha being added in as a green breath because we can't have a male majority banner ever, Gareth demoting to no one's surprise, and Nasir being a GHB.

And I'm kind of hoping for that because Nasir is the only one I want, and I'd love to make him a merge project.

You do realize the Gallia banner was three males, one female, and one male GHB right? We can have a male majority banner with Kurthnaga, Nasir, Ena, and Gareth. I do agree that Dheginsea is more likely to be a Mythic though. Almedha I don't see being included whatsoever since she's specifically unable to transform into a dragon anymore

19 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

You do realize the Gallia banner was three males, one female, and one male GHB right? We can have a male majority banner with Kurthnaga, Nasir, Ena, and Gareth. I do agree that Dheginsea is more likely to be a Mythic though. Almedha I don't see being included whatsoever since she's specifically unable to transform into a dragon anymore

Right. But Gallia really didn't have much in the way of alternatives, unless you include Lyre... and the idea of including Lethe and Diet Lethe at the same time is a laugh and a half.

Also, I cannot for the life of me remember who the GHB for Gallia was.

Edited by Etheus

Still really tempted for Nagi. After that I still wish for Mila and I have all Dragons I want in the game. 

Just the feeling that Tatiana is really far away now is a bit salt. I can't imagine that they pull of another Camus alt so fast. Unless they make an Echoes Banner with Tatiana and without Zeke. But that feels a bit unfulfilled. And there is also Silque who has a bigger chance as an Echoes Healer.

3 hours ago, Etheus said:

I need blue and green breaths, but nothing will ever convince me to use a dragon loli, and the rest are all 5 star exclusive.

You could use Ninian or M!Kana. Ninian's too old to be a loli and M!Kana is too male to be a loli. There's Naga, too, and now Nagi.

Speaking of Nagi, DANG that dragonstone. Y'know, just giving her the buff against AoE attacks would've been enough to make it unique... I doubt it'll be inheritable. It's pretty gosh darn impressive, though. Still, I'm not pulling for her. I'm happiest about BANTUUUUU! From the start, he was one of my most-wanted, and now he's finally in the game! And as a red dragonstone user, which was my ideal! =D I'm so happy.

Awakening spoilers below:

Spoiler

And I guess Nagi is Naga Tiki, huh? Wearing Tiki's crown and features (hair/face/etc) and Naga's outfit from Awakening. Plus there's that Future Past episode where she becomes the new Naga. And, well, the name being a combination of "Naga" and "Tiki." Think she was warped back in time or something? Would explain the memory loss, since that's what happened with Robin.

5 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I doubt it'll be inheritable.

It doesn't have a + at then end of its name as a 5* weapon, so it wouldn't be inheritable in the first place.

Anyway, my pessimistic self feels like Bantu being a 3* to 4* off-focus unit means they might use this as a way to not demote units from regular new heroes banners anymore. They would have no reason to demote anyone if they're already putting a lower rarity unit or in a way, a demote, into the summoning pool with the new heroes.

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

You could use Ninian or M!Kana. Ninian's too old to be a loli and M!Kana is too male to be a loli. There's Naga, too, and now Nagi.

Speaking of Nagi, DANG that dragonstone. Y'know, just giving her the buff against AoE attacks would've been enough to make it unique... I doubt it'll be inheritable. It's pretty gosh darn impressive, though. Still, I'm not pulling for her. I'm happiest about BANTUUUUU! From the start, he was one of my most-wanted, and now he's finally in the game! And as a red dragonstone user, which was my ideal! =D I'm so happy.

Awakening spoilers below:

Hide contents

And I guess Nagi is Naga Tiki, huh? Wearing Tiki's crown and features (hair/face/etc) and Naga's outfit from Awakening. Plus there's that Future Past episode where she becomes the new Naga. And, well, the name being a combination of "Naga" and "Tiki." Think she was warped back in time or something? Would explain the memory loss, since that's what happened with Robin.

That's covered by "the rest all being 5 star exclusive." Though if the weekly revival banners ever rerun, I may try rolling for a 5*10 Ninian.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

That's covered by "the rest all being 5 star exclusive." Though if the weekly revival banners ever rerun, I may try rolling for a 5*10 Ninian.

Ah, true...except for M!Kana. He's a grails unit. Also, Ninian is a free unit; you can earn her by going through the "Heroes Path" stuff.

Finally! It's been too long since Archanea got a banner~ I'm a little disappointed there's no Xane but Bantu and Feena is here so it's all good. 

I don't need another dancer, let alone a red one, but I like Feena :D. I've accepted my fate when it comes to swords, there's never too many. There's still a few sword units I'd like to see in FEH.

If the mythic/legendary hero doesn't interest me, I'll definitely pull on this banner. 

30 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Still really tempted for Nagi. After that I still wish for Mila and I have all Dragons I want in the game. 

Just the feeling that Tatiana is really far away now is a bit salt. I can't imagine that they pull of another Camus alt so fast. Unless they make an Echoes Banner with Tatiana and without Zeke. But that feels a bit unfulfilled. And there is also Silque who has a bigger chance as an Echoes Healer.

Yeah that's the only thing that annoys me with Sirius. It does lower the chance of Tatiana being added anytime soon cuz I doubt they would give Camus another alt so quickly after Sirius (not that I was expecting Tatiana to be on the next Echoes banner anyway, but still)

@ChickenBits Also, Xane would require a huge update to Heroes in order to be added. You can't just add him as a dragon unit because his entire gimmick is being able to transform into anything but a dragon.

Edited by Gregster101

8 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Yeah that's the only thing that annoys me with Sirius. It does lower the chance of Tatiana being added anytime soon cuz I doubt they would give Camus another alt so quickly after Sirius (not that I was expecting Tatiana to be on the next Echoes banner anyway, but still)

@ChickenBits Also, Xane would require a huge update to Heroes in order to be added. You can't just add him as a dragon unit because his entire gimmick is being able to transform into anything but a dragon.

Which is why I am pretty sure Xane would never be added. He's so mechanically foreign to the game, and there is no way to implement him in a satisfying way without giving him triangle advantage against everyone.

Perhaps that would be the way to do it? Have him automatically change his weapon and appearance to a sword, axe, or lance user depending on who he is facing. And universal WTA would be his only weapon effect (and would still potentially be overpowered).

Edited by Etheus

6 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Which is why I am pretty sure Xane would never be added. He's so mechanically foreign to the game, and there is no way to implement him in a satisfying way without giving him triangle advantage against everyone.

Perhaps that would be the way to do it? Have him automatically change his weapon and appearance to a sword, axe, or lance user depending on who he is facing. And universal WTA would be his only weapon effect (and would still potentially be overpowered).

You wanna know something I just realized? They could add Xane and his shapeshifting mechanic into Heroes...just so they could have an excuse to release another Loki alt X(