New Heroes - The Chosen Ones (Archanea Banner)

NoirCore

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

You wanna know something I just realized? They could add Xane and his shapeshifting mechanic into Heroes...just so they could have an excuse to release another Loki alt X(

I try to forget about Loki. She marks the fall of Heroes' storytelling from promising to Norse fanfiction. Book 2 was a disaster.

2 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

@Etheus @Gregster101

He's my favourite FE character so I'll still hope for him but yeah, his unique mechanics don't translate well into Heroes. 

They could go the lazy route and make him a dragon but that would be so boring. 

Did you not see what I said? Xane can transform into anything but a dragon. He can't be a dragon unit.

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I try to forget about Loki. She marks the fall of Heroes' storytelling from promising to Norse fanfiction. Book 2 was a disaster.

Loki is a mistake.

2 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Did you not see what I said? Xane can transform into anything but a dragon. He can't be a dragon unit.

Loki is a mistake.

Whoops, I didn't read that part lol. Yeah, I have no idea how they would implement Xane in :< 

I don't care much about most of these of the units or their skills. DC is an exception and so is lul Atk spd as it is one of the best B slots I could give Naga and definitely what I would do Sirius if I ever got him, unfortunately my budget does not allow summoning for fodder, so I will wait for a lul banner to focus on him completely and gather some orbs. 

I will spend my free summons, tickets and story orbs for green to get Nagi, as she could be a nice teamate for Caineghis, she will also complete my "naga's girls" team (Naga, fallen Tiki, legendary Julia so far), and depending on how she turns out I could even use her on the dragon squad. I am also excited for bantu as I am lacking a lot in red or green dragons (my only ones are Nah which I am not the biggest fan of, and a -spd adrift female corrin who is a support bot and uninvested. Also depending on what his skills are, if he isn't a good fodder I could make him my first non grail merge unit. 

As for the GHB, more feathers and dragonflowers are never bad to have. 

3 hours ago, Etheus said:

3 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Loki is a mistake.

I find Loki to be fun. Evil as she may she’s having fun while doing it and I like that. Probably the best villain in heroes thus far if you ask me though that isn’t saying much.

4 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

I mean, he used to have a dragonstone, so they can just be like "this is Xane from 500 years ago and he looks exactly the same because manakete".

Or they could make him a Sword Fighter, like he originally was, preferably with an Assist that mimics his transformation ability somewhat.

13 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

I mean, he used to have a dragonstone, so they can just be like "this is Xane from 500 years ago and he looks exactly the same because manakete".

Or they could make him a Sword Fighter, like he originally was, preferably with an Assist that mimics his transformation ability somewhat.

If Xane ain't a ditto character, what's even the point of putting him into the game?

Archanea got a banner. That's actually kind of shocking. I got spoiled.

Phina's first, being yet another red dancer I bet I'll never pull. She's got the Rapier (REALLY? It's got Vantage and Spd +3 on top of her other goodies), Dance, Spd/Def Form (Alright I guess, I actually understand how it works now) and Geyser Dance. Sirius is voiced by Zeke's VA (HMMMM) and comes with a Sable Lance (Cooldown -1, +4 to all stats when no ally's beside him), Luna, Atk/Spd Solo (Good Fodder) and Lull Atk/Spd (Ignoring Atk/Spd buffs could be horrifying.). Norne arrives I guess and comes with the Guard Bow (It's in the pool!), Reposition (Neat), Brazen Spd/Def (which is new) and Spd/Def Link, I want her to demote but I honestly doubt it. We finish on Nagi who's decided to be green (GIMME), being armoured and having Ethereal Breath (-1 cooldown, dragon effective, raven effect, reduces damage from AoE effects by 80%), Sol, DC, Special Fighter (So she'll be quick) and Dragon Valour). So all in all, Nagi seems to be the best news what with her FUCK OPHELIA build. Which is what I would say if we didn't also get Bantu in the 3-4* pool, that's probably the coolest thing about this banner. Give me more!

Also, Astram's the GHB. So wait, no Midia or Nyna? Weird.

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

lul Atk spd as it is one of the best B slots I could give Naga and definitely what I would do Sirius if I ever got him

Did you mean someone else? Lulls are locked to horse/infantry, armor/fliers can't learn it.

I'm digging Norne's stat spread if she gets demoted. Offensively, it isn't too much better than most of our current f2p offerings, but her all-around high stats and status as a colorless unit means that she'll be really strong all around with merges, dragon flowers, and premium investment.

Also "Cam-oo guess who it is"? Pretty funny NoA.

Edited by FoxyGrandpa

All I'm getting out of the Tips and Tricks video is that they really do not know how to market.

Oh boy we now know that Norne is an utterly Decent archer, Phina has applicable offensive use, Sirius just looks like Brave Eliwood (with more natural Spd but less Atk, focus on being alone rather than Player Phase, and no effective damage), and Nagi is Armor-spread min-maxed to hell and back, which is not the impression of her I got from comparing her to Tiki in their original games (basically just Tiki but minus the chance to grow properly in levels).

Great! Awesome! So... what about Ban-Ban? We know he has Dragon Fang, which added 23 damage to his attack, and has what looks like Dark Breath but IMO seems a different shade of purple (not discounting that it just looks different on my phone).
I really should not be more curious and intrigued by the 3*/4* unit than the four units who are supposed to be the money-makers...

Edited by Xenomata

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Great! Awesome! So... what about Ban-Ban? We know he has Dragon Fang, which added 23 damage to his attack, and has what looks like Dark Breath but IMO seems a different shade of purple (not discounting that it just looks different on my phone).

I really should not be more curious and intrigued by the 3*/4* unit than the four units who are supposed to be the money-makers...

Likewise, all I care about is Bantu. It's okay. He's the first manakete, after all.

10 minutes ago, redlight said:

Meet the Heroes has been updated. I can confirm that the sword that Astram's sprite is wielding is very similar to Mercurius's design.

Thank goodness. Been looking forward to Mercurius.

Now we can only hope they don't screw it up. GHB's don't have the best track record with Prf's (looking at you Imhullu and Naglfar)

12 minutes ago, redlight said:

Meet the Heroes has been updated. I can confirm that the sword that Astram's sprite is wielding is very similar to Mercurius's design.

Well you know that, and Sharena outright says he wields Mercurius. So yay, a boring-ass Sword Infantry GHB!

They wouldn't have chosen Astram if it hadn't been for completing the Archenean Regalia so of course he's coming with it.

I was under the impression they were waiting to put the Mercurius on Kris (or as Ogma's new weapon but he got something else) and would never release Astram but here he is. 

16 hours ago, Azuni said:

Did you mean someone else? Lulls are locked to horse/infantry, armor/fliers can't learn it.

Ohhhh I totally forgot it, thanks for reminding me as I would pull a useless (for my needs) unit, as offensively B.Eliwood outclasses him and none other will want his skills. 

Phina looks awesome with that stateline, I don't care about Sirius now that the confusion is out of the way. Also Nagi looks amazing and with aether, Armor March, QR and her base kit she will be unstoppable, also she will have a super boon (hopefully a Def or res one) .

About norne, is she trainee or more stats and Powercreep? Could this be a reason to have her as a pity breaker in the 5* pool and not demote her, considering that Bantu is a new 3/4* after all.

About Bantu, will he have B.Alms BST (173) or 168 that most infantries have, same question applies for Astram (Mercurius is finally in the game). 

Edited by SuperNova125

7 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Thank goodness. Been looking forward to Mercurius.

Now we can only hope they don't screw it up. GHB's don't have the best track record with Prf's (looking at you Imhullu and Naglfar)

Mercurius has been the worst of the Regalia though since FE11.

• FE1, it is Marth-locked with a neato growths boost effect, the growth boost would be good, were it not for Marth already or likely approaching the level cap. And Marth-lock is so-so, because Marth doesn't need it, but he is the best unit in the entire game. Gradivus and Parthia being usable on other people might give them an edge.
  • FE3, it is as good as any other Regalia. Since all of them here have 20 Mt, 100 Hit and double EXP gain. No 1-2 range like Gradivus, but half the weight with a few more uses.
  • FE11- Strongest non-effective/Devil sword in the game by 7 points. But Swords are a little weak in this game, and effective bonuses are really good. Gradivus has 1 more Mt, 1-2 range, and a full heal effect. Parthia's Pure Water effect is weak, but it does have more availability than the Mercurius. Hauteclere has tremendous availability, and is just as strong as Mercurius in a better weapon type.
  • FE12- Still no effect on Mercurius, Parthia has a lot more usefulness against all the Wyverns in Anri's Way. Hauteclere has the same availability lead.
  • FE13- The strongest sword around, but only by 2 points. No secondary effect. Ragnell trounces it in the sword department because 1-2 range is invaluable in Awakening. Gradivus, with 1-2 range is faaaaar better too. Hauteclere got a buff as well, making it better than Mercurius in the 1-locked range category.
  • FE15- The WORST MERCURIUS EVER! Gradivus has a 1-2 range niche, which isn't very useful, but a fast yet more fragile Gold/Falcon Knight can use this to avoid counters on against a 1 range enemy. Parthia has Trance Shot for the longest attack range in the game. Mercurius has nothing special to it. A fully upgraded Blessed Sword has 15 Mt against Terrors, which is better than the Mercurius's 11 Mt with its upgrade. And, to make a full-strength Mercurius, you need 30 Silver and a whopping 9 Gold! It's a colossal waste of forge resources.

-Haven't played 3H yet.

So, Mercurius, if it wants to be good again, will have to be more than an 20/18 Mt no secondary effects sword. It'll need some good damage-buff skills imbued in it.