New Heroes - The Chosen Ones (Archanea Banner)

NoirCore

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Mercurius has been the worst of the Regalia though since FE11.

• FE1, it is Marth-locked with a neato growths boost effect, the growth boost would be good, were it not for Marth already or likely approaching the level cap. And Marth-lock is so-so, because Marth doesn't need it, but he is the best unit in the entire game. Gradivus and Parthia being usable on other people might give them an edge.
  • FE3, it is as good as any other Regalia. Since all of them here have 20 Mt, 100 Hit and double EXP gain. No 1-2 range like Gradivus, but half the weight with a few more uses.
  • FE11- Strongest non-effective/Devil sword in the game by 7 points. But Swords are a little weak in this game, and effective bonuses are really good. Gradivus has 1 more Mt, 1-2 range, and a full heal effect. Parthia's Pure Water effect is weak, but it does have more availability than the Mercurius. Hauteclere has tremendous availability, and is just as strong as Mercurius in a better weapon type.
  • FE12- Still no effect on Mercurius, Parthia has a lot more usefulness against all the Wyverns in Anri's Way. Hauteclere has the same availability lead.
  • FE13- The strongest sword around, but only by 2 points. No secondary effect. Ragnell trounces it in the sword department because 1-2 range is invaluable in Awakening. Gradivus, with 1-2 range is faaaaar better too. Hauteclere got a buff as well, making it better than Mercurius in the 1-locked range category.
  • FE15- The WORST MERCURIUS EVER! Gradivus has a 1-2 range niche, which isn't very useful, but a fast yet more fragile Gold/Falcon Knight can use this to avoid counters on against a 1 range enemy. Parthia has Trance Shot for the longest attack range in the game. Mercurius has nothing special to it. A fully upgraded Blessed Sword has 15 Mt against Terrors, which is better than the Mercurius's 11 Mt with its upgrade. And, to make a full-strength Mercurius, you need 30 Silver and a whopping 9 Gold! It's a colossal waste of forge resources.

-Haven't played 3H yet.

So, Mercurius, if it wants to be good again, will have to be more than an 20/18 Mt no secondary effects sword. It'll need some good damage-buff skills imbued in it.

Just because it wasn't good in the last few games it appeared in doesn't mean it didn't deserve to be in Heroes. I was interested in Astram being added at some point or another simply so we could have all the Regalia in Heroes.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Astram: Midia's Hero
Illustrator: AKIRA
Voice Actor: Jamison Boaz
Infantry Sword
1 7 2 B S T
Weapon - Mercurius:  Grants Atk+3. At start of turn, if unit's HP ≥ 50%, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 to unit and sword, lance, axe, bow, dagger, or beast allies within 2 spaces for 1 turn. (Bonus granted to unit even if no allies are within 2 spaces.)
Glowing Ember
Wind Boost 3 (4 star )
Wrath 3 (5 star )

Bantu: Tiki's Guardian
Infantry, Red Breath
Dark Breath+
Dragon Gaze
Fierce Stance 3 (4 star )
Savage Blow 3 (5 star )

Bantu gets veteran penalty, but he's still 168 BST.

Despite my disdain for his unit type, he's definitely worth promoting as a TT buff-bot. Shame it won't work for blade mages but hey, can't have everything. Some weird anti-synergy with Wrath though. Also looks nice so there's that.

No indication on whether he comes with Ignis or Bonfire is weird.

Full stats, courtesy this subreddit post:

1864hn96chn31.png

BST:

• Norne: 168
  • Sirius: 162
  • Nagi: 179
  • Bantu: 168
  • Astram: 172
  • Phina: 161

Superassets:

• Norne: None
  • Sirius: None
  • Nagi: Def, Res
  • Bantu: Res
  • Phina: Def, Res

Superflaws:

• Norne: Res
  • Sirius: HP, Res
  • Nagi: HP
  • Bantu: Spd
  • Phina: None

Spoiler

Stat Spreads for Astram and Bantu: 

Astram: 44 / 35 /36 / 36 / 21

Bantu: 45 / 34 / 28 / 35 / 26

While I'm mixed on his prf, I love Astram's stat spread. He's basically Black Knight with 2 movement.

Expected Bantu to have veteran penalty, but his stat spread is still decent. He's basically a red version of Nowi, and comes with decent fodder as well for F2P players.

EDIT: So apparently Bantu is a gen 3 infantry, not a gen 4 veteran. Still a dick move on IS's part since it has the same effect and screws him over in the end.

Edited by FoxyGrandpa

Astram actually looks cool. 😮

And I also feel like Harken from FE7 stole his look. They look a lot alike imo. And if I'm guessing this right, they're both of the Hero class too. 😕

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Astram actually looks cool. 😮

And I also feel like Harken from FE7 stole his look. They look a lot alike imo.

I think that was intentional. Harken's love in FE7 is Isadora, who is based off of Midia, so it only makes sense that Harken is based off of Astram.

Just now, FoxyGrandpa said:

I think that was intentional. Harken's love in FE7 is Isadora, who is based off of Midia, so it only makes sense that Harken is based off of Astram.

I see. Guess that does make sense then. I always thought Harken was kinda cool, but now to know he just rips off a past character...is a bit disappointing. But that's not a big deal to me, I was never an Elibe fan overall anyway. xP

Isn't Ephraim basically lance Hector in personality lol

Also, the new BST is ridiculous. It's silly how characters who were added into the game early, who also happen to be big fan favorites, are pretty sucky nowadays because they were added so early and FEH has gone nuts with powercreep. At the very least, characters like Lyn and Young Tiki should be demoted out of 5-star.

13 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Sylvain is a Sain rip-off.

This is Sain slander. He's nowhere near as obnoxious of a jerk that Sylvain is.

--------------

Veteran penalties was a mistake. Why they gotta screw over Bantu like that? His stat is still pretty decent though aside from his annoying spd stat.

Astram with Wrath?! Glad I stayed strong and didn't fodder nephenee or karla to lyn. This is a much more preferable alternative for me. Can't wait to see what other units might get some attention now that there's some easily obtainable wrath.

Edited by NegativeExponents-
Astram is not Harken

Spoiler

OK so based off of Lvl 1 stats Bantu doesn't get BST penalty. He seems to be considered gen 3.

Call me crazy, but I think this gen infantry dragons are in the 165-169 range and armors 175-179. Infantry non-dragon meeles are 170-174 and armors 180-184

Edited by redlight

4 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

This is Sain slander. He's nowhere near as obnoxious of a jerk that Sylvain is.

Trying my best to rile her up.

I once called Frederick a Kent rip-off and got a mouthful for it.

I wonder how Fred feels now that he's been dumped for the newer guy, by the way. 

...Seriously, people? 🤨

12 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I once called Frederick a Kent rip-off and got a mouthful for it.

I don't even remember this... Nor do I remember you for that matter. But then again, my memory hasn't been what it used to lately. I blame stress.

By the way, I really like Sain too, plus unlike with Harken and Astram there's no physical resemblance, so using him and Sylvain as a comparison doesn't really work anyway. Sylvain simply dethroned him as best womanizer.

12 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I wonder how Fred feels now that he's been dumped for the newer guy, by the way. 

Hahaha... Funny. Seriously, this made me laugh. Sorry your plan to "rile me up" backfired. Because I'm laughing, not annoyed.

I didn't know I wasn't allowed to like more than one male character though. And apparently I never "dumped" Ike when Frederick first came along either, so... 😛

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

By the way, I really like Sain too, plus unlike with Harken and Astram there's no physical resemblance, so using him and Sylvain as a comparison doesn't really work anyway. Sylvain simply dethroned him as best womanizer.

Easily since Sain actually doesn't seem to ever get the woman.

Sylvain's real competition is probably Saul. Dude enjoyed a lot of success.

Don't most Fire Emblem characters take personalities traits or base their appearances on characters from older games? It's pretty much happens in any long running series and why Fire Emblem has so many archetypes characters.

Edited by NSSKG151

Just now, Vince777 said:

Easily since Sain actually doesn't seem to ever get the woman.

Sylvain's real competition is probably Saul. Dude enjoyed a lot of success.

Sain can get with Fiora or Rebecca though. ...Even if admittedly, his pairing with Rebecca is terribly done imo.

I can't say anything about Saul. Never played FE6. But this is getting way off topic. I think Astram looks cool, so I'm gonna get him and 5 star him sometime...even if infantry sword is boring these days. lol

1 minute ago, NSSKG151 said:

Don't most Fire Emblem characters take personalities traits or base their appearances on characters from older games? It's pretty much happens in long running series and why Fire Emblem has so many archetypes characters.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean a character has to basically look like a clone of another. xP

This is pretty much just another powercreep banner. That being said all the units are crazy powerful. Offensive Dancer with OP stats and Built-in Vantage Rapier making Gen 1 units look like Gen 0 units. Sirius isn't blowing my mind, but his fodder is great and Lull ATK/SPD ensures he'll blow up pretty much anyone he attacks without too much recoil towards him. Norne... is the demote, but Reposition in the colorless pool is cool and she comes with a Brazen. She's not a bad choice if you want to build up a +10 I suppose. And Nagi is just busted. Blatant Ophelia counter with DC and Special Fighter for sustained Sol Healing. 

I have a million greens, I don't have particular need for any of these units and I don't have orbs for fodder after wasting them all for a basically 5.00% rate on the dancer banner because this game really hates giving me dancers. Still I'll use the tickets so there's that. Bantu is alright also, having a new A skill in the 3-4* pool is nice. Ok but the real star of this update...

Spoiler

Astram has me crazy conflicted. On one hand FINALLY WRATH FODDER FOR MY LYN. So many people in my barracks want Wrath.... to have free Wrath is incredible and on top of it it's just another red sword infantry giving it. On the other hand I'm really liking Astram and want to build him. His design is beast (reminds me of Harken) his stats are stellar and his weapon is pretty freaking good.

40 SPD at the start of every turn with near 60 ATK without an A skill and then built in Wrath with incredibly high DEF and HP for safe procs and reliable doubles. I don't need a single additional red sword and he's really appealing. Which leaves me with 2 Wrath fodders. One being for Lyn and the other... it'll be tough deciding. Such good fodder... I wish I had orbs and hadn't wasted them so I could just spend on fodder.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sain can get with Fiora or Rebecca though. ...Even if admittedly, his pairing with Rebecca is terribly done imo.

I can't say anything about Saul. Never played FE6. But this is getting way off topic. I think Astram looks cool, so I'm gonna get him and 5 star him sometime...even if infantry sword is boring these days. lol

Yeah, but that doesn't mean a character has to basically look like a clone of another. xP

I think I just find Saul funnier because he's a priest of St Elimine's church and I was raised Catholic.

A womanizing priest is just hilarious and counter-nature. I'm sad that no one ever talks about him. 

I should collect quotes from Inigo, Saul, Sain, Sylvain and Bastian and make a thread asking who's got the best pick ups/game. 

(well it's Bastian. Lucia is just the hardest to get woman in the world)

Edited by Vince777

mmh... knowing intsys, i was ready to bet that astram would've had 171 bst, just to make impossible for him to hit 175 bst with his first merge

anyway, his statline is really really good, and bantu's nice as well

Edited by Yexin

Spoiler

Bantu's speed is a little low, but that makes sense. He's been around for a very, very long time if he's reached the twilight of his life and, well, he's a dragon. (It took Tiki, like, 1000 years to grow up...) He's allowed to take his time a bit more. His res is a tad low, too. Other than that, he's not bad! 😃

I just spent 90 orbs so that Astram could get Bonus Doubler. Managed to snag Idunn and Quan along the way. I guess more Fortress def/res is good, but Quan is kind of a bad pitybreaker.

Spoiler

But yeah. Bonus Doubler on Astram is a no brained if you want to go all out on fodder because of his physical buff on himself and allies. I wish he didn't get wrath tho he could do well against blue units with it if he has Bonus Doubler active. Why couldn't it have been Rutger with wrath. REEEEEEEEE

Edited by redlight