Forging Bonds: A Time to Shine! (Sep 19th)

Diovani Bressan

Absolutely loved Phina's conversations. One dancer didn't work? LOL no problem bro, lemme get another one.

Nagi's were pretty good, too, love that Sharena just brought out all these amnesiacs out to try to help her. Sounds like some new material for @mcsilas's theme clears.

Setsuna being the mystical voice was so funny considering how spacey she actually sounds, that was a clever inside joke.

This Forging Bonds event is like a compilation of people's made up support convos between characters from different games, but isn't just written with the express goal of making said characters bang because the writer isn't inserting himself into one of them.

In other words, it's really quite good. We've come a fair way since the days of Kiran creeping on the dreams of the Nifl siblings. 

On 9/21/2019 at 10:04 AM, Landmaster said:

Absolutely loved Phina's conversations. One dancer didn't work? LOL no problem bro, lemme get another one.

Nagi's were pretty good, too, love that Sharena just brought out all these amnesiacs out to try to help her. Sounds like some new material for @mcsilas's theme clears.

Setsuna being the mystical voice was so funny considering how spacey she actually sounds, that was a clever inside joke.

I loved it when Deirdre showed up in Nagi's support, only to be followed by the amnesiac tacticians. Even funnier was I recently obtained Deirdre and Nagi in the same week so it gave me a good chuckle.

As soon as I saw the mysterious voice who talked about archery Setsuna's trap-finding skills came into mind. She was actually really wholesome to Norne and I really appreciate that, since a lot of her conversations are traps but this had a good message.

Really nice to have a Sirius conversation with Alfonse and the Bruno thing, which hasn't been brought up in a while. Oh and Dancers dancing other Dancer's convo is entertaining so far, but I haven't completed it yet. Interesting how they included the other sword dancers that Phina powercreeps heh,

My favourite Forging Bonds so far hands down. More other character interactions please!

I'm just happy anytime the event doesn't pretend be about fighting an enemy army. This one was kinda cute but also somewhat unfulfilling because nothing of value was really learned. Like an episode of a sitcom, really.

Except Alfonse and Sirius. That one came off as just self-indulgent navel gazing to me.

I really liked this Forging Bonds. I like that lots of characters appeared, and getting an explaination for the dancer limitations was pretty cool, even if the explaination was a bit out of the blue. The way it pokes fun at gameplay mechanics makes it entertaining either way. Having all these characters from different games in the series interacting and finding things they have in common (amnesia etc.) is something that could only really happen in Heroes, and it's the sort of content I hope to see more of. I also think it's good that it explores some lighter themes and doesn't stay on serious topics for too long. Whenever these conversations try to be too profound or serious they often end up feeling like something I've heard before and quickly become boring. They should do it sometimes of course, but I think more often focusing silly antics like this suits the game well.

Poor Norne. None of the haughty totty archers will tutor her. Too bad she's not Kiran. These lifeless husks called Heroes would be falling over at the chance to spend time with the player. But the lesson learned with Setsuna was quite sincere. Her natural build is laser focused on countering Legendary Alm but she could never survive a round against him. I should know, I've tried.

Edited by Glennstavos