Do you think Gharnef knew about Grima?

Jotari

14 minutes ago, NobodiePichu said:

hes savy but i wouldnt say caution is actually a prominent trait of gharnef, hes a schemer certainly but he never actually fears medeus, simply doesnt want to share power, and the first time he actually encounters marth he quite fragrantly attacks him before leaving because he has better shit to do. his motivation for taking the darksphere was an overabundance of confidence and ego that was bruised by his mentors decisions, whatever caution he might have had is usually going to be buried under that massive ego. Hell its only after his body is destroyed that he starts showing some caution in regards to marth which is understandable since marths beat him once before and he isnt suppose to be stupid.

as for the sages shield being in place when alm and celica arrive, that is a good point yes though considering its literally a shield that needs to be put in place to manifest the seal i see no reason that the seal couldnt be put back in place if the shield was put back in place, especially by a skilled magician seeking to lock up shop for the day.

Well, if anything, he seemed quite willing to play the waiting game when it came to having Falchion and Elice. There's no indication he intended for her to use the sword. Was he planning to wait for Elice (or more like, force her) to have kids? That would certainly be something.

Considering what the seal was meant to do, I doubt it was to simply barricade the door it was placed on. It probably requires something more than just placing it in there. Something that wouldn't be available to anyone around since those who knew it died thousands of years ago.

Does Gharnef know how Thabes was destroyed? The divine dragons destroyed so long ago he might not know what destroyed it. Having gained control of a magic tower that grants continent wide influence and is essential to my ability to control the world, in a mysteriously destroyed city with these ancient tablets warning about things that needed to be sealed underneath... well I wouldn't release the ancient sealed monstrosities that might deprive me of the tower that if disabled would utterly cripple my control of the continent.

15 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On the contrary they do. The Council learned about the thanatophages and the creation. It's right there in the slabs. Considering they use the terms of "army of the dead" and "perfect being", it sounds more that Forneus told them what he was working on. It's still fact the Thabes Council knew the general what, even if not the intricate details.

Yeah, and that's super vague. As I've said already, perfect being could refer to something like Limstella, or it could be an apocalyptic dragon. The slabs don't give any indication at all of which. All Gharnef knows is "perfect being" and "army of the dead". The first is something that could be anything, and the second is something he'd definitely want to take control of. Not only is this a man who would jump at the chance for a zombie army, but he's actively researching a way to live beyond his own death.

15 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Eh, the script doesn't show Gharnef had any doubt when putting Tiki in a trance. To which I repeat, she's just a child. If anything, it would give the idea that it should be easy, Divine Dragon or not.

Yes, because he's confident and daring. Unless someone has put divine dragons under mind control before and significantly documented it, then how easy or difficult it should be, even with a child, is a complete unknown. Yet Gharnef did it anyway, and even went so far as to hide her from Medeus, because his desire to control her power was worth the risk.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, if anything, he seemed quite willing to play the waiting game when it came to having Falchion and Elice. There's no indication he intended for her to use the sword. Was he planning to wait for Elice (or more like, force her) to have kids? That would certainly be something.

Possible, but doubtful. He's had Elice for several years by the end  of the game. Plenty of time to have her raped and produce an heir (unless one wants to speculate a fanfic where he did just that off screen). The reason he keeps Elice around is directly stated to be because of the Aum staff which, unlike Falchion, she can use. Falchion he keeps on his person directly. If I were to hazard a guess, I would imagine he was working on a way to convert it into a tome. Tomes are made from orbs in Archeania, which seem like they could be dragon stones, or at the very least, they're powerful artifacts of the dragon tribe. Falchion, similarly being a powerful artifact of the dragon tribe, a part of a divine dragon even, could potentially be used the same way to make a powerful tome. That is speculation though. What we do know for sure is that Gotoh says that even Medeus would be weary of attacking Gharnef with both Imhullu and Falchion in his possession. That suggests Gharnef can make use of Falchion in some way, even if he can't swing it around to slay earth dragons like a decedent of Anri.

Edited by Jotari

2 minutes ago, Tetragrammaton said:

So he was created by the one above all in the future then put back into the past

In our universe, yeah. That's retroactive continuity. But in the narrative of Archanea, Grima has always been there.