So, does the Empire train all of its opera performers in combat magic?

Naoko_Akamori

So, there's Dorothea and Manuela, obviously. But then there's one bit of dialogue on the Church route, where Dorothea talks about how she's glad she won't have to face any of her friends from the opera company in battle. That was just kind of bemusing. Are all of the songstresses in the Mittelfrank Opera Company trained in combat or something? 

Based on the game mechanics, any old peasant could learn to cast magic after a day or two of lessons. Based on that logic, any performer would most certainly learn some, if for nothing else but to create special effects during performances. I mean, how much more convenient would it be if actual Hollywood actors could cast Fireballs instead of having to use explosives? Create weather effects on demand?

Besides, the Mittelfrank Opera Company is a battalion you can get, so yeah, at the very least they're trained in charging headlong at enemies. 😛

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Based on the game mechanics, any old peasant could learn to cast magic after a day or two of lessons. Based on that logic, any performer would most certainly learn some, if for nothing else but to create special effects during performances. I mean, how much more convenient would it be if actual Hollywood actors could cast Fireballs instead of having to use explosives? Create weather effects on demand?

Besides, the Mittelfrank Opera Company is a battalion you can get, so yeah, at the very least they're trained in charging headlong at enemies. 😛

That's always funny. It's also great when Hanneman charges straight at the enemy and tries to punch them to death when you use a gambit and he's got magic equipped. 

Note that both Dorothea and Manuela have strengths in Swords, as well.

It's probably just a way of nudging and winking at the fact that operas tend to have swordfights and they 'trained' to make them look good.

3 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

Seems pretty reason-able if you ask me. I'd have some faith in their skills.

I'll see myself out

Out.  NOW!

Ahem. . .

Realistically, it's possible Dorothea's contemporaries could sign up/be conscripted, which means she'd have to face them in battle.  Which would suck even more for her, given how she is post-timeskip.