Formula for Combat Arts

Viracocha

2 hours ago, Viracocha said:

I’m not able to find any information on how Combat Arts like Lance Jab are affected by their designated stat (Lance Jab’s is speed). What is the increase per point? Does anyone here know this formula? 

As  far as I know, it adds 30% of the stat rounded down. So if you have 10 Speed, you'll get an extra 3 damage on your Combat Art.

2 hours ago, LegendOfLoog said:

As  far as I know, it adds 30% of the stat rounded down. So if you have 10 Speed, you'll get an extra 3 damage on your Combat Art.

Thank you so much! How did you come across this information by the way? It would be a source I haven’t come across yet and I’d love to take a look at it myself if online. 

3 minutes ago, Viracocha said:

Thank you so much! How did you come across this information by the way? It would be a source I haven’t come across yet and I’d love to take a look at it myself if online. 

Maybe with trial and error or by data mining, but it's pretty consistent with my last trial. I was using Marianne with a magic sword, and the difference between a regular attack and the combat art was 7, +2 from the art and +5 from from the resistance bonus (19 res).

47 minutes ago, Viracocha said:

Trial and error combined with what some other people have said here. I originally thought it was a .25 ratio rounded up from my own testing, but someone informed me that it's actually .3 rounded down, which makes sense since every other formula in this game is rounded down iirc. You'd probably have to search the boards here to see if there's an original source somewhere, but I can at least provide the Combat Art formula generally.

• Strength/Magic + Weapon Mt + Combat Art Mt Increase + Effective Damage + Effective Combat Arts + Skills + .3 Ratio (if applicable) +/- Battalions.

Effective damage is only for certain weapons or combat arts that are effective against fliers, cavalry, or armored units. I'm basing all of this this off of a post on here that had all of the BL Hard Mode Enemy stats, but I'm having difficulty finding it right now. I do have a direct link to the spreadsheet here though. It has a lot of other information about the game too, so it's a good place to look if you want to find some more info. 

On 9/18/2019 at 4:15 PM, LegendOfLoog said:

I do have a direct link to the spreadsheet here though. It has a lot of other information about the game too, so it's a good place to look if you want to find some more info. 

Thanks so much for this sheet; it's gonna be invaluable for my Maddening run now that a more thorough understanding of the mechanics is necessary.