Is Kris coming to Heroes in the future?

Gregster101

Let's get one thing straight. I am not a Kris apologist. I understand why most people hate Kris and don't want them to be added Heroes, I'm just not of the same mindset. But...could Kris be added into Heroes at some point in the future?

The reason I bring up this topic is because in Norne's Meet the Heroes page, Kris is mentioned under her Closely Associated Characters section despite not being in the game yet.

https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/01001015000425/

The only other characters to have mentioned under the Closely Associated Characters section of a character despite not being in the game yet when they were mentioned are Jill and Sothis. Sothis was added as a Mythic Hero not long after the first Three Houses banner, and while Jill has yet to be added, there is the possibility of her showing up on the Farfetched banner this year which I really hope is the case

What do you guys think? Do you think Kris might be added into Heroes in the future?

22 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I am so completely indifferent on that matter. But if we do get another Archanea banner in the near future, here's hoping for Frey, Julian, Horace, and/or Samson.

I definitely want Julian over Kris for sure.

19 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

If they do we'll probably get both, probably get the M! version as a GHB

I was thinking if they had both genders of Kris summonable, they would have the Male as an axe user and the Female as a sword user just to avoid colorsharing

I think official art Kris...

player1.pngplayer2.pngplayer3.png

wear the standard outfits for Male Mercenary and Female Myrmidon. So Sword Infantries.

But, there is no reason they can't keep the clothes and change the class and weapon. Or they could change the clothes too.

I would like a title change for them though. Not "Hero's Guard", which the fan translation uses for their character ending. I'd rather have "Hero of Shadow", which is what they're supposed to be, the hero intentionally lost in the shadows of history.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

i honestly just want kris to be added just to get another shot at an archanea banner because i really want xane in this game so bad, but im somewhat neutral-positive on kris so if he does get into the game without xane id guess id be okay with it

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think official art Kris...

player1.pngplayer2.pngplayer3.png

wear the standard outfits for Male Mercenary and Pegasus Knight. So Sword Infantry and Sword Flier.

But, there is no reason they can't keep the clothes and change the class and weapon. Or they could change the clothes too.

Male Kris has access to the Fighter class, so they can always just have Kris as an axe unit. Also, I'm pretty sure Female Kris' design is a Myrmidon

Sure why not. I also want Mark (FE7 tactician) to get into the game. We'd have all the avatars that way.

Also, pretty sure there were others mentioned in the "closely-associated heroes" sections that haven't been added to the game yet.

Just now, Mercakete said:

Sure why not. I also want Mark (FE7 tactician) to get into the game. We'd have all the avatars that way.

Also, pretty sure there were others mentioned in the "closely-associated heroes" sections that haven't been added to the game yet.

You sure? The only ones I remember off the top of my head are Sothis and Jill, the former of which was added

So Kris stole a bit of spotlight from Marth in a game that's a remake of one that barely had any dialogue to begin with. 

I don't hate him/her for it at all and feel they actually didn't steal much. Besides, that game reintroduced supports after them being absent in FE11 so I'm grateful for it.

Yeah, they'll get into Heroes eventually and I'll welcome it. Like the Morgans, they are somewhat class-adaptable and I doubt both will be introduced as sword infantry.  I'm guessing M!Kris will be while F!Kris will be something else.

Mark I hate profoundly though. Stupidest self-insert ever. Has no dialogue of their own and aren't playable.

Edited by Vince777

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

You sure? The only ones I remember off the top of my head are Sothis and Jill, the former of which was added

I thought for sure, for example, Bantu was one. I'm doing a search on all the listed heroes just to be sure.

Counting "not in the game yet" as "not yet playable in FEH" and counting alts as playable (i.e., Bunny Bruno counts as Bruno for the purpose of this list.)

Hero -> Closely Associated Hero

Eir -> Hel

Norne -> Kris

Fallen Tiki -> Bantu* (Mentioned in her description, but not as an associated hero - he even has art!)

Fallen Delthea -> Luthier*

Fallen Berkut -> Rinea* (Also, Rinea has since become playable)

Duma -> Mila*

Sue -> Rath* (Though he doesn't have art)

Bride Sigrun -> Haar** (I don't recall if he was in the game yet or not)

Haar -> Jill

Okay, it looks like I was remembering other characters being mentioned but not specifically in the "Closely Associated Heroes" section.

30 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

So Kris stole a bit of spotlight from Marth in a game that's a remake of one that barely had any dialogue to begin with. 

I don't hate him/her for it at all and feel they actually didn't steal much. Besides, that game reintroduced supports after them being absent in FE11 so I'm grateful for it.

Yeah, they'll get into Heroes eventually and I'll welcome it. Like the Morgans, they are somewhat class-adaptable and I doubt both will be introduced as sword infantry.  I'm guessing M!Kris will be while F!Kris will be something else.

Mark I hate profoundly though. Stupidest self-insert ever. Has no dialogue of their own and aren't playable.

I don't really hate Kris one way or the other if I'm gonna be honest. He's unnecessary as hell, yeah, and we didn't need an Avatar in a remake of a game that didn't originally have one, but he doesn't ruin New Mystery's story for me in the same way Corrin ruined Fates' story for me, and he sure as hell is nowhere near as dumb as Corrin, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

Let's get one thing straight. I am not a Kris apologist. I understand why most people hate Kris and don't want them to be added Heroes, I'm just not of the same mindset. But...could Kris be added into Heroes at some point in the future?

The reason I bring up this topic is because in Norne's Meet the Heroes page, Kris is mentioned under her Closely Associated Characters section despite not being in the game yet.

https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/01001015000425/

The only other characters to have mentioned under the Closely Associated Characters section of a character despite not being in the game yet when they were mentioned are Jill and Sothis. Sothis was added as a Mythic Hero not long after the first Three Houses banner, and while Jill has yet to be added, there is the possibility of her showing up on the Farfetched banner this year which I really hope is the case

What do you guys think? Do you think Kris might be added into Heroes in the future?

i think theres probably a high probability but i wouldnt say its high on there list priority wise. Another cool kinda on the same lines of this is Rutger. Wehn you tap and hear his dialogue options he mentions Dieck. He never mentions it by name but if you know rutger and his history its clearly Dieck he is talking about. I wonder if those kinda situations are IS way of dropping hints. Maybe?

IS cares about CYL ratings and Kris (male version anyway) was still, even prior to this banner, the highest ranked Archanean character (edging out Nagi and Sirius).

Archanean banners are scarce but this still won't be the last one and the chances are rather high that he makes it in the next one. Alongside Nyna, who I don't think can be avoided another time. 

31 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Pretty sure Haar was released before the bridal banner. 

Yeah, Haar was added in April while the bridal banner was in May.

As for the topic....I’ve already made my opinion on Kris pretty clear in the past so I won’t bother to repeat it. If you don’t know my opinion, let’s just say it isn’t very positive.

9 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

i think theres probably a high probability but i wouldnt say its high on there list priority wise. Another cool kinda on the same lines of this is Rutger. Wehn you tap and hear his dialogue options he mentions Dieck. He never mentions it by name but if you know rutger and his history its clearly Dieck he is talking about. I wonder if those kinda situations are IS way of dropping hints. Maybe?

Well I was specifically talking about the closely associated characters section rather than the voice lines, but I wouldn't put it past them to eventually include Dieck

You could change this to "Is (anyone) coming to Heroes in the future?", and get the same answer - MAYBE.

Think of how long Nino talked about Legault in-game before he was added!

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, and then you have Leon who has been waiting for Valbar for more than two years now and still counting.

That's nothing compared to Matthew waiting for Leila.

22 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, and then you have Leon who has been waiting for Valbar for more than two years now and still counting.

It's probably best for him considering the love was unreciprocated. 

Besides, Valbar was Leon's 2nd love crush so he can probably move on.

Unless they're a surprise seasonal or (god forbid) a Legendary/Mythic I'm not counting on it. FE12 doesn't have recency bias and they're not high enough for farfetch'd part trois.

8 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Kris was GARBAGE

Making Marth pretend his childhood best friend doesn't exist and randomly label a fucking village NOBODY as his "best friend, my other half guys believe me!" is laughable as all hell.

Jegan begging Kris specifically over the literal armies is stupid, especially when Jegan never did that with any character ever and serves his role as a mentor.

Kris hogging the entire support pool so Kris can get a fuck ton of unnecessary praise one way or another was wack. So much opportunity to easily slide characters in Kris' place to add some interaction and it wouldn't change much of the overall support but nope. Let's ignore a lot of the Archanea characters that they bothered to bring back in New Mystery. Totally a smart move, Intsys!