Tears of Serenia

Sire

On 4/13/2020 at 10:31 PM, Sire said:

The hardest part about the project is getting the character portrayals right as well as balancing. At the moment sword-users seem heavily underpowered compared to other classes due to their low STR growths, but other than that the project itself isn't that difficult to work on. It is simply finding the time and motivation to work on it.

I find Swordmasters tend to be most useful in games with fewer, stronger enemies, since it's less of a guarantee that you'll double and hit them. That might require extensive enemy rebalancing, though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5/2/2020 Update

Tears of Serenia has been postponed until further notice.

This should be unsurprising as no significant progress has been made since mid-March.  My time is currently being allocated towards other projects (the Youtube channel as well as potentially joining the D&D world of Verum). While I do still want to finish Tears of Serenia at some point (like all of my projects), the motivation to work on it is lacking as well as my interests leading me elsewhere. Perhaps work may resume on it later in the year, who knows.

I apologize for those looking forward to Tears of Serenia being a potential spiritual successor to the Serenes Emblem project. I am but one man, and one man can only do so much with nonexistent resources. Some progress may be done in the interim, but I would not expect or hope for any.

Project Progression (Totals)
- Map Designs Finished: Chapters 1-13 & 15 [Main Game Total: 24 Chapters]
- Enemy Placement Finished: Chapters 1-5, 12
- Maps Playable: Chapter 1
- Playable Characters: 30 Total

Priority Tasks
- Gain Superpower: Time Manipulation
- Come Back Soon

- Skill: Unstoppable (Proper Implementation)

4 hours ago, Sire said:

5/2/2020 Update

Tears of Serenia has been postponed until further notice.

This should be unsurprising as no significant progress has been made since mid-March.  My time is currently being allocated towards other projects (the Youtube channel as well as potentially joining the D&D world of Verum). While I do still want to finish Tears of Serenia at some point (like all of my projects), the motivation to work on it is lacking as well as my interests leading me elsewhere. Perhaps work may resume on it later in the year, who knows.

I apologize for those looking forward to Tears of Serenia being a potential spiritual successor to the Serenes Emblem project. I am but one man, and one man can only do so much with nonexistent resources. Some progress may be done in the interim, but I would not expect or hope for any.

understandable, since working alone on basicly everything does indeed take good amounts of time and dedication. big projects managed by a single person usually lead that person to burn out in the long run.

it would have been probably better if at least 3~4 people or even more worked together on it( one for classes management, one for maps designs, one for story writing, one for portraits, etc ), but apparently the project never took much interest from this community, except for a couple of people( me included ). it is kinda sad, but that's how it is.

in any case, i would rather not see all the work that's been done so far being suddenly shut down.

you could try to put everything you managed to gather and make in one-to-three demo chapter(s), so at least the people who partecipated in the project will get a chance to play it for the sake of trying it out. then again, the choice is yours to make.

Edited by Fenreir