September 2019 Legendary/Mythic Hero Speculation

NSSKG151

I think Camilla is due for at least five more alts. My limit for alts is basically one alt for each seasonal banner, a brave, and maybe a legendary/mythic if they feel like it(or y’know something like flying olivia. One alt of those couldn’t hurt). Once a character has cycled through those then I feel they’ve had enough alts. Speaking of alts I wonder if we’re ever gonna get none skeleton versions of lif and thrasir. That’d be cool.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the most reasonable limit for number of alts would be 1100 (or technically 1099 plus the base version). It'd suck having to send home a version of Camilla just to get a newer version of her.

10 hours ago, Ottservia said:

I think Camilla is due for at least five more alts. My limit for alts is basically one alt for each seasonal banner, a brave, and maybe a legendary/mythic if they feel like it(or y’know something like flying olivia. One alt of those couldn’t hurt). Once a character has cycled through those then I feel they’ve had enough alts. Speaking of alts I wonder if we’re ever gonna get none skeleton versions of lif and thrasir. That’d be cool.

You're kidding right? Camilla seriously does not need any more alts

14 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

You're kidding right? Camilla seriously does not need any more alts

Honestly I think one for each seasonal banner is pretty fair so long as they aren’t back to back of course cause a character can’t get more than one of the same seasonal(at least yet anyway if that happens I will gladly eat my words) and Camilla has yet to appear on 4 of the seasonal banners we have and I’m pretty sure she’s gonna get a legendary at some point. I feel this is a fair system in which most people can be content with. Camilla fans can be happy to see their favorite character in a bunch of different outfits and others can be happy to know that there’s a hard limit on this. And hey since she has only 4 seasonal banners left we likely won’t be seeing her for a while as IS will likely want to feed them out slowly. Unless of course they decided to make another summer Camilla but people would get real mad over that and I don’t think IS wants a repeat of the backlash they received last year.

22 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Honestly I think one for each seasonal banner is pretty fair so long as they aren’t back to back of course cause a character can’t get more than one of the same seasonal(at least yet anyway if that happens I will gladly eat my words) and Camilla has yet to appear on 4 of the seasonal banners we have and I’m pretty sure she’s gonna get a legendary at some point. I feel this is a fair system in which most people can be content with. Camilla fans can be happy to see their favorite character in a bunch of different outfits and others can be happy to know that there’s a hard limit on this. And hey since she has only 4 seasonal banners left we likely won’t be seeing her for a while as IS will likely want to feed them out slowly. Unless of course they decided to make another summer Camilla but people would get real mad over that and I don’t think IS wants a repeat of the backlash they received last year.

Doesn't matter, she already has enough versions as is, she doesn't need any more for fuck's sake

1 hour ago, Ottservia said:

One per seasonal banner is way above what any other character has gotten.

Also way above Camilla's own count. There are currently 10 seasonal themes: spring, picnic, brides, summer, dancers, Halloween, Christmas, New Year's, hot springs, and Valentine's Day. (Arguably 11, if you separate the two types of dancing banners.) Camilla has shown up on 4 of them, so there's still 6 left. The only other characters I can think of who've appeared on more than 2 of them so far are Lyn and Xander, who've gotten 3.

Edited by Othin

35 minutes ago, Othin said:

One per seasonal banner is way above what any other character has gotten.

Also way above Camilla's own count. There are currently 10 seasonal themes: spring, picnic, brides, summer, dancers, Halloween, Christmas, New Year's, hot springs, and Valentine's Day. (Arguably 11, if you separate the two types of dancing banners.) Camilla has shown up on 4 of them, so there's still 6 left. The only other characters I can think of who've appeared on more than 2 of them so far are Lyn and Xander, who've gotten 3.

You seem to be misunderstanding my point. The point I was making is that I feel if any character is going to get multiple alts then one alt for each seasonal banner is fair. After that I feel they’ve had enough cause at that point you’re either going give them a second seasonal variant on a banner they’ve appeared on or have them start appearing on new heroes banners which nobody wants so yeah.

or y’know coming up with new seasonals entirely which is ehhh.

Edited by Ottservia

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

You seem to be misunderstanding my point. The point I was making is that I feel if any character is going to get multiple alts then one alt for each seasonal banner is fair. After that I feel they’ve had enough cause at that point you’re either going give them a second seasonal variant on a banner they’ve appeared on or have them start appearing on new heroes banners which nobody wants so yeah.

No one here is advocating for more alts than that number. You seem to be not understanding that the rest of the people here are saying it's better to stop long before that point.

Personally, I'd say one seasonal, ever, is enough for most characters. Maybe a second for really significant ones. No good reason for more than two.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

No one here is advocating for more alts than that number. You seem to be not understanding that the rest of the people here are saying it's better to stop long before that point.

Personally, I'd say one seasonal, ever, is enough for most characters. Maybe a second for really significant ones. No good reason for more than two.

I’m not saying that’s what anyone is arguing no. I’m saying IS should go big or go home. Cause when you think about the longevity of the game at large, it’s in IS’s best interest to give characters multiple alts and if one seasonal per character is enough we’re gonna run out of characters eventually so giving a character multiple seasonal options is a decent way to help alleviate that. Now has IS been way to trigger happy in regards to that? Yes, they most certainly have. Like the devs have a serious hard on for Camilla and they should calm down a bit to give other characters a chance. They’ll run out of Camilla alts eventually. My main point in all of this is that we shouldn’t get too upset over characters getting like 4 or 5 alts because it is an inevitability for almost every popular character. It’s when they start reaching double digits is when we should start rioting. Not to say it isn’t okay to complain now because IS does need to calm down a bit every so often with their character bias. 

Not sure how Camilla got brought up in a speculation thread about September's Mythic Hero since she has neither the chance to be the Mythic Hero or one of the regular units for the banner but if you guys want to discuss her please talk about it somewhere else. I don't want to see a full page being completely off topic discussing whether Camilla needs more alts or not.

Edited by NSSKG151

15 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

No character, especially not someone like Camilla, should have that many versions of themself. Alm is my favorite lord in the series, but even I would not want him to have seven fucking versions of himself and become the new Camilla for people to hate on.

I love how you said "especially not someone like Camilla". 

Because if it was Lyn or Chrom, or somebody else it would still be bad but not worthy of the "especially bad" like Camilla. But sure Camilla fans are being obnoxious, while the other side is being overly reasonable with no bias whatsoever.

I would have hoped the relative success of how Brave Camilla was handled would put a stop to people treating her, even on the subconscious level, like an intrinsecaly wrong character to not associate with, but alas.

I personally don't think Camilla will receive another alt until at least fall 2020, but I won't stop people from hoping otherwise.

6 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

I love how you said "especially not someone like Camilla". 

Because if it was Lyn or Chrom, or somebody else it would still be bad but not worthy of the "especially bad" like Camilla. But sure Camilla fans are being obnoxious, while the other side is being overly reasonable with no bias whatsoever.

I would have hoped the relative success of how Brave Camilla was handled would put a stop to people treating her, even on the subconscious level, like an intrinsecaly wrong character to not associate with, but alas.

I personally don't think Camilla will receive another alt until at least fall 2020, but I won't stop people from hoping otherwise.

Probably he feels like that because at least those characters are officially perceived as Main Characters, and Camilla it's "only popular", because of the "most shallow reasons".

Edited by Troykv

Thrasir, Eir, and Hrid return in December.

Yune, Eliwood, and Ephraim return in January.

Eirika returns in February.

Can someone compile up the full schedule for upcoming Legendary/Mythic Heroes (since I haven't been keeping track)?

20 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Oof, so December has a full lineup of reds. So no red seasonal there. Also, why does Roy have to share a color with two units I already have, lol. November's blue is also full, so I guess no blue seasonal then either.

34 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Damn, if we do end up getting Lif in November, that'll be two months in a row with full houses on red. That said, Lif in the same month as Sothis would be really, really nice for me. (Lif in the same month as Julia, though, kind of sucks... and, well, Julia in a month with no other blue worth pulling for sucks regardless.)

If they're going to add Lif as a Legendary/Mythic, I wonder if they're going to put him in next month instead...

Edited by Ice Dragon

33 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Oof, so December has a full lineup of reds. So no red seasonal there. Also, why does Roy have to share a color with two units I already have, lol. November's blue is also full, so I guess no blue seasonal then either. 

Yeah, I wouldn't mind another Roy as my unmerged one a bit fragile for AB purposes. No use for the other two though. 😞

Interesting how few re-runs we're having next month, finally get to catch up with seasonals a bit. It also means that the overall quality of the banner is completely up in the air though.

Quick guesses (bold being significantly more likely than the others):

Legendary Ryoma, Lif

Valentine's Ike, Spring Palla

Adrift Camilla, Owain, Tibarn, Keaton

Legendary Lucina, Legendary Azura, ???

Spring Marisa

Evil(ler) Berkut, Dimitri

Legendary Hector, ???

Picnic Felicia

Ranulf, Yarne

Legendary Alm, ???

Bride Fjorm

Fallen Tiki, Claude

If this turns out anywhere near accurate it might just be sniping greys for me.

Edited by Humanoid

Saving for Legendary Julia and I am not too happy about the November line up. I'd rather see something like L!Azura along the way..Would not mind to merge her by accident. 

Welp, if Rinkah comes until then by a little chance I can adjust my goals. 

52 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind another Roy as my unmerged one a bit fragile for AB purposes. No use for the other two though. 😞

Interesting how few re-runs we're having next month, finally get to catch up with seasonals a bit. It also means that the overall quality of the banner is completely up in the air though.

Quick guesses (bold being significantly more likely than the others):

Legendary Ryoma, Lif

Valentine's Ike, Spring Palla

Adrift Camilla, Owain, Tibarn, Keaton

Legendary Lucina, Legendary Azura, ???

Spring Marisa

Evil(ler) Berkut, Dimitri

Legendary Hector, ???

Picnic Felicia

Ranulf, Yarne

Legendary Alm, ???

Bride Fjorm

Fallen Tiki, Claude

If this turns out anywhere near accurate it might just be sniping greys for me.

Yeah, colorless is looking really good for next month. Alm, Fjorm, Tiki, and Claude are all units I'm looking for, and a new hero would also be fine.

For November, red looks pretty good for me, and it could also have any noteworthy colorless units missing from October.

6 hours ago, Humanoid said:

So October to December blues are a must (for me). I have neither a Lucina nor an Azura so pulling in blue will be helpful a lot (hopefully the 3rd unit is not spring Marisa please, she would be one of the biggest pity-breakers). Then colourles will be really good as I need to fix Legendary Alm's -spd also Tiki needs merges as always and if bridal fjorm accompanies them then all is good. As for Red I believe it will be Lif as November could have Hel. 

For the other months November's red is a must I need Sothis in my barracks (also I still have no defense mythics) and Legendary Marth is far from what I would call a pity-breaker. Blue is also nice as I need Julia and Tiki merges (Fjorm is bad though). Even if Hel comes, green will be bad by the time it has Lyn on it. 

The good one is December, I need another Ike, and Roy is a marvelous unit that the main account doesn't currently have, also DC fodder is nice. Blue has Naga and I desperately need to merge her also the legendary will be most likely blue. Green and colorless are intresting but I don't need anything specific. December also has Winter Chicken back and I want to get a +1 version of her (had one but I unfortunately foddered her and I still regret it to this day, the dragon squad would be completete today if I didn't get rid of her). 

Aw darn. I was hoping Valentine's Ike would share with Sothis, since I want both of them. I'll try for Valentine's Ike if he shows up this month, and stop once I get him so I can save for Sothis. Lif is also a want. I also really need some DC fodder for my Dancing Berkut, but I have to be careful with my orbs here.

Edited by Mercakete