Describe the students' parents.

Naoko_Akamori

This is purely for fun and speculation. Obviously not the ones we've seen, like Duke Aegir or Rodrigue. Specifically think about what they might look like, based on how the students describe them, and maybe a little bit about how they might get along with others in their territory. 

For mine...

Based on how Bernadetta describes him, my mental image of Count Varley is of a very tall, thin man - with very narrow cheekbones. I can see a well maintained goatee, and long hair - possibly purple like hers, but exceptionally well-kept. Since he's the Minister of Religious Affairs, I could see him wearing some sort of clerical type outfit, though it's never made clear if he's actually a member of the Church or just a liaison. If the latter's the case, then I can see him wearing expensive suits and absolutely losing it if there's a thread or a button out of place. I'm pretty sure it's stated that he's relatively poor as far as nobles go, so projecting an aura of wealth and status that goes beyond his means is probably REALLY important to him, and physical appearance is a big part of that. 

Holst (Hilda's brother, not a parent but I think this should extend to relatives in general): Tall, bulky. Dusty maroon hair, wild and messy, maybe some stubble. Pink eyes. Probably a grappler class, but I'm picturing him in more formal looking outfits. A simple suit normally, he was wearing one when drinking with Nader, man I wish we saw that scene...his shirt came off at some point during that though after Nader's did. Vases and plates broke. Burping and farting happened.

Claude's Mom (Regina): Average sized (yet strong and bulky) woman with green eyes and long black hair. She's got an air of authority about her and is definitely a striking beauty. I can see her wearing something similar to what Judith wears. The other nobles of the Alliance tend to think she's a rebel for running off with "that Almyran", they talk crap about her for that. A lot of them secretly think "good for her, you go girl" but don't say it.

Claude's Dad (Emil): Kind of tall and skinny, blue eyes and short dark brown hair. Tanned skin. Kind of a bratty personality, a "I get what I want" kind of deal, which was what led him to attempt courting House Reigan's next in line. People were surprised he actually succeeded. His main goal was actually to help relations between Almyra and the Alliance but of course the pretty thing next to him wasn't just desired for that. The Almyran king is his older brother, so he's technically next in line unless his brother fathers an heir any time soon.

If nobody else designs Count Gloucester I might take a crack at him. @Anacybele, come design Sylvain's parents!

Edited by Dragoncat
NAMES

59 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Holst (Hilda's brother, not a parent but I think this should extend to relatives in general): Tall, bulky. Dusty maroon hair, wild and messy, maybe some stubble. Pink eyes. Probably a grappler class, but I'm picturing him in more formal looking outfits. A simple suit normally, he was wearing one when drinking with Nader, man I wish we saw that scene...his shirt came off at some point during that though after Nader's did. Vases and plates broke. Burping and farting happened.

Oh, that's fair! Feel free to take a stab at relatives as well. So that's Maya, Raphael's little sister, as well as Felix's older brother Glenn. Petra's grandfather, of course, since her dad was killed in the Brigid/Adrestia war. 

Since I did Bernie's father, I should try to take a stab at her mother, too. 

2. It's hard to get an idea of an overall appearance for Lady Varley, but I like to imagine she's where Bernie got a lot of her more gentle features. Handcrafts, drawing, and her love of carnivorous plants are all genuine interests that she has and the first two don't seem like they were motivated by her father's intent to turn her into a perfect wife. So maybe her mother's where a lot of that came from. It'd be cute if she kind of shared Bernie's love of pitcher plants and stuff too. 

24 minutes ago, Naoko_Akamori said:

Oh, that's fair! Feel free to take a stab at relatives as well.

I mainly like designing kids/the next generation, but this is fun too and a bit of a change from what I normally do. I have a Bernie son among some others (I've only completed gold deers), PM me for them.

Yours seem accurate from what I know of Bernie. Count Varley is a major snooty asshat for sure.

I like to imagine count Bergliez looks a bit like Dozla. According to Linhardt the count is as vertically challenged as Caspar is and axes seem to be the primary weapon of house Bergliez. 

So my picture of the count would be a short gnome looking man with a giant blue beard and an equally giant axe over his shoulder. Because he's the minister of military affairs he's always seen in full armor. There's some implication that Bergliez is a good commander to his men so his armor would just be plain soldier gear instead of highly decorative armor that more snooty nobles would have worn. 

As for count Gloucester. I imagine he just looks like Marques Darin since their role within their respective countries seem roughly the same. 

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I like to imagine count Bergliez looks a bit like Dozla. According to Linhardt the count is as vertically challenged as Caspar is and axes seem to be the primary weapon of house Bergliez. 

So my picture of the count would be a short gnome looking man with a giant blue beard and an equally giant axe over his shoulder. Because he's the minister of military affairs he's always seen in full armor. There's some implication that Bergliez is a good commander to his men so his armor would just be plain soldier gear instead of highly decorative armor that more snooty nobles would have worn. 

Yet Caspar gets pretty tall post timeskip. But I like this.

4 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

@Anacybele, come design Sylvain's parents!

Can do! 🙂

I like to say Sylvain's dad is a tall good-looking guy. Sylvain has to get his good looks from somewhere, and I think it's more likely to be from Dad. 😛 And since both Sylvain and Miklan have that flaming red-orange hair, both their parents probably have red hair of some kind as well. Red hair is a recessive trait in real life, and it doesn't come up as quite as often as other colors in FE either (plenty of characters get varying shades/tints of blonde/yellow, black, blue, or brown for example). And if memory serves, for a child to inherit a recessive trait, both parents have to be carrying the gene for it.

I would say only one parent would have to have the golden brown eyes both brothers have though. Going with Mom on this one, as it seems a lot of the students get a lot of their traits from their fathers. Surely some of them had to get some from their moms too, so yeah. Brown eyes in general are a dominant trait too.

This is as far as I'll go in terms of actual genetics though, I don't care about being perfectly accurate or anything here.

Since I picture Margrave Gautier to be tall, flaming red-orange, and handsome, so to speak, I like the idea of his wife being a somewhat short woman. Big height differences can be amusing. lol Her red hair is more red than her husband's, whose has that hint of orange you see in both Sylvain and Miklan. Oh, and since his wife has golden brown eyes, I'll say Margrave Gautier has dark red eyes to go with his red hair.

Felix's Mom: Feisty, tall and slim, swordswoman. She trained both her boys in the sword, that was the agreement she made with Rodrigue. "Okay fine, I guess you're cute, we'll tie the knot and I'll birth your kids, BUT I am training all of them in swordplay!" Rodrigue went with it. I haven't seen his personality yet, but he is totally a bottom/sub in romance I'm saying. Felix and Glenn learned most of what they knew of combat from their mom. She taught them crotch stabs too lol. Felix refuses to use that move because growing up beside Ingrid he knows damn well getting hit there hurts. His mom is probably blue haired, maybe not the same shade, and I'm thinking her eyes are orange or red.

Edited by Dragoncat

I'm actually working on my own designs for Glenn and Holst and I have Holst's done!

Spoiler

https://sta.sh/0ai03046gw2 < Full Image not done yet but it has him, Glenn and Caspar's older Brother

I more so have an idea of Glenn and Cedric (Caspar's older brother) 

Glenn

Spoiler

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AaaECgpJFfczhkViulXiN5hToujtz5u7x_Ptvh5SgqNOKWMuch5rEmk/ (Jacket, Light Blue with Dark Blue Stripes) 

https://www.ukhairdressers.com/style/index2.asp?r1=18940 (Something like this for hair, has a ponytail in the back)

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/850335973364182690/ (his personal lance. Excels at lances and authority)

I imagine Glenn as looking like Zihark, but with Felix's hair and eye color.

Claude's dad strikes me as kind of the "dashing gentleman pirate" type, with curly brown hair and a thin mustache.

Everyone in Raphael's family has the exact same face.

Ignatz gets his pre-skip hairstyle and brown eye color from his mother. She's also on the shorter side, and shares his penchant for painting.

Ignatz's father, meanwhile, wears glasses and has muddy-green hair. He's been colder, and more serious, since his friends (Raphael's parents) died.

Caspar's Father: I imagine him to be based on the War master class while continuing the Randolph/Alois/Caspar tradition of being a full plate version of the class. The Dragon/wyvern Chest piece would be replaced with an Eagle and the blade like shoulder would be a stylized wing. The coloration would be primarily the colors of the Adrestian empire with some gold elements and he'd wield an axe aligned to whatever crest the Bergliez family has. As for what he'd personally look like, I imagine him looking similar to Dozla or Dad!Hector with Caspar's hair color. Unlike Caspar, he didn't get much taller growing up and is shorter than his son but far brawnier. 

Holst: I imagine him to be a big man in all ways, unlike the above his perfectly clean shaven with that perfect princely charm to him as he always puts in the maximum effort in maintaining his appearance. He'd have a darker shade of Hilda's hair. He'd be classed as a Wyvern Lord as many of these types of characters (Arundel, Rodrigue, Gwendel) all use mastery classes as the base for their unique appearance and the special Battalions (Holst chosen, Gonereil valkyries) are flying units and it adds the mirroring of Nader/Nardel and Holst.

On 9/19/2019 at 9:46 PM, Scoot said:

I imagine Glenn as looking like Zihark, but with Felix's hair and eye color.

Basically agree with this, probably a swordmaster like his younger brother, could be a Paladin or Hero though.

Lambert(Dimitri's dad): Tall with some bulk, timeskip Dimitri build. Yellow mustache and small beard with darker blue eyes than his son, short hair. Fortress knight, mainly wields lances but can use axes. Gray armor with the same cape timeskip Dimitri wears. He's old fashioned to a certain extent and tends to snub newer ideas on how things should be done, but is open to newer military strategies.

Miranda(Dimitri's mom): Kind of a small and scrawny little thing. Dimitri's ice blue eyes come from her, her hair is a light orange color and long braided over her shoulder. A mage, yet she's not on the battlefield often, wears mostly fancy robes. She's a calm, serene type, kind of timid but anyone can tell she's bonded to the point of legit love with Lambert, after having the marriage arranged, and she always looks proud when looking at the son produced from that union.

First person to catch the obscure reference gets an internet cookie. Hint: country music.

Edited by Dragoncat

50 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Lambert(Dimitri's dad): Tall with some bulk, timeskip Dimitri build. Yellow mustache and small beard with darker blue eyes than his son, short hair. Fortress knight, mainly wields lances but can use axes. Gray armor with the same cape timeskip Dimitri wears. He's old fashioned to a certain extent and tends to snub newer ideas on how things should be done, but is open to newer military strategies.

But we literally already know what he looks like.Did you play Blue Lions?

Lambert_portrait.png

And he's likely a Great Lord, like his son:

lambert.PNG.7f60383b0e628666a47e26cfd5dce030.PNG

And he was literally assassinated for being too progressive.

Edited by CyberNinja

17 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

But we literally already know what he looks like.Did you play Blue Lions?

Lambert_portrait.png

And he's likely a Great Lord, like his son:

lambert.PNG.7f60383b0e628666a47e26cfd5dce030.PNG

And he was literally assassinated for being too progressive.

I only just started Blue Lions. Sorry.

1 minute ago, CyberNinja said:

Its fine, its why I asked.

Well I feel like a stupidiot now.

But if you want where the "old fashioned" comes from and what the country music reference is:

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/mirandalambert/automatic.html

Yeah. I guess at least my idea for the mom would work.