Crest monsters and worldbuilding (SPOILERS)

Alastor15243

You know what might have been cool if they were willing to explore the lore behind these more? And what it takes to transform and keep your mind and the like? If Those Who Slither figured out how to let someone use crest stones to transform into a lesser form of a demonic beast AND BACK, and this skill was represented by a class that became this game's laguz or wolfskins. A class that you could turn any one of your soldiers into, like the dancer class, on the imperial route as a reward for that paralogue where you help them out.

On 9/21/2019 at 10:10 PM, Armchair General said:

I think the real question is where this magical radiation is coming from.

But then I remembered that the writing in this game sucks, at times.

it comes from eating broke ncrest stones. This is in the weapon descriptions of said broken crest stones.

On 9/23/2019 at 7:30 AM, Druplesnubb said:

it comes from eating broke ncrest stones. This is in the weapon descriptions of said broken crest stones.

I knew it said they were changed by crests somewhere.

So who keeps leaving crest stones around for wild animals to find, and why are they only ever found by birds, wolves and worms?

37 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

I knew it said they were changed by crests somewhere.

So who keeps leaving crest stones around for wild animals to find, and why are they only ever found by birds, wolves and worms?

I figure it's most likely the remains of the War of Heroes era, since most crest stones by the modern era are either held by the Church (Holy Tomb) or TWSITD (I consider Imperial army use of Demonic Beasts to be TWSITD) and nobody who has them would be so careless as to leave them lying around like that, even if they are broken.

4 minutes ago, Ivan Tridelan said:

I figure it's most likely the remains of the War of Heroes era, since most crest stones by the modern era are either held by the Church (Holy Tomb) or TWSITD (I consider Imperial army use of Demonic Beasts to be TWSITD) and nobody who has them would be so careless as to leave them lying around like that, even if they are broken.

That's a lot of crest stones. I still haven't learned in-game what they do besides turn people into monsters and power the legendary weapons. Why are there so many?

14 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

That's a lot of crest stones. I still haven't learned in-game what they do besides turn people into monsters and power the legendary weapons. Why are there so many?

Crest Stones (presumably) originate from the dragon people race that were the "Children of the Goddess". A whole race that once lived in harmony with humans, before the Agarthians waged war. Now, how the dragon people produced the stones is another matter. Yet another question that may never be answered. If this is anything like previous games I'd suspect they're like Dragonstones used by Manakete but...

5 minutes ago, Ivan Tridelan said:

Crest Stones (presumably) originate from the dragon people race that were the "Children of the Goddess". A whole race that once lived in harmony with humans, before the Agarthians waged war. Now, how the dragon people produced the stones is another matter. Yet another question that may never be answered. If this is anything like previous games I'd suspect they're like Dragonstones used by Manakete but...

The Crest Stones were supposedly created by the Agarthians using the hearts of the Children of the Goddess (Nabateans). So each crest stone is the heart of a dragon, in the same way that the Heroes' Relics were created using their bones and scales.

1 hour ago, Chaotix said:

The Crest Stones were supposedly created by the Agarthians using the hearts of the Children of the Goddess (Nabateans). So each crest stone is the heart of a dragon, in the same way that the Heroes' Relics were created using their bones and scales.

Then there is the unanswered question on how did Sothis even know what a demonic beast is, consider she was the first dragon to be killed, before all these began.

The game actually allow you to question her, but she would refuse to elaborate.

And how did Agarthan have their own crests?

Hopefully they will answer all these later.