Did you spot any Classic Fire Emblem tropes in Three Houses?

KelluPato

Well, Edelgard is definitely the Rudolf/Walhart/Arvis archetype while VW and CF Dimitri is more like Michalis than Marth imo.

I think the Pallardos technically count as the bandit twins? Maybe? And Judith/Gilbert/Rodrigue feel a lot like Lewyn did in FE4's second gen.

Oh, and Hubert maybe counts as a Camus for VW, if only for helping the main lord's group somehow.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, kremelover said:

Dimitri and Dedue reminds me of Robin and Tharja!

Really?! I dunno where the hell that connection is coming from. If anything their relationship reminds me more of Chrom and Frederick tbh

Lorenz falls into a similar character trope as Bastian and Virion. 

Leonie is the Lethe/Sully/Kjelle/Rinkah/Effie tomboy type.

Ferdinand and Sylvain fit reasonably well into the Christmas cavs.

Lysithea groups well into the Lute/Miriel type.

Edited by Etheus

On 9/20/2019 at 7:42 PM, FoxyGrandpa said:

I think Dimitri is the traditional Marth archetype while Claude is more like Alm and Lyn. Dimitri grew up as royalty while Claude grows up in a lower class environment and lived most of his life not knowing that he was noble.

I thought Dimitri fit the Camus/Eldigan type far better than Marth. He is by far the most "honorable" character in the game, which he arguably dies for in 3/4 of the routes.

3 minutes ago, Etheus said:

So he's actually the Sigurd, then.

Basically, yeah. I have this headcannon where in an alternate universe where Sigurd somehow doesn't die, he's probably just running around murdering everyone even loosely connected to it. Fits pretty well.

1 hour ago, Burklight said:

I thought Dimitri fit the Camus/Eldigan type far better than Marth. He is by far the most "honorable" character in the game, which he arguably dies for in 3/4 of the routes.

That could be the case, but I never got the impression that he particularly cared about being "honorable", especially in his support with Dedue. He's more interested in simply doing the right thing, like Marth, Roy, etc. 

In the Blue Lions route, Dimitri's return to Fhirdiad mirrors Marth's triumphant return to Altea castle - the occupier is defeated, the kingdom saved, and the prince is given an audience of his adoring people. It's a scene that comes up in Sacred Stones as well, and I really appreciated the callback.

On 9/19/2019 at 11:42 AM, Ertrick36 said:

There are dragons in this game

lol

Spoiler

Yes there is. Four of them, actually.  Rhea as the Immaculate One,  Indech the Immovable One, Macuil the Sky Watcher, and Cichol the guy who cant turn into a durgin anymore.

Catherine on Crimson Flower is

Spoiler

Definitely a Camus character. By the end of the narrative she's horrified by Rhea's actions but sticks by her all the same out of loyalty and love. I'd say Hubert and Dedue aren't Camus characters in the stories where they're antagonists because they never believe their respective lord is wrong.

On 9/20/2019 at 4:12 PM, Timlugia said:

That reminds me there should be a section on FEwiki character ending for death text

Many previous games only had "X died in chapter 12", but this game actually have story text for each fallen student. I have seen Catherine one was captured by empire during 5 year skip and executed.

And hopefully not offending anyone, but

Hide contents

Fire Emblem isn't Fire Emblem without at least one incest ending and this game has Greek mythology level of of such ending😉

I think I'm going to creat a thread to put an emphasis on gathering this info. Im pretty sure plenty of people want to know what the fallen text in the epilogue is for them based off your route. 

Also which people are the incest pair here? I didn't realize anybody was related that is playable and could have a paired ending with A rank support. 

30 minutes ago, Tediz64 said:

Also which people are the incest pair here? I didn't realize anybody was related that is playable and could have a paired ending with A rank support. 

Spoiler

Byleth and Rhea. Depending on how you look at it Byleth has one of many (or all!) types of familial relations with Rhea.

You can, of course, argue that they aren't technically related because it's all magic mumbo jumbo rather than real world genetics. But this is Fire Emblem, which means that it must be incest.

48 minutes ago, Arachnofiend said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Byleth and Rhea. Depending on how you look at it Byleth has one of many (or all!) types of familial relations with Rhea.

You can, of course, argue that they aren't technically related because it's all magic mumbo jumbo rather than real world genetics. But this is Fire Emblem, which means that it must be incest.

Oh. I thought there was an actual brother and sister (or cousin) thing going on like in Fates. Or something like the twincest from Sacred Stones. Hmm, I haven't seen enough content from all the routes and it never struck me as them being related. Oh well. 

The lord class (first one) require D+ swords and C in authority which I would say is a reference to all the lords excluding Ephraim and Hector as the rest pretty much were sword units or sword focused units  before promotion and the hint of authority is a link to then all being leaders of their respective groups .  They also fight with a more rapier style of fighting which is also a reference to a good portion of them being able to use the rapier and that usually being lord exclusive even in some cases 

Actually I think Sylvain and Ingrid fit the Christmas Knight trope very well besides being different classes (but both start as lance soldiers). Sylvain has a red colour theme and Ingrid is green. They are childhood friends and fit the stat grwoths too. One more bulky the other one faster. And characterwise they fit too.,