Fire Emblem Fates Crossover: The Fourth Path is Narnia!

Dr. C

In C.S. Lewis' a Horse and His Boy, by some funny twist of fate, the main character, Shasta is revealed to be none other than Prince Corin, the lost heir to the throne of the kingdom of Archenland who was kidnapped as a baby (Sounds awfully familiar?) prophesied to save his Kingdom from a disaster (Also sounds familiar), neighboring kingdom of Narnia.

Ignore the fact that the spelling is of Corrin is slightly different and suddenly... a new path in Fire Emblem Fates opens up with Corrin saying, screw the plot of this game, I want to go to a magical land with talking animals and magical creatures and a better written plot!

New Units become unlocked

Aslan-He would undoubtably be a Gotoh.
Peter- (Would this guy be anything but a Hero with that crazy sword of his?)
Edmumd- Master of Arms (He doesn't have any real distinguished weapon in story but demonstrates a lot of profiency in combat)  
Lucy- Troubadour (Promotes to Maid because in-story she has a dagger)
Susan-Archer (Her signature weapon is a bow afterall)  
Twin Brother Cor- I mean he's an identical twin so...
Aravis-Bride (She is stuck in an arranged marriage in story)
Lasaraleen-Minor character with a memorable personality but since she is shown to clearly not be cut out for combat... Shrine Maiden?)

Bree and Hwin (Talking horses totally add a whole new layer to combat don't you think?) 

When lions roar, a child drifts ashore.
A scorned lover declares unjust war.
Ride away to be set free from life of slavery!
Sing with me a song of fantastic beasts and magic and delicious feasts (No seriously the number of times meals are described in meticulous and mouthwatering detail in this book warrents this lyric)
Coherent engaging plot with consistent tone
Lost in thoughts all alone.

Will you side with Archenland/Narnia?

I thought the fourth path was choosing to smash...

Hahaha, that's an amusing comparison. Rabadash is totally the final boss here, no. Or we bringing in Tash into this? Hehehe...

Funny?  Yep.  Suited for this subforum?  Nope.

Since this is an idea (and not an actual fic), I'm gonna shove this in Far from the Forest.

EDIT: Even if the true fourth option is "screw the story, I'm going to fight in the Smash universe".

Edited by eclipse

47 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Funny?  Yep.  Suited for this subforum?  Nope.

Since this is an idea (and not an actual fic), I'm gonna shove this in Far from the Forest.

EDIT: Even if the true fourth option is "screw the story, I'm going to fight in the Smash universe".

So.. I have other idea threads some in the similar vein of “crossover” as well as made up classes designed for certain games. Where would I put things like that? 

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I thought the fourth path was choosing to smash...

Hahaha, that's an amusing comparison. Rabadash is totally the final boss here, no. Or we bringing in Tash into this? Hehehe...

Considering how less than subtle Aslan is at mocking Rabadash’s devotion to Tash combined with C.S Lewis’ well known religious leanings, I had interpreted Tash as being a “man made” god that was largely powerless when pitted against the might of Aslan.

That being said, it would fall in line with Fire Emblem tradition of fighting deities or dragons as final bosses. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. C said:

Considering how less than subtle Aslan is at mocking Rabadash’s devotion to Tash combined with C.S Lewis’ well known religious leanings, I had interpreted Tash as being a “man made” god that was largely powerless when pitted against the might of Aslan.

That being said, it would fall in line with Fire Emblem tradition of fighting deities or dragons as final bosses. 

I wouldn't say Tash is man made. Considering Aslan is meant to be Jesus (not just an allegory, I think Lewis outright stated they're meant to be the same being), it's likely Tash is just, or correlated, to a pagan god.

Well, do remember FE has done its exceptions. A mere human like Rabadash can still work as a final boss; and we can keep the "stuck on a hook" bit since he's meant to survive.

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I wouldn't say Tash is man made. Considering Aslan is meant to be Jesus (not just an allegory, I think Lewis outright stated they're meant to be the same being), it's likely Tash is just, or correlated, to a pagan god.

Well, do remember FE has done its exceptions. A mere human like Rabadash can still work as a final boss; and we can keep the "stuck on a hook" bit since he's meant to survive.

True  but Mad King Ashnard has a menacing ring to it that Rabadash the Ridiculous does not plus in that case he is riding Rajalon who definitely has a foreboding enough appearance to qualify as an endgame dragon albeit loosely.

13 minutes ago, Dr. C said:

True  but Mad King Ashnard has a menacing ring to it that Rabadash the Ridiculous does not plus in that case he is riding Rajalon who definitely has a foreboding enough appearance to qualify as an endgame dragon albeit loosely.

I'd put him between Veld and Ashnard. Besides, the "Ridiculous" nickname only applied after his defeat and following humiliation. I'll admit I've only read the book, where the battle is only described. Perhaps he was indeed capable of being quite the menacing adversary in the BBC adaptation, if they bothered to show the battle fully. Haven't seen that one to confirm, though.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd put him between Veld and Ashnard. Besides, the "Ridiculous" nickname only applied after his defeat and following humiliation. I'll admit I've only read the book, where the battle is only described. Perhaps he was indeed capable of being quite the menacing adversary in the BBC adaptation, if they bothered to show the battle fully. Haven't seen that one to confirm, though.

That is true and I will admit he comes off as threatening in the dialogue preceding the Narnia invasion and the fact that Susan and company felt the need to flee him rather than say no to the marriage says a lot about his violent temper. 

As for the BBC adaptions I’ve only seen the one and it was wretched. Don’t see Disney doing an adaptation anytime soon 😞

Edited by Dr. C
Forgot to type content

On 9/19/2019 at 6:39 PM, Dr. C said:

So.. I have other idea threads some in the similar vein of “crossover” as well as made up classes designed for certain games. Where would I put things like that? 

Probably here.  But if you actually turn that idea into a fic or something, that would go into Creative.