Wave 3 and 4 DLC Info Leaked (Famitsu) (SPOILERS)

BZL8

52 minutes ago, timon said:

I'm surprised by straight up new characters though, I was sure it would've been Rhea and Sothis (and Jeralt with some weird shenaningans).

Interacting with cats is obviously a great addition, not so much interacting with dogs...

Yeah, this is still weird to me. It would save them a lot of time and effort to implement Rhea or Geralt, who already have full rigs/animations/stats/etc, rather than create entirely new characters from scratch. Idk, we'll see. 

Edit: I spelled Jeralt with a "G", lol.

Edited by dragonlordsd

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abyss mode might be some kind of postgame challenges instead of a straight up new difficulty : either it will be like trial maps (like in older games), or an infinity gauntlet of some sorts.

The new story contents promised in the 4th wave might just be the paralogues, instead something Torna-like that we expected (and considering it has the same format as previous story DLCs in modern FE, it sounds very likely).

I'm hoping whatever is in those DLCs has something to justify all those lvl99 related features that are impossible to achieve in a regular playthrough...

Edited by Modirufa6317

I'm going to guess Juris, Balthazar, Constanze and Javi aren't new students or Church members, but rather part of paralogues or the side story. I saw someone suggesting that they might be wielders of some of the Crests lost to time, and that sounds interesting to me.

With any luck, playable Jeritza will shed some light on the Death Knight subplot and early game shenanigans. I can't shake the feeling that this arc originally looked rather different in earlier drafts, since what we got in the end product is a bit messy.

Edited by Thane

So Jeritza will be playable now? And with supports? Yaaaay

I wonder which characters (other that Byleth) he'll support.

Edited by Troykv

1 hour ago, dragonlordsd said:

I know some people are whining about how "stuff should have been in the game from the start", but most of the paid stuff is just extras anyway.

it depends

if this stuff is actually extra content, which is by no means necessary or which is not there to fix some of the original game's problems, that's fine, but if this is not the case, imo complaining about it is justified

think about ffxv's season pack, where they felt like fixing a butchered story which wasn't meant to be fixed

Edited by Yexin

Just now, Timlugia said:

Pretty much every translation I read states "Abyss" is a story content rather than difficulty. 

Exactly. So why do people here are paniking about 'It's only harder difficulty and we don't get new story except paralogues'?

People also think Jeritza is bind to Crimson Flower, but didn't he kept his identity hidden as Death Knight in the path? Like even Manuela didn't realize his true identity

It's actually Azure Moon that he exposed his true identity, but this is also the second to the last chapter in the past so I don't know the point having him usable here either.

10 minutes ago, Troykv said:

So Jeritza will be playable now? And with supports? Yaaaay

I wonder which characters (other that Byleth) he'll support.

My guess is: Mercedes (duh), Edelgard (maybe explaining her undying devotion), Hubert (both serve Edelgard), and maybe a few others, depending on what they do for his backstory.

My headcanon was that House Hyrm brainwashed him into a killing machine and presented him to Edelgard/Flame Emperor as a gift. She promptly had him kill them, and the rest is history.

8 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

People also think Jeritza is bind to Crimson Flower, but didn't he kept his identity hidden as Death Knight in the path? Like even Manuela didn't realize his true identity

It's actually Azure Moon that he exposed his true identity, but this is also the second to the last chapter in the past so I don't know the point having him usable here either.

The fact Jeritza feels so far removed from CF supports the idea he was supposed to have content there; and even shows his human side like Manuela commented.

2 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Finally I can understand Jeritza's motives. Dude is the second biggest case of cut content after the Black Eagles route.

I would argue that Rhea is the second biggest content cut instead, assuming Sothis wasn't meant to be playable (which probably is)

especially consider she's a completed character and Silver Snow supposedly focus on her character and motivation more.

think I will do an S support with Jeritza on some playthrough, but I hope he is playable on BL route since that on is my fav.  I am looking forward to playing with that little black cat since my cat looks like that one.  I wish my dog was in the game too, but everyone tends to dislike pit bulls even though they are fine if raised like other dog breeds.

39 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

The text says "certain routes only" which seems to imply he won't be available on multiple routes but it would be more interesting if he's only recruitable on the other routes if you have Mercedes (and Caspar) and do her paralogue.

13 minutes ago, Thane said:

So for wave 4 there are costumes for the Byleths and Sothis...so Sothis is playable? Or will she just wear different stuff in our room? 

I certainly hope so!

Imagine, Sothis killing the final BE boss.

EDIT: We don't know anything about the free update for wave 4, do we? If so maybe as a final free update they'll make Sothis, Rhea and Jeralt playable? 

Edited by Hekselka

If we assume that each of the DLC Character will have 1 of the Remaining Crests (Anna gets Ernest) and be in one of the new Classes, I'm going to predict that we will have two new Physical Class and two Magical Class based on Crest effect.

Aubin (prevents counters) and Chevalier (HP Drain) Crest holders will be two new physical classes, I want to guess Chevalier will be a Mounted Class.

Noa (conserve attack magic) Crest Bearer will be the Magical Damage Class

Timotheos (conserve healing magic) Crest Bearer will be the Healer Class

Hoping for magical flyers.

Didn't the original datamine show an Infernal difficulty option after Maddening? What's the Japanese wording for Infernal compared to what was translated as "Abyss"? If someone can confirm they are in fact different words, I feel it would clear up any misunderstandings about "Abyss Mode". If it is the same, however, I suspect you either pull over your Cleared Save units à la Trial Maps or you're given similarly ridiculous units relevant to the side story.

Edited by Cor Leonis

Considering a good amount of people across all platforms are against a “Golden” route due to it sullying the story, I do find it funny that several are also salty about no playable Jeralt/Rhea/Sothis when making them so would likely also sully the story via screwing with their roles.

Im interested in what Abyss and the other content brings about regardless. I think the confusion is from what/when infernal difficulty is/comes out because Abyss sounds like it would be Apotheosis (at first to me)

Sounds really interesting. I'm really looking forward to having more classes. Hoping for a magic flyer unit. Anna and petting pets are just love right now. 🤑 I'm also excited to see more characters to play as too.

12 minutes ago, Escape the Fate said:

Considering a good amount of people across all platforms are against a “Golden” route due to it sullying the story, I do find it funny that several are also salty about no playable Jeralt/Rhea/Sothis when making them so would likely also sully the story via screwing with their roles.

Not wanting a golden route does not mean new story content shouldn't be able to shake up a hypothetical new path.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Not wanting a golden route does not mean new story content shouldn't be able to shake up a hypothetical new path.

I agree so long as it’s a new path. That’s where the confusion is (regarding what Abyss is and how the new ones will be implemented) Them being playable in any of the 4 routes as constructed would be ludicrous in my mind. I’m interested to see how it plays regardless as I don’t particularly care either way, bonus content is bonus content.

I suppose the new characters will have the lost crests. I wonder how that l will work? Will everyone act is if they were there since the beginning of the game? Or they are from a secluded part of the continent? All the characters in the game are intertwined with each other.

Edited by Jingle Jangle