Wave 3 and 4 DLC Info Leaked (Famitsu) (SPOILERS)

BZL8

Anna with the crest of Ernest is funny as hell because that my and my mother's names.

That said, 4 classes are not enought to fix 3H class system but more than enought to break it further. Considering the balance so Far, we are going to get Dark Flyer whit the strongest version of Galeforce so far. 

Also i hoped for charcters like Judith to be playable, but this seems to not be the case. I am quite interested in seeing what they are going to do whit him.  For now i bet on Manuela being a support, on top of Byleth and Mercedes being 100% obvious. And please give him budding talent in Reason just so DK is his best class.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Escape the Fate said:

Considering a good amount of people across all platforms are against a “Golden” route due to it sullying the story, I do find it funny that several are also salty about no playable Jeralt/Rhea/Sothis when making them so would likely also sully the story via screwing with their roles.

Why? Not sure about how Jeralt works, but a playable Sothis or Rhea with reasonable justification (not forcefully shove into your group) would actually clear up a lot of unanswered questions, like how Sothis knows so much about demonic beasts despite she supposedly "died" before crests were even created. or how about Sothis told you we much read the whole diary from Jeralt, and we simply never do?

Like my post "unanswered questions" the game left so many cliffhangers even just with these three characters.

Edited by Timlugia

11 minutes ago, Escape the Fate said:

I agree so long as it’s a new path. That’s where the confusion is (regarding what Abyss is and how the new ones will be implemented) Them being playable in any of the 4 routes as constructed would be ludicrous in my mind. I’m interested to see how it plays regardless as I don’t particularly care either way, bonus content is bonus content.

If I remember correctly in FE Sacred Stones you could use the villains if you completed a post game dungeon. They were obviously non cannon but you could still use them. I wouldn't mind it if they introduced Sothis, Rhea and Jeralt in a "you can use these units but they're 100% non-canon" kind of way.

Trying to get them playable IN the story would be veeeeery  messy (only Sothis could work somewhat and even that would be shaky) and they'd probably mess it up someway.

1 minute ago, Timlugia said:

Why? Not sure about how Jeralt works, but a playable Sothis or Rhea with reasonable justification (not forcefully shove into your group) would actually clear up a lot of unanswered questions, like how Sothis knows so much about demonic beasts despite she supposedly "died" before crests were even created.

How? 

Spoiler

They could BS their way for a Sothis unit but Rhea is stuck in prison for most of 3 of the four routes. 

4 hours ago, BZL8 said:

Is it a surprise that Anna is paid DLC at this point? 

Anna was part of the paid DLC back at Fates. I think Intelligent Systems and Nintendo probably wanted to have Anna fans to still keep play her in Three Houses.

2 hours ago, KnightOfNohr said:

My guess is: Mercedes (duh), Edelgard (maybe explaining her undying devotion), Hubert (both serve Edelgard), and maybe a few others, depending on what they do for his backstory.

My headcanon was that House Hyrm brainwashed him into a killing machine and presented him to Edelgard/Flame Emperor as a gift. She promptly had him kill them, and the rest is history.

I think Leone and Alois are possibly going to be part of Jeralt's support conversation as well. The total reason that I think Jeralt should have a support conversation with Leone since he is Leone's mentor after all and we know that Jeralt kinda doesn't seem like he want to be with Alois, I kinda wondered what relationship does Jeralt with Alois.

Edited by King Marth 64

Huh, well this is something. I think I just had a dream that said something about being on guard against false news, but anyways...

Wave 3
- Playable Jeritza is interesting. I wonder if we will actually get Jeritiza or his alter ego instead.
-- I honestly just see him being playable in Crimson Flower, but they could rewrite BL a bit so he joins the party there.
- New support convos! Maybe there will finally be one between Marianne and Bernadetta, as they apparently has a more powerful "Linked Boost" in combat.
- Anna being DLC is not surprising. I just wonder if it will be the shopkeep Anna or a different one. What will her class be though?

- New Activities and New Facilities seems interesting. There is that area to the far right of the monastery, so I wonder what will be over there...
-- The Sauna being paid DLC is both surprising and not at the same time. I get tossing it into the DLC may get people to spend money, but it seems like it was supposed to be in the base game... I get dev time needed to be spent on it, but if it was meant to be in the base title, it should have been free. Just my opinion on it.
-- We can now play with the dogs and cats. All is well in the world of Fodlan.
- Huh, new Quests. I'm guessing they will likely be more generic ones or help introduce the player to the new mechanics. There aren't many "awesome" quests to undertake as most of them are generic or main-story related...

- Oh boy, Maid and Butler costumes... I guess this will be a thing now.

Wave 4
- Abyss Mode is the side story? I thought the datamine said Mirage Genealogy? Huh, unless...
-- Is Abyss Mode a non-canon side story where we have access to all playable characters? So, I can finally field Edelgard, Hubert, Dimitri, Dedue and Claude at once? If so, I'm definitely on board!
-- Bonus Points if they toss in Jeralt, Rhea, and Sothis in there!
-- Honestly doubt this is the case, but a man can dream...

- New Playable Characters: Yeah, I see these guys being part of Mirage Genealogy. However, I wonder if Abyss Mode is Mirage Genealogy, or if they are two separate things...
- New Classes Wishlist, Master Classes: Magic Armor, Magic Flier, Lance Infantry, Sword Infantry

- New Paralogues, Relics, Monsters, Quests, Battalions, and Gambits are all hype.
-- The main thing I wonder is if these additions are added to the base game, or only appear in the side story.
-- There is also the question if the side story is like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna (which seems less and less likely) or more like their other side stories like "The Future Past" and "Heirs of Fate." While FE DLC Side Stories have been good, they were rather short. While I would love a 10 mission side story, we'll be lucky if we get 5 missions.

The maid/butler costumes are just that? A costume? Not a class? I was hoping it would be an Advanced class with proficiency in sword and faith. The characters that would probably do well in this class are Lysithea, Mercedes, Dorothea, Ignatz, Bernie, Ashe, and Marianne (especially Marianne).

Wave 4 is quite interesting.

• 4 completely new characters
  • There's 4 crests remaining besides Anna.
  • 4 new classes.

I'm willing to bet that each character is going to correspond with a crest and their personal boons and banes will be suitable for those classes.

1 hour ago, Hekselka said:

How? 

Hide contents

They could BS their way for a Sothis unit but Rhea is stuck in prison for most of 3 of the four routes. 

Having Rhea as recruitble in part1, and returns in Shambhla (which she told you she was going to fight anyway) probably works.

Looking at her tea time convo, mostly were based on preskip context, only one is post skip

Edited by Timlugia

I'm very curious about the new characters and especially the side story. I wonder what abyss stands for... A bit disappointed about the lack of a dlc that explores further the past of the three lords and Rhea... I'm also very happy about Jeritza! I'm not far into my BL run, but I don't think the story reveals a lot about him... Hopefully we'll get more details before their release!

Just now, Timlugia said:

Having Rhea as recruitble in part1, and freturns in Shambhla (which she told you she was going to fight anyway) probably works.

Oh, I'd be fine with that and have already considered that but wouldn't the problem here be that you couldn't use her for the a big chunk of the timeskip?

Personally, I don't have a problem with that but some other people might be annoyed that the unit they have been training left and that they're forced to replace it. Though...they could make it so that you can only use her after you completed the game once?

Just now, Hekselka said:

Oh, I'd be fine with that and have already considered that but wouldn't the problem here be that you couldn't use her for the a big chunk of the timeskip?

Personally, I don't have a problem with that but some other people might be annoyed that the unit they have been training left and that they're forced to replace it. Though...they could make it so that you can only use her after you completed the game once?

Well, she would be like Dedue, so it's not like a first with Three Houses anyway.

At least it's more reasonable than "Sothis's optional clothes" as we lost Sothis permanently 3/8 into the game, unless they are making her playable as well, she also didn't have much actual scene time to begin with anyway.

Having those character as bonus in NG+ like you said also works.

1 hour ago, Timlugia said:

. or how about Sothis told you we much read the whole diary from Jeralt, and we simply never do?

Spoiler

You do in Verdant Wind, then Claude comes along and forces you to let him read it, too. Presumably it happens off-screen on other routes, due to lack of importance.

12 minutes ago, Seafarer said:
  Hide contents

You do in Verdant Wind, then Claude comes along and forces you to let him read it, too. Presumably it happens off-screen on other routes, due to lack of importance.

You really only get a few more pages, how about thing like true age of Jeralt? Or any info between Jeralt and Rhea in the past 100+ years? There were plenty other questions raised about him in the game, and it's also weird Claude was not interesting/didn't read in Jeralt being 100+ years old or having major crest of Seiros.

Honestly, even after beating all routes, I still don't know much about Jeralt. Even Byleth himself express the confusion and/or desire to know more about him in several supports.

Edited by Timlugia

Wow, Nintendo has been pretty bad about keeping DLC for their games a secret as of late. As for the content itself, there is a lot of interesting content here.

Playable Jeritza in certain routes huh...I assume that Black Eagles route is one of them which is fine since I haven't even played that route yet so I might just use Jeritza on that path. I wonder if he will be able to access his 'unique' class or if he will only be limited to the same classes everyone else uses. I am already calling that two of his proficiencies will be lances and riding for obvious reasons.

And Anna, I was wondering if they were going to make her a DLC character. I was really hoping they would since surely they would do more with her since they bothered to bring her voice actor in to do a few lines plus she also has one of the missing crests on her clothes. I wonder what her proficiences will be? Past playable Annas had good magic growths but never really use magic attack so maybe this one will be good with reason since we haven't had a magic wielding Anna yet?

I'm kind of concerned if Anna is going to have support conversations since it doesn't list new support conversations under paid DLC. Is it going to be a situation like Fates where data for the support conversations with her will be included in the free update but you must buy the DLC in order to access them the game itself? It would nice to see her have support conversation because Anna actually had good support conversations in Warriors and it would be nice seeing her interact with characters like Ashe and Ignatz. Plus if she doesn't have support conversations it will be hard for people to consider using Anna since she won't be able to take advantage of the hit and avoid boosts from support bonuses.

And we can interact with the animals, cool. Meanwhile I could care less about the Maid/Butler/Sauna thing since it sounds like the same unnecessary fluff Fates had.

As for DLC wave 4 the thing I am most interested in is the new classes. I really hope one of them is a master class that is good with swords since I am kind of tired of seeing Blyeth in the Enlightened One class. Maybe Dread Fighter since that always seems to be a DLC option and really like that class. Hoping for a flying magic class as well like Dark Falcon or Malig Knight even if it does end up breaking the game harder than Wyvern Lord did. As for the other two classes as long as it is not something silly like Bride than I would be fine. Maybe something like Halbedier added to advanced class and some other brand new class.

So yeah, can't wait for Wave 3 to come out even if it is just for Anna. Hopefully like Wave 2, Wave 3 will be out in November instead of waiting until the end of December.

3 hours ago, Hekselka said:

EDIT: We don't know anything about the free update for wave 4, do we? If so maybe as a final free update they'll make Sothis, Rhea and Jeralt playable? 

This is what sticks out to me, considering Nintendo's website mentions wave 4 including a free update as well, but there's no mention of wave 4's free content in this leak. I've already bought the dlc (personally just can't stand fByleth's default outfit, so that's what made me cave), so I don't really mind if it's included in the free or paid update, but I'd love to have some supports with Jeralt. Plus, as others have said, it wouldn't make any sense to have a new outfit for Sothis if she isn't playable. 

For me, the most interesting stuff is pretty much all in wave 3. Being able to interact with the cats and dogs is a+, and I'm glad to have more new activities in general. I'm only halfway through my first playthrough still, but most of the time when I explore I have more activity points than i know what to do with and I just end up spamming mealtime... plus, I'm always happy for more outfits. I just hope the maid outfits will look good, and won't be skimpy and weird lol. 

edit: grammar

Edited by lynel

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

Maybe Dread Fighter since that always seems to be a DLC option and really like that class.

Why do people keep pretending it doesn't already exist ingame? It's the Mortal Savant, and it's garbage, trash, worthless. I'd much rather some more purist classes, like others have mentioned. Maybe have the vanguard as a merging of the Hero/Fortress knight lines having the ultimate power of a high defense unit not speed screwed.

2 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

You’re telling me we have to pay to play with cats and dogs?!

I know I’m probably one of those OCD pet cuddlers, but that’s an EA move if I’ve ever seen one.

It is a dastardly pay2pet scheme.

I suggest we start a petition in protest.

Wave 3 free stuff: I like the free jeritza add on you can get, honestly surprised he wasn't the one in the paid dlc and not anna. l;looking forward to new supports, hopefully, they can get more BE members to have supports with other houses(some characters only have 1 not counting byleth).

Wave 3 paid stuff: Not rlly intrested in Anna at all, (i would rather have the gatekeeper over anna) and the fact there are only 12 missions is kinda meh(we dont even know if they will have new maps) which sucks, as long as the jeritza paralogue involves Mercedes im fine.

Im still prolly gonna wait for wave 4 news to see if im buying (prooly not as there are a ton of games i wanna play) but if the paid stuff was something like a short side story about jeritza i would buy it, not rlly worth the purchase for fucking anna