Wave 3 and 4 DLC Info Leaked (Famitsu) (SPOILERS)

BZL8

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playable Jeritza and Anna are both cool. I'm hoping Jeritza isn't exclusive to the Black Eagles, however.

The Suana and petting DLC seem like good ways to add variety to the game's daily activities. Kinda nitpicking, but I'm hoping the Sauna will depict the characters in a yukata or kimono rather than a bath-towel or underwear.

New playable classes seem like they'll be fun to use on repeat playthroughs. I'm hoping that we can promote characters using some item like in Fates and Awakening rather than grinding to absurd levels. Hoping for the following classes

• Maid / Butler: (White magic and Sword Focus)
  • Spearmaster: (Lance Focus)
  • Some Armored class
  • Summoner (Black Magic focus with special ability to summon phantoms)

Compared to Fates, Awakening, and Echoes, the DLC here seems pretty solid given its pricing. Still, I think stuff like the Sauna and ability to play with animals should be available for everyone.

Well, I there are some Jeritza supports we’d like to see. Byleth (both genders) is obvious, though whether he will be a gay option is far less obvious. Then there’s the likes of Mercedes, Manuela, and Flayn, who were affected by him in the story. Edelgard and Hubert, too. Then there’s fellow professor Hanneman, fellow fighters Felix, Caspar, and Catherine... there’s a lot.

As for Anna, it might just be Byleth. But I do not know any other options other than maybe Ashe and Flayn (the main hagglers of the cast).

Just got done w/ch. 20 in my BL run. Now I really hope there could be a way for Jertiza to be playable in BL. Yeah they'd have to rewrite some things here and there, idk how they'd do it , especially considering all the times DK is an enemy on multiple maps and then of course ch.20. Yet considering DK is the most "involved" in BL due to Mercedes, it be nice if Jertiza could be in BL somehow. Otherwise you'd have to recruit Mercedes into a BE-E run, which I personally couldn't see myself doing. It feel so wrong to me after doing a BL run hah. It certainly be nice considering how much wasted potential Jertiza was.

I guess you could argue in a BE-E run, having Mercedes go against Jertiza and as the player use Jertiza to murder Mercedes would add more "enjoyable" tragic effect to the story and also for players who like to be sadistic by going on a  slaughterfest in their BE-E run.

Thoughts:

What's missing: Rhea and Judith, I really wanted Judith to join in GD and Rhea in Church. Since they added Jeritza, to BE most likely, they should add others to the other routes. 

What's in it: 

New online features (hopefully online battles, I haven't use online once, so it would be cool to have that).

Anna (duh, but I love Anna, so I'm cool with this).

New monastery facilities (Sauna and what else I wonder? I never used the Sauna in fates, but maybe I will in this game. Wonder where it's going to be?)

New quests (as long as it doesn't make me grow more stuff I can't get haha)

Playing with dogs and cats (Yessss! Those animals were just asking for pets! I was hoping the horses too lol).

New costumes: Maid, Butler and more (Hoping the costumes will also be for Catherine and the other staff members, cause they need love too).

Side story: Abyss Mode (interested in see what the spin off is about)

New playable characters: Juris, Balthazar, Constanze and Javi [tentative translations] (4 new characters, hope they are cool!)

New classes (4) (Hoping: Trueblade - Sword and Brawling expert, Female Dark Mage or Fist fighting class, Male magic expert class, and A lance focused class).

New hero relics (Hopefully for those who didn't get some, I believe some characters didnt have them).

New paralogues (I'm guessing to get the heroes relics haha).

The rest of the stuff not mentioned sounds good, and all in all this seems well worth the 25 bucks or whatever. I'm down and excited! My main wants are more costumes and stuff for church characters, Catherine needs love too. And the Trueblade or some kinds non magic sword master class.

Edited by Dylan Corona

11 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

New monastery facilities (Sauna and what else I wonder? I never used the Sauna in fates, but maybe I will in this game. Wonder where it's going to be?)

It's actually already in the game, but you just can't access it. There's a stairway near the Training Grounds, and if you go up there and walk near the building, some text will come up that says Sauna. Maybe IS intended to implement it earlier? Either way, having some more facilities at the monastery will be nice. 

1 minute ago, LegendOfLoog said:

It's actually already in the game, but you just can't access it. There's a stairway near the Training Grounds, and if you go up there and walk near the building, some text will come up that says Sauna. Maybe IS intended to implement it earlier? Either way, having some more facilities at the monastery will be nice. 

Oh! Where we found the thing for the Anna shop. Cool! I was wondering what that spot was for. I hope it won't cost an activity point if it's just for fun. Like I hope it does something, like increase bond and motivation.

It's possible that Abyss Mode may be like Heroes from Another Dimension from Kirby Star Allies. It was basically a harder difficulty but it added more to the story and did it's own thing in a lot of ways.

Anyway, I'm going to be very curious to see these new characters as well as the new Monastery activities. 

1 hour ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

Compared to Fates, Awakening, and Echoes, the DLC here seems pretty solid given its pricing.

Yeah, you're not paying, like, upwards of $30-40 just for grinding maps and utterly useless and redundant classes for a game whose difficulty doesn't even stem from the lack of class options or ability to progress one's party.

1 hour ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

Byleth (both genders) is obvious, though whether he will be a gay option is far less obvious.

Jeritza is fight-sexual.

All that matters is he gets a good fight in before they do the deed.

The only concern I really have is how Anna will be handled.  I didn't like Awakening Anna or Fates Anna... but Warriors Anna, I actually liked quite a bit.  Since it is Koei-Techmo that did most of the legwork, perhaps she'll be more like the Anna I prefer.

1 hour ago, Dylan Corona said:

Thoughts:

What's missing: Rhea and Judith, I really wanted Judith to join in GD and Rhea in Church. Since they added Jeritza, to BE most likely, they should add others to the other routes.

Let's say hypothetically they added one unit as free update to each path, Jeritza being Crimson Flower, Rhea being Silver Snow and Judith being Verdant Wind(Sothis probably all route)

Who should be added to Azure Moon? Or none because AM already has more characters than any houses?

Edited by Timlugia

17 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Let's say hypothetically they added one unit as free update to each path, Jeritza being Crimson Flower, Rhea being Silver Snow and Judith being Verdant Wind

Who should be added to Azure Moon? Or none because AM already has more characters than any houses?

Rodrigue, obviously!

Me in front of the sauna, waiting for the DLC to drop:

giphy.gif

But seriously, it's about time we got playable Jeritza. Hopefully the new classes will include magic/flying or magic/armor. 

Also I really like the name Balthazar.

Edited by Scoot

48 minutes ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

Unless the devs are willing to rewrite fair chunks of both the BL and SS paths, Rodrigue and Rhea shouldn't be playable in either routes. 

Rhea fits quite well for preskip, it's only post skip she's a problem since she joins you only at second to the last chapter.

Like she could join you after chapter 4 once you "proved" yourself by getting Sword of the Creator (the same time her support chain opens). As I mentioned earlier, this is also reflected by some of her datamine quotes like tea time, where all but one had pre-skip nature.

But even then her lines suggested she was supposedly usable at Shambhla as she clearly told you she will fight, and in battle exchange were mostly between her and Thales.

By the same standard both Anna and Jeritza are also problematic lore wise: Anna canonically didn't show up until chapter 16 despite having appearance in some supports and pre-battle shops, unless they will use "multiple Anna" troupe again. Jeritza in Crimson Flower didn't "rejoin" empire until chapter 12, was still known as Death Knight by Manuela until like chapter 14, never revealed his identity in Crimson Flower, so it would be interesting how they will integrate him. Or maybe they will just pull Awakening and disregard the lore....

Edited by Timlugia

Honestly wish they'd made Nader and Judith playable. Especially Judith since she literally just stays in the monastery for a significant portion of the GD route. Also was kinda hoping they'd add Holst in but oh well.

I hope the four new characters won't be like Fernand in Echoes where they'll be only playable in a paralogue or ministory or something. I hope they can be recruited permanently.

I’m surprised Jeritza is free. He’s most likely BE exclusive, as that path seems the easiest to shoehorn him into the story. BL would need some degree of rewriting, and he isn’t so relevant in GD.

I have a feeling the Wave 4 new characters might be the way to introduce the Crests lost to history. There’s still 5 Crests remaining without any Hero Relic/Sacred Weapon, and they’re introducing new Hero Relics as well.

Since there’s 4 characters, 1 Crest would probably be left behind for another character. I’m guessing it’s Ernest, since it’s probably in Anna instead, as her outfit has the Crest.

Edited by singularity

This pay2pet marketing strategy is just too evil....

But anyway, I'm really excited <3 I hope Jeritza won't be exclusive for the BE route only to be honest, or at least I hope they would let us recruit him in the BL route. 

7 hours ago, Scoot said:

Me in front of the sauna, waiting for the DLC to drop:

giphy.gif

lmao, same.

8 hours ago, Timlugia said:

Let's say hypothetically they added one unit as free update to each path, Jeritza being Crimson Flower, Rhea being Silver Snow and Judith being Verdant Wind(Sothis probably all route)

Well was thinking Judith doe GD, Rhea for BL (and maybe Church, kinda like how Catherine joins up, or none could would be most likely, and Jeritza would just be another Hubert and leaves after you pick Rhea) and then Jeritza for BE (Or maybe Jeritza will be have a chance to return in all routes if you have him max with his sis/Byleth, and you spare him, like how it is with other characters). I know it seems unlikely, but that's just my dream haha.

Someone pointed out we are still missing the Free Update for Wave 4, that could be Rhea, Judith and/or Sothis. Wishful thinking, since i think the 4th DLC won't have any real connections to the main game. But only time will tell. I'm excited no matter what!

Edited by Dylan Corona

Actually it does make sense to give BE a free unit and the other houses don't. BE has the fewest possible characters to recrut. They are missing Claude, Hilda, Dimitri, Dedue, Catherine, Gilbert, Seteth, Flayn... it would make them more equal by numbers.

Theory: One of the new classes Wave 4 will introduce will be a Sword/Brawling infantry unit available to women for Catherine and Judith. Judith's a Lord, and although we don't know her proficiencies or growths, her start as a sword unit may hinder her advancement, especially as a lategame unit.