Wave 3 and 4 DLC Info Leaked (Famitsu) (SPOILERS)

BZL8

Man, no playable Ladislava, Randolph, and Fleche? If the new "story content" is a newer difficulty mode, I will be utterly disappointed. I wanted a prequel chapters or more CF chapters honestly. Assuming that Jeritza becomes playable, then I guess extra CF chapters? I can't see him playable in the other routes. Maybe Azure Moon, but then that would be boring.

Edited by Spectrum

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I caved and gave this a read, but fortunately there aren't any spoilers here for anyone who's already played the game. I just hope I do a better job of resisting temptation next time.

On 9/20/2019 at 3:37 PM, BZL8 said:

Wave 3

Free DLC

• New playable character: Jeritza (certain routes only)
  • New support conversations [presumably featuring Jeritza]
  • New activities
  • New online features

Jeritza! interesting! This means we won't need a DLC story to explain his. I imagine he's playable in CF and possibly VW and SS since DK doesn't have any story significance in Part 2 of those. No idea what activities could be: maybe something to select instead of Explore and Battle (since those are the only two worth anything)?

Paid DLC 

• New playable character: Anna
  • New monastery facilities
  • New online [features?]
  • Anna and Jeritza paralogue
  • New quests (around 10)
  • New activities: Sauna [who didn’t see this coming?], playing with dogs and cats(!)
  • New costumes: Maid, Butler and more 
  • New battalions: Maid and Butler

Anna and the Sauna were obvious, hopefully the latter isn't too egregious...but we're also getting Maids and Butlers, so I fear the worst. I think it's dumb that playing with the animals is part of the paid DLC though: why? That Anna has a paralogue with Jeritza is interesting though. If it's the same Anna who opens up shop in Part 2, then this paralogue is exclusive to then too. If Jeritza is exclusive to CF it'd make sense (CF misses out on a lot of Paralogues that the others have).

New monastery facilities: we're getting some in Wave 4 too so I have to wonder if they'll make existing parts of the Monastery interactable or add new buildings. There are blank patches in the original map, not to mention gates and doors that don't lead anywhere right now...

Also, I always found it odd that Choir Practice boosted Faith (and Authority) but no other activity boosted a stat. Maybe that's what all these new facilities will do?

Wave 4

Paid DLC

• Side story: Abyss Mode
  • New playable characters: Juris, Balthazar, Constanze and Javi [tentative translations]
  • New support conversations

It's called a side story, so I don't think this is an extra difficulty just yet. Also, these characters don't discount playable Rhea and Sothis, nor the chance of the DLC being a prequel. I agree that these four will have the missing Crests though (along with Anna). Heck, the Crests are said to be lost to time, so maybe these characters are from the past (and Anna's just hiding hers)?

Edit: Also, someone (I forget where) suggested Juris could be a mistranslation of Judith. I don't know if that's possible, but...

• New monastery facilities
  • New online features

More monastery stuff! Again, the DLC could be a prequel set after the Monastery was built (maybe set while Jeralt was a Knight?)

• New classes (4)

New classes: I hope we get more Master Classes based on the Sword; Mortal Savant isn't nearly enough. These are being added after Anna, which makes me think she'll be one of the Classes we already have (either that or she's adding a new Class but it's only an Intermediary one). As for the others, I hope they balance out the genders, e.g. give women a Brawling Class and men a Magic one. At the risk of making flight even more powerful, a flying mage or dedicated archer Class would be nice too. Can't let Claude have all the fun.

• New enemy monsters
  • New hero relics
  • New paralogues
  • New quests
  • New battalions
  • New gambits

I agree with everyone else that the new relics and paralogues are likely tied to the new characters/ Crests. Maybe they're all ageless and thus can join in the present day story too? Probably only one will join per route though; getting four units out of the blue would be a bit much. The new Battalions (with Gambits) will be bonus rewards from said Paralogues and the new monsters will likely be spread between the new Quests and the new story.

New costumes for Byleth (male), Byleth (female) and Sothis 

Sothis getting an outfit is a big hint that she'll be playable at some point (either for free or in a prequel) While the Byleth costumes are interesting. Maybe stuff inspired by past Lords or a Sothis cosplay?

As for the free stuff, I think that was just left out of this article (maybe it hasn't been finalised yet). I'm hoping for more save slots personally. Either that or Nintendo to allow offline backups with a firmware update. One of the two.

Edited by DefyingFates

I really thought that Hilda's brother might be added as a playable character, I guess not.

I'm looking forward to finding out what the new classes are and finally being able to interact with the animals around the monastery. 

There should be a couple of free additions during the 4th wave as well. 

I'll be curious to see what they mean by new relics though.

We already have the relics of Nemesis, the 10 Elites, and Maurice. Were there really more relics that took place in the ancient battle...

Unless they're trying to say that sacred weapons count as relics.

22 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'll be curious to see what they mean by new relics though.

We already have the relics of Nemesis, the 10 Elites, and Maurice. Were there really more relics that took place in the ancient battle...

Unless they're trying to say that sacred weapons count as relics.

Some of us are guessing that the new Heroes Relics will be for the crests that were lost to history.  IE Ernest, Aubin, Chevalier, Noa, and/or Timotheos.

I'm guessing that Ernest Crest Bearer will be Anna and the other 4 new charcters will have the remaining Crest.  We don't know when the new Relics were created, they could have been created in the past along with the other Relics or more recently like the Aymr. 

If it's the former maybe the other past Relics holders decided they did not want to slaughter any more Nabateans and went into hiding or possibly the other "Elite Candidates" never manifested a Crest so they didn't fault in the war.

1 minute ago, ZodiacSoldier said:

Some of us are guessing that the new Heroes Relics will be for the crests that were lost to history.  IE Ernest, Aubin, Chevalier, Noa, and/or Timotheos.

I'm guessing that Ernest Crest Bearer will be Anna and the other 4 new charcters will have the remaining Crest.  We don't know when the new Relics were created, they could have been created in the past along with the other Relics or more recently like the Aymr.  

If it's the former maybe the other past Relics holders decided they did not want to slaughter any more Nabateans and went into hiding or possibly the other "Elite Candidates" never manifested a Crest so they didn't fault in the war. 

We at least now that Chevalier was most likely on Seiros side. The church has a golem called 'Chevalier'... And another golem called 'Wilhelm' like the emperor who allied with Seiros and created the Empire.

>Anna shoehorned as DLC again

Wack, people call a possible Cipher DLC lame but we get another forced gimmick character again. If they write her to be an actual character I'd be surprised.

Sothis was never happening btw. The best she'd get is a paralogue. She's stuck in Byleth's head and not once do we see her interacting with the world.

I'm not surprised none of the NPC fodder characters aren't relevant. They serve their roles in every route even if they are only relevant in certain routes. Not the first time a variety of characters are simple NPCs. I much prefer the new characters in comparison, would've loved Holst though. 

Edited by Seazas

1 hour ago, ZodiacSoldier said:

Me too, but now that I think about it some of these Crests do appear as Stones in one of the routes. Most notably

Spoiler

the Dark Creator Sword has Noa and Timotheos Stones. I guess it's possible we'll get this (I don't see it happening personally). But this does open the door for other Relics with two or more Crests. Heck, maybe we go full anime and have a weapon with every Crest built into it?

1 hour ago, Seazas said:

>Anna shoehorned as DLC again

Wack, people call a possible Cipher DLC lame but we get another forced gimmick character again. If they write her to be an actual character I'd be surprised.

Well, we know that you really love Cipher and wants to push it to other media

But how do you explain Cipher characters not "from this world" without going through Outrealm introduce another setting first?

Anna despite not being a physical character until chapter 16, has actually showed up since chapter 2 as pre-battle logistic menu.

Cipher has less lore connection than Archanea/Jugdural (which they can easily explain being same universe) or even FEH (since protagonist has power to open portals). Furthermore, it was Cipher team's own decision making so many people against them in other format. How can you expect people welcome them when they repeated refuse to release outside Japan or integrate with other FE titles?(except one time in SoV) Had Cipher being a core cast in FEH since day one, I am sure the idea will be far more acceptable by wider audiences.

Edited by Timlugia

1 hour ago, Timlugia said:

Well, we know that you really love Cipher and wants to push it to other media

But how do you explain Cipher characters not "from this world" without going through Outrealm introduce another setting first?

Anna despite not being a physical character until chapter 16, has actually showed up since chapter 2 as pre-battle logistic menu.

Cipher has less lore connection than Archanea/Jugdural (which they can easily explain being same universe) or even FEH (since protagonist has power to open portals). Furthermore, it was Cipher team's own decision making so many people against them in other format. How can you expect people welcome them when they repeated refuse to release outside Japan or integrate with other FE titles?(except one time in SoV) Had Cipher being a core cast in FEH since day one, I am sure the idea will be far more acceptable by wider audiences.

Better new faces with their own character quirks than pushing Anna and her unfunny money gimmick time after time. Anna was more charming as a reoccurring easter egg than hearing her spam money love in every support imo. Anna's actual reason for many of her being "I have tons of sisters who exist throughout any dimension!" is more weird and out of place in the narrative than any Cipher character inclusion.

The same way they were included in Echoes. Cipher characters come from another continent outside of Fodlan. 

I have no idea why Heroes chooses not to incorporate Cipher characters. But it's obviously not the Cipher team when Heroes ignores any FE media that's not from the main games. Warriors only got maps for one despite having plenty of options for a banner yet never had the opportunity of inclusion in CYL. Koei Tecmo's happily working on Three Houses with Intsys on Warriors' own engine so it's not like Koei's being stingy. Hell, TMS has a resurgence recently and there's no issues with licensing, Cipher used those characters ever since the first Wii U version came out. 

Heroes clearly wants to use main games only.

I'm glad Echoes didn't limit themselves on that. Wish Three Houses did the same.

Edited by Seazas

This may sound stupid but I really hope Jeritza has a normal voice with his increased role because he sounds absolutely ridiculous to me in his few in game lines. This guy is supposed to be a death knight but every time he talks (non Darth Vader mask voice) I'm thinking of Eeyore.

Edited by Boomhauer007

5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Me too, but now that I think about it some of these Crests do appear as Stones in one of the routes. Most notably

Hide contents

the Dark Creator Sword has Noa and Timotheos Stones. I guess it's possible we'll get this (I don't see it happening personally). But this does open the door for other Relics with two or more Crests. Heck, maybe we go full anime and have a weapon with every Crest built into it?

Spoiler

This just reminds me of why I wish they'd explain Edelgard's Aymr since the Crest Stone of Maurice is the only example we have of two stones bearing the same crest.

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:
  Hide contents

This just reminds me of why I wish they'd explain Edelgard's Aymr since the Crest Stone of Maurice is the only example we have of two stones bearing the same crest.

Given GD final boss rush entire gimmick is that they all use copies of your relics, they simply made a copy of maurices crest stone like all the rest of the artificial crest stones they made. I thought that was obvious?

2 hours ago, CyberNinja said:

Given GD final boss rush entire gimmick is that they all use copies of your relics, they simply made a copy of maurices crest stone like all the rest of the artificial crest stones they made. I thought that was obvious?

That's probably the case, but they still never explain why she can wield the combat art, you'd need matching crest for that.

It just occurred to me that the DLC doesn't change the one gameplay element I wanted to see addressed the most: unique animations for relic weapons. I've got a bit of a 14-year-old mentality when it comes to cool attack names, so it's disappointing to see "Fallen Star" be just another stock animation that is the same for Curved Shots fired from a Training Bow.

8 hours ago, timon said:

That's probably the case, but they still never explain why she can wield the combat art, you'd need matching crest for that.

Your own profile pic canonically makes crestless relics, you're telling me it's so unbelievable the people who made the relics couldn't key one to her unique dual crest signature/frequency?

Edited by CyberNinja

Anna has some weird voice direction in this game. Her tone is weirdly stilted and uncertain, far from what you'd expect from a confident shyster saleswoman. Talking at least 50% faster might help... Hang on, maybe that's what her paralogue with Jeritza will be all about - bonding over the need to talk faster.

Not that I'd ever use her, mind you. Yeah, yeah, she's an iconic symbol of FE and all that, but she's less legitimate as a character than Kostas or any chapter 1 bandit boss. It's crazy to me how people complained about Brigand Boss being in FEH CYL yet don't say a peep about Anna, because the former is a lot more story relevant by any measure.

I have a feeling 3H Anna is going to be quite unique, and potentially very plot relevant...

Think about it : all signs points to her having a crest (and a lost one, no less), and yet the most we've seen of her so far is just being yet another, if shady, merchant among others. Usually, all the Annas tend to draw attentions to themselves, and even the first Annas in the series had an aura of mystery... but not her.

It's almost like she's actively trying to not stand out...