Wave 3 and 4 DLC Info Leaked (Famitsu) (SPOILERS)

BZL8

54 minutes ago, Sire said:

Plausible, but a bit disappointing if true. For my detailed thoughts, they are in the spoiler below...

Reveal hidden contents

I know I loved the Cipher DLC for Echoes, but as I already "exhausted" that game, I had little opportunity to actually play with the new characters.

- New characters for each "class" can make sense, as it makes the deployment count 10 if we count Byleth (instead of 9 with an extra).
- Vanguard and Grandmaster being the "Ike" and "Robin" throwbacks makes sense.
-- Vanguard sounds good for a Hero master-class variant.
-- Grandmaster has a unique niche of being a buffer (and tailored to Annette). Seems a bit underwhelming though. // Actually, it gives a Master Class version for Males (as females can just go Gremory). So, it's Reason/Faith (Female) vs Reason/Authority (Both).
-- Zenith Flier being a Flying Mage can now be a thing, although it focuses on Faith instead of Reason. Even so, flying magic will still be really powerful (even if it is limited to female only).
-- Demon Fighter is basically a variant on the Dread Fighter like the Mortal Savant, but with Axes instead of Swords. (Almost perfect for Edelgard, but I wanted her Emperor class to use magic...)

- "Abyss Mode" adding new chapters to existing houses? I'm guessing it expands on Those Who Slither in the Dark. A bit weird, but it sounds more like Abyss Mode is separate from the supposed "side-story expansion," if the original datamine is still accurate.

- New characters seem tailor-made for the new classes.
-- Juris = Hero -> Vanguard
-- Balthazar = Mage -> Warlock -> Grandmaster
-- Constanz = Zenith Flier (Although the name seems like a guy's name, the skillset lines up...)
-- Javi = Demon Fighter

A shame there isn't really a promotion for Swordmasters, Assassins, or Paladins at the Master Tier. Mortal Savant is more like its own thing, while Great Knights are better suited as a Fortress Knight promotion.

Again, I can see it being plausible. Writing things out makes me just slightly more excited, but overall this seems underwhelming for me. I need to know more and how everything actually plays out to form a proper opinion. That is, of course, the leak is actually real.

Spoiler

Marianne would gain more utility with Dorte with wings.

Annette and Manuela no longer have awkward fitting talents.

I wonder who gets an upgrade in my best class polls.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

Something juicy about this tweet. Please take our with a grain of salt.

Spoiler

Huh, interesting details.

The way DLC characters will be implemented is interesting. Personally, I prefer this sort of implementation since it will (hopefully) mean that the devs will put more effort into making the characters feel like members of their respective houses (through stuff like cutscene dialogue and supports). Wonder where their beds will be though.

DLC classes are cool, though I'm salty that two of the classes are gender locked. Still, they seem interesting. Vanguard seems like it'll be the preferred master class for physical Sword units, which is welcome since male Sword units only had Mortal Savant as a viable Sword focused master class. Grandmaster seems like a good, low-investment Master class for male mages to go into, since Dark Knight  requires both high Lance and Riding ranks. Zenith Flier honestly seems like its better than Holy Knight in every way lol, so it'll be a good class for healers like Marianne and Mercedes. Demon Fighter seems pretty good too. I think its a reference to the Onii-Chieftan class in Fates? The nerfed version of Galeforce  should hopefully balance the skill somewhat, while keeping it a very powerful option.

Abyss mode looks promising.

Overall, I wouldn't be surprised to see this leak come true, but honestly, given that the supposed developer is speaking in English and using technical data like growth rates in their leak, I think its fake.

6 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Don't leak usually done through proxy (ask another person to post, or even passed through multiple people) so they are less likely to be caught?

You’d think so. That’s basically what happened with Thanibomb pre-release if I recall. It also feels like I’ve seen most of the class details on here in those “how to fix the class system” threads, so I’m pretty sure it’s just some 4channer having fun. 

Assuming the leak is true, here’s some of my thoughts so far:

Spoiler

New classes are pretty cool. Grandmaster seems pretty strong for a non-gender locked magic Master class, Zenith Flier is perfect for Marianne, and Annette/Edelgard could rock Demon Fighter. Shame they kept locking all the great physical infantry classes on males though.

Despite being initially announced as side stories that doesn’t add much to the main story, Abyss Mode being direct addition to the story instead makes me think if there’s some sort of change of plans during development. Wonder if they’ll differentiate each route or keep it all the same.

Juris on paper seems like inferior Felix(mostly due to the Speed) but he’s still pretty cool and have a more useful personal in the long run.

Balthazar looks like he’d be 2nd best, if not the best Mage in the game(discounting Thyrsus!Lysithea). Thoron, Bolting, Luna, Rescue, and Warp makes up a pretty OP spell list. He might be a former Adrestian since BE tends to have the Saints’ Crest, but he broke the convention by being in BL instead.

Constanze seems pretty cool, but I’m worried about her Speed. She seems like she’s going to be on the slower side. Her being hybrid doesn’t help either, since she might have to compensate in terms of offensive stats like Lorenz did.

Noa and Chevalier still don’t have any bearers, wonder if it’s going to be enemy or NPC-only instead.

I'll just say that I'm hoping that the leak is not true. It doesn't sound bad but I'm still hoping that it's wrong.

Spoiler

More than any other FE game I really want a prequel dlc. Extra route chapters seem odd to me. I can only see BE or GD route having satisfying extra chapters and making universal post route chapter is something I'm definitely not a fan off.

Edited by Hekselka

14 hours ago, LegendOfLoog said:

You’d think so. That’s basically what happened with Thanibomb pre-release if I recall. It also feels like I’ve seen most of the class details on here in those “how to fix the class system” threads, so I’m pretty sure it’s just some 4channer having fun. 

This is exactly what I was thinking, too.  Both things you mentioned.

Especially the breakdown on every detail like recruiting requirements. Thanibomb didn't do any of that.

What I do like about this 4chan post, is that it didn't do the assumption that

Spoiler

Anna would be the hold of the Crest of Ernest. So points for originality?

And personally, I'd like to see 

Spoiler

epilogue chapters for each path. Maybe each one will resolve what is left unfinished in each route? If that's possible.

Also, are there other 4ch archive sites active anymore? Fireden was the only one I knew of and like, I think it died. (it hasn't archive anything past August 17 cause of certain types of spammers)

Edited by Jacien

21 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

I don't buy it. No reason to.

If it were true - okay, fine. Abyss Mode is as I expected, and the new characters and classes are...fine.

It's better than my more cynical predictions; just being an expansion of the existing roster and story is great as far as I'm concerned, I was more worried about the quartet being donut steal OC's who get an irrelevant set of side missions completely devoted to them and disconnected from the rest of the narrative.

3 hours ago, Jacien said:

This is exactly what I was thinking, too.  Both things you mentioned.

Especially the breakdown on every detail like recruiting requirements. Thanibomb didn't do any of that.

What I do like about this 4chan post, is that it didn't do the assumption that

Reveal hidden contents

Anna would be the hold of the Crest of Ernest. So points for originality?

And personally, I'd like to see 

Reveal hidden contents

epilogue chapters for each path. Maybe each one will resolve what is left unfinished in each route? If that's possible.

Also, are there other 4ch archive sites active anymore? Fireden was the only one I knew of and like, I think it died. (it hasn't archive anything past August 17 cause of certain types of spammers)

What really tipped me off was the little paragraphs at the bottom. The idea that there’s this developer at IS/KT who is trolling message-boards enough to understand what “many people” wanted, leaking information in near-perfect English (grammatically, anyway), and uses “shady” as a descriptor when there are any number of synonyms for it that a non-native speaker would probably learn first... well, it’s low-tier bait imo.

Also, the random sentence saying that both Byleths can S-Support is odd since IS/KT doesn’t really seem to care that much about that subject. And then the leaker goes on to say that it’s going to be revealed in an October Direct which hasn’t even been announced yet. It also conveniently came out after the Famitsu leak, and the rest reads like a creative writing exercise. 4/10, +1 point for “cerious.”

On 9/25/2019 at 5:58 PM, Jayvee94 said:

While I can't completely believe it; I can see it happening, something like this sounds entirely possible, but this is likely not the actual true.

But hey, it would be funny to see this with hindsight.

I really hope that IS doesn't go the gender lock route after seeing how upset people were about it. Anna already has the Crest of Ernest according to her already in the game model and it makes no sense to give Juris that particular crest. The lack of charm is also yet another indicator that this is either false information or purposely altered info. They spelled "Golden Deers" instead of "Golden Deer". You can see the same mistake made with the "Knight of Seiros" when it should be the "Knights of Seiros". It is quite likely that the next nintendo-esque direct will be solely for the new pokemon game. We will probably not see a proper direct until November/December. The skill Take Off would probably be much more aptly named as Pick Up instead if it were real. There's also the simple fact that most leakers are not that obvious about it. Now sure there's a chance this is legit because spelling errors aren't impossible but honestly I doubt it. 

edit: That said however there is evidence of unused lines and scenarios in the data files so perhaps each route will get a split at a certain point...there were a few instances where it felt like it could have occurred. Perhaps these new characters are added because you lose some units in each route. Specifically I'm thinking about the cut content of Annette and Felix being enemies and having lines of dialogue for being defeated in the data files. There's a point in the post time-skip where route split could have definitely occurred in every route as well. Perhaps they were intending to release route splits for each House and just didn't manage to have enough time to do so before the game released...something to think about.

Edited by kyrt

4 hours ago, kyrt said:

edit: That said however there is evidence of unused lines and scenarios in the data files so perhaps each route will get a split at a certain point...there were a few instances where it felt like it could have occurred. Perhaps these new characters are added because you lose some units in each route. Specifically I'm thinking about the cut content of Annette and Felix being enemies and having lines of dialogue for being defeated in the data files. There's a point in the post time-skip where route split could have definitely occurred in every route as well. Perhaps they were intending to release route splits for each House and just didn't manage to have enough time to do so before the game released...something to think about.

Wait, what? Do you have a source for this, please?

---

As for the 4chan leak...I don't buy it. It's far too detailed and as many have already pointed out Anna seems the best candidate for the Ernest Crest, so it makes no sense to give it to an OC.

Also, we just got a Direct earlier this month and we only get one a season these days; the soonest we can expect one is probably November.

On the bright side, DLC Wave 2 dropped a month early so hopefully everything else is ahead of schedule too!

It makes me wonder since Jeritza could gain support points with Byleth before his release as free dlc if we will see eventually the same with a free dlc with jeralt ? It would make no sense in the story of course but idk it seems strange that jeralt was the other one who got support points for certain actions like Jeritza 

as for the 4 classes I. Hope we see a female brawler to the mix or a class that’s unisex that has a focus on brawling 

6 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Wait, what? Do you have a source for this, please?

There are boss conversations for Felix and Annette on Azure Moon you can find in the game files. It seems they were originally intended to leave your party at some point, perhaps if you didn't get a high enough support ranking with them.

2 hours ago, MasterSlayerX said:

It makes me wonder since Jeritza could gain support points with Byleth before his release as free dlc if we will see eventually the same with a free dlc with jeralt ? It would make no sense in the story of course but idk it seems strange that jeralt was the other one who got support points for certain actions like Jeritza 

as for the 4 classes I. Hope we see a female brawler to the mix or a class that’s unisex that has a focus on brawling 

I was thinking the same thing! I don't think he'll be playable, but giving him Supports as with Rhea would work. Everyone says Jeralt's a pretty rowdy guy, so a Support would let us finally see that first hand and give us some sweet father/ kid bonding times~ Dangit, now I really want this for the free Wave 4 stuff...

As for the new Classes...yeah, I hope they're all unisex. If not, I hope they at least balance out the current gender-locked Classes (e.g. a male equivalent to the Falcon Knight, a female War Master, etc). If the Classes are being inserted into multiple tiers and not just Master/ even further beyond, a male Pegasus Knight would be greatly appreciated. Women having quicker access to flight makes them pretty darn powerful compared to the male roster.

1 hour ago, Arachnofiend said:

There are boss conversations for Felix and Annette on Azure Moon you can find in the game files. It seems they were originally intended to leave your party at some point, perhaps if you didn't get a high enough support ranking with them.

Interesting, thank you! The video description says

Spoiler

Ingrid has boss dialogue too

, huh.

The devs promised they wouldn't mess with the core narrative, but splitting the story further would be/ have been interesting...

Edited by DefyingFates

On 9/26/2019 at 1:15 AM, singularity said:

Assuming the leak is true, here’s some of my thoughts so far:

Hide contents

New classes are pretty cool. Grandmaster seems pretty strong for a non-gender locked magic Master class, Zenith Flier is perfect for Marianne, and Annette/Edelgard could rock Demon Fighter. Shame they kept locking all the great physical infantry classes on males though.

Despite being initially announced as side stories that doesn’t add much to the main story, Abyss Mode being direct addition to the story instead makes me think if there’s some sort of change of plans during development. Wonder if they’ll differentiate each route or keep it all the same.

Juris on paper seems like inferior Felix(mostly due to the Speed) but he’s still pretty cool and have a more useful personal in the long run.

Balthazar looks like he’d be 2nd best, if not the best Mage in the game(discounting Thyrsus!Lysithea). Thoron, Bolting, Luna, Rescue, and Warp makes up a pretty OP spell list. He might be a former Adrestian since BE tends to have the Saints’ Crest, but he broke the convention by being in BL instead.

Constanze seems pretty cool, but I’m worried about her Speed. She seems like she’s going to be on the slower side. Her being hybrid doesn’t help either, since she might have to compensate in terms of offensive stats like Lorenz did.

Noa and Chevalier still don’t have any bearers, wonder if it’s going to be enemy or NPC-only instead.

Spoiler

There could have been some translation error and "leaker" mixed some of the Crests around.  Balthazar having a Minor Crest of Macuil is weird since Macuil disliked humans and didn't past down his Crest to humans unlike the other 3 Saints, at first I thought it could be Macuil in a human form, but then he would have a Major crest.  Possibly Balthazar has the Crest of Noa and Juris has Chevalier, I still think Anna gets the Ernest Crest.

Edited by ZodiacSoldier

Gotta say if that leak is true it's a bit disappointing. I remember the interview close to 3h release with them hinting at ambitious and big DLC content but this actually seems underwhelming as heck when I compare it to stuff like the rabbids dlc, smash dlc, xenoblade torna and beyond switch titles stuff like the witcher expansions, Nioh DLC or similar. I wouldn't even have minded shelling out 30 if that's an argument for why it isn't more substantial.

I'll probably still get it cause the base game is just that fun and spicing up the replays is going to be worth it for me personally but this does not match the talk they did or they're just painfully unaware by the value other studios have provided.

Admittingly maybe Abyss mode is a lot more varied than I assume but right now I feel like it's going to be the same maps with slightly different narrative framing copied to each route. I wouldn't be surprised if the differences will be similar to GD vs Church route

Edited by Gwyn

To be perfectly honest... I'm kind of disappointed about the DLC, but I think I was expecting too much.
It might be also the salt talking, oh hey, 'fanservise DLCs' whoopie, and 'Content that were supposed to be in the game, but instead give use cash for it lol'.

The new characters look alright I guess, Anna is back, ugh... nice job guys, you put Anna in her original place, a simple cameo, and you too a step back by making her DLC character. GG.
If they put important story element in them I'm gonna be a tad annoyed at them.

Now I'm asking real question there: was the petting cat and dog supposed to be in game, or did they truly not put it in game and were put off by how player wanted it ?
Real questions that challenge your viewpoint on life. 😛

As for the 4chan leak, eh, I don't believe it, buuuuuut, I can actually see it happen strangely enough.
Kind of expect better class though because sheesh. The Ike class is cool, but the other ? Sheesh. And what the hell are those malus in stats.

Zenith Flyer seems like a desperate twist to shove white magic back on to Falcon Knight, though I expect the DLC to include a Dark Rider/Malig Knight type class to cover the hole left by the lack of a magical flying class. 

That said, I’m fine with the new characters just being bonus students in each class as long as they get supports with more than just Byleth. I’m already worried they’ll be half-baked from their role as “bonus” units, when everyone else has a wall of supports. I don’t expect them to appear in most cutscenes since recruited characters don’t.

Same goes for Jeritza and Anna. While the lack of supports isn’t the same handicap it was in Awakening or Fates, it would feel like a disservice otherwise. 

13 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Why do you say that? Was there any evidence that Falcon Knights were supposed to have magic?

Only that Falcon Knight in some recent, previous  games had access to healing spells, and Zenith Knight, as described, is what Falcons were in Awakening and Fates.

I’m only stuck on them since they were my fav classes. 

Edited by Altrosa