Wave 3 and 4 DLC Info Leaked (Famitsu) (SPOILERS)

BZL8

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

I hope that wave 4 will add more to that. Like add monastery outfits to mounted classes.

I haven't had the chance to try this out, bubt yeah; using canon outfits on mounted classes would be awesome!

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Also, I'd love the ability to access the journal in the regular menu instead of only in Exploration.

And this, so so much. This would be so nice to add without breaking anything~

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder when IS will start releasing character info for these characters. Assuming they'll get character bios before they're released like the other 3H characters. 

Has anymore news popped up since then. Do we know budding talents?

22 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I wonder when IS will start releasing character info for these characters. Assuming they'll get character bios before they're released like the other 3H characters. 

Has anymore news popped up since then. Do we know budding talents?

I've been told that the earliest probable report would be on February 2020. All the info we have are the data-mines.

Nevermind, there seems to be budding talents! As well as boons and banes. Spell lists are also here. Since we haven't discussed this yet, let's talk about the strategic possibilities of each character!

DLC Character 1:

Spoiler

Name: Yuri

Birthday: 8 / 12 (During The Gautier Inheritance chapter)

Height: 171 cm, which is 5'6". I wonder how much he'll grow after the time skip.

Crest: Major "Aubin", which prevents enemy counter attacks when using a weapon.

"Canon" Classes: Myrmidon -> Thief -> Trickster?

Boons: Sword, Reason, Faith, Authority 

Banes: Lance, Axe, Riding, Flying

Budding Talent: Bows

Reason Spell List: Wind, Cutting Gale, Saggittae, Excalibur

Faith Spell List: Heal, Nosferatu, Recover, Silence, Aura

Summary: Wow he has a lot of boons including his budding talent. However, I'm not sure how good of a student he'll be. His bases for STR and MAG are 10 and 7 respectively and they both have a starting growth of 35% each. He seems to be more on the speedy and charismatic side. I have a feeling his stats won't be too impressive as a unit unfortunately. I have a feeling he'll be a member of the Black Eagles house based on his dialogue with Bernadetta, so he'll most likely start out from this house. He seems to be a unit that it's physically or magically devoted, and these units tend to not be rated well among the community unfortunately. Being more magically-oriented doesn't help much for the Black Eagles, as they have plenty of members that can sling out spells. His weaknesses in flying and riding will make it hard for him to become a Wyvern Lord or any of the Master Mounted Classes, which male magic units are usually forced into. 

Class ideas:

Myrmidon -> Thief -> Assassin/Trickster -> No Master/Mortal Savant

Monk -> Mage -> Bishop -> No Master

Monk -> Mage -> War Monk

Doesn't matter -> Dancer

He's someone that most likely will not want to go into a Master Class. You may want to make him a utility member on your team by either having him as a Trickster or a Dancer, since his boons seem to support those options the most. He will want to be a sword or magic-oriented class, and he will not want to be a cavalier or a wyvern rider. The DLC classes will definitely be up his ally. Magic weapons like the Magic Bow and the Levin Sword will be desired by Yuri. If you want to go physical, he may need Death Blow in order to put out some damage, as he may suffer mid-game with his STR stat.

I'm most excited about his personality. Bernie is scared of everyone, but she seems to have a love/hate relationship with the guy. I wonder how their dynamic will play out.

Let's talk a bit about the first one and then I'll add the others when I have more time.

Yuri has some interesting things going for him. He gets Deadeye for awakening his Budding Talent and has an okayish Magic growth. This could lend to Magic Bow + Deadeye, giving him a pseudo siege tome as a Sniper. Since it's considered a magic attack, it would be more accurate than a typical Deadeye. You could also combine it with Fiendish Blow (more damage) or Hit +20 (better reliability). Hunter's Volley is cool too, I guess. It's unfortunate that Yuri has that Riding weakness; otherwise, this might work really nicely as a Bow Knight. 

Outside of that, Trickster is probably best. It gives Stealth, so Yuri could serve as an off-healer on the front lines without drawing aggro. Recover makes up for his low Mag, but not having Physic limits his healing a lot. Yuri will probably have to use magic weapons here to do any damage, so Fiendish Blow still seems good. 

Unless Yuri has a crazy personal ability, I don't think he's going to be great. His character seems interesting though. 

5 hours ago, LegendOfLoog said:

Yuri has some interesting things going for him. He gets Deadeye for awakening his Budding Talent and has an okayish Magic growth. This could lend to Magic Bow + Deadeye, giving him a pseudo siege tome as a Sniper. Since it's considered a magic attack, it would be more accurate than a typical Deadeye. You could also combine it with Fiendish Blow (more damage) or Hit +20 (better reliability). Hunter's Volley is cool too, I guess. It's unfortunate that Yuri has that Riding weakness; otherwise, this might work really nicely as a Bow Knight. 

That's an interesting use for him. Too bad the Magic Bow doesn't have too many uses if Deadeye eats them up. It's still an interesting set up though. I may just do this if I decide to do a "Budding Talent" run with BE.

• 3 weeks later...

If that datamine is legit then we're getting a MxM unit, that's good, there's a of people that want that after all.

Cool to see that every house gets a unit. As a BE boy I'm really interested in Constance, she also has a really interesting support list because she supports Jeitza and Mercedes. I wonder if that means anything. 

Also cool to see another Lysithea support.

They just HAD to add more supports for Edelgard and Jeritza didn't they. 😄

Welp, I suppose the next time I go Black Eagles, I'll save at the split point to I can do their supports and then jump back. I really don't want to play through Crimson Flower again.

MxM definitely needed the extra, so that's good, though after Jeritza I was kind of hoping all the DLC would have S ranks with both Byleths. (Yes, I know Jeritza is only one and therefore not any kind of pattern, it was just a hope)

Hopefully this final wave will motivate me to go back to my BL run.

Interesting......... so Yuri is the only one that doesn't support a house leader. He doesn't support any Church/faculty members either, so I wonder where his allegiance lies. I wonder if he's not aligned to the church at all. It's hard to say. 

Spoiler

But the fact that Coco seems to be a BE and Hapi seems to be a BL is sad... based off of what we already know from what was datamined.

😞

So Coco supports both Jeritza and Mercedes? 

I wonder if she has ties to Lord Bartels.

Also those new 4 all have supports with eachother, is there a chance that its some kind of Heirs of Fate spoof?

Like they all have a commom goal or something and each join one out 3 houses, but you also have a option to recruit all of them into the one you chose, exept Yuri who is probably just a "freebie" recruit and joins you regardles of a route youre on.

All 4 more than likely  have a conetction to the Abyss, right?

It will be very funny if they also a Not! characters from previous games (like fates kids and awakening trio)

Edited by User name

17 hours ago, Sid Starkiller said:

Screw you, Jeritza is in DESPERATE need of more supports, regardless of your opinion on CF.

Um, l'm going to assume this was aimed at me, and if so is seriously uncalled for.

I never implied Jeritza doesn't deserve more supports, nor was I even angry at the prospect. I was more amused than anything else.

On 12/14/2019 at 6:10 PM, LegendOfLoog said:

Outside of that, Trickster is probably best. It gives Stealth, so Yuri could serve as an off-healer on the front lines without drawing aggro. Recover makes up for his low Mag, but not having Physic limits his healing a lot. Yuri will probably have to use magic weapons here to do any damage, so Fiendish Blow still seems good. 

Unless Yuri has a crazy personal ability, I don't think he's going to be great. His character seems interesting though. 

I dunno - Deadeye tends to be impractical for anything other than luring enemies, and second, the Magic Bow doesn't have much uses, even when forged.

18 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Interesting......... so Yuri is the only one that doesn't support a house leader. He doesn't support any Church/faculty members either, so I wonder where his allegiance lies. I wonder if he's not aligned to the church at all. It's hard to say.

I wonder if they're associated with Jeralt’s mercenaries and Byleth? Then they join whichever house Byleth becomes the professor for.

8 hours ago, PokéStarz said:

I wonder if they're associated with Jeralt’s mercenaries and Byleth? Then they join whichever house Byleth becomes the professor for.

Honestly I hope not. The game already dumps 8 units on us right at the start. Getting 4 more right away seems like overkill, and will draw people into spreading EXP too thin.

Even as DLC, I'd kind of like if the game makes us do something interesting to recruit them. Maybe an Auxilliary battle quest where we fight them, or an item we need to find to get them to join.

13 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Honestly I hope not. The game already dumps 8 units on us right at the start. Getting 4 more right away seems like overkill, and will draw people into spreading EXP too thin.

Even as DLC, I'd kind of like if the game makes us do something interesting to recruit them. Maybe an Auxilliary battle quest where we fight them, or an item we need to find to get them to join.

I mean, they could still be associated with Jeralt’s Mercenaries without immediately being available for battle? I would love to see Paralogue recruitments though.

Its a shame none of the new units come from house Rowe. It was always one of the more interesting houses in Fodlan. They seem a house of professional traitors since they got their title by defection to the Kingdom when it was founded and then defect back to the empire once Edelgard declares war on Faergus. They also control one of the most important Kingdom regions despite being crestless, house the Western church with their territory and they have a somewhat unclear connection to Ashe.