Jump to content
BZL8

Wave 3 and 4 DLC Info Leaked (Famitsu) (SPOILERS)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Etheus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Perhaps this is overly optimistic on my part, but perhaps the new characters we're seeing are not new additions to the existing houses, but rather just part of a new Silver Wolf house. And the existence of that fifth unit (a potential teacher) may support this.

 

If they are going to retcon these characters into "being around the whole time", this would be the best way of doing it. Ideally they'd come out of nowhere in-universe too, as the current DLC seems to imply (unless the new dialogue is referring to a new faction altogether...)

Edited by DefyingFates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I find the idea of a “fourth” house more game breaking than just slotting in a few more students to each house since so much of the story and gameplay is built around the three. If the new students are given proper supports, it won’t feel that removed from how recruits currently work. 

 

However, the concept of Abyss mode being an alternate route from the current four that deeply explores Agarthan and Nabatean stuff sounds fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2019 at 7:03 AM, Modirufa6317 said:

Considering that the logo for the DLC is a representation of Sirius (wolf eating the moon) from which Sothis name is based on, it's likely that the Abyss civilisation have at least a connection to her. It's possible they're not even Nabatean, considering not even the church seems to be aware of its existance.

It also makes me wonder about the leaked 4 DLC characters : they're seems to be plot-relevant enough that I can't imagine the game just pretending that they've always been in the monastery when there's been no mention of their existance beforehand. Maybe they've fallen to the Abyss, and recently got back up?

Not sure if you already found out, but it looks like they placed a couple of monks in the monastery that talk about them. Sounds like the Church knows, but doesn't really care? I find this odd; you would think after the battle at the Holy Mausoleum they would want to make sure no one can get through by an underground tunnel or something.

On 11/9/2019 at 1:34 PM, Modirufa6317 said:

That doesn't seem right : 3 out the 4 mastered abilities are made redundant by cavalier, gremory & mage respectively.

And that mage cavalier seems like something the dark knight should have been all along. Heck, +1 range is something Holy Knight should have gotten!

EDIT: Now that I think about it, is there any chance these aren't just scrapped classes that they removed because of balance or anything of the sorts?

To be fair, it's not very likely someone is going to go Cavalier -> Trickster. Those classes have very different niches and it wouldn't be too beneficial for a character to drastically switch their proficiency focus in the middle of the game like that, so I don't think it's redundant in this case.

As for Dark Flier vs Gremory, Seal Magic will be a lot easier to get now through Dark Flier. Plus, Master Classes in general are hard to achieve mastery for in the first place. So Gremory is the one that's been made redundant.

I totally agree about Mage vs Mage Mage Knight. The logical progression for a mage now will be Mage -> Mage Knight, so they'll probably already know this ability. The only person that benefits from this set up is Hubert (or anyone who went Dark Mage instead of Mage) because he would've most likely learned Poison Strike instead.

I'm so excited about these new classes though. Abilities aside, I can't wait to employ them in my no students run. (SS, Byleth will be War Monk, Flayn will be Dark Flier, Hanneman will be a Mage Knight, and Manuela will be available a Trickster.)

Also, I highly doubt Abyss Mode/Silver Wolf will be a new route. I'm calling it, Abyss Mode will be like the Tower of Valni and it'll just be a set of floors and we'll want to keep going down.

I'm also looking at the leaked ages of the new characters and I gotta say

Spoiler

I'm beginning to question whether Balthus is a student or not. I know he sounds like one, due to his interaction with Hilda, BUT his age is 26. That seems a little old for a student at the Monastery. Especially since we have some Knights of Seiros around that age. I have a feeling Balthus may be a friend of Holst or someone that's served House Goneril but now serves the Church. I could also believe Duke Goneril or Holst sending him to the monastery to watch over her, like a retainer of sorts? But he'll be employed as a knight. He's a weird one. This means that Hapi or Coco will be the new Alliance student.

But we'll just have to wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Not sure if you already found out, but it looks like they placed a couple of monks in the monastery that talk about them. Sounds like the Church knows, but doesn't really care? I find this odd; you would think after the battle at the Holy Mausoleum they would want to make sure no one can get through by an underground tunnel or something.

To be fair, it's not very likely someone is going to go Cavalier -> Trickster. Those classes have very different niches and it wouldn't be too beneficial for a character to drastically switch their proficiency focus in the middle of the game like that, so I don't think it's redundant in this case.

As for Dark Flier vs Gremory, Seal Magic will be a lot easier to get now through Dark Flier. Plus, Master Classes in general are hard to achieve mastery for in the first place. So Gremory is the one that's been made redundant.

I totally agree about Mage vs Mage Mage Knight. The logical progression for a mage now will be Mage -> Mage Knight, so they'll probably already know this ability. The only person that benefits from this set up is Hubert (or anyone who went Dark Mage instead of Mage) because he would've most likely learned Poison Strike instead.

I'm so excited about these new classes though. Abilities aside, I can't wait to employ them in my no students run. (SS, Byleth will be War Monk, Flayn will be Dark Flier, Hanneman will be a Mage Knight, and Manuela will be available a Trickster.)

Also, I highly doubt Abyss Mode/Silver Wolf will be a new route. I'm calling it, Abyss Mode will be like the Tower of Valni and it'll just be a set of floors and we'll want to keep going down.

I'm also looking at the leaked ages of the new characters and I gotta say

  Reveal hidden contents

I'm beginning to question whether Balthus is a student or not. I know he sounds like one, due to his interaction with Hilda, BUT his age is 26. That seems a little old for a student at the Monastery. Especially since we have some Knights of Seiros around that age. I have a feeling Balthus may be a friend of Holst or someone that's served House Goneril but now serves the Church. I could also believe Duke Goneril or Holst sending him to the monastery to watch over her, like a retainer of sorts? But he'll be employed as a knight. He's a weird one. This means that Hapi or Coco will be the new Alliance student.

But we'll just have to wait and see.

All good points, especially your theory in the spoiler. Love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Not sure if you already found out, but it looks like they placed a couple of monks in the monastery that talk about them. Sounds like the Church knows, but doesn't really care? I find this odd; you would think after the battle at the Holy Mausoleum they would want to make sure no one can get through by an underground tunnel or something.

I'm also looking at the leaked ages of the new characters and I gotta say

  Hide contents

I'm beginning to question whether Balthus is a student or not. I know he sounds like one, due to his interaction with Hilda, BUT his age is 26. That seems a little old for a student at the Monastery. Especially since we have some Knights of Seiros around that age. I have a feeling Balthus may be a friend of Holst or someone that's served House Goneril but now serves the Church. I could also believe Duke Goneril or Holst sending him to the monastery to watch over her, like a retainer of sorts? But he'll be employed as a knight. He's a weird one. This means that Hapi or Coco will be the new Alliance student.

But we'll just have to wait and see.

I saw the dialogues since then, and I still hold on most of my theory. Perhaps the Abyssians manage some kind of black market or do experiments, but have no interest in medling with the above ground's politics, nor the holy tomb. So while the Church would be annoyed by their behaviors, they probably don't feel it's worth the trouble of hunting them down, as they're not an active threat to the stability of Fodlan.

I don't think there is an age limit in order to be accepted in the academy as a student (Mercedes is 21, after all). My guess is the only requirement is either to be from an influentiual house, or have lots of money.

Edited by Modirufa6317

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Modirufa6317 said:

My guess is the only requirement is either to be from an influentiual house, or have lots of money.

Or get a recommendation/ scholarship, which is how Annette got in. Pedantics aside, you're right that age likely isn't an issue when it comes to enrolling. I didn't realise Mercedes was 21 by the way; that makes her the same age as Byleth!

P.S. I had a crack theory that the Abyss Mode story was set during the time skip with Byleth being woken up and going back into an amnesia-inducing coma at the end (I mean, they do fall into a literal abyss at the end of Part 1), but the new quartet interacting with the existing students scuppers that particular theory~

Edited by DefyingFates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Or get a recommendation/ scholarship, which is how Annette got in. Pedantics aside, you're right that age likely isn't an issue when it comes to enrolling. I didn't realise Mercedes was 21 by the way; that makes her the same age as Byleth!

Not a big deal, but Mercedes is actually 22, and turns 23 in Chapter 2. She's older than Byleth. But then, of course, she has to be in that range to be the elder sibling of someone else who is old enough to be an instructor at Garreg Mach...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Though I haven't bought the DLC yet, I'm looking forward to seeing what the new characters have to offer for the gameplay and the world of Fódlan. Will they be added to the three houses we have, or will they be "neutral" by default and have to be recruited? Hopefully the new characters will be integrated into the main game rather than being exclusive to the new side story. (Though I don't think the main plot will be rewritten to accommodate them, so they likely won't be in any story scenes.)

But on the "getting into the Officers Academy" thing, to get in enrolled it seems you need to pay a fee, pass the entrance exams, and be recommended by a noble (though the last part might not be a requirement, but it helps). These requirements are why most of the students are nobles or from merchant families, with the main exceptions being Dorothea (a famous songstress who "pulled some noble strings" to get in), Petra (probably paid for/sponsored by Duke Gerth), Dedue (paid for/sponsored by Dimitri), and Leonie (her village pooled their funds to pay for her enrollment and her father found a noble sponsor). The entrance exams seem to be the reason why there isn't an age limit to get in, so it's not very strange for an older than usual student to be enrolled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Modirufa6317 said:

I saw the dialogues since then, and I still hold on most of my theory. Perhaps the Abyssians manage some kind of black market or do experiments, but have no interest in medling with the above ground's politics, nor the holy tomb. So while the Church would be annoyed by their behaviors, they probably don't feel it's worth the trouble of hunting them down, as they're not an active threat to the stability of Fodlan.

I don't think there is an age limit in order to be accepted in the academy as a student (Mercedes is 21, after all). My guess is the only requirement is either to be from an influentiual house, or have lots of money.

That could be true. Although the monk on the second story seemed pretty annoyed with them. Then again, he could just be prejudiced against them personally and not a representative of the whole church.

That is also true, there doesn't seem to be an age limit to enroll in the monastery. That being said, 26 does seem a little out of place though. But it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility. But I do think one of these 4 units has to be aligned with the Church somehow. Famitsu said we're only getting 4 DLC characters, so I'm inclined to believe no free characters are going to be added. It would seem weird to add 2 students to a particular house while the other houses get one. I hope we can get some more info on these characters soon!

If I'm remembering correctly, Wave 1 came out at launch, Wave 2 came out in mid-September, and Wave 3 came out in mid-November. The earliest we can expect Wave 4 is mid-January if they keep up their 2 month pace. But Wave 4 does have more stuff in it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Not a big deal, but Mercedes is actually 22, and turns 23 in Chapter 2. She's older than Byleth. But then, of course, she has to be in that range to be the elder sibling of someone else who is old enough to be an instructor at Garreg Mach...

Thanks! And yeah, compared to her a 26yo student doesn't seem too farfetched after all!

10 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

with the main exceptions being Dorothea (a famous songstress who "pulled some noble strings" to get in),

She says she had to study for the entrance exams, so her noble strings likely only got her as far as the exam hall. I didn't know about Leonie's father though, I thought it was just her village that helped, thanks!

4 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

It would seem weird to add 2 students to a particular house while the other houses get one. I hope we can get some more info on these characters soon!

If I'm remembering correctly, Wave 1 came out at launch, Wave 2 came out in mid-September, and Wave 3 came out in mid-November. The earliest we can expect Wave 4 is mid-January if they keep up their 2 month pace. But Wave 4 does have more stuff in it...

I haven't looked at the dialogue properly, but if the four students are being added to the main story, perhaps we're getting one per route? In other words, two go to the Black Eagles

Spoiler

and one leaves depending on your choice in Chapter 11. Hapi and Constanze seem pretty close from what I've gleaned, so it'll be pretty heartbreaking if they're the two that do this 😕

As for the schedule, all the packs so far have released ahead of schedule, so I wouldn't be surprised if Wave 4 came out in January or February (accounting for the extra content). The estimated release date for it is the end of April, right?

Edited by DefyingFates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Thanks! And yeah, compared to her a 26yo student doesn't seem too farfetched after all!

She says she had to study for the entrance exams, so her noble strings likely only got her as far as the exam hall. I didn't know about Leonie's father though, I thought it was just her village that helped, thanks!

I haven't looked at the dialogue properly, but if the four students are being added to the main story, perhaps we're getting one per route? In other words, two go to the Black Eagles

  Reveal hidden contents

and one leaves depending on your choice in Chapter 11. Hapi and Constanze seem pretty close from what I've gleaned, so it'll be pretty heartbreaking if they're the two that do this 😕

As for the schedule, all the packs so far have released ahead of schedule, so I wouldn't be surprised if Wave 4 came out in January or February (accounting for the extra content). The estimated release date for it is the end of April, right?

they said april yeah. 

so if we could get this earlier that would be fantastic

I keep thinking  "when will i get bored of this game" 
then i realise all these crazy combinations i can try.... so answer. nope. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

I keep thinking  "when will i get bored of this game" 
then i realise all these crazy combinations i can try.... so answer. nope. 

Couldn't have put it better myself. And that's not even getting into the Support hunting!

Edited by DefyingFates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2019 at 6:07 AM, DefyingFates said:

I haven't looked at the dialogue properly, but if the four students are being added to the main story, perhaps we're getting one per route? In other words, two go to the Black Eagles

  Hide contents

and one leaves depending on your choice in Chapter 11. Hapi and Constanze seem pretty close from what I've gleaned, so it'll be pretty heartbreaking if they're the two that do this 😕

As for the schedule, all the packs so far have released ahead of schedule, so I wouldn't be surprised if Wave 4 came out in January or February (accounting for the extra content). The estimated release date for it is the end of April, right?

From the dialogue, only one character has monastery dialogue with a black Eagles student.

Spoiler

Yuri with Bernie. And Balthus has one with Hilda. This is not taking into account that they can support across houses. It is also possible one is in the BE and the other BL so they'll always end up fighting one another unless recruited 😞

The info we know is definitely weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

From the dialogue, only one character has monastery dialogue with a black Eagles student.

  Reveal hidden contents

Yuri with Bernie. And Balthus has one with Hilda. This is not taking into account that they can support across houses. It is also possible one is in the BE and the other BL so they'll always end up fighting one another unless recruited 😞

The info we know is definitely weird.

It doesn't help that the information is incomplete too. Who knows, we might be wrong about everything!

By the way, how can you know which dialogue is from which person? I thought the text wasn't associated with any character files?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

It doesn't help that the information is incomplete too. Who knows, we might be wrong about everything!

When dealing with datamines of future content, you're almost always dealing with just partial information, and often times it's hard to tell which things are assigned to what without a good amount of context and deductive reasoning.  In Fire Emblem Warriors, all we had information on with datamines is that the characters that, at the time were NPCs (Oboro, Niles, Owain, and Navarre), were made to be playable, moreso than other NPCs such as Darios.  We didn't know that we'd end up with Azura, Linde, Minerva, Tharja, and Olivia.

Just like how in this we won't know the extent of how much dialogue and supports each of these characters will actually have.  We only know that, at one point, they had plans to integrate these character interactions.  There could be more, there could be changes... these could even be removed entirely, though I feel like that should be considered unlikely considering the fact that they actually spent time and effort writing these interactions.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

By the way, how can you know which dialogue is from which person? I thought the text wasn't associated with any character files?

Again, it's a matter of understanding context and using deductive reasoning.  Also a bit of guessing based on all that.

For Bernadetta x Yuri, for example, you see the same personality traits from the two characters in full display in almost every string of dialogue; Bernadetta is utterly terrified of Yuri, and Yuri is sick and tired of Bernadetta's antics.  They also both mention one another by name in one particular string of dialogue (in one of the "share a meal" dialogues between them, where Bernadetta tries giving Yuri her food and he sarcastically responds suggesting she's trying to dispose of the food she dislikes onto his plate).

Similar logic can be followed with some of the other dialogues as well.  Look for names and definitive personality traits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if abyss mode will be a exploration activity with the entrance in the cathedral to the top left. If you approach the door the activity point bar briefly shows up before vanishing. Same thing happened for the sauna before the dlc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2019 at 7:47 AM, IonicAmalgam said:

I wonder if abyss mode will be a exploration activity with the entrance in the cathedral to the top left. If you approach the door the activity point bar briefly shows up before vanishing. Same thing happened for the sauna before the dlc.

Wait, really? That's really interesting!!

On 11/17/2019 at 11:57 PM, Ertrick36 said:

When dealing with datamines of future content, you're almost always dealing with just partial information, and often times it's hard to tell which things are assigned to what without a good amount of context and deductive reasoning.  In Fire Emblem Warriors, all we had information on with datamines is that the characters that, at the time were NPCs (Oboro, Niles, Owain, and Navarre), were made to be playable, moreso than other NPCs such as Darios.  We didn't know that we'd end up with Azura, Linde, Minerva, Tharja, and Olivia.

Just like how in this we won't know the extent of how much dialogue and supports each of these characters will actually have.  We only know that, at one point, they had plans to integrate these character interactions.  There could be more, there could be changes... these could even be removed entirely, though I feel like that should be considered unlikely considering the fact that they actually spent time and effort writing these interactions.

Again, it's a matter of understanding context and using deductive reasoning.  Also a bit of guessing based on all that.

For Bernadetta x Yuri, for example, you see the same personality traits from the two characters in full display in almost every string of dialogue; Bernadetta is utterly terrified of Yuri, and Yuri is sick and tired of Bernadetta's antics.  They also both mention one another by name in one particular string of dialogue (in one of the "share a meal" dialogues between them, where Bernadetta tries giving Yuri her food and he sarcastically responds suggesting she's trying to dispose of the food she dislikes onto his plate).

Similar logic can be followed with some of the other dialogues as well.  Look for names and definitive personality traits.

That's clever! I guess I should look at the dialogue in question before asking questions about it 😛

Edit: Something that occurred to me as I was going to sleep last night I'm proud of my lack of a life, thank you very much: does anything in the dialogue tell us these four are Abyssians, or are we just assuming that because they have the lost Crests? If Anna's been able to run her business without being captured by Hanneman, it's possible the other four have as well, right? Especially if they've lived quieter lives.

I just thought it'd be interesting if the Abyssians were an entirely separate group of people than we've been expecting 🙂

Edited by DefyingFates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2019 at 1:15 PM, DefyingFates said:

It doesn't help that the information is incomplete too. Who knows, we might be wrong about everything!

By the way, how can you know which dialogue is from which person? I thought the text wasn't associated with any character files?

Basically what Ertrick said. The dialogue has Bern say Yuri's name during the meal dialogue and Hilda says Balthus' name in a group task convo. Meanwhile Hapi and Coco mention each other in a lot of dialogue. This isn't to say it will be there in the final version.

On 11/18/2019 at 2:51 AM, DefyingFates said:

Wait, really? That's really interesting!!

That's clever! I guess I should look at the dialogue in question before asking questions about it 😛

Edit: Something that occurred to me as I was going to sleep last night I'm proud of my lack of a life, thank you very much: does anything in the dialogue tell us these four are Abyssians, or are we just assuming that because they have the lost Crests? If Anna's been able to run her business without being captured by Hanneman, it's possible the other four have as well, right? Especially if they've lived quieter lives.

I just thought it'd be interesting if the Abyssians were an entirely separate group of people than we've been expecting 🙂

The dialogue makes them all sound like students. Or at least a Knight of Seiros. Yuri and Coco give me a student vibe, Hapi and Balthus can be a toss up, but the dialogue makes Balthus sound more like a student than Hapi. Hapi sounds more like the big sister type. Nothing so far alludes to them being Abysseans, but then again, there's no support dialogue in the datamine, just some special monastery quotes. Their classes are also speculative, but looking at their datamined strengths and weaknesses we can infer what they may be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fourth DLC is just a side story? I’m considering skipping. Then again, this game is legit, so I may change my mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Midnox said:

The fourth DLC is just a side story? I’m considering skipping. Then again, this game is legit, so I may change my mind

The first few posts in this thread go more in-depth, but we're getting a new story, characters, classes and new facilities and other features like Battalions/ Gambits. It certainly seems to be more in-depth than the other three packs, so it's worth keeping an eye on. As a bonus, we still don't know what the free update will bring this time, so that's worth looking forward to. I still maintain that "extra save slots" is the best add-on we've gotten yet.

Edited by DefyingFates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

The first few posts in this thread go more in-depth, but we're getting a new story, characters, classes and new facilities and other features like Battalions/ Gambits. It certainly seems to be more in-depth than the other three packs, so it's worth keeping an eye on. As a bonus, we still don't know what the free update will bring this time, so that's worth looking forward to. I still maintain that "extra save slots" is the best add-on we've gotten yet.

Nice, I’d love more story. I hope it’s not some golden ending bullshit. I also want Rhea playable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the current release pattern (relative to their schedule), when will we be getting the first official info (ie famitsu) for the last wave?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2019 at 7:50 AM, DefyingFates said:

The first few posts in this thread go more in-depth, but we're getting a new story, characters, classes and new facilities and other features like Battalions/ Gambits. It certainly seems to be more in-depth than the other three packs, so it's worth keeping an eye on. As a bonus, we still don't know what the free update will bring this time, so that's worth looking forward to. I still maintain that "extra save slots" is the best add-on we've gotten yet.

Certainly the extra save slots are nice, but for me the single biggest feature is battle outfit selection.

 

So many of the class defaults are so lackluster, and the ability to choose to use monastery outfits is so welcome. I absolutely love it. My characters feel like actual proper FE characters with real identities in battle now.

 

I hope that wave 4 will add more to that. Like add monastery outfits to mounted classes. 

 

Also, I'd love the ability to access the journal in the regular menu instead of only in Exploration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...