Wave 3 and 4 DLC Info Leaked (Famitsu) (SPOILERS)

BZL8

3 minutes ago, Modirufa6317 said:

and potentially very plot relevant...

If she does have a Crest of Ernest I think her Paralogue/ Supports/ impact on the lore will be interesting, but being an add-on doesn't give her room to be plot relevant, I think. Unless she has a starring role in the side story of course.

Edited by DefyingFates

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

If she does have a Crest of Ernest I think her Paralogue/ Supports/ impact on the lore will be interesting, but being an add-on doesn't give her room to be plot relevant, I think. Unless she has a starring role in the side story of course.

Well, it's just wishful thinking from my part : for all we know, Anna could very well be a completely pointless character because the writers didn't want to include her but were forced to by the higher-ups.

On 9/20/2019 at 9:59 PM, Timlugia said:

Rhea fits quite well for preskip, it's only post skip she's a problem since she joins you only at second to the last chapter.

Like she could join you after chapter 4 once you "proved" yourself by getting Sword of the Creator (the same time her support chain opens). As I mentioned earlier, this is also reflected by some of her datamine quotes like tea time, where all but one had pre-skip nature.

But even then her lines suggested she was supposedly usable at Shambhla as she clearly told you she will fight, and in battle exchange were mostly between her and Thales.

By the same standard both Anna and Jeritza are also problematic lore wise: Anna canonically didn't show up until chapter 16 despite having appearance in some supports and pre-battle shops, unless they will use "multiple Anna" troupe again. Jeritza in Crimson Flower didn't "rejoin" empire until chapter 12, was still known as Death Knight by Manuela until like chapter 14, never revealed his identity in Crimson Flower, so it would be interesting how they will integrate him. Or maybe they will just pull Awakening and disregard the lore....

Or Rhea was just going to be an ally unit at Shambhla, speaking of ally units Rhea has appearences as one pre-skip and is pretty integral to the premise of both. (Chapter 12 you could easily have her leave the army at that point, but her other apperance is a paralouge whoch could happen at any point and is already focused on other characters)  

From a character standpoint Rhea herself is seemingly against the idea of traipsing around with you in a guidance box question. 

6 hours ago, goodperson707 said:

From a character standpoint Rhea herself is seemingly against the idea of traipsing around with you in a guidance box question. 

Kind of yes and no. I know that question from advisor, but it seems to fit only before chapter 4 based on her personality.

Once her support chain unlocks, Rhea wants to bond with Byleth very much, as in C support she told you to visit her any time, and that your visit makes her the day

B support she wonders if you were avoiding her (saying no to gain support with her)

On 9/21/2019 at 3:59 AM, Timlugia said:

By the same standard both Anna and Jeritza are also problematic lore wise: Anna canonically didn't show up until chapter 16 despite having appearance in some supports and pre-battle shops, unless they will use "multiple Anna" troupe again. Jeritza in Crimson Flower didn't "rejoin" empire until chapter 12, was still known as Death Knight by Manuela until like chapter 14, never revealed his identity in Crimson Flower, so it would be interesting how they will integrate him. Or maybe they will just pull Awakening and disregard the lore....

Eh, I'd say Jeritza is pretty much revealed in chapter 6 already, come on it's basically explicit.

Anna has some lines if you go to the market in battle-prep, but then again they never needed any good reason to put Anna in, I'm okay with it even if it doesn't make sense (I also think that this one might be the best Anna design we've ever had).

1 hour ago, Modirufa6317 said:

Partially : it's not a Nintendo source, so there may be some info missing.

From people I know who bought the book, they said the overall quality was pretty bad.

There were tons of typo or editing errors (like mismatched screenshots), some info are also clearly from datamine/pre-release build rather than actually in game

So it puts somewhat doubt on their source of info.

01cd82d4b31c8701fa10f5fa287f9e2f0608ff42

Quite interesting, the same guidebook gives extra names of Crimson Flower as "Hegemony Path", while Silver Snow as "The Empire"

It kind makes sense as Byleth built his own United Fodlan as a new empire in Silver Snow(despite not calling an empire), that or United Fodlan as an inheritor to Adrestian legacy.

BTW, Resistant Army in Japanese is called The New Born Army if translated directly, not sure if any special etymology behind it.

8 hours ago, Timlugia said:

Quite interesting, the same guidebook gives extra names of Crimson Flower as "Hegemony Path", while Silver Snow as "The Empire"

It kind makes sense as Byleth built his own United Fodlan as a new empire in Silver Snow(despite not calling an empire), that or United Fodlan as an inheritor to Adrestian legacy.

BTW, Resistant Army in Japanese is called The New Born Army if translated directly, not sure if any special etymology behind it.

What are the alternate names for the other two routes? Also, is this your copy of the book, and does it confirm the leak?

Rhea being playable in SS for Shambala makes perfect sense and has precedent in the form of Archsage Athos (and even Renault) in Blazing Sword (Fire Emblem in the west) on GBA. VW as well. In both cases she can't go full-dragon mode because she is weakened by imprisonment (and later injury)

Jeritza/DK was Edelgard's subordinate, on loan to TWSITD so him being a CF join after path split seems perfectly sensible.

Fleche (CF) and Judith/Nader (VW) should be playable. Ladislava and Randolph (CF) and Rodrigue (AM) would require some re-writing, though the former case would be easy since they were killed off-screen where the latter is a major plot point in AM. Jeralt would require major re-writing, while Sothis is difficult but possible through shenanigans (she's a goddess, after all)

Anna could be an Assassin/Spy masquerading as a mere merchant lol.

1 hour ago, Ivan Tridelan said:

Ladislava and Randolph (CF) and Rodrigue (AM) would require some re-writing, though the former case would be easy since they were killed off-screen where the latter is a major plot point in AM.

They could just be temporary allies like Rhea (but for more than one chapter, obviously).

Edited by DefyingFates

19 hours ago, Timlugia said:

That is fascinating; while technically you're in the Church's side, I guess they decided to give it also an Adrestian-themed name because of both routes coming from Black Eagles.

Calling Crimson Flower as the "Hegemony Path" also gives it an special feeling as the unusual path from all the other ones that follow the usual Post Time Skip (recover the monastery, defend the monastery, go to Gronder, go to Empire); and overall describes how the route works in structure, with you defeating key targets to expand the dominance and influence of the Empire and eventually achieving peace through the end of all the internal threats.

And of course, as you say, the leader in Silver Snow pretty much turns into a God Emperor of what is essencially a reborn Adrestia with a new name.

Edited by Troykv

1 hour ago, Jayvee94 said:

Something juicy about this tweet. Please take our with a grain of salt.

Plausible, but a bit disappointing if true. For my detailed thoughts, they are in the spoiler below...

Spoiler

I know I loved the Cipher DLC for Echoes, but as I already "exhausted" that game, I had little opportunity to actually play with the new characters.

- New characters for each "class" can make sense, as it makes the deployment count 10 if we count Byleth (instead of 9 with an extra).
- Vanguard and Grandmaster being the "Ike" and "Robin" throwbacks makes sense.
-- Vanguard sounds good for a Hero master-class variant.
-- Grandmaster has a unique niche of being a buffer (and tailored to Annette). Seems a bit underwhelming though. // Actually, it gives a Master Class version for Males (as females can just go Gremory). So, it's Reason/Faith (Female) vs Reason/Authority (Both).
-- Zenith Flier being a Flying Mage can now be a thing, although it focuses on Faith instead of Reason. Even so, flying magic will still be really powerful (even if it is limited to female only).
-- Demon Fighter is basically a variant on the Dread Fighter like the Mortal Savant, but with Axes instead of Swords. (Almost perfect for Edelgard, but I wanted her Emperor class to use magic...)

- "Abyss Mode" adding new chapters to existing houses? I'm guessing it expands on Those Who Slither in the Dark. A bit weird, but it sounds more like Abyss Mode is separate from the supposed "side-story expansion," if the original datamine is still accurate.

- New characters seem tailor-made for the new classes.
-- Juris = Hero -> Vanguard
-- Balthazar = Mage -> Warlock -> Grandmaster
-- Constanz = Zenith Flier (Although the name seems like a guy's name, the skillset lines up...)
-- Javi = Demon Fighter

A shame there isn't really a promotion for Swordmasters, Assassins, or Paladins at the Master Tier. Mortal Savant is more like its own thing, while Great Knights are better suited as a Fortress Knight promotion.

Again, I can see it being plausible. Writing things out makes me just slightly more excited, but overall this seems underwhelming for me. I need to know more and how everything actually plays out to form a proper opinion. That is, of course, the leak is actually real.

Edited by Sire