Jump to content
BZL8

Wave 3 and 4 DLC Info Leaked (Famitsu) (SPOILERS)

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

I would guess it's Nabateans survivors consider monastery was built on an ancient Nabatean city

It may also explain why they all have Major Crests, since living underground probably means their bloodlines were kept pretty "pure". Either that or these four are only a few generations away from the original Crest bearers or the originals themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not saying all four were related to Saint directly, but currently only people carry major crest of saints are either saints themselves, or someone got direct transfusion from them (Jeralt)

Yet two of five new characters carrying major crests of saints...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

Maybe the excuse for those Crests that were lost to time to now show up again is that the Crest bearers in the past went to different regions like Claude's mom.

Well, the same is also true 

 

Spoiler

For Macuil

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strullemia said:

Oh, and Wave 4 is also supposed to give some free stuff right?

What about the extra classes? Aren't there supposed to be more classes coming later? Have they said anything about whether they'll be free or part of the paid bundle?

-If it is paid, then please don't give them something like a level 40 requirement. Just add them to Master pool, no SoV Overclass excessive level requirements.

 

 

And for those not historically versed, the IRL historical Nabatean kingdom's (Nabataea) capital, now called Petra, was centered in a desert valley.:

45238171685_2023492227_b.jpg

The structures you see are entirely tombs I think.

-Just saying this in case KT/IS have chosen to adhere a little to the historical reality.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What about the extra classes? Aren't there supposed to be more classes coming later? Have they said anything about whether they'll be free or part of the paid bundle?

-If it is paid, then please don't give them something like a level 40 requirement. Just add them to Master pool, no SoV Overclass excessive level requirements.

 

 

And for those not historically versed, the IRL historical Nabatean kingdom's (Nabataea) capital, now called Petra, was centered in a desert valley.:

45238171685_2023492227_b.jpg

The structures you see are entirely tombs I think.

-Just saying this in case KT/IS have chosen to adhere a little to the historical reality.

Ooh, that looks almost exactly like the Red Canyon! Crazy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Not saying all four were related to Saint directly, but currently only people carry major crest of saints are either saints themselves, or someone got direct transfusion from them (Jeralt)

Yet two of five new characters carrying major crests of saints...

Reminds me how much I wonder how Felix got a major crest. For the most part, most of the major crest users have an excuse, but not him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Ooh, that looks almost exactly like the Red Canyon! Crazy!

My partner and I visited Petra last year, and the Nabateans are really fascinating.  They had an irrigation system that was more sophisticated than the Romans' at the time (kind of necessary when you live in such harsh dessert conditions), and of course building structures like the so called Monastery and Treasury (named despite the fact that archaeologists doubt that was their actual function) into the cliff sides was no easy feat.  Anyway, one of the weird things about the Nabataean civilization is we have graffiti from the, we have some inscriptions, we know they were a literate society, we even know things *about* their language - both written and spoken....but for such an advanced civilization, we have no extensive collection of documents *by* them.  Really fairly minimal amounts of graffiti, very scarce number of papyri, and secondhand references about them from the many other civilizations that interacted with them - it's all unusual for an advanced civilization .  I told this to my partner, who responded that clearly, they were aliens - which is a joke theory among some archaeologists as well.  Someone at IS  must have come to the same conclusion.

Edited by Flores Salicis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Reminds me how much I wonder how Felix got a major crest. For the most part, most of the major crest users have an excuse, but not him.

I think Felix and Catherine are the only two known characters who have a major crest without either sharing the identity of the original crest bearer, or getting a crest infusion (willingly or... otherwise). I don't think there was any foul play in their cases; rather, people can inherit major crests, it's just exceedingly rare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, kinda hard to tell, but doesn't seem like the four of new characters are exclusive to one of the routes because two of leaked dialogs are with each other(Coco seems to be Constance and they have work dialog with Hapi) Maybe they start out in different houses at least, but are just as recruitable as other units?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Flores Salicis said:

My partner and I visited Petra last year, and the Nabateans are really fascinating.  They had an irrigation system that was more sophisticated than the Romans' at the time (kind of necessary when you live in such harsh dessert conditions), and of course building structures like the so called Monastery and Treasury (named despite the fact that archaeologists doubt that was their actual function) into the cliff sides was no easy feat.  Anyway, one of the weird things about the Nabataean civilization is we have graffiti from the, we have some inscriptions, we know they were a literate society, we even know things *about* their language - both written and spoken....but for such an advanced civilization, we have no extensive collection of documents *by* them.  Really fairly minimal amounts of graffiti, very scarce number of papyri, and secondhand references about them from the many other civilizations that interacted with them - it's all unusual for an advanced civilization .  I told this to my partner, who responded that clearly, they were aliens - which is a joke theory among some archaeologists as well.  Someone at IS  must have come to the same conclusion.

That's so cool! Thank you very much!

And ha, aliens... xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering that the logo for the DLC is a representation of Sirius (wolf eating the moon) from which Sothis name is based on, it's likely that the Abyss civilisation have at least a connection to her. It's possible they're not even Nabatean, considering not even the church seems to be aware of its existance.

It also makes me wonder about the leaked 4 DLC characters : they're seems to be plot-relevant enough that I can't imagine the game just pretending that they've always been in the monastery when there's been no mention of their existance beforehand. Maybe they've fallen to the Abyss, and recently got back up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still digging through the new files and I haven't really checked the discussions much. Have we covered the possible new DLC classes leaked via the new update?

It seems we're getting four new Advanced classes that can wield magic. No names are available, but pretty much everything else is.

I'll just post the growth rates and skill bonuses for now.

0x54 Foot magic Advanced, Sword +3, Reason +1, Faith +2
     HP 20%, Dex 15%, Spd 20%, Lck 10%, Res 5%
I think DeathChaos25 is correct that this is the Trickster class.

0x55 Foot magic Advanced, Axe +1, Brawl +3, Faith +1
     HP 40%, Str 10%, Mag 5%, Dex 10%, Res 5%, Cha 5%
Seems like a new axe/brawling/healing class.

0x56 Flying magic Advanced, Sword +1, Lance +2, Reason +3, Flying +3
     HP 20%, Spd 10%, Res 10%, Cha 10%
Dark Flier basically.

0x57 Cavalry magic Advanced, Sword +3, Reason +3, Faith +1, Riding +3
     HP 5%, Mag 5%, Spd -5%, Lck 5%, Def 5%, Res 10%, Cha 10%
Mage Knight?

Not sure if any are gender-locked. Can check later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I think Felix and Catherine are the only two known characters who have a major crest without either sharing the identity of the original crest bearer, or getting a crest infusion (willingly or... otherwise). I don't think there was any foul play in their cases; rather, people can inherit major crests, it's just exceedingly rare.

Hanneman's father also had a major crest, supporting this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I'm still digging through the new files and I haven't really checked the discussions much. Have we covered the possible new DLC classes leaked via the new update?

Wait, these are...

Spoiler

...all Advanced? No Masters?

That seems a little odd. Why?:

  • "Dark Flier" as Advanced seems bad when it'd in all likelihood be good enough to qualify as a Master class. Do they not want to set the Flying requirement to Master standards b/c otherwise you're not likely to put a mage in a flight class b/c no others have magic?
  • "Trickster" as a precursor to Mortal Savant would be feasible, and yet, what do they have in mind that's make it somehow worse than a Mortal Savant? Without knowing anything more, it seems as though this would be better than MS and hence available at the same tier.
  • "War Monk", to describe this new Axe-Brawler with Faith, might be a good side-grade to War Master. Presumably it'd drop the Crit +20 for the healing powers, but this make it sound like it too would be better at Master.
  • "Mage Knight" could be a mounted substitute for men lacking Gremory for some odd reason. The Sword requirement would make it more flexible than Dark Knight for those who aren't into Lances. And yet, yet again this seems like it could match the Dark Knight and outdo the Mortal Savant, so why not Master?

 

I cannot find anything from what little we know to justify any of these as not-Master, given what already counts as Master. Could the designations of "Advanced" be temporary? Or could these be classes being Advanced be an act of kindness (and easiness) to players? Or, are the developers secretly regretting the Master tier and wish they had only made Unique-Beginner-Intermediate-Advanced?

 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wait, these are...

  Hide contents

...all Advanced? No Masters?

That seems a little odd. Why?:

  • "Dark Flier" as Advanced seems bad when it'd in all likelihood be good enough to qualify as a Master class. Do they not want to set the Flying requirement to Master standards b/c otherwise you're not likely to put a mage in a flight class b/c no others have magic?
  • "Trickster" as a precursor to Mortal Savant would be feasible, and yet, what do they have in mind that's make it somehow worse than a Mortal Savant? Without knowing anything more, it seems as though this would be better than MS and hence available at the same tier.
  • "War Monk", to describe this new Axe-Brawler with Faith, might be a good side-grade to War Master. Presumably it'd drop the Crit +20 for the healing powers, but this make it sound like it too would be better at Master.
  • "Mage Knight" could be a mounted substitute for men lacking Gremory for some odd reason. The Sword requirement would make it more flexible than Dark Knight for those who aren't into Lances. And yet, yet again this seems like it could match the Dark Knight and outdo the Mortal Savant, so why not Master?

 

I cannot find anything from what little we know to justify any of these as not-Master, given what already counts as Master. Could the designations of "Advanced" be temporary? Or could these be classes being Advanced be an act of kindness (and easiness) to players? Or, are the developers secretly regretting the Master tier and wish they had only made Unique-Beginner-Intermediate-Advanced?

 

Aside from the few classes that are straight upgrade like wyvern lord or falcon knight, the only major difference between advanced and master is the difficulty of meeting the requirement.

So assuming their tier isn't just a placeholder, being advanced instead of master is actually a good thing, as it means their exam certification requirement won't be nearly as harsh.

I can easily imagine requirement for trickster being Sword B+, faith C; and war monk being Brawl B+, faith C. Both of them falls in line with advanced certifications.

As for the other 2, that's harder to tell : on one hand, the advance tier is lacking in flyers and cavalry units while master already has too much of them. On the other hand, the skills bonus feels a bit too high for advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some more info about the unreleased classes. If there's anything you want to know that I haven't posted, let me know. Otherwise, I'll be compiling everything for an article on Sunday or Monday.

Class 0x54 (probably Trickster)

Abilities: Locktouch, Stealth, New1
Mastered: Desperation

Class 0x55 (War Monk/Cleric-like class)

Abilities: Fistfaire, Unarmed Combat, Heal
Mastered: Terrain Resistance

Class 0x56 (Dark Flier?) - Seems to be female-only

Abilities: Canto, Black Tomefaire, New2
Mastered: Defiant Mag

Class 0x57 (Mage Knight?)

Abilities: Canto, Black Magic Range +1, Dark Magic Range +1
Mastered: Fiendish Blow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rip Flying mage Linhardt :/. Is there any possibility of future new master classes in the data? Like placeholders/Dummies or whatnot? Or are these the only ones? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Some more info about the unreleased classes. If there's anything you want to know that I haven't posted, let me know. Otherwise, I'll be compiling everything for an article on Sunday or Monday.

 

  Hide contents

Class 0x54 (probably Trickster)

Abilities: Locktouch, Stealth, New1
Mastered: Desperation

Class 0x55 (War Monk/Cleric-like class)

Abilities: Fistfaire, Unarmed Combat, Heal
Mastered: Terrain Resistance

Class 0x56 (Dark Flier?) - Seems to be female-only

Abilities: Canto, Black Tomefaire, New2
Mastered: Defiant Mag

Class 0x57 (Mage Knight?)

Abilities: Canto, Black Magic Range +1, Dark Magic Range +1
Mastered: Fiendish Blow

 

That doesn't seem right : 3 out the 4 mastered abilities are made redundant by cavalier, gremory & mage respectively.

And that mage cavalier seems like something the dark knight should have been all along. Heck, +1 range is something Holy Knight should have gotten!

EDIT: Now that I think about it, is there any chance these aren't just scrapped classes that they removed because of balance or anything of the sorts?

Edited by Modirufa6317

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gordin said:

Rip Flying mage Linhardt :/. Is there any possibility of future new master classes in the data? Like placeholders/Dummies or whatnot? Or are these the only ones? Thanks!

There are more placeholders, but they don't look like they're playable. Seem like NPC/enemy/event classes. (For example, they don't have mastered abilities/arts.)

0x58 is a dummy Demonic Beast.
0x59 is a foot magic Advanced class.
0x5A looks like a Noble/Commoner placeholder.
0x5B is playable Death Knight.
0x5C is a dummy Demonic Beast.
0x5D to 0x63 are 7 Noble/Commoner placeholders.

The number of placeholders doesn't really matter too much, I think. Before this update, the four unreleased DLC classes were spare Demonic Beasts. For the update, they added about 10 extra slots (from 90 to 100) at the end of the list, out of nowhere.

Also, I forgot about the certification ranks.

 

Class 0x54 (probably Trickster)

Sword B, Faith B

Class 0x55 (War Monk/Cleric-like class)

Brawling B+, Faith C+

Class 0x56 (Dark Flier?) - Seems to be female-only

Reason B+, Flying C

Class 0x57 (Mage Knight?) - Could also be female-only, but I'm not really sure (doesn't really make sense unless it's a Valkyrie or something, but it has Dark Magic Range +1)

Reason B, Riding B

Edited by VincentASM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

There are more placeholders, but they don't look like they're playable. Seem like NPC/enemy/event classes.

0x58 is a dummy Demonic Beast.
0x59 is a foot magic Advanced class.
0x5A looks like a Noble/Commoner placeholder.
0x5B is playable Death Knight.
0x5C is a dummy Demonic Beast.
0x5D to 0x63 are 7 Noble/Commoner placeholders.

The number of placeholders doesn't really matter too much, I think. Before this update, the four unreleased DLC classes were spare Demonic Beasts. For the update, they added about 10 extra slots (from 90 to 100) at the end of the list, out of nowhere.

Also, I forgot about the certification ranks.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Class 0x54 (probably Trickster)

Sword B, Faith B

Class 0x55 (War Monk/Cleric-like class)

Brawling B+, Faith C+

Class 0x56 (Dark Flier?) - Seems to be female-only

Reason B+, Flying C

Class 0x57 (Mage Knight?) - Could also be female-only, but I'm not really sure (doesn't really make sense unless it's a Valkyrie or something, but it has Dark Magic Range +1)

Reason B, Riding B

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Thanks for anwsering! It does seem unlikely yeah, but perhaps if we're lucky one or two of those new slots will be dlc classes that they hadn't started working on, so I still have hope! Thanks for all the work you're doing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

There are more placeholders, but they don't look like they're playable. Seem like NPC/enemy/event classes. (For example, they don't have mastered abilities/arts.)

0x58 is a dummy Demonic Beast.
0x59 is a foot magic Advanced class.
0x5A looks like a Noble/Commoner placeholder.
0x5B is playable Death Knight.
0x5C is a dummy Demonic Beast.
0x5D to 0x63 are 7 Noble/Commoner placeholders.

The number of placeholders doesn't really matter too much, I think. Before this update, the four unreleased DLC classes were spare Demonic Beasts. For the update, they added about 10 extra slots (from 90 to 100) at the end of the list, out of nowhere.

Also, I forgot about the certification ranks.

  Hide contents

Class 0x54 (probably Trickster)

Sword B, Faith B

Class 0x55 (War Monk/Cleric-like class)

Brawling B+, Faith C+

Class 0x56 (Dark Flier?) - Seems to be female-only

Reason B+, Flying C

Class 0x57 (Mage Knight?) - Could also be female-only, but I'm not really sure (doesn't really make sense unless it's a Valkyrie or something, but it has Dark Magic Range +1)

Reason B, Riding B

Wonderful, thank you so much Vincent!

Spoiler

I really, really hope Dark Flier isn't female only. Gender-locked classes are annoying enough without limiting DLC ones too, especially when women are already better at both flying and magic! All four seem feasible enough to be released, either in Advanced or Master tier. I think all of @Interdimensional Observer's theories for why these may be easier to get are feasible, honestly. The only thing that bugs me about these is that all their Mastery skills are already obtained from other Classes. Dummy data?

In any case, I'm glad we're getting more magic Classes and Classes that don't require Lance mastery (it's bizarre how many of the base game's Classes needed that...) Those are the two things I wanted most, and if this is true that's just what we got!

 

Edited by DefyingFates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Modirufa6317 said:

Aside from the few classes that are straight upgrade like wyvern lord or falcon knight, the only major difference between advanced and master is the difficulty of meeting the requirement.

So assuming their tier isn't just a placeholder, being advanced instead of master is actually a good thing, as it means their exam certification requirement won't be nearly as harsh.

I can easily imagine requirement for trickster being Sword B+, faith C; and war monk being Brawl B+, faith C. Both of them falls in line with advanced certifications.

As for the other 2, that's harder to tell : on one hand, the advance tier is lacking in flyers and cavalry units while master already has too much of them. On the other hand, the skills bonus feels a bit too high for advance.

No, there is another huge difference between advanced and master classes.  You can get into advanced classes at level 20. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About the Mastery skills/abilities, I'm thinking they're placeholders for now. They still have months until their deadline for adding these classes if they're part of Wave 4. Perhaps Masteries are something they're still contemplating, are they considering adding new abilities? If so, then...

Spoiler

"Dark Flier" has a high probability of getting Galeforce Galeforce. It is the class that gave it in both Awakening and Fates.

This would be the first time Galeforce and Move Again/Canto coexisted, making it slightly better than it already has been. And like Awakening, it would give the ladies a total edge over the males if DF was gender-locked, with no 2nd Gen Galeboys around this time.

I hope Galeforce doesn't work off of Gambits, AoE Gambits would be too good with this. Does Lifetaker work with AoE Gambits, or pre-final Demon Beast lifebars?

 

 

P.S.

I can see "Trickster" being useful for at least Ignatz. If you don't want him to be another Bow Knight, then his good Sword growth and Physics access isn't a bad combination.

 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...