Your worst cursed stats

Usana

12 hours ago, Anathaco said:

Was that speed stat including the -6 speed for being a Fortress Knight? Or does he have 5 speed as a Fortress Knight?

Granted, even the former is still screwed by a couple points. If it's the latter though... ouch. That hurts.

My Sylvain had like 19 speed as a Dark Knight at level 35, which is slightly below average (I think), but all his other stats were pretty bad too. Don't have any specific numbers, unfortunately, otherwise this'd be a great post for this thread.

My Ingrid on the same playthrough had 11 strength at like level 23 or something crazy like that. That's probably my worst stat-screwage story.

So, Actual Math.  Sylvain can't go into armor until level 20.  Which means he had 19 levels as a not-armor.  So. . .

(19 * 0.5) + (8 * 0.4) + 8 = 20.7, or 20-21.  Given that 11 was his speed as a Fortress Knight, that means 17 raw.  Which means it's a bit worse than I thought.

On 9/25/2019 at 9:02 AM, Anathaco said:

Was that speed stat including the -6 speed for being a Fortress Knight? Or does he have 5 speed as a Fortress Knight?

Granted, even the former is still screwed by a couple points. If it's the latter though... ouch. That hurts.

My Sylvain had like 19 speed as a Dark Knight at level 35, which is slightly below average (I think), but all his other stats were pretty bad too. Don't have any specific numbers, unfortunately, otherwise this'd be a great post for this thread.

My Ingrid on the same playthrough had 11 strength at like level 23 or something crazy like that. That's probably my worst stat-screwage story.

I balanced my Ingrid by making her a Wyvern Rider(just for few levels, she got strength ans speed at every level up) and then Paladin before going to Falcon Knight. She was insane.

Welp, my Byleth is defense screwed. 9 at Level 18. I'm honestly considering restarting NG+ (have a final boss BL save file just in case) even if I have to go through 6 chapters again. Most of my team (and I've recruited all but Hilda so far) are okay, but some are speed screwed, some are strength screwed and Lysithea is getting magic screwed. I've had enough. If Advanced classes don't patch up some of their stats, I'm restarting Silver Snow even though it'll be a headache.

On 9/27/2019 at 8:05 AM, PrincessAlyson said:

Welp, my Byleth is defense screwed. 9 at Level 18. I'm honestly considering restarting NG+ (have a final boss BL save file just in case) even if I have to go through 6 chapters again. Most of my team (and I've recruited all but Hilda so far) are okay, but some are speed screwed, some are strength screwed and Lysithea is getting magic screwed. I've had enough. If Advanced classes don't patch up some of their stats, I'm restarting Silver Snow even though it'll be a headache.

Have you tried Greenhouse farming? With the right seed combinations and sufficient amount of Explorations, I've been able to at least modestly bolster some stat-screwed units.

On 9/27/2019 at 5:05 AM, PrincessAlyson said:

Unless you're on Maddening, it should work itself out.  There's also the faculty, who are there for such situations.

7 hours ago, pekingduck said:

ave you tried Greenhouse farming? With the right seed combinations and sufficient amount of Explorations, I've been able to at least modestly bolster some stat-screwed units.

I'm actually doing that now! Gonna get as many boosters as I can! Thanks!

My Bernadetta was speed screwed in both the Empire and Silver Snow route, I'm actually shocked to see that she has a 50% speed growth, she just couldn't double unless I gave her a Brave Bow (went Archer-Sniper-Bow Knight). 

On my first Blue Lions playthrough (first route in general) my Ingrid got so strength screwed she couldn't even reliably finish of mages without a forged Silver Sword. BL endgame was still the Ingrid fest because she literally couldn't get hit by said mages so it kinda evened itself out (Pegasus Knight-Falcon Knight). Petra was also severally strength screwed in the Empire route, she was way better in my Silver Snow run (Pegasus Knight-Assassin-Falcon Knight). My Empire route was cursed in general - Dorothea had 22 magic in the last chapter, she couldn't one-round Fortress Knights... Fortress Knights!

Blessed units were Ignatz and Seteth (used him in every run), Ignatz got a lot of strength surprisingly and Seteth was just an all around monster (in GD he had more strength than Hilda and Claude, it was insane).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently playing GD maddening and chapter 7 currently. Oh my boy Ignatz is strength screwed beyond belief. After 15 levels he only got a couple of points in strength. Boy it's annoying he can't do any damage what so ever but he's speed blessed but useless considering he hits like a wet noodle. Good thing i made him a rally bot but I don't know what to with him. I hope seal strength budding talent will make him more relevant.

Ironically Raphael have the opposite problem although not as severe since at least he have gauntlets and hits like a truck thanks to his strength.

Currently playing Blue Lions again and Annette's Strength is equal to Ingrid's at level 9.
Proof (excuse the German):
3kyxGVi.jpg
5y4jGBw.jpg
Problem is, Annette is a Monk (a class clearly not geared towards physical stuff), Ingrid is a Myrmidon (who will become a Pegasus Knight). They also have equal Defense stats, when Ingrid should by all rights be a frontline fighter. To make matters worse for Ingrid, Annette got this level up right here, just to pour more salt into the wound:
rpSNWAH.jpg

Poor Ingrid.

Speaking of Defense, normally frontline man Felix had 5 Defense when he reached level 10 and when I made him a Thief, it increased by one and now he's at 6, which is one point lower than Annette on the same level. What the f***?

On 10/13/2019 at 11:31 PM, Arachnofiend said:

Might want to consider the Bolt Axe Wyvern Lord route with that Annette lol

Funny story: that's actually exactly what I am trying to do after reading about it somewhere. Do you have any experience with it? Is it worth it?

On 10/14/2019 at 5:33 AM, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Annette does not need actually offensive stats. She just can serve as a rally bot.

They gimped Rallies pretty hard in Three Houses, though, since you can only rally one person. It does make for some decent utility, sure, but it's not as strong as it used to be in Awakening.
On the other hand, this makes Annette even better, because even when she gets screwed by the ol' RNG, she can still be of use, whereas other units become bench material.

058-E4-E46-FA82-4-B29-87-C3-5-D5-CD36858

Is my Petra normal? She feels so weak. My first run was BL and Ingrid was similarly bad until I made her a Pegasus so I did the same to Petra, but other than Canto hit and runs she doesn‘t have any value other than her high speed.

I‘m currently thinking of making her a Falcon knight that uses bows and swords, is that a good idea?

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

They gimped Rallies pretty hard in Three Houses, though, since you can only rally one person. It does make for some decent utility, sure, but it's not as strong as it used to be in Awakening.

I did not know that rallies could be used on multiple people in Awakening since I never used them, but even buffing just unit is really helpful in Three Houses. Ingrid is the biggest profiteer of Annette's rally to tank and maybe even ORKO mages with a short spear. 

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Funny story: that's actually exactly what I am trying to do after reading about it somewhere. Do you have any experience with it? Is it worth it?

Personally, I think it's not that good an idea. It's too heavy and too inaccurate.

@GrySun Oof. No that strength stat is a little bit low. About 5-6 points assuming I punched stuff into the spreedsheet right. It doesn't even look like you have any blessed stats. Maybe an extra point of speed and charm and a couple extra hp. Oh wait. You are RES blessed. I bet that 4 or so extra points of RES is totally worth being that low on strength /sarcasm.

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Personally, I think it's not that good an idea. It's too heavy and too inaccurate.

60 hit Bolt Axe isn't the best, yes. Especially considering attacking from three range and above gives you an additional penalty to your hit rate (although I don't know if this isn't exclusive to bows. Maybe someone can clear that up for me). And even now, her hit rates with her spells (she's a Mage until at least level 20) is much higher than with Axes, even though her Dexterity is pretty high.
I asked, because I have doubts on the matter; everything tells me Annette = Magic user and I remember her being very, very strong on my first playthrough where I went down that route with her.
It is pretty funny to see a delicate-looking Mage whack things with an axe, although she struggles to double many enemies when she uses them.
I am somewhat determined to go through with it, because her Strength has been growing exceptionally well as of recent. It's currently higher than Ingrid's and Sylvain's, for reference. Whether it'll be worth it or not is another matter, but I can still switch her over to Warlock or Gremory should the endeavor prove fruitless. As you can see in the screenshot I posted, I already prepared for that scenario and got her Reason level to A through New Game+ shenanigans, so a fail-safe is already in place should things go the way you described them.

2 hours ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

I did not know that rallies could be used on multiple people in Awakening since I never used them, but even buffing just unit is really helpful in Three Houses. Ingrid is the biggest profiteer of Annette's rally to tank and maybe even ORKO mages with a short spear. 

True, it is helpful buffing even a single unit and I use Annette's rally personal from time to time when she has nothing else to do that turn or I want to give a specific unit the EXP for a kill they wouldn't be able to get otherwise (looking at you, Ingrid/Sylvain).

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

(although I don't know if this isn't exclusive to bows. Maybe someone can clear that up for me).

Fairly certain that doesn’t apply to Bolt Axe/Levin Sword. I’ve used Wyvern Annette a few times, and I’ve never noticed it. On the topic of whether WL Annette is good, it’s probably the best version of her. The best route I’ve used so far is Monk -> Mage -> Wyvern classes. On Hard, you can substitute Mage for Pegasus Knight if you want Darting Blow, but on Maddening, Lightning Axe isn’t strong enough to OHKO that early, so I wouldn’t bother. With Axefaire, Mag +2 from Monk, a Magic Staff, and Fiendish Blow, she hits really hard with her Combat Art, Lightning Axe. Flight and higher Move also makes her Rallies more useful, and Bolt Axe+ gives her 3 Range, something she either has very late as a mage (S rank Reason) or needs a Range-increasing equip item for. It’s pretty much strictly better, seeing as Annette doesn’t double anyway. 

14 hours ago, LegendOfLoog said:

Fairly certain that doesn’t apply to Bolt Axe/Levin Sword. I’ve used Wyvern Annette a few times, and I’ve never noticed it. On the topic of whether WL Annette is good, it’s probably the best version of her. The best route I’ve used so far is Monk -> Mage -> Wyvern classes. On Hard, you can substitute Mage for Pegasus Knight if you want Darting Blow, but on Maddening, Lightning Axe isn’t strong enough to OHKO that early, so I wouldn’t bother. With Axefaire, Mag +2 from Monk, a Magic Staff, and Fiendish Blow, she hits really hard with her Combat Art, Lightning Axe. Flight and higher Move also makes her Rallies more useful, and Bolt Axe+ gives her 3 Range, something she either has very late as a mage (S rank Reason) or needs a Range-increasing equip item for. It’s pretty much strictly better, seeing as Annette doesn’t double anyway. 

I see. Thank you for the insight!
Bold: I'm actually going that path with her, because I definitely want to get Fiendish Blow. It's also somewhat for safety, because I want her to be able to fall back on her spells until she can actually use Bolt Axes.

On 10/15/2019 at 5:43 AM, GrySun said:

058-E4-E46-FA82-4-B29-87-C3-5-D5-CD36858

Is my Petra normal? She feels so weak. My first run was BL and Ingrid was similarly bad until I made her a Pegasus so I did the same to Petra, but other than Canto hit and runs she doesn‘t have any value other than her high speed.

I‘m currently thinking of making her a Falcon knight that uses bows and swords, is that a good idea?

Oof, everything outside of Dex, Speed, Luck, and Charm are absurdly low. Good news though, she's 1 level away from potentially huge promotion boosts. If you're going for a sword-and-bow falcon, you could put her in Assassin for the stat boosts, assuming you're near the proficiencies. Although she still needs to raise her lance and flight ranks for the exam, and Pegasus Knight is ideal for those.

• 1 year later...
On 9/25/2019 at 2:02 AM, Anathaco said:

This was my Ingrid on my Blue Lions run as well. The entire Pegasus Knight class is cursed for me, I've never had one in any FE game who had her expected strength value. My current Awakening run Sumia has 9 strength after 30 levels. Awful.

Edited by Marienburg