[FE7] Differences between FE7 from a GBA Cart vs. Wii U VC?

lushen124

I had received a message from somebody about Yune and not accepting a Wii U dump of FE7, and it turns out the checksums are different. I suspect there's slightly different code for Wii U support and maybe some bug fixes to support save states or additional code for button remapping or something. So I took a look at the binary diff between the two, and while there's a few arbitrary changes in the 0x4000 ~ 0x5000 range (I assume this range is just changes that they had to make for it to even work on the Wii U), there are two peculiar changes above that range that look like something was removed. The changes in question are at 0x5EFB4 and 0x61CA9. In both cases, the Wii U version has patched this out into 46 C0 46 C0 46 C0 46 C0 (maybe NOPs?) while in the original GBA version, this is 28 1C 05 21 F0 F7 10 F8 at the former address and E0 6D 0A 21 ED F7 96 F9 in the latter address. Does anybody know what subroutine or data is around those addresses? The randomizer doesn't seem to touch those, so it's probably safe for me to just add a new checksum for Yune to support, but I'm just curious what those actually change. The closest addresses I do touch refer to spell animations, but the table I modify doesn't extend that far. Although, it would make sense if this is one of those changes to prevent epilepsy or something.