What animal, plant, or other forms of life do you not mind going extinct?

XRay

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like bees, wasps, hornets, etc. My city's university's mascot is a hornet. Our newspaper, the Sacramento Bee (we locals just call it the Bee), uses a bee for a mascot.

I tried yellow jacket honey once when I was a kid. A small paper nest was on the floor and I do not remember there being many wasps around, so I took the nest. There was not a lot of honey and it does not taste as good as bee honey, but it was still a bit sweet.

On 9/27/2019 at 10:53 AM, DragonFlames said:

I had one of those f***ers just the other night. Ugh. It's not funny being sick, thus already having trouble sleeping, and then one of those things showed up and decided "hey, scratching at walls is fun, right? Let's do it!".

I hope you feel better soon! They're so loud too and have a habit of running into the walls!

• 1 year later...
15 minutes ago, Kenanel said:

What are the best fertilizers for roses?

I try to buy only those fertilizers that have passed the test of time. My garden is full of roses; I take care of them like my children. So I never skimp on fertilizer. I am willing to pay big money for the best fertilizer for knockout roses. My husband thinks I am crazy, but he supports my hobby. I want to fill my garden with different flowers. Because it looks very cool and other people will admire the beauty. Many of my friends ask me for advice on how to grow such beautiful roses. But they are not willing to spend a lot of money on flowers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/23/2019 at 6:08 AM, XRay said:

What the title says. Assuming there are no bad consequences, what animal do you not mind to disappear off the face of the Earth? Could be plants and other stuff too.

For me, I fear spiders, so I do not mind if all of them go extinct.
I am not a fan cockroaches that dwell in homes either, so they can all go extinct too. I am not afraid of them, but they are gross and revolting.
Same with house flies. They are gross and revolting.
And blood sucking mosquitoes too. Super annoying.
I am fine with plants and other forms of life though.

If you have to take the bad consequences into account, how would that affect your list? Would it be the same or smaller?

For me, my list will be reduced to just spiders and only certain spiders, primarily black widows, brown recluse, and any other spider species commonly found in or near homes.
While I do not like cockroaches, house flies, and mosquitoes, I think I can deal with them for their contributions to the environment.

Given your condition that there will be no bad consequences, I would like all snakes to disappear, I do not like them. I also don't like pigeons, very stupid birds that spread infections!
And so in real life all beings play their part and it is impossible to allow any species to abruptly cease to exist.
I would very much like humanity to change and treat nature responsibly, consume resources responsibly and try to compensate for its impact on the environment as much as possible. I encourage you to visit one website that contains many facts and articles about how much people pollute water and waste this valuable resource, although there are many. In many countries, droughts are becoming even more severe, so this problem is very relevant. I would like to add that this site employs professional writers who will be happy to help you if you have difficulties.

Edited by carlstensfer102