First Run deaths?

Osrio12

So I might not have been entirely truthful when I described my Azure Moon finale thread. I said Sylvain and Seteth died, but that's not all! During the final push into El's throne room, Catherine, Ashe and Flayn ended up biting za dusto.  This actually kinda fucked me up since I wanted to get Ashe and Annette's ending, but it's alright. 

How about you all, what were your first run deaths, and how did ya lose them?

Yikes, I really must've fucked up somewhere then- 

I guess my mind set was 

"Okay, Sylvain died. One death isn't a biggie."

Then Seteth died and I thought the same thing.

Then suddenly El is dropping my units like flies and I guess I just sighed and reasoned "Hey it's the final map, and it's your first route. It's not that bad." I said as I sat on Catherine's corpse contemplating my future.

3 minutes ago, Osrio12 said:

Yikes, I really must've fucked up somewhere then- 

I guess my mind set was 

"Okay, Sylvain died. One death isn't a biggie."

Then Seteth died and I thought the same thing.

Then suddenly El is dropping my units like flies and I guess I just sighed and reasoned "Hey it's the final map, and it's your first route. It's not that bad." I said as I sat on Catherine's corpse contemplating my future.

Don't feel bad, by endgame most of my units were getting orko by everybody so I'd dro them for everyone else. By endgame I had Dimitri and Byleth and they killed everything In one round anyway. It's not that I was skilled or decent, I just ran out of time because work was starting and it was easier to just have those two solve the map. Basically how it went for all routes except golden deer.

The first time I played the final map for CF, I lost Caspar and Lysithea to a Golem on the right hand side - nearly lost Ferdinand too but he kept preventing counters with this Crest + Swift Strikes and was thus able to finally kill the thing, what a badass.

The Immaculate one killed Bernadetta and Dorothea, which was a pity since I was looking forward to their respective paired endings with Hubert and Ferdinand, but alas.

I ended up saving in another slot and replaying the map to keep everyone alive, though.

2 minutes ago, De Geso said:

The Immaculate one killed Bernadetta and Dorothea, 

That's the difference between you and I.

I would reset my entire file for Bernadetta. First time I saw this snow pea, I though to myself "Nah El, you don't deserve her this time. Get stuffed."

Given the ending of Azure Moon, this proclamation was quite prophetic. Hell, Bernie was the one who actually finished the battle.

Bernadetta is love, Bernadetta is life.

My first run was BL, so I had no idea that TWISTD had the significance that it did- but when I saw that there was a dark mage with a name, I figured he was gonna be very dangerous, so I made a sacrifice. 

I didn't have stride at this point because I vastly underestimated the usefulness of gambits, so I danced for Bow Knight Shamir and sent her out on a suicide mission to kill him. It worked, but she got swarmed and killed in enemy phase. 

That's the only death that I didn't turnwheel, cause I figured if I didn't get rid of him on turn 1 things would have been way more difficult.

My first route was semi iron man Golden Deer. I say semi iron man because I did use the turnwheel, but not to rewind deaths. In any case, I wanted to play female Byleth and be a lesbian, and that plan, well, did not work out like I was hoping it would. When I realized there were no female romance options in the Golden Deer House, I decided to recruit Dorothea, only for her to die a few chapters later due to a careless mistake on my part. I then got Mercedes as a replacement, but she too bit the dust at some point. I finally settled for Sothis because I had missed the Rhea support and she was the only female option left.

Other than those two, I also lost Flayn, as well as Sylvain and Leonie. The latter was especially heartbreaking because she was easily one of my best units, and it happened very late in the game, but iron man is iron man.

Edited by Elephantus

2 hours ago, Osrio12 said:

That's the difference between you and I.

I would reset my entire file for Bernadetta. First time I saw this snow pea, I though to myself "Nah El, you don't deserve her this time. Get stuffed."

Given the ending of Azure Moon, this proclamation was quite prophetic. Hell, Bernie was the one who actually finished the battle.

Bernadetta is love, Bernadetta is life.

We must protect Bernadetta at all costs. I can't imagine a time where i wouldn't recruit her. 

Played Classic/Normal GD first, and with the exception of some early game mishaps due to my lack of foresight, I more or less steamrolled through it without using Divine Pulse at all. I'm tempted to say it's the easiest route.

Went through Classic/Hard BL next and that was significantly harder, but I still didn't use the turnwheel... until the damn timeskip. The last two maps particularly wrecked me, but I still didn't permanently lose anyone. Just... you know, had my weaker units blasted into cinders about a dozen times before I finally made it to the throne room. Ended up offing Edelgard with a javelin lol. Think I need to make my team less lopsided next time around.

Thinking about trying Maddening but it might give me a stroke so

At the end of Hard/Classic GD only a couple of my units could deal double digits damage to the final boss despite having no trouble with the preceding chapter and its ten sub-bosses. This was after I pulled him from his throne so that we had better hit rates and he wasn't healing as much per turn. How did we pull him from the throne? Well, for some reason he really wanted to kill Manuela and I just kind of let that happen. Better her than Lysithea whose Luna dealt the last 50 damage necessary to knock him out.

35 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

At the end of Hard/Classic GD only a couple of my units could deal double digits damage to the final boss despite having no trouble with the preceding chapter and its ten sub-bosses. This was after I pulled him from his throne so that we had better hit rates and he wasn't healing as much per turn. How did we pull him from the throne? Well, for some reason he really wanted to kill Manuela and I just kind of let that happen. Better her than Lysithea whose Luna dealt the last 50 damage necessary to knock him out.

"Um, Professor, mind if I ask why you placed this target over my head."

"Modern problems require modern solutions Manuela."

Nobody ever died on any of my three runs (that I couldn't fix with Pulse), one on hard mode, and didn't even need to rely much on Divine Pulse.

I resetted a map once and that was because one of the NPC villagers died, had no one to reach him and I wanted them all to survive.

Three Houses is the easiest FE game there is. 

Edited by Vince777

I did Hard/Classic on all routes but BE was my first run. I don't remember if anyone died. I'm sure I kept all of them alive. 

BL: Hilda and Dedue(I think). I made a mistake on the final chapter but I didn't want to use Divine Pulse so I let them die.

GD: Raphael and Ignatz. Honestly, I couldn't care less about these two; they were my worst units.

Edited by Spectrum

I send people to their deaths all the time because I go for stupidly aggressive stuff more often than not. But I always reset when they actually fall, so no actual casualty when it's credits time, thus far.

Divine pulse saves me a lot of time as a result, to be honest. Like, a dozen hours a playthrough, at least.

First run? Everyone survives (except from other houses) - praises to divine pulses, the most broken feature in Fire Emblem history.

Anyway, I'm currently doing my Hard/Classic Ironman No Pulse run with Golden Deer, and I'm up to Kronya's chapter. So far I have 1 casualty: Petra, my mission assistance on Chapter 5 (Miklan chapter). She was in range of the archer and another melee guy. It was stupid from me, but I'll keep going. The rest of the run is very promising so far.

Technically she's not dead, as she is in the monastery and I had to face her in the mock battle, but I cannot recruit her or ask her to assist on missions.

Edited by Garlyle

Flayn in the battle of Gronder field as Blue Lions - I remember using the strode gambit to kill the original  ballista  user right at the start but when they sent Petra up I just ran away (I didn't know Gambis bypassed Evasion at that point). I didn't realize that Petra qualified for the ballista, so she smashed Flayn. (Then next turn Lysithea disintegrated Petra from full health, which was even more terrifying). I only had Flayn deployed because I had done no recruits and didn't reach the deployment limit.  No one else died in the part 2 maps, although Ashe and Sylvain probably would have if I hadn't benched him and just used 6  BL +  random Teachers.

Nothing that a Divine Pulse couldn't fix (because the other option was losing three members of my army on the same map). . .but that was because I did Normal/Classic, and Lance of Ruin can literally OHKO the final boss on BE Empire.

Spoiler

You'll need a competent Sylvain.  Wipe out the other HP bars, and hit the hole in the shield.  Ruined Sky crits are amazing.

Boss on GD wasn't even close to killing anyone of note (Hard/Classic).  Baited with my designated punching bag (Sylvain again), and then let everyone else dogpile.  Currently doing BL on Hard/Classic, and unless the game throws some serious curve balls, the Magical Girl Squad (Annette, Mercedes, Marianne, and Flayn) are set to steamroll everything.  I don't know how they got so absurd.  I'm sorry.