Reinforcements aren't recognised as in the party? (Solved)

TomLeggosaurus

Heya!

Using FE8/FEBuilderGBA

So I'm pretty sure I fixed this before, but it may have become un-fixed?

Regardless, in chapter 6 I have just "Eirika" deployed at the start, and another unit rejoins at turn 7. When you open up the unit info menu and scroll through your units the new unit isn't shown up (unless you select him first, then he disappears when you scroll), and if you move "Eirika" first it skips to end phase without letting you use the other unit.

It's kind of a pre-existing problem that I've been able to avoid until now. I've only been able to have player unit reinforcements if they were joining in that chapter, not units already on the roster, or I would find similar issues.

Would love to be able to understand why these issues occur and how to fix them in the future, thank you for your time!

2 hours ago, TomLeggosaurus said:

Heya!

Using FE8/FEBuilderGBA

So I'm pretty sure I fixed this before, but it may have become un-fixed?

Regardless, in chapter 6 I have just "Eirika" deployed at the start, and another unit rejoins at turn 7. When you open up the unit info menu and scroll through your units the new unit isn't shown up (unless you select him first, then he disappears when you scroll), and if you move "Eirika" first it skips to end phase without letting you use the other unit.

It's kind of a pre-existing problem that I've been able to avoid until now. I've only been able to have player unit reinforcements if they were joining in that chapter, not units already on the roster, or I would find similar issues.

Would love to be able to understand why these issues occur and how to fix them in the future, thank you for your time!

Did you remove them from your party using the REMU event code? I'm guessing your trying to re-add them like Ephraim on ch 15?

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Did you remove them from your party using the REMU event code? I'm guessing your trying to re-add them like Ephraim on ch 15?

I haven't seen anything like that in my chapter events so unless it happens in between chapters in some sneaky way I don't think that's it. I've also tried a "character rejoin" code just in case and it doesn't seem to change anything.

7 hours ago, TomLeggosaurus said:

I haven't seen anything like that in my chapter events so unless it happens in between chapters in some sneaky way I don't think that's it. I've also tried a "character rejoin" code just in case and it doesn't seem to change anything.

Look at chapter 8, the turn where Ephraims team rejoins, there's a reveal flag to put him back on your team. You have to "remove" his date using the REMU event code, then reveal him in a later event.

7 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Look at chapter 8, the turn where Ephraims team rejoins, there's a reveal flag to put him back on your team. You have to "remove" his date using the REMU event code, then reveal him in a later event.

I've already worked on ch8, but the rejoin on ch15 is still there for me to see. So I just completely winged it and copied the ch15 event more closely, adding the SVAL and SET_STATE codes in that occur after the REVEAL and it worked???

Obviously I'm happy I got it working, but any explanation about why it works or what the codes do would be appreciated!

5 hours ago, TomLeggosaurus said:

I've already worked on ch8, but the rejoin on ch15 is still there for me to see. So I just completely winged it and copied the ch15 event more closely, adding the SVAL and SET_STATE codes in that occur after the REVEAL and it worked???

Obviously I'm happy I got it working, but any explanation about why it works or what the codes do would be appreciated!

Which other codes did you use? Glad to hear you got it working.

• TomLeggosaurus changed the title to Reinforcements aren't recognised as in the party? (Solved)