September Mythic Hero Revealed:Thrasir: Omnicidal Witch)

ZeManaphy

If it was Thrasir of legend, then she would have been more fitting even if some people don't like the Heroes OCs. Nope, instead, it's fallen timeline Heroes where Veronica takes up Thrasir's name. Welp, that confirms one thing: Alfonse and Veronica are (going to become) mythic heroes. I cannot imagine how angry some people will be with things like Marth, Roy, Ike, or whoever make more sense as mythic heroes. Or, y'know, actual mythic heroes or god-like beings like Anri, Mila, Roland, and Bramimond. Speaking of mythical heroes, anyone remember Thorr?

Killing Intent being a Desperation that works on the foe not having full health or being Panicked is interesting. I could see her being paired up with Jaffar, Lewyn, Ophelia, Sonya, or anyone else who often uses AoE specials or can cause out of combat splash damage. Panic Smoke is a thing. It references Veronica's Elivagar's ability to inflict Panic, so that's neat. It also allows people to not need Legion's Axe if they want to do Panic stuff. I guess CYL Micaiah and Saizo would be okay with wanting this? They probably want Pulse Smoke more. Gunnthra and Matthew might want this or not.

1 minute ago, Troykv said:

I think she mostly a Mythic out of neccesity more than anything else.

Unlike Legendary Heroes where our supply of heroes will never end (we have lords, pseudo lords and other figures like Athos that can work for that position), but with Mythics we're pretty limited, and most of the options people comments are just the final bosses (and Mila).

They could have made the actual Lif and Thrasir and not dead Alfonse and dead Veronica who took up their names. It would take time and risk introducing characters some might not care about, but they commissioned Thorr. Remember her? She existed to introduce Rokkr Sieges where they could have made her a bit more relevant as a unit, a mythic hero, people can summon. Nope, she's just there and possibly even forgotten by the developers like Loki wanting Naglfar for whatever reason in that paralogue from long ago. There are past figures in some of the games like Anri or Hartmut that they could have said, "Sure, they're mythical enough even if they're wasn't a god or god-like being", and done whatever they wanted with them.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't dislike OCs but yeah I was hoping for something other than Thrasir and now I have low expectations for the next Mythic banner since Lif is probably going to end up on it.

This is just not what I envision mythic heroes to be. 

I'm very meh on the OCs, but then I'm also very meh on these supposedly awesome mythical heroes of old who are in reality just one-sentence footnotes in some old games I've never played. So it's a bit of a no-win situation for me, eh. FEH to me is about the actual playable characters we've played as over the years, not some faceless names whose deeds are only ever told and not seen. I'll support someone like Anri being added only when they make an Archanea prequel FE game where we actually play his story.

P.S. Fake Lif? Probably sword infantry. Real Lif, probably sword infantry. Anri, probably sword infantry. Damn it all to hell.

14 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Real Lif, probably sword infantry.

Do we even know if Lif wielded a sword? Fake Lif, yes, but he doesn't use Folkvangr anymore while Sokkvabekkr seems to be fake Lif's sword and I don't remember the story exactly, probably a result of what happened with the ritual. If anything, it might even make more sense for Lif to use Glitnir, Gustav's axe and the axe that was once used by a king of Askr. Also, the thing with Aether Raids and Lif makes me want to think of Lif as a flier unit of some sort where he rides a wyvern, pegasus, or maybe something else like a griffon.

Similar deal with Thrasir, but I guess for some, another green mage infantry isn't as a bad as another sword infantry.

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Do we even know if Lif wielded a sword? Fake Lif, yes, but he doesn't use Folkvangr anymore while Sokkvabekkr seems to be fake Lif's sword and I don't remember the story exactly, probably a result of what happened with the ritual. If anything, it might even make more sense for Lif to use Glitnir, Gustav's axe and the axe that was once used by a king of Askr. Also, the thing with Aether Raids and Lif makes me want to think of Lif as a flier unit of some sort where he rides a wyvern, pegasus, or maybe something else like a griffon.

Similar deal with Thrasir, but I guess for some, another green mage infantry isn't as a bad as another sword infantry. 

No idea, but I'd certainly hope so. I might even allow myself to be happy at his future inclusion if that was the case. Frankly I'd take the addition of any speedy axe unit since FEH has a huge hole in that category. Any cavalry axe would be fine too as they're generally lacking altogether (and I assume there's no way Gustav would be mythic).

I'm fine with Thrasir being infantry since she's new in that category not only for mythics, but for legendaries as well.

Probably considered Mythic based on her and Lif's power level. Remember, they were looking at some extremely powerful magic when they had originally tried to defeat Hel. Moreso in Lif's case as it lead to the destruction of his word (and the mcguffin is possibly his sword), but you can probably infer that Thrasir is at a similar level of strength. 

Also ties into their names, originally being through of as being the original founders of the Heroes nations along with the crazy summoning related powers tied to said nations. 

Also gotta remember that Eir... doesn't really fit the build for Mythic either the more and more we learn about her. Only mythical thing presented in story about her is the number of times she's died. 

If the Hel trio are going to get this treatment then I'm all for it. Less banners like Muspel Generals and Fire&Ice means we get actual new characters, demotes and/or a free unit.

Here's a reminder that the word used for "Mythic" in Japanese translates roughly as "among the ranks of the gods". What Thrasir being considered Mythic essentially means is that many of the non-god characters that have power rivaling the gods or power given by the gods can now definitively qualify as a Mythic Hero.

This has basically cleared the way for characters like Anri, the Crusaders of Jugdral, the Eight Legends of Elibe, and the three heroes of Ashera to be potential options for Mythic Heroes in the future. (I skipped Magvel's heroes because they don't have a canon appearance.) (I'll laugh my ass off if we get a Yune-powered Ike as a Mythic Hero, though, but that's now an actual possibility.)

Hmm... yeah, I’m not interested. Lif, on the other hand, I will probably actively try for. I’m glad there is absolutely nothing of interest for me this banner. Think I’ll pull the reds in my first circle and call it a day.

As for Thrasir as a unit, Killing Intent seems out of place. She doesn't have a good way of getting it to activate on her own with her default kit, and it almost looks like she's specifically meant to be paired with Duma (they are both Anima).

I'm also a bit disappointed at the translation of the skill. I'm not a huge fan of all of the unique skills that have recently been released with names that function like quotes, but I do see the charm of the naming of those skills. Killing Intent in Japanese is "死んでほしいの" (shinde hoshii no), "I want you to die", with the tone of a request ("Die for me, 'kay?"). It adds a bit more personality than the more generically named skills do.

I'm probably still pulling green, though, but red is also under consideration. Green gives me Thrasir, merges for a second Yune (why? I don't know), and more copies of Spring Veronica, who is adorable and who I'd like to get more copies of. Red gives me merges for Eliwood, Atk/Spd Solo (which I could use a few of), and Distant Counter (which I probably don't need more of).

That said, I'm probably going to pull less on this banner than how much I usually do on Legendary/Mythic banners since Nagi, Ishtar, and Nephenee are things.

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Here's a reminder that the word used for "Mythic" in Japanese translates roughly as "among the ranks of the gods". What Thrasir being considered Mythic essentially means is that many of the non-god characters that have power rivaling the gods or power given by the gods can now definitively qualify as a Mythic Hero.

That reminded me of something about Lif!Alfonse and Thrasir!Veronica: they're undead or they can't be killed permanently so far in the story. The heroes we summon can't die either, but the difference is that in life or when they were fighting and before we summoned them they were immortal. This would be an extreme, but an immortal as useless as anyone possibly could be would still be quite godly or at least superhuman. The worst that could happen is that a useless immortal could be used as a guinea pig to see what the enemy could do. Anyway, Lif!Alfonse and Thrasir!Veronica aren't useless on the battlefield and they did become stronger in their timeline even if it was through costly means.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

As for Thrasir as a unit, Killing Intent seems out of place. She doesn't have a good way of getting it to activate on her own with her default kit, and it almost looks like she's specifically meant to be paired with Duma (they are both Anima).

Paired with Duma and maybe as a Naga counter? It was by coincidence Ifingr has effective damage against dragons, but with that, Killing Intent, her being an Anima mythic, and Duma's Upheaval, it all seems like she's supposed to work well with Duma and also be able to deal with Naga. Downside is that like Sokkvabekkr, her weapon hurts her allies which in this case, is inflicting Atk/Spd/Def/Res-4 on her nearest ally within 3 spaces. The only unit who'd be fine with that is Idunn who'd negate the debuffs and give herself Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 during combat. Otherwise, she could maybe set up a Restore or Harsh Command thing.

Edited by Kaden

Well that's odd.

Thrasir's here, of all the people to be a mythic, really? So she's her infantry mage self with Ifingr (Dragonbreaker, if she has any allies in 3 tiles she gets +4 to all stats and nullifies QR but then inflicts -4 to all stats on the nearest ally in range), Moonbow, Flashing Blade 4 (I'd take that), Killing Intent (If foe has <100% HP, gives the enemy Spd/Res -5 and unit can double before enemy's attack.) and Panic Smoke (Gives Panic to enemies in range after combat. Neat.) So she's probably insane.

As for the others, we've got LunEirika, Hrid and LeEliwood in Red, which is a good batch of units, Blue has L'Ephraim, Kjelle and DD!Soren (Pass.), Green has Yune and Bunnonica (If it wasn't for the bunny I'd be really on board) and Colourless has Eir, Corrinkos and Deer!Genny (I want Sheep Genny still). So I'd say Green > Red > Colourless >>>>>>>>> Blue.

i intended to finish off spring veronica, and i wanted to eventually get thrasir, so I'm happy

no idea what team I'd put her on though, most units i'd like to pair her with to make her b skill work are also a green mage.

Huh. Didn't expect Thrasir. Well, I'm saving orbs right now and there's no one I really need on this banner. It's too bad Thrasir's a Mythic (not that I didn't think they'd be Mythic heroes; they obviously qualify) since that'll make her harder to get, but I'm more interested in Lif and Hel anyway.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

This has basically cleared the way for characters like Anri, the Crusaders of Jugdral, the Eight Legends of Elibe, and the three heroes of Ashera to be potential options for Mythic Heroes in the future. (I skipped Magvel's heroes because they don't have a canon appearance.) (I'll laugh my ass off if we get a Yune-powered Ike as a Mythic Hero, though, but that's now an actual possibility.)

Well that's actually a more than good explanation for me as to why she is here. Also Eir isn't a God but she has godlike powers (the many lifes she had) as Thrasir and Lif had the ritual they faced Hel with (I wonder what will happen to Lif will he be a mythic a legendary or in te Farfetched banner). Also if Hel is playable will she be a mythic? 

About Thrasir, how can her weapon be properly used? Lif's weapon can set up desperation, vantage, Martyr+ and stuff like that, while the only use of Ignifir I see is Iddun's weapon other than that it isn't too functional, what I would do is have a Dancer or a pure support unit take the debuff but still. Also Killing intent when active is interesting, but how do you activate it aside from having a dancer with her, basically she is a really tricky unit. Well she still is better than Duma as a defense mythic. 

Will pull green for any defense mythic (I have none), colourless for another Eir and Corrin merges, and red for Eirika merges, DC fodder and one copy of Eliwood. Blue better be avoided. 

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

To be fair, AR is one of the game modes with a good amount of things that inflict penalties: You can inflict penalties on stats, panic and gravity effect thanks to structures, and the units themselves have debuffing skills. I see Chill skills a lot in AR as well. Of course that unit moves, get danced, and the penalties are gone, but...

In my opinion, she is a good unit, but the Stats-4 to allies is kinda... meh?

Also, I remember  I said before that Hel may be a Mythic Hero and you said to me that:

"I'm not sure they're willing to retcon a unit that has already appeared on the map as an enemy unit to become a Legendary or Mythic Hero when made playable. It's certainly possible given that enemy story characters actually have their data stored separately from their playable versions (which gives them an excuse to give the enemy versions higher stats than normal), but it would be a weird dissonance to have the existing enemy version be a normal unit when the playable one has a Legendary or Mythic Hero effect."

Well, I believe Mythic Hero Hel will happen, and she will be soooo annoying to deal with.

Good. Very good. Considering how few actually famous Mythic Heroes remain, I think it's smart to fill the gaps with OCs.

And even better, this way they are disqualified from stealing a slot in Farfechted Heroes or stealing a regular banner like what happened with Generals of Muspell.

I very much prefer Thrasir, Lif and Hel to steal 3 Mythic Heroes slots rather than 3 regular heroes slots, since there are a lot more characters I want that are not God-like beings.

For the banner itself, finally something safe to pull from. In the last months I pulled from colors where I only had one of the units and OF COURSE I got that one unit.

This time I have absolutely nobody from Red and Green, so they will be my primary target.

14 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

This time I have absolutely nobody from Red and Green, so they will be my primary target. 

I don't have any of the red heroes as well. For Green, I am merging Yunes, I don't have Thrasir (because if I had her already, I would be a hacker), and I foddered my Spring Veronica to give Reyson the Duel Skill so it will be good to have her back.

I can skip the colorless pool, and the Blue pool is sooooo bad in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

You are an evil man. You were corrupted by the dark side.

Yeah... I changed a little bit lately... Foddering lolis is not a problem for me anymore.

Spoiler

I am a different man since I went with Evilgard in the 3H's Be Evil path...

About Thrasir, I even considering fodder her instead of unit her in my defensive team. Saizo already debuffs her foes in all stats, so he would like be able to inflict panic thanks to Panic Smoke, to be able to get rid of their bonuses as well.