September Mythic Hero Revealed:Thrasir: Omnicidal Witch)

ZeManaphy

So lots of OCs are mythics now. This cuts way down on the slots for gods, so characters like Ashera and Mila could take a while, but at least it means they aren't clogging up New Heroes banners. And they were likely to run out of planned gods soon anyway: the characters @Ice Dragon brought up aren't in CYL, so I don't think they consider those worthwhile options right now. 

Lif and Hel should also be mythics, but I wonder about Gustav. He could join them, or be released with Henrietta somehow, I guess? 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Killing Intent in Japanese is "死んでほしいの" (shinde hoshii no), "I want you to die", with the tone of a request ("Die for me, 'kay?")

So Thrasir is SMT Alice? Her signature skill is "Die For Me!" which in Japanese is apparently more like "Will You Please Die For Me?".

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160908223814

She is an undead little girl, which is why she wants people to die for her. She just wants friends, and friends must be dead.

33 minutes ago, Othin said:

Lif and Hel should also be mythics, but I wonder about Gustav. He could join them, or be released with Henrietta somehow, I guess? 

It's hard to say... I still don't know why Thrasir is a Mythic Hero... Well, she is one of the 2 humans that suvived the Angrboða's Heart curse. But what Gustav did? He is just one of the many kings that Askr had. He was a king and survived to Hel's curse when he was younger... By this logic, Alfonse could be a Mythic Hero as well, since he will be the future king and he survived Hel's Curse.

He may be added in a New Hero Banner, alongside Henrietta (maybe a new 2 Heroes Banner?), or in a different case... as a future Legendary Hero. If Hríd can be a Legendary Hero, why not Gustav? Gustav did more to the story of Book 3 than Hríd did to Book 2.

I could care less about Thrasir herself. I'm more excited about the fact that this means that at the very least she won't get in the way of Jill possibly being on the Farfetched Banner. Plus as a bonus it means I get to hoard more orbs for Jill if she's on Farfetched, so I see this as an absolute win.

14 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It's hard to say... I still don't know why Thrasir is a Mythic Hero... Well, she is one of the 2 humans that suvived the Angrboða's Heart curse. But what Gustav did? He is just one of the many kings that Askr had. He was a king and survived to Hel's curse when he was younger... By this logic, Alfonse could be a Mythic Hero as well, since he will be the future king and he survived Hel's Curse.

He may be added in a New Hero Banner, alongside Henrietta (maybe a new 2 Heroes Banner?), or in a different case... as a future Legendary Hero. If Hríd can be a Legendary Hero, why not Gustav? Gustav did more to the story of Book 3 than Hríd did to Book 2.

I don't think those sorts of details matter much. Being a legendary or mythic hero seems to just mean whatever IS wants it to mean, and both were introduced on fairly random OCs.

Legendary Gustav is possible, but raises the question of how to add Henrietta. Also, would the legendary version be living or dead Gustav? Dead is the one we've actually seen ingame, although it could be saved for a future Fallen Heroes banner, I guess. 

42 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I could care less about Thrasir herself. I'm more excited about the fact that this means that at the very least she won't get in the way of Jill possibly being on the Farfetched Banner. Plus as a bonus it means I get to hoard more orbs for Jill if she's on Farfetched, so I see this as an absolute win.

My sentiments are similar.

Plus, I stopped caring about L/M heroes a while ago. I rarely summon on the banners, because it's exceptionally rare for all three units of any of the colors (much less multiple colors) to be desirable for me (usually, there's some immersion breaking Seasonal on at least one slot). 

I wish they'd start getting all of their OCs out of the way and onto banners (and NOT precious New Heroes banners at that). It would make CYL and Farfetched both a lot more appealing.

Edited by Etheus

I rely so heavily Julius for AR super-tanking in Astra season, so Thrasir being an Anima mythic very much complicates things for me.  She seems way more threatening to my style of play than Duma ever was...

Panic Smoke is also super yuck.  

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I thought you'd support Claude. 

I am Team Claude, but I played the others paths as well. Black Eagles was my 3rd path (GD first and BL was second). BE path was... something else...

Spoiler

While I was playing the Be Evil path, it looks like I was playing Fates Conquest all over again, because I started to ask myself: "Why did I choose this path?", "Why I am working with the bad guys?" and "This doesn't make any sense!"

I wonder if this is meant to be foreshadowing of some sort... If we see a false Thasir and Lif now, does that mean we will see the real ones in book 4 (since it hinted at something involving this world's version of Valhalla)? As for people wanting Thorr, I think it's way too early to put her in here. The only reason Loki showed up as early as she did is because a lot of people voted for her in Far-fetched Heroes. Judging by the banners that happened afterward, I'm guessing the developers intended to put her in much later. Her other appearances and the giant gap between them and her normal one too... Plus, having Thorr in the storyline right now probably wouldn't make much sense, as she shown not to switch allegiances around like Loki or toy with people.

Pulling greens/colorless for 1-2 circles, no more since my leg banner luck is trash.

Green is priority for 1-2 Yunes for Dark season defense, and 1 Thrasir could be useful in my Anima season defense.

More Eir merges aren't bad, and FFCorrin for sudden panic fodder/a crazy colorless dragon would be nice.

16 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Killing Intent in Japanese is "死んでほしいの" (shinde hoshii no), "I want you to die", with the tone of a request ("Die for me, 'kay?"). 

"死んでほしいの" is also one of her special activation quotes. The equivalent line in English is "Won't you just die?", which might be too many characters to be a skill name (?). Don't know which I prefer myself, "Killing Intent" sounds better as a name for a skill, but the Japanese name is very fitting for Veronica's personality.

I was surprised by Thrasir being a Mythic Hero, but thinking about how she's an undead general of Hel's army I guess she fits decently well as one. I think there are some Legendary Heroes that were less fitting than Thrasir is here.

I won't be pulling much here though, even if there are some characters I kind of want. I'm hoping to get as many Tana merges as I can from the upcoming revival banner, so all my orbs will be going there. I have no defensive Mythic Hero yet, but I've never felt the need for one either, especially not after the recent AR changes. If Thrasir had an offensive blessing I would have been more interested.

17 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Also, I remember  I said before that Hel may be a Mythic Hero and you said to me that:

"I'm not sure they're willing to retcon a unit that has already appeared on the map as an enemy unit to become a Legendary or Mythic Hero when made playable. It's certainly possible given that enemy story characters actually have their data stored separately from their playable versions (which gives them an excuse to give the enemy versions higher stats than normal), but it would be a weird dissonance to have the existing enemy version be a normal unit when the playable one has a Legendary or Mythic Hero effect."

Well, I believe Mythic Hero Hel will happen, and she will be soooo annoying to deal with.

Yeah, now that Thrasir is a Mythic Hero, it pretty much guarantees Lif and Hel to be Mythic Heroes in the future. I'm a little bit disappointed because that means it'll slow down the release of other potential Mythic Heroes.

16 hours ago, Etheus said:

Good. Now she can go away from the next CYL poll. Hope they do the same with Lif.

She hasn't won yet, so people will still be able to vote for her. And her design is appealing enough (non-loli pantsless Veronica) that I can still see her easily in the top 20 for females, if not still top 10.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah, now that Thrasir is a Mythic Hero, it pretty much guarantees Lif and Hel to be Mythic Heroes in the future. I'm a little bit disappointed because that means it'll slow down the release of other potential Mythic Heroes.

She hasn't won yet, so people will still be able to vote for her. And her design is appealing enough (non-loli pantsless Veronica) that I can still see her easily in the top 20 for females, if not still top 10.

Lif perhaps but I don't think Hel is guaranteed to be a Mythic. Not every Book 2 OC ended up as a legendary (only Fjorm, Gunnthra, and Hrid while all the others including Surtr were relegated to regular status).

50 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Lif perhaps but I don't think Hel is guaranteed to be a Mythic. Not every Book 2 OC ended up as a legendary (only Fjorm, Gunnthra, and Hrid while all the others including Surtr were relegated to regular status).

Those situations are not comparable at all because that's not the reasoning behind my statement. You're assuming my argument is "because one of the original characters is a Mythic Hero, the others must also be Mythic Heroes" when that isn't my argument.

Thrasir being a Mythic Hero more or less guarantees her partner in crime, Lif, will also be a Mythic Hero. I honestly wouldn't even be surprised if Lif were also an Anima Mythic Hero, though that would be extremely weird in terms of scheduling since we still only have one Light and Astra Hero each.

Hel is the most god-like among all of the Book 3 original characters being the only literal god among them. If her non-god subordinates are Mythic Heroes, but she is not, something is clearly wrong.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Those situations are not comparable at all because that's not the reasoning behind my statement. You're assuming my argument is "because one of the original characters is a Mythic Hero, the others must also be Mythic Heroes" when that isn't my argument.

Thrasir being a Mythic Hero more or less guarantees her partner in crime, Lif, will also be a Mythic Hero. I honestly wouldn't even be surprised if Lif were also an Anima Mythic Hero, though that would be extremely weird in terms of scheduling since we still only have one Light and Astra Hero each.

Hel is the most god-like among all of the Book 3 original characters being the only literal god among them. If her non-god subordinates are Mythic Heroes, but she is not, something is clearly wrong.

I'm guessing Lif is Astra, to be a sort of counterpart to Thrasir. Dark Hel could be a similar counterpart to Eir, giving a set of four mythic OCs, one per element.

A relevant distinction is that in Book 2, they seemed to have a policy of not retconning heroes who'd already appeared in the story without elemental bonuses into elemental heroes, while Thrasir shows that Book 3 no longer has that rule. That was why Surtr and his team weren't legendary, but it's not an issue for Lif and Hel.

8 hours ago, Othin said:

That was why Surtr and his team weren't legendary, but it's not an issue for Lif and Hel.

Also because it would've taken 4 whole months to get though Surtr and the generals, 5 if Ylgr were also to be one, which is a very, very long time to spend both getting these characters into the game and a very, very long time not getting main-series characters into the game on top of the 1 month already having to put Hrid in (giving Fjorm and Gunnthra a pass because they introduced the banner type). It would be very hard to justify 6 straight months of original characters on Legendary banners.

This time around, we only have 3 characters to get through (giving Eir a pass for introducing the banner type) and they're almost guaranteed to be spaced out with main-series characters in between them.

1 hour ago, Vince777 said:

Three characters is still a lot considering they alternate between legendary and mythic and release a mythic only every two months.

I'm not even sure if that leaves much room to space them out. 

Book 3 is currently at Chapter 11 right now, which means if Lif and Hel are the immediate next two Mythic Heroes, we're looking at Hel being released immediately following Chapter 15.

Based on the current pacing of the story, that gives us 2 chapters to double tap Lif before his banner and another 2 chapters to finish off Hel before her banner, though I'd wager 1 chapter before we actually double tap Lif and 3 chapters to then finish off Hel. Which seems reasonable. This would mean we'd get a Legendary Hero for October, Lif for November, another Legendary Hero for December, and Hel for January, which is still a decent number of main-series characters in the Legendary/Mythic rotation.

If they need a plot twist (hello, Rite of Flames), it wouldn't surprise me if they extend it by 2 chapters, leaving a brand new Mythic Hero for January, a new Legendary Hero for February, and Hel for March.

Either way, this schedule is nowhere near as oppressive as it would have been if we had gotten Hrid, Ylgr, Laevatein, Laegjarn, Helbindi, and Surtr in 6 consecutive months as Legendary Heroes. There is no way in hell all or even most of them would have been made into Legendary Heroes due to the sheer number of them, which is a significant difference from the current situation where we only need to make space for Lif and Hel in upcoming Mythic Hero banners, which is entirely reasonable.

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Book 3 is currently at Chapter 11 right now, which means if Lif and Hel are the immediate next two Mythic Heroes, we're looking at Hel being released immediately following Chapter 15.

Based on the current pacing of the story, that gives us 2 chapters to double tap Lif before his banner and another 2 chapters to finish off Hel before her banner, though I'd wager 1 chapter before we actually double tap Lif and 3 chapters to then finish off Hel. Which seems reasonable. This would mean we'd get a Legendary Hero for October, Lif for November, another Legendary Hero for December, and Hel for January, which is still a decent number of main-series characters in the Legendary/Mythic rotation.

Yeah but that's just the thing. I am much more interested in Mythic banners, because they introduce actual new characters, versus the legendary banners that generally only introduce alternates. 

So it might just be a long while before space frees up for Mythics from the old games. 

On 9/26/2019 at 11:36 PM, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Huh you ended up getting Winter Eirika?

Red looks really really good yeah. Kinda wish the time will come when Roy, Eliwood, and Distant Counter is on the same banner for that maximum value lol

Yup, at -Atk but that'll be fixed when the rerun comes. I don't use her a lot because of the bane but she's a pretty good support for Hilda.

A banner with those three sounds really nice, a nuke/BD fodder, super support/DB4 fodder and GF cav/DC fodder is a lot of value. If it were paired with a blue lineup of L!Julia/L!Lucina/Naga it'd be a bonkers banner.