Potential Feh Channel?

SuperNova125

Mmmmmmm....MMMMMMMMM!!!

That Hector + Lilina duo. So adorable! *_* "Duo Heroes", eh? Now they HAVE to do young Zephiel + Guinivere. I need to see it happen! The limitation of the duel skill also sort of brings Gambits to mind...

I'm missing out on too much good stuff 😢

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I don't know why people are in such a fuss about the Duo unit. It's not like that splash effect will be usable by the AI on defense teams and scoring only really matters to the top of the top players so the arena effect is void. If anything this is a huge boon to players for Arena and the like. A +10 Duo hero with drives/spurs/chills becomes the ultimate cheerleader and trivializes the mode. Plus the splash effect makes units like Kronya virtually untouchable, that's fantastic. People need to stop being so cynical. BST of course is another issue.

So... I just gotta drop my +10 Spooky Myrrh, who's the reason I have Arena Crowns in the first place, and spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars to +10 this guy I don't care much for if I want to be able to keep up with the ever-growing and ever-toxic Arena bullshit prevalent in Great Summoner?

I barely care about that anyway. I'm probably not even summoning on that banner anyway, I still need to get Henry and Jakob from the first Halloween banner to complete my FEH Year 1 roster.

29 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

It also strikes me as... suspicious that of the five units shown, they show off Hector/Lilina in full down to their stats and that they come with something called Odd Follow-Up, meanwhile what we know of the other 4 are their unit types (L'arachel and... archer boy... are horsies, seems safe to assume Dozla and Ilyana are armor), you can see the weapons of all but archer boy if you squint while Feh rambles about how cool and strong Hector is, and what we know is that archer boy is a bow unit... and that's it. Maybe they'll give us a free Colored Bow?
Point is, should I really be able to see the full of Hector and Lilina for nearly 2 minutes of a 15 minute presentation of what to look forward to?

Edited by Xenomata

12 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Plus the splash effect makes units like Kronya virtually untouchable, that's fantastic. People need to stop being so cynical.

And that's supposed to be a good thing? 

I was hoping that the Feh Channel would tell us what the new weapon refines are, and give a look at a future NEW Heroes banner, not a SPECIAL Heroes one. Ah well.

• Being able to grow Dragon Flowers is nice but my gosh, I'm so sick of Aether Raids and Aether Resort. Just...stop making me go there. Please.
  • It's super cool that Dozla, Ilyana and Rolf are in the game now, but I really wish they'd have appeared on a regular NEW Heroes banner. Adding in new characters in these temporary Special Heroes banners is really trickling the addition of new heroes, and that really sucks.
  • I'm...not sure about Duo Heroes. Hector and Lilina are the perfect pair to introduce the mechanic, even better that they're Elibe characters, but I'm not sure how this is actually gonna turn out. Hopefully it'll be okay.
  • Hey new maps with orbs that's cool.
  • Forma Heroes...meh. This looks like a lot of work for heroes you don't even get to keep. But, I guess I can't complain about free orbs, feathers and flowers?
  • At least all this stuff combined is giving a decent amount of orbs. Yay.

11 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I don't know why people are in such a fuss about the Duo unit. It's not like that splash effect will be usable by the AI on defense teams and scoring only really matters to the top of the top players so the arena effect is void. If anything this is a huge boon to players for Arena and the like. A +10 Duo hero with drives/spurs/chills becomes the ultimate cheerleader and trivializes the mode. Plus the splash effect makes units like Kronya virtually untouchable, that's fantastic. People need to stop being so cynical. BST of course is another issue.

BST inflation is a core part of these Duo heroes so you can't really separate them. We've had the bar raised yet again and scoring well as a non-whale becomes even harder to compete. The duel skills that have been helping people use their other +10s who didn't just pay for max BST armors all the time are a full 15 BST behind now. You make it sound like grabbing a +10 duo hero to use for arena is a simple matter, especially if you have no interest in them besides their scoring. The duo special ability is the least of the issues, though it'll make certain AR offense teams be a lot easier to win with now which also means better prepare your defenses for it if you want to keep scoring well on that front. Who knows how powerful the next duo heroes' effects could be either.

HalloweenIlyana is almost as tempting as HalloweenLysithea would have been. She looks gorgeous and would have been a great addition to HalloweenMia. But then again I wished she and Rolf would have been default units since I always prefer the default outfit and they would be permanently summonable. At least latter is free, still Rolf in a Halloween costume sounds like a really dumb choice imo. 

So an nice overall Channel. 

The Aether resort things are nice and growing dragon flowers will be awesome for my projects. 

The celebrations give a lot of orbs so I am glad. 

The Halloween banner is nice I guess, I don't care particularly about any of he characters thought (Iliana could be nice if she has a pfr weapon). I don't really dig the whole concept of duo heroes, that effect is nice with the damage but but that BST effect makes most of my invested units (with merges tier4 skills) that took me a lot of time to make, useless. 

That new mode looks pretty interesting and I am looking forward to playing it. 

Duo units seem especially cash grabby.  Counts as 185BST unit, even though the highest units thusfar are 180BST (and count as such), and gets some special duo skill like 20 damage to entire enemy team once per match.  Open up your bank accounts.  The Hector/Lilina art is top notch and adorable as heck but anyways glad I never took arena too seriously or +10ed one of those now low BST low rarity armors.  

Im only kind of worried about Dual units in AR. If the AI doesnt trigger the special ability they should be ... manageable at least. The new farming structures are nice and the new game mode actually looks really sick. It reminds of those rogue-like progression rpg games. Nothing strong to say about the new units; they all look great but im hoarding orbs right now and am therefore unable to summon for any of them.

Mixed bag. I hate busywork and so the Aether Resorts stuff is simply adding more daily tedium to the game.

New units are fine - they look good and a there's a decent variety of characters. L'Arachel's getup looks great here, as someone who was disappointed by the original form (which looked too soft to me). As usual I won't be going for the armours but I can make an exception for the Duo hero. I don't care about the scoring implications as they're irrelevant to a T19.5 player so it's just for adding the gambit utility to my armour team. The benefit of having never truly invested into my armour team and them being just a mix of unmerged and +1 units is that I can freely replace them at the drop of the hat.

Hall of Forms might just be something that rotates with the other semi-regular modes like Grand Conquests and Rokkr Sieges? That's fine for me since unlike those two, you don't need to invest anything for Forms.

5x XP/SP event? Cool, I haven't actually levelled any of my new units from last month.

P.S. Roy pushing around Eliwood in a wheelchair when?

38 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Duo units seem especially cash grabby.  Counts as 185BST unit, even though the highest units thusfar are 180BST (and count as such), and gets some special duo skill like 20 damage to entire enemy team once per match.  Open up your bank accounts.  The Hector/Lilina art is top notch and adorable as heck but anyways glad I never took arena too seriously or +10ed one of those now low BST low rarity armors.  

I'm glad that I never approached FEH with a competitive mindset. All I ever cared about was just putting together units I like.

Guess that's why all the complaints about powercreeping and Arena and Aether Raids problems never really affected me.

3 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm glad that I never approached FEH with a competitive mindset. All I ever cared about was just putting together units I like.

Guess that's why all the complaints about powercreeping and Arena and Aether Raids problems never really affected me.

With the % of people that whale vs the general populace, this is going to have practically no effect. 

The whales have +10 premium armors. Now they have +10 premium duo units. Ok. That changes nothing, the people that were at the top stay at the top. 

Maybe the scoring bin moves up slightly to stay T21, maybe instead of 752+12(bonus kill) you need 754. 

But I doubt it’ll change at all.

I like it less that they are a walking bolt tower.

For petty reasons, I quietly like that the highest BST unit is no longer a young person. Yeah, it's an old person AND a young person together, but it's good for us oldies to get something for once. 😛

Now watch as they add a dragon loli duo unit with 190 effective BST.

BST doesn't actually matter to me as in the typical arena week I score about 3700 points, which is 30 points short of maintaining T20 but is like 80 points more than I need to stay T19.5. The units I use alongside the bonus unit are +10 merged and therefore would outscore any newer 5* exclusive that I would only ever be able to get to +1 as most. I am therefore completely secure in my position but unable to realistically climb without huge investment to optimise for arena scoring, which I refuse to do.

Edited by Humanoid

33 minutes ago, Thane said:

"You were expecting scantily clad witch Ophelia but it was ME, wholesome witch Hector!"

Isn't she already pretty much in cosplay already?

23 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

With the % of people that whale vs the general populace, this is going to have practically no effect. 

The whales have +10 premium armors. Now they have +10 premium duo units. Ok. That changes nothing, the people that were at the top stay at the top. 

Maybe the scoring bin moves up slightly to stay T21, maybe instead of 752+12(bonus kill) you need 754. 

But I doubt it’ll change at all.

I like it less that they are a walking bolt tower.

As somebody who's been 20/21 for the past year I can say the last round of BST inflation (the 180 dragon armors and Surtr) definitely made it quite a bit harder to maintain 21 for consecutive weeks and this probably will too once we have more than 1 of them. It doesn't take much of an increase to make things noticeably harder for non-whales to score competitively. The duel skills that were helping f2p/low spending people without 180 BST armors to may not be enough for much longer at this rate.

People wanting Xander and Feh Duo? I want Xander and Veronica!

Anyway, kinda meh FEH. New mode looks interesting, new AR features also look interesting. Banner is skipable, with all tickets going into the Red color. And I cannot wait for my 3* Roy and Eliwood... Meh...

Edited by Diovani Bressan

*so much internal screaming* I- Everything- AAAAAAAAAAAA-

Edit: SO glad Rolf's free! =D

Edit again: I love everything! GREAT Halloween character choices, FANTASTIC art/designs! Not to mention that x2 AND X5 SP/EXP coming up! Plus, the gardening and the dining hall! ❤️ Plus, MORE DRAGONFLOWERS! 🤩

And dual characters? WITH SPECIAL CONVOES?! This is just so great, I can hardly type straight! I wonder who else will be introduced in special pairs! I agree that Brave Micaiah (with Spirit Yune) is kind of like a not-quite dual unit - same with Fallen Berkut (with Witch Rinea.) I don't think they'll turn them into dual heroes, though (which is too bad, imo.) Can you imagine the possibilities, though?! So many buddies or siblings or parents and children or romantic couples could totally become duo heroes! This could be a creative way, for example, to pseudo-bring in the sibling critical in FE4! You could even have some interesting ones, like Validar and possessed Robin.

The tower seemed neat, but it was actually the least exciting thing for me in this. The thing I can't get over the most are the new units! I love them so much! Also, just realizing that if Illyana was actually a vampiress, that would be really scary, given her apatite... o_o

Edited by Mercakete

I wonder if they'd go a step further and do Legendary/Mythic Duo heroes, especially with that Xander thing. Anything to save us from yet another sword cavalry legendary.

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

And that's supposed to be a good thing? 

The most cancerous things about the PvP experience in FEH is the active experience dealing with defense teams in AR and the inferior cheerleader system of Arena. Defense team strength is an entirely passive system that one can almost forget exists in most cases. All that splash effect does is make maps easier for people who were having trouble with them and potentially make AR/Arena an easier, more enjoyable experience. Again, people need to stop being so cynical. It's not as if it's braindead. Activating it of course leaves you susceptible to Wrath/Desperation/Brazens/Vantage/etc.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

So... I just gotta drop my +10 Spooky Myrrh, who's the reason I have Arena Crowns in the first place, and spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars to +10 this guy I don't care much for if I want to be able to keep up with the ever-growing and ever-toxic Arena bullshit prevalent in Great Summoner?

Well, no. But that's the thing. That only matters to the top of the top players that shell out money to stay at the top of the modes. And those players are going to continue to shell out money for one reason or another, be it to stay at the top, for their favorite unit or any other reason. For those players this is par for the course and they'll continue to spend money because they were already doing that, for everyone else, it's negligible at worst and a boon at best.

I'm not saying I'm for it necessarily. The system is designed to get you to keep paying. But I am saying that there's always going to be something to raise the bar as the game progresses. This just happens to be it, and for that matter, no one expected it to raise by such a jarring amount so quickly.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I barely care about that anyway. I'm probably not even summoning on that banner anyway, I still need to get Henry and Jakob from the first Halloween banner to complete my FEH Year 1 roster.

I personally just like Hector. I'd summon for that reason alone and probably will.

2 hours ago, Alkaid said:

BST inflation is a core part of these Duo heroes so you can't really separate them. We've had the bar raised yet again and scoring well as a non-whale becomes even harder to compete. The duel skills that have been helping people use their other +10s who didn't just pay for max BST armors all the time are a full 15 BST behind now. You make it sound like grabbing a +10 duo hero to use for arena is a simple matter, especially if you have no interest in them besides their scoring. The duo special ability is the least of the issues, though it'll make certain AR offense teams be a lot easier to win with now which also means better prepare your defenses for it if you want to keep scoring well on that front. Who knows how powerful the next duo heroes' effects could be either.

The unit itself actually having 185 BST... is a problem. I addressed everything else but I'll admit I didn't pay attention during the video to Hector's stats themselves. If he truly has 185 BST then that's actually horrible. I have no argument against this. It shouldn't exist.

Edited by Zeo

5 minutes ago, Zeo said:

The unit itself actually having 185 BST... is a problem. I addressed everything else but I'll admit I didn't pay attention during the video to Hector's stats themselves. If he truly has 185 BST then that's actually horrible. I have no argument against this. It shouldn't exist.

He doesn't, it's either 179 or 180 actual BST.

EDIT: Stats from the video, if we assume he has +3 Atk from his Prf (he surely does otherwise he'd have an absurd 44 base Atk at neutral), then it all comes to 180 there.

Edited by Humanoid

I don't think the 185 total stats for scoring purposes being higher than anything currently existing will change anything about the top scores in Arena modes.

I've been running mobility Assist skills on my Arena teams (granted, everything else is maxed out or very close to it) and still score pretty solidly in the top bracket. I may have to snipe higher scores now and then if I get unlucky with bonus units, but I haven't really run into any situations where I've felt like I needed to bump up my ability to score at all.

Honestly, 170, 175, 180, and 185 are close enough in scoring that it doesn't really creep the top so much as just give you more options to put on your teams.

As for the Halloween units themselves, I can't help but feel that most of the designs this year are just too busy. Larchel's and Hector's are fine, but the others just seem a bit over the top (so much candy everywhere). I like Ilyana and all, but I'll probably pass on getting merges for her unless she turns out to be sufficiently compelling as a unit and just wait for a non-seasonal version of her.

I'll be focusing on Larchel first with maybe a few merges for Hector depending on my budget (after I finish pulling for Ishtar, Nephenee, Nagi, Veronica, and Thrasir). Larchel looks great and I don't care if she sucks as a unit (though I might adjust the split between her and Hector if she does end up being mediocre).

22 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

He doesn't, it's either 179 or 180 actual BST.

178 is also a possibility. Because rounding.

If he gets trainee boosts (Lilina is present, after all), then 185 is an actual possibility.