Potential Feh Channel?

SuperNova125

Lot of good stuff here.

• My first reaction to a new event type was groaning, but this one looks like a lot of fun. Getting to try out and train the rental units is a really neat idea, sort of like a self-contained mini-FE story. I also like how there's no time factor to the stamina.
  • Halloween characters look solid. Good outfits, all good character choices. Both Hector and Lilina have gotten seasonal alts before, but FE6 Hector is new, so I don't feel like it counts.
  • Duo Heroes are neat. I'll probably pick one up at some point, hopefully they're like Pair Up legends in that you can just forget they exist most of the time and be fine. I'll probably pull red during my free sessions, with the possibility of coming back later if I have any free orbs.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Both Hector and Lilina have gotten seasonal alts before, but FE6 Hector is new, so I don't feel like it counts.

Technically this is still FE7 Hector (he's introduced as from Blazing Blade still), but it's Epilogue Hector since it's the half-assed beard, not the magnificent beard of FE6 Hector.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20111123180359

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Is nobody going to talk about how irresponsible Hector is to potentially be bringing his little daughter onto a battlefield?  I doubt she's older than 6 here.

I don't know about you guys, but to me this manages to feel even more reprehensible than Bride!Sanaki.

Not sure if this is joke.

I personally do not care about portrayals of child marriages (or child endangerment in this case), fan service, and anything others consider morally wrong.

I am an adult and I can tell the difference between fantasy and reality, and these portrayals do not even depict real people. For people who are sensitive about every minor thing, then do not play Fire Emblem, do not watch Goblin Slayer, do not read Game of Thrones, and do not consume any media that offends you. Leave people alone who can appreciate the context and nuances.

10 minutes ago, Azuni said:

Technically this is still FE7 Hector (he's introduced as from Blazing Blade still), but it's Epilogue Hector since it's the half-assed beard, not the magnificent beard of FE6 Hector.

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20111123180359

Ahh, I'd thought it said Binding Blade. That makes more sense, considering Lilina's age.

Well, it's still the first appearance of bearded adult Hector, that's significant.

They had to ruin the start of a genuinely fun-sounding new mode (except for the stamina, limited-time part - seems like it would be a fun mode to play whenever one wants, with less/no rewards obviously) with the introduction of new garbage unit type that makes duel skills look even more pathetic, stinks of cash-grabbing, and are even more broken in use, just to continue the trend since the very first winter banner, where balance became more and more of an afterthought to keep things sparkly and exciting to keep people pulling for more.

The "it won't affect us/only the whales" argument is dubious at best, as the thresholds shift and the nuisance of all the competitive modes become more and more of an obstacle to play them and have fun with the game, its primary function for the consumer. And if those skills are useable in AR, where you don't need +10 merges to compete, well then....  . Nah, those Duo-units are, to me, as garbage as Mythic heroes forcing me to bless units for one mode, making it a liability for the Colosseum (in my case forcing me to bless and summoner support a unit to Light when I had planned to put it on an Earth team with an Earth legendary and without summoner support; a plan I had to throw out the window, just to keep my sanity in AR.).

As for the rest, nothing bad, just bland. Crops and Dining Hall seems like bread crumbs (The amount of harvested Dragonflowers seems really underwhelming, we'll see if they are even noteworthy). Harvest Festival seems pretty standard, I'll take the free stuff, but nothing exciting to discuss (those daily maps are as boring as just picking up Feh's mail; one just has to pay 15 stamina more every day). Halloween characters are good additions - perfect fits in design/theme for Ilyana, Dozla and L'Arachel, btw, I'm not incapable of praise for nice things. Though aesthetics have never been much of an issue with FEH, except maybe borders of Tier 4 skills, some artwork being wonky, UI decisions, etc., but nothing dealbreaking. And.... that's it.

I hope I'll enjoy the Tower of Forms as much as I'm imagining it. #DeathToStamina

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

Not sure if this is joke.

I personally do not care about portrayals of child marriages (or child endangerment in this case), fan service, and anything others consider morally wrong.

I am an adult and I can tell the difference between fantasy and reality, and these portrayals do not even depict real people. For people who are sensitive about every minor thing, then do not play Fire Emblem, do not watch Goblin Slayer, do not read Game of Thrones, and do not consume any media that offends you. Leave people alone who can appreciate the context and nuances.

It's not even that I'm super-sensitive enough to avoid everything along those lines.  Technically speaking Fire Emblem does child endangerment a lot.  I don't like it, but I normally don't get too up in arms about it.

But something about this goes a step too far.  At least the playable kid characters in Fire Emblem usually have some combat training.  Lilina here is just completely unnecessary and I'm surprised more people don't find it questionable.

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

But something about this goes a step too far.  At least the playable kid characters in Fire Emblem usually have some combat training.  Lilina here is just completely unnecessary and I'm surprised more people don't find it questionable.

The questionable part becomes entirely irrelevant when one thinks about the reason why it happened. Seeing Hector and Lilina together is pure fanservice that will be appreciated by many. It's a ficticious world that doesn't try to be ultra-realistic and remains, for the most part, super light-hearted, so there aren't many obstacles to make the fanservice come true. This is even more the case with this game, as it is a spin-off, not bound to be as canonical/serious with every step. I would even bet some fans would argue there is no safer place for Lilina than with her overly protective Daddy, that's the level of severity we are dealing with here. Just enjoy the rare moments between characters not often depicted in the main games (main reason they added special dialogue between the two. Some fans crave for more.), if that is something you care for, of course. Same applied to Halloween Nowi, who was just wearing her regular outfit in a witchy alternation, while Bride Sanaki looked cute like a flower girl without any of the weird implications people made about her.

Simply put, it's not that big of a deal and will not make people think it's ok to bring children onto the battlefield in real life.

18 hours ago, Xenomata said:

and what we know is that archer boy is a bow unit... and that's it. Maybe they'll give us a free Colored Bow?

Rolf's a colorless cav archer. You can see it on the "vs Halloween units" daily maps. So, I guess he'll be compared to Brave Lyn and Claude? (I can't really think of any other colorless bow cavs in Heroes at the moment, though there are probably others.) I wonder how similar or different he'll be gameplay-wise.

Just now, Mercakete said:

Rolf's a colorless cav archer. You can see it on the "vs Halloween units" daily maps. So, I guess he'll be compared to Brave Lyn and Claude? (I can't really think of any other colorless bow cavs in Heroes at the moment, though there are probably others.) I wonder how similar or different he'll be gameplay-wise.

His only real competition is Bride Louise - a colorless bow cavalier available via Heroic Grails.

3 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Is nobody going to talk about how irresponsible Hector is to potentially be bringing his little daughter onto a battlefield?  I doubt she's older than 6 here.

I don't know about you guys, but to me this manages to feel even more reprehensible than Bride!Sanaki.

To say nothing about the whole powercreep aspect.

It's less bad than Ethlyn bringing her 3-year-old daughter (or however old she was) knowingly into a war zone. At least here, Hector's just taking his kid trick-or-treating.

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

His only real competition is Bride Louise - a colorless bow cavalier available via Heroic Grails.

Ah, right. I thought about her, but I couldn't remember if she was an infantry or a cav unit. Thanks! 🙂

Just now, Mercakete said:

It's less bad than Ethlyn bringing her 3-year-old daughter (or however old she was) knowingly into a war zone. At least here, Hector's just taking his kid trick-or-treating.

Are you referring to Altena?

I'll admit, I disliked FE4 too much to play that far in, so I completely forgot about it.  Dangit.

4 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

It's not even that I'm super-sensitive enough to avoid everything along those lines.  Technically speaking Fire Emblem does child endangerment a lot.  I don't like it, but I normally don't get too up in arms about it.

If I encounter something that offends me, I evaluate whether the other person really intends to offend people. If they did not intend to offend people, I suck it up and move on if it is minor, or tell them to be more careful if it is something major.

I am just sick and tired of all the moral outrages and sensitivity over things that are minor. There are better things to be vocal about, and being vocal about minor things is unproductive and it can sometimes be inappropriate and divisive.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Lot of good stuff here.

• My first reaction to a new event type was groaning, but this one looks like a lot of fun. Getting to try out and train the rental units is a really neat idea, sort of like a self-contained mini-FE story. I also like how there's no time factor to the stamina.
  • Halloween characters look solid. Good outfits, all good character choices. Both Hector and Lilina have gotten seasonal alts before, but FE6 Hector is new, so I don't feel like it counts.
  • Duo Heroes are neat. I'll probably pick one up at some point, hopefully they're like Pair Up legends in that you can just forget they exist most of the time and be fine. I'll probably pull red during my free sessions, with the possibility of coming back later if I have any free orbs.

Hey, positivity. I like it. :)

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Are you referring to Altena?

I'll admit, I disliked FE4 too much to play that far in, so I completely forgot about it.  Dangit.

Yep. I mean, seriously... "We're going to reinforce my brother's troops after crossing a desert on horseback. I will bring my toddler with me because she'll get lonely if I'm not around and I will hide her from everyone until we're almost there and it's too late to turn back, except it wasn't actually too late to turn back since we could've sent at least one guy back to make sure my daughter is safe without drastically hampering the reinforcements. I am best parent." Quan really should've put his foot down, if you ask me...

Edit:

Quan: Go put that thing back where it came from or so help me

Edited by Mercakete

23 minutes ago, Othin said:

Will Duo units even be practical in Aether Raids? They probably can't have blessings.

We honestly don't know at this point. Granted, the Duo skill is in the same place where blessings usually are so perhaps they won't have access to those.

34 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

We honestly don't know at this point. Granted, the Duo skill is in the same place where blessings usually are so perhaps they won't have access to those.

Legendary and Mythic Heroes have both the icon for their element, and the icon representing their ability on their portrait.  The Blessing icon could just appear attached to the upper right of the Duo icon, or the Duo icon could move to that spot when they get blessed.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Will Duo units even be practical in Aether Raids? They probably can't have blessings.

It's still possible the symbol just shrinks down to make room the same as the blessing one does when you double S support a blessed unit. Duos would lose a lot of draw gameplay-wise if they can't be blessed since nobody would take them into AR and whales don't need them for the BST scoring bump if they won't score better than a blessed 180 BST armor anyway. It'd be odd for IS to shoot themselves in the foot like that.

Pair Up got a new mode around it and they very explicitly stated which modes its functionality was limited to when pair up legendaries got their Feh channel debut. They didn't give any caveats for the usage of duos, so seems like a good chance they're fully functional in all modes. I would think they'd mention they can't be blessed either since that'd be a big deal.

Edited by Alkaid

3 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

To say nothing about the whole powercreep aspect.

The Harvest festival is supposed to be a big party and all the fighting is playful fighting for a prize instead of all out war. Baby Lilina will be fine. 

Hector bringing Lil'Lilina is fine -provided he doesn't spike her against enemy skulls to kill them.

Hmm...

Nailiah-Rafiel, Ike-Leanne, Ulki-Rhys, Melady-Guinevere, Adult Eliwood-Lil'Roy, Finn-Leif, Seliph-Lewyn, Ogma-Jubelo/Yumina. Many options to consider for duos, too many to name them all.

Pretty good Feh Channel overall. I like the look of the Halloween units, and I'm happy to get Rolf for free. I really like his Oscar and Boyd pumpkins.

I want to uphold my complete Sacred Stones collection, so L'Arachel and Dozla will be my main priority. I love how they look, and they make a perfect duo as scientist and monster. Really exited to get them, I'm hoping they both have good skills and none of them end up looking like a "demote unit" on a seasonal banner (like Spring Marisa or Summer Gunnthrá).

Not sure how to feel about duo heroes. Hector and Lilina look really nice, but I wouldn't necessarily have minded if they were just two in one units without the special mechanics to go with it. I don't think this game really needed another gimmick special unit type, and I'm also a bit worried future pairs will feel forced or unnecessary. However, just like with the powercrept dancers on the last seasonal banner, I am exited for what it could mean for Tokyo Mirage Sessions units in the future.

The new mode looks like it could be fun. I've spent a lot of time in the Battle Factory in the Pokémon games, and while this is different (more about building units than selecting pre made ones), it looks like it could give some of the same kind of fun as that.

The new AR features look neat, I'm glad I have a lot of R&R Affinity saved up. I still think the accumulation of affinity is a bit too slow, even if you spend orbs, so I wish they would have made some changes to that... but I won't complain about more reward sources.

Really sad that new Hector is a red sword armor, the artwork is great, but I already have a lot of resources put into Valentines Ike, while my other armors desperately lacking

The new mode interests me, my only worry is that it might be too easy to put all eggs in one basket, and only lvl 25 unit for example outperforms 4 level 15s

51 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

Pretty good Feh Channel overall. I like the look of the Halloween units, and I'm happy to get Rolf for free. I really like his Oscar and Boyd pumpkins.

I want to uphold my complete Sacred Stones collection, so L'Arachel and Dozla will be my main priority. I love how they look, and they make a perfect duo as scientist and monster. Really exited to get them, I'm hoping they both have good skills and none of them end up looking like a "demote unit" on a seasonal banner (like Spring Marisa or Summer Gunnthrá).

Not sure how to feel about duo heroes. Hector and Lilina look really nice, but I wouldn't necessarily have minded if they were just two in one units without the special mechanics to go with it. I don't think this game really needed another gimmick special unit type, and I'm also a bit worried future pairs will feel forced or unnecessary. However, just like with the powercrept dancers on the last seasonal banner, I am exited for what it could mean for Tokyo Mirage Sessions units in the future.

The new mode looks like it could be fun. I've spent a lot of time in the Battle Factory in the Pokémon games, and while this is different (more about building units than selecting pre made ones), it looks like it could give some of the same kind of fun as that.

The new AR features look neat, I'm glad I have a lot of R&R Affinity saved up. I still think the accumulation of affinity is a bit too slow, even if you spend orbs, so I wish they would have made some changes to that... but I won't complain about more reward sources.

I can agree that the Duo Heroes didn't really need to be built like that. Heck, if they didn't have that higher BST for Arena, there probably wouldn't be many complaints. I mean, I'm glad it doesn't affect me too much as I don't play competitively but it would have been nice all the same.

Also agree on R&R Affinity. I think it needs to be increased. At least 20 for each day instead of 10. Perhaps 100 for special days or something. All these new features justify giving out more Affinity.