Potential Feh Channel?

SuperNova125

4 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

It's not even that I'm super-sensitive enough to avoid everything along those lines.  Technically speaking Fire Emblem does child endangerment a lot.  I don't like it, but I normally don't get too up in arms about it.

But something about this goes a step too far.  At least the playable kid characters in Fire Emblem usually have some combat training.  Lilina here is just completely unnecessary and I'm surprised more people don't find it questionable.

To be fair, while the Harvest Festival IS a festival centering around combat, it's mostly depicted as sparring and collecting candy. You know, that thing kids love? Smolina being here with Hector is a lovely and truly festive touch and gives the impression they're ACTUALLY  going trick-or-treating. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, XRay said:

If I encounter something that offends me, I evaluate whether the other person really intends to offend people. If they did not intend to offend people, I suck it up and move on if it is minor, or tell them to be more careful if it is something major.

I am just sick and tired of all the moral outrages and sensitivity over things that are minor. There are better things to be vocal about, and being vocal about minor things is unproductive and it can sometimes be inappropriate and divisive.

Luckily for you my opinion on Halloween!Hector+Lilina seems to be very unpopular here.  So you won't have to worry about me getting another one of those outrages rolling.

IS probably didn't mean to offend anyone with it, in fact I'm sure they intended quite the opposite.  But they clearly didn't think about the negative implications it might have on Hector's character and I suppose that's what ticked me off more than anything else.  Hector is one of my favorite Lord characters and I guess I assumed even he would be smart enough to keep his daughter out of harm's way if possible.  But then again nobody ever dies in Heroes unless the plot demands it, so what does it matter?  *shrug*

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be sitting in the corner here and smoldering with humiliation.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Ya know, a bit random, but one thing these "introduce new character as seasonal" trends has done is give me hope for a Christmas Brom. That's one I'd be totally down for.

You made me think "Oh man, Brom would make a great Santa!"
Which immediately led to "...wait they might make Oliver Santa instead."

...I can think of at least one person who would not mind that.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

You made me think "Oh man, Brom would make a great Santa!"
Which immediately led to "...wait they might make Oliver Santa instead."

...I can think of at least one person who would not mind that.

Brom as Santa is EXACTLY what I want and I will be super mad if they make Oliver Santa instead. Like, legit pretty angry about it.

9 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Luckily for you my opinion on Halloween!Hector+Lilina seems to be very unpopular here.  So you won't have to worry about me getting another one of those outrages rolling.

IS probably didn't mean to offend anyone with it, in fact I'm sure they intended quite the opposite.  But they clearly didn't think about the negative implications it might have on Hector's character and I suppose that's what ticked me off more than anything else.  Hector is one of my favorite Lord characters and I guess I assumed even he would be smart enough to keep his daughter out of harm's way if possible.  But then again nobody ever dies in Heroes unless the plot demands it, so what does it matter?  *shrug*

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be sitting in the corner here and smoldering with humiliation.

Has the fact people choose to fight in bunny costumes, on picnics, when waltzing, wedding, when swimming, when trick or treating, when giving gifts, when wearing nothing but bath towels, not sunk in the fact that fighting in this game is totally nonsensical? I wouldn't call it a subtle satire on the prevalence of violence in modern society. It's all played straight and silly. Serious FE is thataway -------------------------->

21 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

It's not even that I'm super-sensitive enough to avoid everything along those lines.  Technically speaking Fire Emblem does child endangerment a lot.  I don't like it, but I normally don't get too up in arms about it.

But something about this goes a step too far.  At least the playable kid characters in Fire Emblem usually have some combat training.  Lilina here is just completely unnecessary and I'm surprised more people don't find it questionable.

Japanese culuture is different. Jrpgs or anime have kids either exposed to some serious violence, or performing horrible acts (lol!).

Child endangerment in a video game, are we talking about ficticious pixel chars? I think there are more severe problems in the real world like real child endangerment.

22 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Dude it’s literally just fanservice nothing more than that. All it is cute artwork of a father and his little girl spending time at the harvest festival together. The only reason combat is at all a factor is for the sake of gameplay and nothing more. Seriously it’s like complaining that someone shouldn’t go into battle wearing just a swimsuit or bath towel like no shit people shouldn’t fight in just a bath towel that’s utterly impractical but it’s all for the sake of fanservice so who cares about whether or not it makes any practical or even logical sense. It’s cute artwork of our favorite characters and that’s all it needs to accomplish at the end of the day.

19 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Dude it’s literally just fanservice nothing more than that. All it is cute artwork of a father and his little girl spending time at the harvest festival together. The only reason combat is at all a factor is for the sake of gameplay and nothing more. Seriously it’s like complaining that someone shouldn’t go into battle wearing just a swimsuit or bath towel like no shit people shouldn’t fight in just a bath towel that’s utterly impractical but it’s all for the sake of fanservice so who cares about whether or not it makes any practical or even logical sense. It’s cute artwork of our favorite characters and that’s all it needs to accomplish at the end of the day.

Doesn't fanservice break immersion in the story? 

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Doesn't fanservice break immersion in the story? 

That depends on context if you ask me. High stakes battle scene where a the camera randomly decides to put a zoom on the character’s ass for no reason? Or when a character in a game that rides a wyvern but doesn’t where any pants? Yeah that is immersion breaking.

beach episode? Seasonal alts for a gacha? No not at all cause that’s the entire point. The combat portion of all this is gameplay exclusive and as such the fanservice is really just that. It makes sense in the context of what they’re dressed for so I don’t really see the point in complaining