What in-character things have you noticed around the Monastery?

Naoko_Akamori

So, something that I do like about exploring the Monastery is finding all of the different students/people in the Monastery and seeing what they have to say. Now, we all know about the Gatekeeper, and about Bernadetta never leaving her room ever, but I was curious as to what other little 'in-character' moments you all have witnessed? Not necessarily dialogue even, maybe where students are hanging out and who they're talking with before you speak to them. 

Here's some of mine to hopefully explain what I'm asking. 

1. During the fishing contest, it seems like all of the Monastery cats have decided to congregate at the pond.

2. Raphael in Part 2 is often in line at the dining hall

3. Marianne is either in the cathedral or visiting Dorte most of the time. 

4. Manuela seems to be in the greenhouse quite a bit. 

Basically, which little moments throughout the Monastery help to build character without needing a support conversation to do it? 

I'm not sure if this really counts but one of my favorite moments in the game is one of the rare times Bernadetta isn't in her room, and is in fact at the cemetery

Spoiler

following Jeralt's death.

All the other characters are going about their usual routine for the most part and here is the little recluse actually going out to put some flowers. Honestly, it's one of those moments that put her even higher on my list of favorite characters.

3 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm not sure if this really counts but one of my favorite moments in the game is one of the rare times Bernadetta isn't in her room, and is in fact at the cemetery

Reveal hidden contents

All the other characters are going about their usual routine for the most part and here is the little recluse actually going out to put some flowers. Honestly, it's one of those moments that put her even higher on my list of favorite characters.

I actually forgot about that moment. It's a really good one! I've got enough Renown that I'm probably going to grab her on every playthrough that I can, even if I can't get the requirements to recruit her. 

Lots of them really. Felix and Caspar are usually in the training ground. Ashe and Mercedes are usually in the chapel. Hubert is wherever Edelgard is a lot, same with Dedue and Dimitri. Linhardt and Lysithea are in the library more often than anyone else.

I'm sure I'm missing plenty but it was pretty clear they thought about placement with everybody.

A bit more of the random side, but I really like how missing items are located in the exact places their owners were standing in the month prior. It's how I remember who owns what, more so than the actual description.

Raphael is almost always in the kitchen post time skip lol. If Mercedes is not with Annette, she is often by herself at the church. In fact, there seems to be a set group of students found most often at the church: Mercedes, Ashe and Marianne.

On 9/28/2019 at 10:20 AM, Sentinel07 said:

Hide contents

Speaking of Bernadetta, she isn't in her room for the whole Crimson Flower route (except the first month? I don't remember). I think this is because in that route, the Empire always has the monastery, so she would have plenty of time in her room, and she's probably less afraid to go outside. In other routes, she was glad to have returned to her room after five years of missing it, and spent notably more time inside. Nice detail there.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Near the beginning of the game, you find a Used Bottle of Perfume in the monastery (by the armory?) that belongs to Hilda. In her support with Lysithea, they talk about it and Hilda gives her an extra bottle of perfume. Much later, you find a New Bottle of Perfume that belongs to Lysithea. It's a pretty neat detail, imo.

Felix, in Azure Moon:

Spoiler

He’s usually in the training grounds, but the month after his father dies he spends mournfully in his room. The next month after that he’s up on the third floor where his father used to hang out.

Also Azure Moon spoiler:

Spoiler

After the timeskip, Dimitri’s closest friends take turns to keep watch over him in the cathedral until he changes after Rodrigue’s death.

Ashe and Dimitri are often in the Cathedral.

Bernadetta leaves her room ni CF.

On 9/30/2019 at 2:02 AM, Res said:

Felix, in Azure Moon:

Hide contents

He’s usually in the training grounds, but the month after his father dies he spends mournfully in his room. The next month after that he’s up on the third floor where his father used to hang out.

Also Azure Moon spoiler:

Hide contents

After the timeskip, Dimitri’s closest friends take turns to keep watch over him in the cathedral until he changes after Rodrigue’s death.

Wow, I never noticed the second one!

During one of the months before the timeskip, you can find Seteth staring at the statue of Saint Cethlean, and he'll remark about having a "particular fondness" for her.

Spoiler

In-character because Flayn is Saint Cethlean.

He literally went to the cathedral so that he can dote on his daughter's statue.