Voting Gauntlet: Dance Competition! (October 1st)

Diovani Bressan

Voting Gauntlet Poll  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which army will you support?

• Reinhardt: Lightning's Rondo
    • Berkut: Debonair Noble
    • Shigure: Dark Sky Singer
    • Inigo: Indigo Dancer
    • Ishtar: Thunder's Waltz
    • Rinea: Reminiscent Belle
    • Nephenee: Sincere Dancer
    • Olivia: Festival Dancer

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

According the results of the first hour, the popularity rank is:

1. Ishtar
  2. Rinea
  3. Olivia
  4. Nephenee
  5. Berkut
  6. Reinhardt
  7. Inigo
  8. Shigure

Shigure is the Team Feathers.

Is it a mere coincidence that the top 4 are female and the bottom 4 are male?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AGH! I still haven't decided and it's already started! X( Berkut or Rinea, Berkut or Rinea... My Berkut still needs DC, but I don't have fodder for that right now, and I've saved up some SP for him already for that. Rinea still needs to upgrade some of her skills and I don't have anyone with B. Tome Valor to help her out. Berkut is unmerged, Rinea's +1.

I don't even know how using the same unit as the one you're supporting affects anything, though! Urgh...

I...guess Berkut? I can jump over to Rinea if he loses, I guess. If they both lose, then I'll support Inigo or Shigure.

Well this a terrible start! The two I most want to support, Reinhardt and Nephenee, are both in deadlocks. I usually prefer to support an underdog in round 1. I was hoping to support one and then hop to the other. I didn't expect for Shigure's to effectively be the only true underdog. Though having to go against Ishtar does have Rinea looking rather easy feather wise. And I do like her design so if I somehow got stuck with her that would not be too terrible.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

I'm with Shigure! 

Why is he the least popular? 

Personally, I could never get over that hair over half his face look. Dr. Blight can pull it off, but she’s a rare exception.

1 hour ago, Lemmy said:

Personally, I could never get over that hair over half his face look. Dr. Blight can pull it off, but she’s a rare exception.

I like his art more than Inigo's for example. 

10 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

According the results of the first hour, the popularity rank is:

1. Ishtar
  2. Rinea
  3. Olivia
  4. Nephenee
  5. Berkut
  6. Reinhardt
  7. Inigo
  8. Shigure

Shigure is the Team Feathers.

Somehow, this does not surprise me one bit.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Could be gameplay wise? Since i think he has the lowest BST in the game.

I mean new stuff is always more shiny (and better in sense of skills and BST), but I didn't expect him to be last. No big deal, especially since the other two from his banner are quite popular characters. 

Of the old units, Awakening adult > Awakening child = Fates adult > Fates child seems about the expected outcome in terms of popularity. Child units are obviously less accessible in their games, appearing at best halfway into the game's duration, and they therefore have less general prominence.

12 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Of the old units, Awakening adult > Awakening child = Fates adult > Fates child seems about the expected outcome in terms of popularity. Child units are obviously less accessible in their games, appearing at best halfway into the game's duration, and they therefore have less general prominence.

That is, unless your name is Lucina

14 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Well judging from the poll. Inigo seems to be gaining more support than his mother so....

1 hour ago, Ottservia said:

Well judging from the poll. Inigo seems to be gaining more support than his mother so....

Yeah, but trying to extrapolate general popularity based on SF popularity ...that way lies madness. 😉

18 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah, but trying to extrapolate general popularity based on SF popularity ...that way lies madness. 😉

Well that, and Inigo clearly doesn't have the bigger team in the actual VG when you look at the numbers.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Well that, and Inigo clearly doesn't have the bigger team in the actual VG when you look at the numbers.

Yep, first hour numbers were 8.4M for Olivia,  3.1M for Inigo, and 1.9M for Shigure. Pretty clear-cut regardless of SF popularity, which measures nothing but, well, SF popularity.

CYL results would likewise look completely alien if we tried to do an SF poll of all the characters, any such results would say pretty much absolutely nothing about who the likely real winners would be. Would be interesting to see for science though, and a lot more characters I'd never heard of would likely be in the top echelon.

My friend totally forgot that the VG had started ... so I did five matches for her in the last 15 or so minutes just to get the orbs.

Of course, I put her on team Inigo since she likes him best.

Also, did Reinhardt really win against Berkut or did I somehow imagine seeing victory feathers?

Edited by Sunwoo

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

My friend totally forgot that the VG had started ... so I did five matches for her in the last 15 or so minutes just to get the orbs.

Of course, I put her on team Inigo since she likes him best.

Also, did Reinhardt really win against Berkut or did I somehow imagine seeing victory feathers?

Winners are Reinhardt, Inigo, Rinea and Olivia.

20 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Winners are Reinhardt, Inigo, Rinea and Olivia.

... HOW did Reinhardt even win though? Neither team had a multiplier and I'm pretty sure Berkut had more people on his team. Did everyone on Berkut's army just run out of flags?

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

... HOW did Reinhardt even win though? Neither team had a multiplier and I'm pretty sure Berkut had more people on his team. Did everyone on Berkut's army just run out of flags?

Berkut threw a prideful hissy fit where when his supporters said they'd use their flags, he said he was better than some stinkin' flags and threw them out a window, coincidentally into a trash burning.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The first hour figures were close enough to be within the margin of error, probably. Reinhardt appeared to be closing in over the past few hours.

Reinhardt Berkut
8,954,759,271 9,005,552,017
9,046,635,753 9,079,983,641
9,158,758,371 9,166,944,934

After that last Berkut multiplier, during same hell the gap (Berkut's lead) went from ~50M to ~33M to ~8M, so by the end, a Reinhardt victory was actually the likely scenario. Timed it just right.

I'm glad because the whitewashing of Berkut lately has been pretty disgusting. Kinda like the whitewashing of Illidan in Legion was.

Edited by Humanoid