Deciding whether I should wait or not...

Naoko_Akamori

So, with Crimson Flower, Verdant Wind, and Silver Snow (AKA, Verdant Wind II: Electric Boogaloo) done, my kneejerk reaction is to get right into Azure Moon. But... at the same time, I'm kind of worried that a bit too much of the same-old same-old will kind of ruin the experience for me a little bit. 

Would it be better to wait for Wave 3 of the DLC, you think? It's supposed to add more things to do around the Monastery (I'm hoping for another way to build support between two other characters besides eating) and the ability to play with the dogs and cats (!!). The only concern is having to wait until the end of the year, but Wave 2 came out a month earlier than expected, so maybe Wave 3 will as well. 

There's also waiting until next April to play the game once Wave 4 hits, but I don't really feel like going half a year without playing. Besides, isn't the additional story content supposed to be separate? 

I'm curious to hear what some of you feel the pros and cons are of waiting for Wave 3 before playing my final route? Keeping in mind I have never experienced Azure Moon before. 

Three routes was enough for me. I'm taking a break. If it's what you're feeling, just wait it out. The thread about updated impressions helped encapsulate a lot of my thoughts. The dialog bonuses are really cool for replayability, but I really found that at a certain point, the gameplay and maps were just too redundant to merit the story structure of repeat playthroughs to tease out every morsel of story. None of the routes individually adds enough story to overcome burnout, IMO.

You are probably better off waiting to get refreshed later, like people say this game has a lot of replayability but I've done only 2 routes and I'm already beggining to feel tired out since 5 chapters before I finished Azure Moon so... yeah wait it out if you feel it's getting redundant, because it kind of is.

46 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

You are probably better off waiting to get refreshed later, like people say this game has a lot of replayability but I've done only 2 routes and I'm already beggining to feel tired out since 5 chapters before I finished Azure Moon so... yeah wait it out if you feel it's getting redundant, because it kind of is.

Yeah, that's a fair point. Now it's just a matter of deciding to wait until Wave 3 or Wave 4. 

Do we have any idea if Wave 4 is supposed to be adding a whole new story, or content to existing ones? 

Edited by Naoko_Akamori

58 minutes ago, Naoko_Akamori said:

Do we have any idea if Wave 4 is supposed to be adding a whole new story, or content to existing ones? 

We don't as far as I know, only the contents of Wave 3 were leaked.

Yeah, if you're feeling the burnout coming, then it's definitely coming.

That's why I've been so slow with this game and so far have only beaten one route and haven't even so much as gotten to the timeskip for any of the other routes.  I try to space out my time with the game with some other games so that it doesn't feel like a chore to play.

Of course, it doesn't help that the first 11 or 12 chapters are more or less the exact same between the different routes.  If there's one thing I'll give Fates credit for, it's making the routes feel fairly diverse even when they reuse some of the same maps.

4 hours ago, Naoko_Akamori said:

Wave 4 supposedly has a "Side Story" called "Abyss Mode".

But no one had any idea what that could entail.  Theories abound, but there's nothing concrete.

I'm probably going to take a break once I finish Azure Moon because while I love the game the first half is kind of hard to get through again once you've played through it multiple times. If it wasn't for the supports I might have already stopped playing for a while. I definitely plan on playing the final route once Wave 3 arrives though.

2 hours ago, Edegard1902 said:

I'm probably going to take a break once I finish Azure Moon because while I love the game the first half is kind of hard to get through again once you've played through it multiple times. If it wasn't for the supports I might have already stopped playing for a while. I definitely plan on playing the final route once Wave 3 arrives though.

Yeah. I do like that they add at least a 'little' bit of extra story in the Monastery depending on which House you get, but the repeated maps are a slog. I'll be playing my final route on Maddening though, so that should at least offer a little bit of challenge. 

On the note of repetition, I really wish there was a "Chapter/Paralogue select" option to replay chapters and paralogues a player has already beaten without needing to re-do the whole path. For some battles, I just want to check out some more of the special boss conversations and really don't want to play through the same route again.

Once I'm done with my Blue Lions run, I'm taking a long ass break. Three runs in and I'm already getting burned out. Sure the game is amazing and fun and everything but there are other games I have that I want to finish but...this one just keeps getting in the way. Replay value is just too real.

And as far as the Wave 3 DLC is concerned, I'll just wait til it comes out, probably sometime afterwards before I can go back to it for my last run.

Literally what I'm going to do. Just finished BE-E and GD and will start BL tomorrow and while I love the game I feel like I'll get burned out soon but I'm loving the cast too much. I'll probably wait until wave 3 for my Church playthrough.