Decide the fate of Ashe..(Some Spoilers from Blue Lions Final Map, but nothing too unknown)

Should him survive?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Ashe..

• Dies. The show must go on
    • Lives. Bergelomeu gets to play the chapter again

Anyway, final map of Blue Lions.

I was doing pretty okay at my playthrough, I guess.

No deaths, everyone recruited, only 1 bad unit (Lorenz) and all that.

This map was pretty easy, but random crits and 'Damage Combos' (aka Edelgard getting someone on low health) got almost all of my divine pulses (had only 1 at the end).

Anyway, routed the map, put everyone into position (near Edelgard), full health, relics in hand and..Ashe, the normal bow knight with somehow good Str.

My first move in the battle was simply getting Dimitri to face her. Nothing too shiny, just wanted to see how he would fare against her. Anyway, 20 damage 70 Hit 0 Crit, doubled.

...He got a crit from a 5% chance. 'Just bad luck', I thought

Anyway, used the last divine pulse and waited a turn to roll RNG.

Ignatz gets the Def debuff on her and evades, just like always.

Ashe goes for the chip damage for around 16 damage while doubling. Pretty darn good and he had enough to survive a hit.

..Guy gets a crit from 3%. 'F*cking again?!', I say, 'At least I have Divine Pulses..', I say. I didn't.

But that's enough backstory, the only thing I wanna know is:

Should I respect my horrible stupid luck or should the love for this great character be enough to make me reset the entire level? I leave the choice to you.

Edited by BergelomeuSantos

I would replay the chapter. I remember I struggled a lot with it, especially because of Edelgard having this fucking weapon that can hit everyone, so I just went to the left and never killed the guy that makes your hp to 1. 

1 hour ago, Metakirby said:

I would replay the chapter. I remember I struggled a lot with it, especially because of Edelgard having this fucking weapon that can hit everyone, so I just went to the left and never killed the guy that makes your hp to 1. 

On that note, how do you safely kill that guy anyway? Some kind of Warp / Rescue shenanigans or something?

Topic: Casualties are a part of war. Rest in peace, Ashe.

25 minutes ago, Elephantus said:

On that note, how do you safely kill that guy anyway? Some kind of Warp / Rescue shenanigans or something?

I really don't know, it's the first time it happened to me in a Fire Emblem ; but I guess Warp definitely helps, the problem is Edelgard's weapon that can target everyone. I guess maybe going until Edelgard's weapon changes, then taking the risk to go back to him? 

You replay the map and save the precious cinnamon roll.

As for Myson, you can either dance or stride a flier in his direction and murder his ass up close. He doesn't counter lol. All the mages then retreat after he falls.

36 minutes ago, Crysta said:

As for Myson, you can either dance or stride a flier in his direction and murder his ass up close. He doesn't counter lol. All the mages then retreat after he falls.

Funny. I got him from a safe distance using a longbow+, Deadeye, (with Ashe), and rescue (to pull Ashe back) so he could be healed and do it again next turn. (I just ignored him in the file I lost Ashe. It ended up being a lot more hassle).

Naturally my vote goes to saving him because... I too lost an Ashe to a low percent crit (albeit on the second last chapter). I decided to keep the save because I was so heartbroken so I could get a legitimate "no divine pulse/reset" run, and still see an ending with my team intact. After going through that chapter both with and without Ashe as a consequence... I say Ashe is worth it.

About Myson..

All I did was Stride (?) (the gambit that gives a bunch of move) Dimitri to one-shot the guy on 2nd turn. I knew it that he was going to be more trouble than free xp.

Also, holy hell! 14 vs 5?! I was going to give it another day but..We already have a result!

6 hours ago, Crysta said:

Oooh, they retreat? Well that changes things. I didn't touch the guy precisely because I thought that no matter what I'd do, those mages would smack me, and I didn't have a Rescue user alive. Killing the dude next time I play.

7 hours ago, Elephantus said:

Oooh, they retreat? Well that changes things. I didn't touch the guy precisely because I thought that no matter what I'd do, those mages would smack me, and I didn't have a Rescue user alive. Killing the dude next time I play.

Yeah while the game makes it clear he's the ringleader, it doesn't really spell out what it means. It makes the map significantly easier.

You still have to contend with long range mages in the throne room, but offing them with bow knights should be no problem.

On 9/29/2019 at 5:11 AM, Elephantus said:

You don't need Warp, you could also Stride in a flier and one-shot him on turn 1. Make sure to either have the Aurora Shield or just Canto out of range of the sniper to the north. And then your 4+ other Strided units aggro the monster and kill the other enemies in that room. 

He was the first enemy I killed so it was very anti-climactic seeing basically every mage on the map disappear right at the start!