Three Houses SI Idea

Osrio12

Okay, so I kinda already posted a a thread like this but now I have a better idea of where to take this story idea. 

Self Insert. 

How you ask? Timey wimey BS sends me into the body of an unnamed Black Eagles commoner. I know the BEs are mainly nobles, but I think we can get away with at least one commoner.  So while I'm stuck in the Black Eagles, Byleth goes and chooses the Blue Lions. So while they do their own thing, I'm off doing other monthly missions with the Eagles. It'd basically be a kind of mix of Crimson Flower from my end and Azure Moon from Byleth's end.

Only issue I see so far is how do you fight a girl that basically has a limited use Killer Queen Bites the Dust?

1 minute ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Isn't Byleth supposed to be the self-insert in Three Houses?

Well....kinda? Despite having the emotional resonance of a snail, that is kinda the point of them, given the weird circumstances of Byleth's birth. They're still technically a character at the end o the day, but it's like Tales of Xillia 2 with Ludger, or Persona 5 with Joker. They do have characters, sort of. 

To be fair, FE's so called "Avatars/MyUnits" aren't really SI's in the strictest sense. Some may have customizable aspects; but ultimately are more their own characters than a stand-in for the player. Anyway...

2 hours ago, Osrio12 said:

Only issue I see so far is how do you fight a girl that basically has a limited use Killer Queen Bites the Dust?

Assuming the SI knows this particular tid-bit, the best one could say is... you don't.

Trickery might be key. Like, you plan a scenario where Byleth is forced to use the power... but make it so Byleth is forced to take a specific action, which you then act against that. Repeat as many times needed if they also rewind that one.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Trickery might be key. Like, you plan a scenario where Byleth is forced to use the power... but make it so Byleth is forced to take a specific action, which you then act against that. Repeat as many times needed if they also rewind that one.

That might actually be a good idea. My idea is to have the SI basically be aware of the fact that time is frozen and reversing. Think of Jojo Part 5, where Diavolo can see the blood going back from Giorno's eyes back into his own body. Here it'd work like this.

Let's say I land a crit on Felix with a sword or something. As soon as Byleth reacts, I'd be able to see the Divine Pulse effect, and see time frozen around me and begin to rewind. I'm very much aware that time just reset to before Felix's death, but can't stop it. I can only force Byleth to exhaust her power. Of course this also runs the risk of Byleth realizing what I'm doing and especially post timeskip...she might not be very happy with me.

One other detail is how to handle the timeskip. The plan is to basically merge Crimson Flower with Azure Moon, but I haven't gotten to Crimson Flower yet. 

I was going to, but then Claude seduced me with that goddamn smile of his.